• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 35, 2007

Weisheit

Kildace said:
MySims is a casual game, Tiger Woods Wii benefited from Wii Sports like Wii Tennis would but it is not a "hardcore" game, I'll give you Red Steel but underline that it hasn't been selling at all in the past 5 months even though the Wii has been selling over 350K+ units per month, RRR is minigames.
:lol :lol
You people have clearly become desperate, non games don't count, Nintendo games don't count, SE published games don't count, and now casual games don't count, and sports games don't count. Red Steel btw has appeared in the in the top 40 many times over the last 5 months.

E-phonk

Banned
Hey, I even saw people claiming Wii doesn't count in another thread since it's not "next gen" enough in an argument about the X360 being the best selling platform.

Weisheit said:
You people have clearly become desperate, non games don't count, Nintendo games don't count, SE published games don't count, and now casual games don't count, and sports games don't count. Red Steel btw has appeared in the in the top 40 many times over the last 5 months.

You forgot old ports of last gen games don't count either.

Bo130

Kildace said:
Would you mind doing this again but excluding Wii Play since it's bundled with almost every controller sold and does not reflect any consumer demand other than "Oh cool, free stuff"?

I don't think I understand what you want me to do, but if we exclude Wii Play, it'll just be a Top 39, and Wii will be 7 games averaging at spot 15.0. To be honest I don't see any reason for doing so, though.

Kildace

Weisheit said:

Of course they don't fucking count because we already know that they are going to sell. What I am wondering if the third party offerings from major publishers Ninfans keep requesting because of the hardware sales will sell. I am now leaving this thread, I usually keep to 360 / PS3 related threads on GAF and hadn't realised how rabid Wii fans here are, even when confronted with a rational, logical argument. Enjoy your circle-jerk over MySims and Wii Play, sirs.

Aeris130

While we don't have the actual numbers, does any model exist that can be used to infere the difference in units sold regarding how high a title charts?

Say, if spots 1-10 were to represent 40% of total sales or something along those lines. Or does weekly sales vary too much for that?

E-phonk

Banned
Bo,

Would you mind doing this again but excluding games based on existing licenses or franchises since it's co-marketed with almost every tvshow or movie and does not reflect any real gamers demand other than "Oh cool, a game about a tv show/movie"?

Also, take out all the sequels.

Bo130

Aeris130 said:
Say, if spots 1-10 were to represent 40% of total sales or something along those lines. Or does weekly sales vary too much for that?

I'm fairly certain it does.

EDIT: :lol @ E-Phonk. Good one :lol

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Kildace said:
Of course they don't fucking count because we already know that they are going to sell. What I am wondering if the third party offerings from major publishers Ninfans keep requesting because of the hardware sales will sell. I am now leaving this thread, I usually keep to 360 / PS3 related threads on GAF and hadn't realised how rabid Wii fans here are, even when confronted with a rational, logical argument. Enjoy your circle-jerk over MySims and Wii Play, sirs.

Alright budy, give me a list of 3rd party, hardcore offerings that are actually quality products released for the Wii.

Hint, it won't take you long.

mepaco

Kildace said:

Well, what games have come out that would allow us to show anything one way or another. These awesome 3rd party games have to come out before we can prove that they will sell. Duh!

Kildace

mepaco said:
Well, what games have come out that would allow us to show anything one way or another. These awesome 3rd party games have to come out before we can prove that they will sell. Duh!

schuelma said:
Alright budy, give me a list of 3rd party, hardcore offerings that are actually quality products released for the Wii.

Hint, it won't take you long.

Jesus Christ!

My original post in this thread:

The question is will the absolutely huge amount of people that bought Wiis be interested in anything else than party / Nintendo games, this is the only thing that matters in the long run and no one has the answer, yet. Resident Evil 4 is selling well, but then again it's currently the 5th best rated game on Gamerankings and a former Gamecube exclusive and hardly representative of the average 3rd party offering on any console, titles that still sell 600K+ units on the Xbox if they're even decent.

This is exactly what I have been saying and what I'm being mobbed for!

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Kildace said:
Jesus Christ!

Tell me how My Sims, Tiger Woods, and RE4 are "party games".

Just because they don't involve guns doesn't make them party games.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
doicare said:
Wii:
Table Tennis
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Guitar Hero 3
Zack & Wiki
The Simpsons Game
Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga
Super Mario Galaxy
Rayman: Raving Rabbids 2
Need For Speed: ProStreet
NiGHTS: Journey Of Dreams
Mario & Sonic At The Olympic Games
Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles
Manhunt 2
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Geometry Wars: Galaxies
Donky Kong: Bongo Blast
Bully: Scholarship Edition
Tomb Raider: Anniversary

I'm interested in these. What about Ghost Squad, Zelda Crossbow, Forever Blue, Dewy's adventure? Some of these could be released this year. And don't forget the huge amount of titles targeted to wii's younger crowd: My word coach, Asterix, Lucky Luke, Barbie, Cars, Sims 2, High School Musical, Disney Princess... The whole picture should take these into account.

mepaco

Kildace said:
Jesus Christ!

So what do you expect us to say? What point are you trying to prove? It seems like you want us to show that Wii software will sell (especially 3rd parties) but you won't allow us to use the sales of any games that have done well.

Kildace said:
Jesus Christ!

We already gave you examples of third party games that sell, yet to dismiss them with a bunch of excuses. What more do you expect. Why does it matter if a game is hardcore or not? Good casual games are better then shitty hardcore games, it goes both ways.

felipeko

Totalriot said:
That is some nice formating, thank you for the work!
Kildace said:
That sounds like an NPD thread from months ago... :/
RE4 already killed this argument so many times.. And we will need an hardcore game bombing before you guys can call anything....

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Katana_Strikes said:
If you look on the leaderboards, it's says there's a total of 155,000 plus records...

yah that's true... I hope it keeps up, the game definitely deserves all the sales it gets... maybe word of mouth? or maybe sony could put out those damn PSN cards so people could actually buy it, you know the ones who don't want the extra headset, bonus features, etc.

felipeko said:
That sounds like an NPD thread from months ago... :/
RE4 already killed this argument so many times.. And we will need an hardcore game bombing before you guys can call anything....

Ported games don't count! :eek:

Sorry i had an important meeting to attend to, i cme out and saw this and laughed LOUDLY

E-Phonk.......You're in the running for taking AniHawks crown for sarcasm... LOVE IT

doicare

Read your username

Split it up a little

and add on the end these few words..............What you think

Because NO i don't. Your logic is flawed..... wholly flawed. during this time frame regardless of Wii on its own losing one or two games from the top 40. and its top 2 games probably selling more than ALL the PS3's 6 games combined. Wii has been selling something like 25,000 units a week or more, compared with around 6000 or so for the other 2.

I aint making any more comments your way as you're obviously a joke character, or you're fresh of the playground

Arsenal

Jokeropia said:
:lol

This week's chart is probably the best yet for Wii with so many games in top positions. It's not that 360 and PS3 haven't gotten as many games yet (they have), it's just that their games don't sell as well as the Wii games. This applies to the PS3 in particular, just compare the positions of it's recent releases to the positions of Wii's recent releases. (Heavenly Sword debuted at #6 and fell to #13 this week while Super Paper Mario debuted at #3 and climbed to #1 this week, Tiger Woods Wii's fourth week outsold Tiger Woods PS3's first week and is easily the best selling version etc.) Things will only get better for Wii as it overtakes the 360's installed base (I don't think it has happened in the UK yet) and continues to increase it's lead over the PS3.

This is true, but I think it is still impressive at the amount of software that the other systems are moving. The 360 especially - I mean, medal of honor and stranglehold are not exactly big names and yet they were 1/2 last week and still doing decently this week. This software may not have great legs, but it can still make a splash and 3rd parties will continue to pump those type of games out.

The Wii will obviously continue to run away with the console war (and no, I don't think it has passed the 360 yet in UK, although it has to be close). However, all things considered, the other platforms are still doing quite well and they should continue pick up a lot of the PS2 folks. The Wii really is kind of in a different market here so I don't believe it is really going to shut down the other platforms in the same way that the PS2 did last gen.

Arsenal

Xekrn said:
Bioshock doesn't have legs confirmed. Here goes my 3M WW prediction ... :(

This actually surprises me since it seems like it is one of those rare 360 games that does have legs in the US (that other site has it listed as last week's #1 game even after a month on the charts).

farnham

Banned
RE 4 has staying power!!

Weisheit said:
in other words nothing counts

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Arsenal said:
This actually surprises me since it seems like it is one of those rare 360 games that does have legs in the US (that other site has it listed as last week's #1 game even after a month on the charts).

oh please that site is a load of garbage, I remember it stated lair sold somethin like 150,000 it's first week, turned out it only sold 40.

Arsenal

ksamedi said:
I don't want to derail the thread but someone here is claiming that PS3 has a lot of good games coming, i wonder which ones those are because I surely would like to buy a PS3 but I just can't get myself excited about its lineup.

Looks like Lair, Singstar, Uncharted and GT5 demo. If those float your boat, then go for it. I believe the rest are multi-platform games this year.

doicare

marc^o^ said:
I'm interested in these. What about Ghost Squad, Zelda Crossbow, Forever Blue, Dewy's adventure? Some of these could be released this year. And don't forget the huge amount of titles targeted to wii's younger crowd: My word coach, Asterix, Lucky Luke, Barbie, Cars, Sims 2, High School Musical, Disney Princess... The whole picture should take these into account.

Ghost squad maybe could make the list, i dont know if zelda crossbow is coming out in europe this year, i know fovever blue has been delayed till 2008 for america and europe and after dewys adventure bombed in japan i dont think it will do well else where. As for the kids games who knows. I still think my prediction will come true.

Nolan.

DefectiveReject said:
Sorry i had an important meeting to attend to, i cme out and saw this and laughed LOUDLY

E-Phonk.......You're in the running for taking AniHawks crown for sarcasm... LOVE IT

doicare

Read your username

Split it up a little

and add on the end these few words..............What you think

Because NO i don't. Your logic is flawed..... wholly flawed. during this time frame regardless of Wii on its own losing one or two games from the top 40. and its top 2 games probably selling more than ALL the PS3's 6 games combined. Wii has been selling something like 25,000 units a week or more, compared with around 6000 or so for the other 2.

I aint making any more comments your way as you're obviously a joke character, or you're fresh of the playground

I'm just surprised he's picking on the wii this time last time it was how the 360 user base have a ''hive'' mentality (and thats why their games sell) and any game below 8 out of 10 is rubbish.

doicare said:
My point is most games of roughly the same score should sell roughly the same. Most games that score higher than an 8 out of 10 game should sell more and most games that score less should sell less. Most xbox360 exclusives break this rule, anybody can come to their own conclusions why.

iidesuyo

It's like there are two worlds... the Wii/PS2 with rather easy-to-get-into low budget productions, and X360/PS3 with high budget stuff providing maximum quality in graphics and sound. Things will get very interesting when the PS3 drops in price, right now it's already selling well regarding how expensive it is.

Btw the amount of crap released on the DS is not funny anymore. I was in a store earlier this day and the majority of "games" were horse farm managers, animal doctor simulations and all that brain training stuff. Is this crap really selling that well?? I really hope the Wii won't go that route (at least not this extreme).

Arsenal said:
Looks like Lair, Singstar, Uncharted and GT5 demo. If those float your boat, then go for it. I believe the rest are multi-platform games this year.

Er, Ratchet & Clank. You heathens. UT3 and Haze if you don't want to wait (or in the former case, don't own a decent PC). And Wipeout, damn it.

Nolan.

iidesuyo said:
It's like there are two worlds... the Wii/PS2 with rather easy-to-get-into low budget productions, and X360/PS3 with high budget stuff providing maximum quality in graphics and sound. Things will get very interesting when the PS3 drops in price, right now it's already selling well regarding how expensive it is.

Btw the amount of crap released on the DS is not funny anymore. I was in a store earlier this day and the majority of "games" were horse farm managers, animal doctor simulations and all that brain training stuff. Is this crap really selling that well?? I really hope the Wii won't go that route (at least not this extreme).

Same here I was trying to get myself some new games for it and got bored weeding through the huge amount of crap.

doicare said:
DefectiveReject
Retard Defense Force: Captain Retard
I think i posted in a thread some while ago, when an idiot has no response otherthan to further publicly display his idiocity, he usually quotes my Tag, which is actually just there as a ruse to draw out all the real retards

doicare said:
DefectiveReject
Retard Defense Force: Captain Retard

You, earlier in this thread:

Instead of posting retarded pictures why dont you try and prove what i have said is wrong.

Okay, now who's the guy who's not bothering to back up his point and giving canned replies instead?

zsidane

Arsenal said:
This is true, but I think it is still impressive at the amount of software that the other systems are moving. The 360 especially - I mean, medal of honor and stranglehold are not exactly big names and yet they were 1/2 last week and still doing decently this week. This software may not have great legs, but it can still make a splash and 3rd parties will continue to pump those type of games out.
I don't think so. especially since you're talking about "name" and not "quality"...

zsidane

Arsenal said:
Haven't played but... Isn't everyone saying that Lair is... you know... crap??
And GT5 Demo?? Buying a console, now, when you know it will drop price later, to play a demo?? Is it kind of a joke I don't get?

acuul

iidesuyo said:

this is automatic if hardware sells milions... fortunately with crap very good games arrive too. I hope Wii will do the same, no one forces us to buy crappy games.

felipeko

First post updated:

Denmark:
TOP 20 PLAYSTATION 2 (FULL PRICE), WEEK ENDING 22 September 2007
01/01 | Shrek The Third (Activision)
02/02 | Singstar Pop Hits (Nordisk Film)
03/05 | Buzz! The Mega Quiz (Nordisk Film)
04/06 | Eye Toy: Play Sports (Nordisk Film)
05/08 | Buzz! Junior: Robojam (Nordisk Film)
06/04 | Madden Nfl 08 (Electronic Arts)
07/07 | Guitar Hero: Rocks The 80s (Activision)
08/10 | Stuntman: Ignition (Thq)
09/13 | Guitar Hero Ii (Activision)
10/11 | Transformers: The Game (Activision)
11/12 | Harry Potter & The Order Of The Phoenix (Electronic Arts)
12/14 | Eye Toy: Play 3 (Nordisk Film)
13/15 | Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (K.e. Media)
14/17 | Medal Of Honor: Vanguard (Electronic Arts)
15/__ | Tiger Woods Pga Tour 08 (Electronic Arts)
16/__ | Tomb Raider: Anniversary (Ubisoft)
17/20 | Pirates Of The Caribbean: At World's End (K.e. Media)
18/__ | Guitar Hero (Activision)
19/__ | Buzz! The Sports Quiz (Nordisk Film)
20/19 | Rogue Galaxy (Nordisk Film)
Source: Chart Track - Click for original formatting

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
11/__ [PS3] Tiger Woods Pga Tour 08 (Electronic Arts)
12/12 [WII] Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree (Nintendo)
13/06 [PS3] Heavenly Sword (Sony Computer Ent.)
14/07 [PC] The Sims 2: Bon Voyage (Electronic Arts)
15/__ [PC] World In Conflict (Vivendi Games)
16/21 [PS2] Transformers: The Game (Activision)
17/17 [NDS] New Super Mario Bros. (Nintendo)
18/16 [WII] Mario Party 8 (Nintendo)
19/__ [PS2] Singstar Rock Ballads (Sony Computer Ent.)
20/38 [NDS] Sonic Rush Adventure (Sega)
21/11 [360] Bioshock (Take 2)
22/20 [NDS] Cooking Mama (505 Games)
23/19 [PS2] Rugby 08 (Electronic Arts)
24/27 [PS3] Resistance: Fall Of Man (Sony Computer Ent.)
25/15 [WII] Boogie (Electronic Arts)
26/22 [NDS] Pokemon Diamond (Nintendo)
27/29 [360] Forza Motorsport 2 (Microsoft)
28/28 [PS3] Motorstorm (Sony Computer Ent.)
29/__ [PS3] Warhawk (Sony Computer Ent.)
30/13 [PC] Medal Of Honor: Airborne (Electronic Arts)
31/18 [360] Tiger Woods Pga Tour 08 (Electronic Arts)
32/26 [NDS] Pokemon Pearl (Nintendo)
33/24 [PS2] Stuntman: Ignition (Thq)
34/31 [WII] Resident Evil 4 (Capcom)
35/35 [PSP] Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories (Take 2)
36/23 [PS2] Tiger Woods Pga Tour 08 (Electronic Arts)
37/33 [360] Blue Dragon (Microsoft)
38/25 [NDS] Worms: Open Warfare 2 (Thq)
39/14 [360] Two Worlds (South Peak Games)
40/30 [PC] Medieval Ii: Total War - Kingdoms (Sega)
Look at the chart now!
360 = 5
PS3 = 5
PS2 = 5
PC = 4
Wii = 4

Wii is getting its ass kicked by everything. If this keeps up there won't be any room left in the Top 10 and I'll have to change the data I post to make my point.

doicare said:
That has got to be one of the most retarded posts i have ever seen. If their are less ps2 games being released then other games being released have to take their place, more 360 and ps3 games are taking their place instead of wii games, so what's your point?
Cutting off at an arbitrary point (here 40) always skews the view of the total. If we were to take some week and remove a few PS2 titles, that would free up spots to be filled by something at the bottom of the chart, which would change the ratios of games present between other systems. In reality, though, nothing would have changed other than fewer PS2 games.

Is something like that the case here? *shrug* Data is insufficient to back up some sort of PS360 momentum relative to Wii in software sales.

Jammy

Banned
You know, it's quite funny that when it comes to Wii and its software sales, Square-Enix games don't count, casual games don't count, non-games don't count, and Nintendo games don't count.

When I look at PS3 game sales when they aren't shit and actually sell high enough to chart, I see nothing but Sony first party titles *gasp* and sports!

Why are people so quick to dismiss sales of Super Paper Mario but praise those of Heavenly Sword, a game which didn't come close to expectations?

Why ignore the strength of sales that Tiger Woods on Wii has had? In its fourth week it sold more than the PS3 version did in its first. That's very impressive. So why are we acting like the Wii version doesn't count but the PS3 one does?

Arsenal

msdstc said:
oh please that site is a load of garbage, I remember it stated lair sold somethin like 150,000 it's first week, turned out it only sold 40.

Yeah, gotta take it with a grain of salt to be sure, especially on new releases. Usually it is fairly accurate for trend type data though. I'd never use it for solid numbers, but I think it is accurate to say that Bioshock is still selling very well in the US.

Jammy said:
You know, it's quite funny that when it comes to Wii and its software sales, Square-Enix games don't count, casual games don't count, non-games don't count, and Nintendo games don't count.

When I look at PS3 game sales when they aren't shit and actually sell high enough to chart, I see nothing but Sony first party titles *gasp* and sports!

Why are people so quick to dismiss sales of Super Paper Mario but praise those of Heavenly Sword, a game which didn't come close to expectations?

Why ignore the strength of sales that Tiger Woods on Wii has had? In its fourth week it sold more than the PS3 version did in its first. That's very impressive. So why are we acting like the Wii version doesn't count but the PS3 one does?

Because third party don't sell on the Wii.

JJConrad

Sucks at viral marketing
I'm kind of surprised that this thread turned against the Wii. I was expecting another duke-out between the PS3 and 360.

Afterall, only a numb-nuts would try to dispute the Wii dominance in this chart. Especially, knowing that Zelda, Red Steel, Rayman, and Sonic all periodically pop back ino the charts, meaning that all of these titles are hovering just outside the Top 40. So what victory is it to have a bunch of new releases barely outselling a bunch of Wii launch titles?

The reasons this fight should be between the 360 and PS3 are:
1. I find that more entertaining.
2. It's only been 6 month and the PS3 is selling comparible software to the 360.
3. Even though the 360 is working off of Halo 3 hype, a price-drop, the elite, and Bioshock but the PS3 still keeps up.
4. It shouldn't be long before the PS3 overtakes the 360.....whoowoowoowoowooo!
5. The real battle is for 2nd place. That's what matters most.

Top Bottom