• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 35, 2007

doicare said:
That has got to be one of the most retarded posts i have ever seen. If their are less ps2 games being released then other games being released have to take their place, more 360 and ps3 games are taking their place instead of wii games, so what's your point?

Really

There's no Wii games being released
There's less PS2 games being released
there's more PS3 games being released

And you stated my point in your OWN FREAKING POST

there's GOING TO BE MORE PS3 GAMES CHARTING IF THERE'S LESS OF OTHR THINGS BEING RELEASED..................... Damn

doicare

Jokeropia said:
:lol

This week's chart is probably the best yet for Wii with so many games in top positions. It's not that 360 and PS3 haven't gotten as many games yet (they have), it's just that their games don't sell as well as the Wii games. This applies to the PS3 in particular, just compare the positions of it's recent releases to the positions of Wii's recent releases. (Heavenly Sword debuted at #6 and fell to #13 this week while Super Paper Mario debuted at #3 and climbed to #1 this week, Tiger Woods Wii's fourth week outsold Tiger Woods PS3's first week and is easily the best selling version etc.) Things will only get better for Wii as it overtakes the 360's installed base (I don't think it has happened in the UK yet) and continues to increase it's lead over the PS3.

:lol Except that things arent getting better they've got worse. During the summer the wii had more than double the amount of games in the top 40 than the 360 and ps3 combined, that's not true any more and the 360 and ps3 are now right behind the wii. Both the ps3 and 360 have more top rated games coming out by the end of the year and will have more games in the top 40 because of that. Also take a close look at fifa 2008's sales next week, the ps2, 360 and ps3 versions of the game will all out sell the wii version.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
*looks at MySims Chart position*

It begins, EA can do no wrong in the UK when it comes to Wii games confirmed.

doicare said:
:lol Except that things arent getting better they've got worse. During the summer the wii had more than double the amount of games in the top 40 than the 360 and ps3 combined, that's not true any more and the 360 and ps3 are now right behind the wii. Both the ps3 and 360 have more top rated games coming out by the end of the year and will have more games in the top 40 because of that. Also take a close look at fifa 2008's sales next week, the ps2, 360 and ps3 versions of the game will all out sell the wii version.

l_b1baad815541cdccb1d491306f4064ab.gif

doicare said:
choo%20choo.jpg

doicare

DefectiveReject said:
Really

There's no Wii games being released
There's less PS2 games being released
there's more PS3 games being released

And you stated my point in your OWN FREAKING POST

there's GOING TO BE MORE PS3 GAMES CHARTING IF THERE'S LESS OF OTHR THINGS BEING RELEASED..................... Damn

Except their are wii games being released. In the past month the wii has had Super Paper Mario, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08, MySims, Boogie, and Madden NFL 08.

So what if more 360 and ps3 games are coming out? That's bad for the wii, the wii needs more games, because more games are coming out that are good for the 360 and ps3 more will chart, hence my original statement, the 360 and ps3 will soon have more games in the top 40 than the wii.

doicare said:
Except their are wii games being released. In the past month the wii has had Super Paper Mario, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08, MySims, Boogie, and Madden NFL 08.

So what if more 360 and ps3 games are coming out? That's bad for the wii, the wii needs more games, because more games are coming out that are good for the 360 and ps3 more will chart, hence my original statement, the 360 and ps3 will soon have more games in the top 40 than the wii.

And where are those games???

AT THE TOP OF THE DAMED CHART!!!

Everything else has been hanging around since launch, and has been outselling PS3 software

doicare

DefectiveReject said:

Instead of posting retarded pictures why dont you try and prove what i have said is wrong.

If the wii during the summer didn't have double the amount of the games in the top 40 than the 360 and ps3 combined please prove it.

If the 360 and ps3 aren't right behind the wii in the amount of games in the top 40 chart this week please prove it.

If the 360 and ps3 don't have more top rated games coming out by the end of the year please prove it.

If fifa 2008 on the wii isn't going to be out sold by the ps2, 360 and ps3 versions then please prove it.

Bo130

For the discussion:

01/03 [WII] Super Paper Mario (Nintendo)
02/01 [360] John Woo Presents Stranglehold (Midway)
03/04 [WII] Wii Play (Nintendo)
04/05 [NDS] More Brain Training From Dr Kawashima (Nintendo)
05/__ [WII] Mysims (Electronic Arts)
06/08 [NDS] Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (Nintendo)
07/02 [360] Medal Of Honor: Airborne (Electronic Arts)
08/__ [NDS] Mysims (Electronic Arts)
09/10 [PS3] Colin Mcrae: Dirt (Codemasters)
10/09 [WII] Tiger Woods Pga Tour 08 (Electronic Arts)

11/__ [PS3] Tiger Woods Pga Tour 08 (Electronic Arts)
12/12 [WII] Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree (Nintendo)
13/06 [PS3] Heavenly Sword (Sony Computer Ent.)
14/07 [PC] The Sims 2: Bon Voyage (Electronic Arts)
15/__ [PC] World In Conflict (Vivendi Games)
16/21 [PS2] Transformers: The Game (Activision)
17/17 [NDS] New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)
18/16 [WII] Mario Party 8 (Nintendo)
19/__ [PS2] Singstar Rock Ballads (Sony Computer Ent.)
20/38 [NDS] Sonic Rush Adventure (Sega)
21/11 [360] Bioshock (Take 2)
22/20 [NDS] Cooking Mama (505 Games)
23/19 [PS2] Rugby 08 (Electronic Arts)
24/27 [PS3] Resistance: Fall Of Man (Sony Computer Ent.)
25/15 [WII] Boogie (Electronic Arts)
26/22 [NDS] Pokemon Diamond (Nintendo)
27/29 [360] Forza Motorsport 2 (Microsoft)
28/28 [PS3] Motorstorm (Sony Computer Ent.)
29/__ [PS3] Warhawk (Sony Computer Ent.)
30/13 [PC] Medal Of Honor: Airborne (Electronic Arts)
31/18 [360] Tiger Woods Pga Tour 08 (Electronic Arts)
32/26 [NDS] Pokemon Pearl (Nintendo)
33/24 [PS2] Stuntman: Ignition (Thq)
34/31 [WII] Resident Evil 4 (Capcom)
35/35 [PSP] Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (Take 2)
36/23 [PS2] Tiger Woods Pga Tour 08 (Electronic Arts)
37/33 [360] Blue Dragon (Microsoft)
38/25 [NDS] Worms: Open Warfare 2 (Thq)
39/14 [360] Two Worlds (South Peak Games)
40/30 [PC] Medieval Ii: Total War - Kingdoms (Sega)

Wii = 8 (average position = 13.5)
PS3 = 6 (average position = 19.0)
DS = 9 (average position = 19.2)
X360 = 7 (average position = 23.4)
PC = 4 (average position = 24.8)
PS2 = 5 (average position = 25.4)
PSP = 1 (average position = 35)

This isn't very useful without factoring in the number of the games on the chart, though. If we make a system that draws off a point from the total every time a system has one more game at the chart (starting from 2) we have.

Wii ~ 6
DS ~ 10
PS3 ~ 13
360 ~ 16
PS2 ~ 20
PC ~ 21
PSP ~ 35

kottila

doicare said:
Instead of posting retarded pictures why dont you try and prove what i have said is wrong.

If the wii during the summer didn't have double the amount of the games in the top 40 than the 360 and ps3 combined please prove it.

It's your claim, the least you can do is to show us a link.

doicare said:
If the 360 and ps3 aren't right behind the wii in the amount of games in the top 40 chart this week please prove it.

If you take a look at my list, earlier in the thread, you see that wii has by far more titles in the top 20 than the other consoles

doicare said:
If the 360 and ps3 don't have more top rated games coming out by the end of the year please prove it.

Do you want me to predict the reviews of games that aren't coming out for three months?!?

doicare said:
If fifa 2008 on the wii isn't going to be out sold by the ps2, 360 and ps3 versions then please prove it.

That may well be true, but how can we know that now. We'll have to wait and see.

edit;
l_b1baad815541cdccb1d491306f4064ab.gif

Jokeropia

doicare said:
Again, you have no idea what you're talking about. Wii has never had so many games this high in the top 40. PS3 (thanks to several new releases) might also have more games in the chart than it has had in a while (360 however has done these numbers before), but again most of them are located in the bottom part and won't stay as long as the Wii games. Wii's holiday lineup is also the strongest with Metroid, Mario Galaxy, Mario + Sonic and so on.

acuul

doicare said:

this is the top ten:

3 1 SUPER PAPER MARIO WII NINTENDO NINTENDO
1 2 JOHN WOO PRESENTS STRANGLEHOLD XB360 MIDWAY MIDWAY
4 3 WII PLAY WII NINTENDO NINTENDO
5 4 MORE BRAIN TRAINING FROM DR KAWASHIMA DS NINTENDO NINTENDO
- 5 MYSIMS WII EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
8 6 DR KAWASHIMA'S BRAIN TRAINING DS NINTENDO NINTENDO
2 7 MEDAL OF HONOR: AIRBORNE XB360 EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
- 8 MYSIMS DS EA GAMES ELECTRONIC ARTS
10 9 COLIN MCRAE: DIRT PS3 CODEMASTERS CODEMASTERS
9 10 TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 08 WII EA SPORTS ELECTRONIC ARTS

I think ps3 and xb360 need more games...

doicare said:
Retarded pics?
I thought it was funny

If the PS3 and 360 didn't have as many or more games released at the same time that failed to chart . . . . P . r . o . v . e i . t

I didn't say they weren't. i said they were but they ARE lower down the chart (MUCH MORE SO)

LOL YEAH RIGHT. you prove it...... LOL :lol :lol :lol

i can't prove something that hasn't yet happened............! :lol :lol :lol :lol

Vagabundo

doicare said:

So the Wii is now competing against both HD consoles combined?

The Wii software is doing well, there is a better mix of 1st/3rd party IMO and the software is climbing higher in the charts. Of course every month has it's ups and downs depending on what is released. OCT/NOV will be a better barometer.

doicare

kottila said:
It's your claim, the least you can do is to show us a link.

If you take a look at my list, earlier in the thread, you see that wii has by far more titles in the top 20 than the other consoles

Do you want me to predict the reviews of games that aren't coming out for three months?!?

That may well be true, but how can we know that now. We'll have to wait and see.

OK here is the individual formats chart 6 weeks ago on the week ending the 18th:
http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p%2Fsoftware%2Fuk%2Farchive%2Findex_test.jsp&ct=110032&arch=t&lyr=2007&year=2007&week=33

In that chart the wii has 10 games in the top 40 and the 360 and ps3 only have 2 each.

I don't approve of raids or anything abusive.

But if you would like to see the Chart track site formatted without all caps then send a polite e.mail to: charts@chart-track.co.uk I'm sure if they get enough responses in a short period of time they'll take note and format it better, as far as I'm aware there's no benefit to keeping it all caps.

doicare

Jokeropia said:
Again, you have no idea what you're talking about. Wii has never had more games in the top 40 than this, and if you pay attention you'll see that most of them are located in the upper part of it too. PS3 (thanks to several new releases) might also have more games in the chart than it has had in a while (360 however has done these numbers before), but again most of them are located in the bottom part and won't stay as long as the Wii games. Wii's holiday lineup is also the strongest with Metroid, Mario Galaxy, Mario + Sonic and so on.

As ive proved in my previous post with a link to chart track the wii had 10 games in top 40 6 weeks ago and now it has 8. At the same time both the 360 and ps3 only had 2 each and now they have 7 and 6 games in the top 40 respectively.

Vagabundo

doicare said:
As ive proved in my previous post with a link to chart track the wii had 10 games in top 40 6 weeks ago and now it has 8. At the same time both the 360 and ps3 only had 2 each and now they have 7 and 6 games in the top 40 respectively.

The top 1-10 matters slightly more than the 11-40 range.

The Wii is doing very well pushing software into the top 10 and keeping them there. And it it only going to get better at it.

You are not proving your point that the Wii software sales are gettign worse. It seems to be a smokescreen for the "Wii is a Fad" meme.

doicare

DefectiveReject said:
Retarded pics?
I thought it was funny

No

DefectiveReject said:
If the PS3 and 360 didn't have as many or more games released at the same time that failed to chart . . . . P . r . o . v . e i . t

You didnt answer my question and your statement doesnt make any sense.

DefectiveReject said:
I didn't say they weren't. i said they were but they ARE lower down the chart (MUCH MORE SO)

And i never said they werent lower down the chart, just that their will soon be more 360 and ps3 games in the top 40 then the wii will have.

DefectiveReject said:
LOL YEAH RIGHT. you prove it...... LOL :lol :lol :lol

It's called common sense.

DefectiveReject said:
i can't prove something that hasn't yet happened............! :lol :lol :lol :lol

Exactly so dont be a fanboy and use the :lol :lol :lol icon when you have no idea.

doicare

Vagabundo said:
The top 1-10 matters slightly more than the 11-40 range.

The Wii is doing very well pushing software into the top 10 and keeping them there. And it it only going to get better at it.

You are not proving your point that the Wii software sales are gettign worse. It seems to be a smokescreen for the "Wii is a Fad" meme.

This is what makes me laugh, people don't read what people actually say anymore on forums. I HAVE NEVER SAID WII SOFTWARE SALES ARE GETTING WORSE. I said soon both the 360 and ps3 will have more games chart in the top 40 than the wii. The reason why that will happen is more games are being released for the 360 and ps3 and SOFTWARE SALES FOR THE 360 AND PS3 ARE IMPROVING.

Frillen

doicare said:
No

You didnt answer my question and your statement doesnt make any sense.

And i never said they werent lower down the chart, just that their will soon be more 360 and ps3 games in the top 40 then the wii will have.

It's called common sense.

Exactly so dont be a fanboy and use the :lol :lol :lol icon when you have no idea.

What's your intentions with all this crap anyway? Please just shut it.

acuul

doicare said:
This is what makes me laugh, people don't read what people actually say anymore on forums. I HAVE NEVER SAID WII SOFTWARE SALES ARE GETTING WORSE. I said soon both the 360 and ps3 will have more games chart in the top 40 than the wii. The reason why that will happen is more games are being released for the 360 and ps3 and SOFTWARE SALES FOR THE 360 AND PS3 ARE IMPROVING.

You can't say this just looking at two weeks charts.
what do you think it'll happen when in november it will be released mario galaxy, mario and sonic at olympics games, resident evil UC, zak and wiki, ecc...

I think this year belongs to wii, next year we'll see

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
France, August 27 -Sept 2

1.POKEMON DIAMANT (Nintendo) NDS (-)
2.BIOSHOCK (2K Games) 360 (E)
3.POKEMON PERLE (Nintendo) NDS (-1)
4.PROGRAMME D'ENTRAINEMENT CEREBRAL AVANCE (Nintendo) NDS (-)
5.PROGRAMME D'ENTRAINEMENT CEREBRAL DU Dr. KAWASHIMA (Nintendo) NDS (-)
6.Wii PLAY (Nintendo) Wii (-3)
7.NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. (Nintendo) NDS (-1)
8.MARIO PARTY 8 (Nintendo) Wii (-1)
9.RUGBY 08 (Electronic Arts) PS2 (E)
10.RESIDENT EVIL 4 Wii EDITION (Capcom) Wii (+3)
11.RATATOUILLE (THQ) NDS (-2)
12.THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: TWILIGHT PRINCESS (Nintendo) Wii (-1)
13.MARIO KART DS (Nintendo) NDS (-1)
14.CEREBRALE ACADEMIE sur Wii (Nintendo) Wii (-4)
15.MARIO STRIKERS CHARGED (Nintendo) Wii (-1)
16.TRAUMA CENTER: SECOND OPINION (Atlus) Wii (-8)
17.GHOST RECON ADVANCED WARFIGHTER 2 (Ubisoft) PS3 (E)
18.PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 6 (Konami) PS2 (-2)
19.BLUE DRAGON (Microsoft Games) 360 (E)
20.ANIMAL CROSSING: WILD WORLD (Nintendo) NDS (-5)

doicare

Frillen said:
What's your intentions with all this crap anyway? Please just shut it.

I made a factual statement, both the 360 and ps3 will soon have more games in the top 40 than the wii. It's just an observation based on the trends of the last 6 weeks with the amount of 360 and ps3 software significantly increasing over that time, no harm in that statement unless you are a nintendo fanboy who can't handle the truth.

Xekrn

Banned
Bioshock doesn't have legs confirmed. Here goes my 3M WW prediction ... :(

Blue Dragon tanked confirmed. :(

That Sakaguchi dude needs to learn something new other than CG stuffed turn based RPG.

E-phonk

Banned
You people really don't seem to understand the logic bright minds such as myself and doicare obviously see.

It's not that the Wii is not outselling the competition, or that the Wii isn't selling more software, or that 3rd party Wii games and multiplatform games are outselling their next-gen counterparts - offcourse it is, we can see this just as easily as you can. It's that the Wii isn't GROWING in outperforming the other 2 TOGETHER. As long as the Wii can't claim a week-over-week increase of at least 50% on both it's rivals combined, it is losing in it's quest for complete market domination. And as we all know, what is winning if you can't win it all? What is domination if you can't atleast outperform all your competitors MORE then the weeks before.

No, let's all face it - Wii is on it's way down, and I know for a fact that surely but slowly it will fade away. It might be tomorrow, it might be in ten years, but Wii Won't Win Forever!

mepaco

doicare said:

Nice job finding a really pitiful week for the consoles. Looking back at previous threads it looks like PS3 had 5 or 6 in the top 40 two weeks prior to that and 3 the week before. It had 3 the week after. The 360 had 5 the previous week and 5 the week after. Unless you want to analyze the entire summer, it will be hard to justify your claim. And regardless of everything else you have said, how do you intend to prove the bolded part? The Wii has a lot of big names coming out and I don't see the momentum slowing down anytime soon.

doicare

acuul said:
You can't say this just looking at two weeks charts.
what do you think it'll happen when in november it will be released mario galaxy, mario and sonic at olympics games, resident evil UC, zak and wiki, ecc...

I think this year belongs to wii, next year we'll see

Like i said i've looked at the last 6 weeks worth of charts, during that time these are the results:

Number of wii games in the top 40 the past 6 weeks - 10, 9, 8, 8, 8, 8

Number of x360 games in the top 40 the past 6 weeks - 2, 5, 5, 7, 8, 7

Number of ps3 games in the top 40 the past 6 weeks - 2, 3, 3, 3, 5, 6

As you can clearly see the trend show a small decrease in the amount of wii games in the top 40 and a huge increase for both the 360 and ps3.

The wii has some very good games cmoing out by the end of the year but the 360 and ps3 have more.

Jokeropia

doicare said:
Look at the positions of the games. The Wii games are much higher up in this week's chart. You have to pay attention to the new releases a system has gotten, since a top 40 is such a low cutoff that almost every new release charts and the total amount of games can vary greatly from week to week. (X360 had five games in the chart just the week after the chart you posted, for example, and last week both WII and X360 had 8 games with PS3 having 5.) To get a complete picture unaffected by the fluctuations in releases you have to look at the positions of the games and how long they stay in the chart before disappearing. The obvious trend here is that Wii games stay longer (and thus sell more) than X360 and especially PS3 games. Again, Super Paper Mario vs. Heavenly Sword and Tiger Woods Wii 4th week vs. Tiger Woods PS3 1st week are perfect examples of this.

E-phonk

Banned
I'm with doicare, and to prove his predictions are right - I want to bet that next week a X360 game will be number one.

You will see, it's game over from here on for Wii...

doicare said:
I made a factual statement, both the 360 and ps3 will soon have more games in the top 40 than the wii. It's just an observation based on the trends of the last 6 weeks with the amount of 360 and ps3 software significantly increasing over that time, no harm in that statement unless you are a nintendo fanboy who can't handle the truth.

No you made a prediction. Unless you have a fucking crystal ball

Jokeropia

doicare said:
The wii has some very good games cmoing out by the end of the year but the 360 and ps3 have more.
Which upcoming PS3 games this year will outperform Mario Galaxy and Mario + Sonic in the UK? 360 has Halo which should be on that level (despite not being as big in UK as it is in US), but PS3? When Heavenly Sword gets destroyed by Super Paper Mario like this, I don't see what Sony can do against Mario Galaxy.

Frillen

doicare said:

So just because the PSP has a few more titles in the top 50 list than normal in Japan and DS a few less, the PSP is for sure going to have more titles than the DS in the top 50 in the not to distant future?

Your logic is flawed. You have to take a look at what games comes out and not just follow flawed trends from 6 weeks. Lastly, the situation is a heck lot better for Nintendo if you only look at the top 20 or top 10 list.

Vagabundo

doicare said:
Like i said i've looked at the last 6 weeks worth of charts, during that time these are the results:

As you can clearly see the trend show a small decrease in the amount of wii games in the top 40 and a huge increase for both the 360 and ps3.

There is loads of problems with your analysis.

Your not going to prove this fact without hard numbers, which we dont have for the UK. You cannot compare the charts reliably ecuase the units sold can vary.

If the Wii consistently gets 4-5 of the spots in the top 10. It wont matter a damn if PS3/360 software fill 11-40 as unit sales there usually fall off pretty dramatically...

Anyway a month and a half of charts aint going to cut it. Your going to need the year of unit sales. Now that would be interesting.

Kildace

marc^o^ said:
France, August 27 -Sept 2

1.POKEMON DIAMANT (Nintendo) NDS (-)
2.BIOSHOCK (2K Games) 360 (E)
3.POKEMON PERLE (Nintendo) NDS (-1)
4.PROGRAMME D'ENTRAINEMENT CEREBRAL AVANCE (Nintendo) NDS (-)
5.PROGRAMME D'ENTRAINEMENT CEREBRAL DU Dr. KAWASHIMA (Nintendo) NDS (-)
6.Wii PLAY (Nintendo) Wii (-3)
7.NEW SUPER MARIO BROS. (Nintendo) NDS (-1)
8.MARIO PARTY 8 (Nintendo) Wii (-1)
9.RUGBY 08 (Electronic Arts) PS2 (E)
10.RESIDENT EVIL 4 Wii EDITION (Capcom) Wii (+3)
11.RATATOUILLE (THQ) NDS (-2)
12.THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: TWILIGHT PRINCESS (Nintendo) Wii (-1)
13.MARIO KART DS (Nintendo) NDS (-1)
14.CEREBRALE ACADEMIE sur Wii (Nintendo) Wii (-4)
15.MARIO STRIKERS CHARGED (Nintendo) Wii (-1)
16.TRAUMA CENTER: SECOND OPINION (Atlus) Wii (-8)
17.GHOST RECON ADVANCED WARFIGHTER 2 (Ubisoft) PS3 (E)
18.PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER 6 (Konami) PS2 (-2)
19.BLUE DRAGON (Microsoft Games) 360 (E)
20.ANIMAL CROSSING: WILD WORLD (Nintendo) NDS (-5)

Wow, Bioshock beat Wii play, brain training and pokemon pearl. That's fucking unexpected. I only know 3 people with 360s, Microsoft doesn't advertise it and I was under the impression that no one in france had one. France is nintendoland :\

Vagabundo said:
Anyway a month and a half of charts aint going to cut it. Your going to need the year of unit sales. Now that would be interesting.

Unit sales for stuff like Wii Sports, Wii Play and Mario Party are worthless. No one is denying that the Wii is selling exceptionally well throughout the world. Everyone I know wants one. The question is will the absolutely huge amount of people that bought Wiis be interested in anything else than party / Nintendo games, this is the only thing that matters in the long run and no one has the answer, yet. Resident Evil 4 is selling well, but then again it's currently the 5th best rated game on Gamerankings and a former Gamecube exclusive and hardly representative of the average 3rd party offering on any console, titles that still sell 500K+ units on the 360 if they're any good.

Weisheit

doicare said:

This is just your opinion.

doicare

I can see it's pointless debating this, most sales threads have become over run with fans of a certain console. All im saying is both the 360 and ps3 have significantly improved the amount of games that chart in the top 40 and are soon going to over take the wii. Here's a list of up coming games in the uk for all consoles that will likely make it into the top 40.

360:
Halo 3
Fifa 2008
Skate
Sega Rally
Juiced 2
Conan
Ratatouille
NBA Live 08
Project Gotham Racing 4
Spider-Man: Friend Or Foe
Crash Of The Titans
Half-Life 2: The Orange Box
Eternal Sonata
PES 2008 (Pro Evolution Soccer 7)
Guitar Hero 3
Tomb Raider
NBA 2K8
Clive Barker's Jericho
Virtua Fighter 5
NASCAR 08
NHL 2K8
Call Of Duty 4
The Simpsons Game
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground
Naruto: Rise Of A Ninja
The Lord Of The Rings: The White Council
Bladestorm: The Hundred Years War
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga
WWE: Smackdown VS Raw 2008
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
Assassin's Creed
Mass Effect
Army Of Two
Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway
F.E.A.R. Files
Need For Speed: ProStreet
World In Conflict
Scene It: The Movie Trivia Game
Ace Combat 6: Fires Of Liberation
Viva Pinata: Party Animal
Kingdom Under Fire
Dark Sector
Bully: Scholarship Edition
Burnout: Paradise

Ps3:
Fifa 2008
Sega Rally
Stuntman
NHL 08
Conan
Ratatouille
Madden NFL 08
Juiced 2
skate
Folklore
NBA Live 08
Fatal Inertia
Lair
PES 2008 (Pro Evolution Soccer 7)
Guitar Hero 3
Ratchet & Clank: Tools Of Destruction
John Woo Presents: Stranglehold
The Eye Of Judgement
NBA 2K8
Clive Barker's Jericho
NHL 2K8
Smash Court Tennis
Call Of Duty 4
Bladestorm: The Hundred Years War
Kane & Lynch: Dead Men
Assassin's Creed
Half-Life 2: The Orange Box
Unreal Tournament III
The Simpsons Game
Army Of Two
Brothers In Arms: Hell's Highway
Haze
Blazing Angels 2: Secret Missions Of WWII
SingStar
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune
Time Crisis 4
Gran Turismo 5 Proluge
Everybody's Golf 5
Buzz! The Quiz Channel
Medal Of Honor: Airborne
Burnout: Paradise

Wii:
Ratatouille
Spider-Man: Friend Or Foe
Table Tennis
Carnival: Funfair Games
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Guitar Hero 3
The Sims 2: Castaway
Zack & Wiki
Crash Of The Titans
NBA Live 08
The Simpsons Game
Playground
Super Mario Galaxy
Rayman: Raving Rabbids 2
NiGHTS: Journey Of Dreams
Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
Manhunt 2
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Geometry Wars: Galaxies
Donky Kong: Bongo Blast
Pokemon Battle Revolution
Brothers In Arms: Road To Hill 30
Bully: Scholarship Edition
Tomb Raider: Anniversary

doicare said:

Why does it matter if 360 and PS3 has more titles in the top 40 then Wii combined? Are fanboys that desperate that they have to combine two consoles just to beat one? Well in that case Wii + DS > 360 + PS3.

Kildace said:
The question is will the absolutely huge amount of people that bought Wiis be interested in anything else than party / Nintendo games, this is the only thing that matters in the long run and no one has the answer, yet. Resident Evil 4 is selling well, but then again it's currently the 5th best rated game on Gamerankings and a former Gamecube exclusive and hardly representative of the average 3rd party offering on any console, titles that still sell 600K+ units on the Xbox if they're even decent.

RE4, MySims, Tiger Woods Wii, Red Steel, RRR all performed well.

doicare

BishopLamont said:
Why does it matter if 360 and PS3 has more titles in the top 40 then Wii combined? Are fanboys that desperate that they have to combine two consoles just to beat one? Well in that case Wii + DS > 360 + PS3.

Who says anything about combined? The 360 and ps3 by themselves will have more games in the top 40 then the wii soon.

ksamedi

I don't want to derail the thread but someone here is claiming that PS3 has a lot of good games coming, i wonder which ones those are because I surely would like to buy a PS3 but I just can't get myself excited about its lineup.

Kildace

BishopLamont said:
RE4, MySims, Tiger Woods Wii, Red Steel, RRR all performed well.

MySims is a casual game, Tiger Woods Wii benefited from Wii Sports like Wii Tennis would but it is not a "hardcore" game, I'll give you Red Steel but underline that it hasn't been selling at all in the past 5 months even though the Wii has been selling over 350K+ units per month, RRR is minigames.

Edit:
Bo130 said:

Would you mind doing this again but excluding Wii Play since it's bundled with almost every controller sold and does not reflect any consumer demand other than "Oh cool, free stuff"?

E-phonk

Banned
doicare said:
Who says anything about combined? The 360 and ps3 by themselves will have more games in the top 40 then the wii soon.

There are many flaws in your logic, but i'll take out the most sarcastic one taking your avatar in account: you forgot the legs.

Even if all the games you mentioned make it for at least one week into the charts for october - december, there are at least a few that will have long legs.

Wii Play will keep selling, Mario Galaxy will keep a top 10 spot from the moment it's released 'till who knows when, metroid prime will keep it's spot for a decent time. Wii Zapper with zelda (not included in your list) will keep its spot for a long time.

Besides that, I can see games like MySims, Guitar Hero (both Wii and X360 version) and mario & sonic charting for many weeks to come.

Another point is, you add the multiplatform games with all systems, but some of them that aim to a younger crowd like ratatouille or simpsons are bound to sell more/longer on the cheapest systems like Wii, portables and maybe x360.

Personally I think a lot of the games you mention won't chart on all platforms, and you forget that DS/PSP will take about 30 % of the charts anyway, leaving little room for other titles in the Top40

Not sure why, but here are the UK games listed by system and genre

01/03 [WII] Platformer/Adventure
03/04 [WII] Minigames
05/__ [WII] Sim
10/09 [WII] Golf
12/12 [WII] Training/Puzzle
18/16 [WII] Minigames
25/15 [WII] Waggle?
34/31 [WII] Action Adventure

02/01 [360] 3PS
07/02 [360] FPS
21/11 [360] FPS
27/29 [360] Racing
31/18 [360] Golf
37/33 [360] RPG
39/14 [360] RPG

09/10 [PS3] Racing
11/__ [PS3] Golf
13/06 [PS3] Action Adventure
24/27 [PS3] FPS
28/28 [PS3] Racing
29/__ [PS3] Combat

Kildace said:
MySims is a casual game, Tiger Woods Wii benefited from Wii Sports like Wii Tennis would but it is not a "hardcore" game, I'll give you Red Steel but underline that it hasn't been selling at all in the past 5 months even though the Wii has been selling over 350K+ units per month, RRR is minigames.

Why does it matter what type of games they are? If 3rd party create the right software for the Wii then it'll sell. Explain what happened with RE4 then? It's not party or minigames and it sells, using the excuse of it being an old-port just won't cut it.

Top Bottom