• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 36, 2017

Ashtar

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle < 7,000 (-69%)
Dang smh my sells projection was waaaay off m+r = flop city
Kind of strange that D2 a much softer launch, anyone remember how much lower wd2 was? I feel like it was around 60%
This gen in general sequels such as tf2, wd2, dishonored 2, de: md have all underperformed. I wonder if shadow of war will continue the trend

Zedark

Dang smh my sells projection was waaaay off m+r = flop city
Kind of strange that D2 a much softer launch, anyone remember how much lower wd2 was? I feel like it was around 60%
This gen in general sequels such as tf2, wd2, dishonored 2, de: md have all underperformed. I wonder if shadow of war will continue the trend
What were your predictions? It between 20k and 30k in UK right now.

stryke

Expected sales for a game with an original title that bombed critically, and a woefully unappealing aesthetic. It's a shame because underneath all of that, Knack 2 is a good, polished game.

The character design of Knack came from all the wrong reasons. i.e a tech demo

Kill3r7

Why are people buying Ark.. for gods sakes people :/ have some standards

You do know that Ark already has sold a few million copies on consoles both on X1 and PS4 and for months on end made the Top20 digital charts.

While true, digital won't completely recover those sales, you do have to factor in that the PC release was delayed as well.

Weaker retail sales with stronger digital and delayed release on a major digital platform will make this launch look weak.

Also something different, I wonder if we get anything on hardware sales for the week. Was fun seeing somewhat weekly updates for hardware increases last year.

Yep but I do wonder where those 360 and PS3 folks went?

Kazuhira

Surprised to see Dishonored 2 and Doom still in UK's top ten.
And Prey being #4 in Germany,keep fighting the good fight german bros.

xrnzaaas

Surprised to see Dishonored 2 and Doom still in UK's top ten.
And Prey being #4 in Germany,keep fighting the good fight german bros.

Bundles, not "voluntary" purchases. ;)

But yeah, the more people play these games the better. I wouldn't want Prey or Dishonored IP's to be abandoned for good.

Nice to see UC: TLL holding onto the second spot.

Hopefully the game overall has turned a nice little profit for ND, I'd like to see more story expansions to their games in general.

I still don't get why Sony thought it was a good idea to greenlight that.

Mark Cerny gave an offer that sony can't refused.

ab45ae4e306403e1299219bfd5798842a20fac3997bc17d843cd7ec788fb3dd8.jpg

Oops!

Code:
[Week 36, 2017] 01 (NE) DESTINY 2 (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 175,000 / NEW

PS4 DESTINY 2 (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 101,500
XBO DESTINY 2 (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 73,500

Code:
[Week 37, 2014] 01 (NE) DESTINY (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 417,000 / NEW

PS4 DESTINY (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 192,000
XBO DESTINY (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 150,000
360 DESTINY (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 58,000
PS3 DESTINY (ACTIVISION BLIZZARD) - 17,000
MS spin, we only lost 70k to Sony's 90k from Destiny 1 to 2

ViciousDS

Banned
If you looked at any Amazon chart for example you see that Destiny 2 wasn't doing as good as Destiny 1, never understood how Activision was saying pre-orders were better than the first game...

................PC still exists

Now launch earlier due to lower sales lol!!!

noobie

Banned
Oops!

Code:

Code:

So Bruno UC:LL has done 40K in second week?
and Knack 2 has done 6K first week?

Just verifying

Zedark

I thought it'd sell around 2 million units worldwide, and that it'd oursell arms by year end
Neither of those are out of the question, though. It depends on other launches as well, but I feel the game has a good shot at reaching 2 million LTD.

Hasney

It is one of the best X1 games this gen. I want to see how it performs agains FM7. I would not be surprised if it continued to chart well into next year.

A lot of that will depend on if there's a lot of FM7 bundling happening. FH3 has benefitted hugely by being an almost default pack-in for the XB1S.

Hasney

I would assume FM7 will be bundled with XBX.

Maybe eventually. Dunno, kind of see the XBX doing PS4P thing of not having bundles until later and just keep it as the premium option that comes barebones.

Think the Destiny 2 Pro is the first official bundle?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Bit of Digging through old threads for M&R performance comparisons (if we classify it as an RPG akin to the M&L series):

Mario and Rabbids Wk 1: #~22k
Mario and Luigi: Dream Team Bros wk 1: Over 5.400 (Under 8.865)
Mario and Luigi: Paper Jam: Did not chart, was 5th in 3DS chart during launch week

After 2 weeks, M&R looks like being in a strong position in comparison to the last two Mario RPGs with the same time on market.

Thanks for some context - some people expect a strategy game to put up mainstream AAA numbers just because Mario is involved. Sales are pretty solid for what it is...only the big first party releases performed better.

black070

Thanks for some context - some people expect a strategy game to put up mainstream AAA numbers just because Mario is involved. Sales are pretty solid for what it is...only the big first party releases performed better.

It should be compared to XCOM 2 on PS4/XBO if anything - I'm sure it's outsold them both combined.

Linkura

Oops!

Code:

Code:

jayzd.gif

Mory Dunz

lol every Switch game has a better performance in the other major European countries than in UK this should be familiar by now

UK gets the most attention.

I assume because it comes out first and the press release is detailed and has the most information.
But yea in terms of Switch SW sales, it's a drop in the pan. Definitely can't extrapolate WW sales well.

Launched across Xbox One and PS4, 58% of sales go to Sony's format and 42% to Microsoft's. The original, which was also released on PS3 and Xbox 360, saw Sony's formats account for 51% and Microsoft's formats 49%.

Do we know the split on Destiny 1 just between PS4 & Xbone? To be honest I would have probably expected PS4 to have a larger proportion, but I guess the split between the consoles isn't all that large.

EDIT - never mind, I see the numbers above. Crazy that it sold around half of the previous game (42% including last gen). No way did digital sales make up for that.

EDIT 2 - so it was a 56% PS4/44% Xbone split on Destiny 1 based on current-gen only, and 58% PS4/42% Xbone for Destiny 2.

Expected sales for a game with an original title that bombed critically, and a woefully unappealing aesthetic. It's a shame because underneath all of that, Knack 2 is a good, polished game.

haha nice. totally slipped my notice this post
great. you nearly got me and i thought it's about destiny

RedAssedApe

Banned
haha nice. totally slipped my notice this post
great. you nearly got me and i thought it's about destiny

pretty sure it wasn't a joke post. knack 2 is a GOOD game. unfortunately knack meme is back firing and people think that anything positive people have to say about the game are jokes and immediately discount them. heh

Stefarno

Do we know the split on Destiny 1 just between PS4 & Xbone? To be honest I would have probably expected PS4 to have a larger proportion, but I guess the split between the consoles isn't all that large.

EDIT - never mind, I see the numbers above. Crazy that it sold around half of the previous game (42% including last gen). No way did digital sales make up for that.

EDIT 2 - so it was a 56% PS4/44% Xbone split on Destiny 1 based on current-gen only, and 58% PS4/42% Xbone for Destiny 2.

The split would typically be larger but Bungie made Halo so I imagine there would be more fans on Xbox (the userbase might also lean slightly more towards shooters?) and there were some fantastic Xbox bundles last week - you could get a console, Destiny 2 and 4 other games for under £200. There was the white PS4 Pro Destiny console too, but that was £350.

Top Bottom