• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 38, 2014

Skeff

FIFA 14 sold less because it didn't have a Wii U version... lol

Not joking now but maybe they're selling less due to Legacy editions? (Wii/3DS/Vita). Or are we expecting FIFA 15 to sell more than FIFA 14? (I think the FIFA 13 numbers will be difficult to achieve).

It's probably lower as Fifa is a september launch and I imagine a good number of people waited for November for X1/PS4.

Raist

Banned
The prelude to the all-important Q4 season begins in earnest this week with the ‘FIFA 15’ onslaught.

EA’s latest FIFA is the 21st in the main series, dating back to 1993 with FIFA International Soccer on Sega’s Megadrive (list excludes World Cup/Street/Management spinoffs). ‘FIFA 15’ accounts for 80% of all entertainment software units this week and a whopping 87% of revenue. Unlike last year, ‘FIFA 15’ debuts on 8 formats simulataneously - there are no more PS2/PSP versions this year and the later PS4/XO releases from ‘FIFA 14’ now arrive alongside all other versions.

Consequently, GfK Chart-Track total UK market estimates are that ‘FIFA 15’ is +15% units / +23% revenue over ‘FIFA 14’ (weeks 39 compared). If you align all the week 1 sales, so adding in week47/2013 PS4/XO sales (both Gen 8 versions launched in that week) then ‘FIFA 15’ is actually around the same in units and +6% in revenue. Finally, ‘FIFA 15’ Gen 8 versions (PS4/XO) account for 54% of sales units, with Gen 7 (360/PS3) holding a still considerable 45%. There were a few other new releases this week but the only one to make the Top 40 is Nintendo’s 3DS RPG adventure ‘Fantasy Life’ at No8 which is developed by Level 5, best known for the Professor Layton series.

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110032

FIFA
FIFA
FIFA
FIFA
DESTINY
DESTINY
DESTINY

edit: FIFA PC+WII+3DS+PSV = 1% lolz.

Majmun

Ps4 version of Fifa 15 outselling the X360 version is pretty crazy...

Ps4 has become the new multiplatform console, it seems.

Very surprising to see FIFA 360 over the XBone in the first week.

Ps4 version of Fifa 15 outselling the X360 version is pretty crazy...

Ps4 has become the new multiplatform console, it seems.

I think that was expected. But not for the XBone, at least personally.

Orgen

It's probably lower as Fifa is a september launch and I imagine a good number of people waited for November for X1/PS4.

Good call! Didn't think about it... now this week numbers make sense (almost a million?)

And yep, the legacy editions sold like crap ;D (I still think that a Legacy edition for Wii U would make better numbers than other legacy versions).

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Just noticed they didn't give the third week drop for Destiny. ;_;

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Disney Infinity 2.0 bombed pretty hard

Just saw the chart, and I think you are right :\
wasn't expecting this, with Avengers as frontline...

Strange to see Vita version of Fifa15 doing so poorly, usually Playstation Portable brand was strong with such games...

SmokyDave

Not all that surprising seeing PS4 at the top of the FIFA tree. It definitely seems to be the console of choice for most people.

FIFA 15 on Vita charted at 18th. FIFA 14 on Vita also charted at 18th on release week. Weird.

FIFA 15 3DS is nowhere to be seen. Interestingly, Chart-Track seem to have reduced the 3DS top 10 to a top 5 (like the Wii and DS).

Good call! Didn't think about it... now this week numbers make sense (almost a million?)

And yep, the legacy editions sold like crap ;D (I still think that a Legacy edition for Wii U would make better numbers than other legacy versions).

I don't think it would be worth making a legacy version for Wii U. You can see on these boards how much Wii U owners moan about getting inferior versions of 3rd party games. I think EA have made the right call.

Azzawon

The main reason I'm not surpised about FIFA 15 on 360 not being on top is because of the sheer lack of stock. I was in three shops that stock games in Sheffield city centre yesterday and people came streaming in and out of them asking for FIFA 15 on 360, only to be turned away.

hagege_s

Banned
Microsoft must be really upset with theses results. They put a lot of money to have the bundle (+ advertising) I guess.

Kysen

The main reason I'm not surpised about FIFA 15 on 360 not being on top is because of the sheer lack of stock. I was in three shops that stock games in Sheffield city centre yesterday and people came streaming in and out of both asking for FIFA 15 on 360, only to be turned away.

That's even worse because it means that ea shipped less 360 copies expecting the X1 to pick up the slack

Steroyd

Wow was not expecting the Xbox One version to get beat by the Xbox 360 week 1, granted I do expect the Xbox 360 version to have the longer legs overall.

stryke

Microsoft must be really upset with theses results. They put a lot of money to have the bundle (+ advertising) I guess.

They're not doing too badly. They're keeping up software sales wise with the large 360 install base but they're having difficulty getting them to upgrade to X1.

Majmun

I don't understand why someone would pay for advertising rights for a game such as Fifa anyway. Everybody knows that the franchise will be released on all platforms.

I don't understand why someone would pay for advertising rights for a game such as Fifa anyway. Everybody knows that the franchise will be released on all platforms.

If Sony still had the advertising deal would the software split be even more in favour of PS4?

I see it as MS trying gain some ground in EU with XB1 since FIFA is massive over here.....though it doesn't seem to have worked.

gtj1092

Looks like 360 users aren't moving.

They are. Even if more 360 owners moved on than Ps3 owners that charts would be just the same since there were more 360 owners than Ps3 owners. Your assumption is that they would move on to the Xone.

One4U

Banned

Don't think so. If they don't have the bundle + advertising, the sales figure could be even worse and in favor more to PS4.

kadotsu

Banned
Do we know how long it took for the market share to converge last gen? The 3:2 factor in favor of the PS4 seems to be pretty solid. I think it will stay at this for most of the generation.

hagege_s

Banned
Don't think so. If they don't have the bundle + advertising, the sales figure could be even worse and in favor more to PS4.

Ok but so what ? What does they need to do to be above the PS4 ? Do you think they're like "yeah let's put that ton of money, it will allow us to be not that behind the PS4" ?

Xando

Didnt expect 360 to outsell XB1 to be honest.

Will be interesting to see if PS3 & 360 both outsell XB1 in Germany and France.

Thought the gap would have been closer with PS4 and XBone on FIFA with the advertising and anecdotal evidence but that gap is real and not closing.

Sony just need to match MS with an unofficial CoD bundle and any immediate "threat" of MS gaining momentum there will have been cancelled.

I do now wonder though what impact Halo will have on XBone hardware with that Destiny/Halo combo a few weeks ago. Surely a fair few will have taken advantage of that, lessening the effect of sales in November when the game releases.

Orgen

I don't think it would be worth making a legacy version for Wii U. You can see on these boards how much Wii U owners moan about getting inferior versions of 3rd party games. I think EA have made the right call.

True but being the only football game on the system could compensate this (just like FIFA for the N64).

I'm not saying there's a huge football crowd in the Wii U userbase (there's not) but a legacy edition could bring some benefits to EA (seeing it would be a very low effort taking FIFA 13 Wii U as a template).

Top Bottom