• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAL Charts - Week 38, 2014

True but being the only football game on the system could compensate this (just like FIFA for the N64).

I'm not saying there's a huge football crowd in the Wii U userbase (there's not) but a legacy edition could bring some benefits to EA (seeing it would be a very low effort taking FIFA 13 Wii U as a template).
Poor Pro Evolution...so forgotten even its predecessor ISS is nothing but a distant memory. Then again I don't recall ISS being annualised.

I think for EA there is an opportunity cost of the only way of selling the Wii U legacy crap is to make them cheaper than 360 and PS3 and this might cost a few sales on those platforms. Plus the whole Fifa is about the Ultimate Team Mode these days, something the Wii U lacked (if I'm not mistaken portables are all legacy crap none have that mode).

Thought the gap would have been closer with PS4 and XBone on FIFA with the advertising and anecdotal evidence but that gap is real and not closing.

Sony just need to match MS with an unofficial CoD bundle and any immediate "threat" of MS gaining momentum there will have been cancelled.

I do now wonder though what impact Halo will have on XBone hardware with that Destiny/Halo combo a few weeks ago. Surely a fair few will have taken advantage of that, lessening the effect of sales in November when the game releases.

Dependant on hardware sales this last week, any threat might of already been negated.

Just like madden in the US, there is a large correlation between players of FIFA and Players of COD.

With thousands of destiny players soon desperate for a replacement, plus the FIFA audience looking foe their shooter fix...

I still think COD will have a higher attach rate on XB1, but I think its chance at "turning the tide" is all but gone. Sony might be seeming to lie back on its laurels on here, but after seeing how they went all out at Eurogamer, easily eclipsing Microsofts presence there, im pretty much sure they are not going to give them an inch.

Furthermore, I honestly believe after this hoilday season is over, this generation will be decided.

Orgen

Poor Pro Evolution...so forgotten even its predecessor ISS is nothing but a distant memory. Then again I don't recall ISS being annualised.

I think for EA there is an opportunity cost of the only way of selling the Wii U legacy crap is to make them cheaper than 360 and PS3 and this might cost a few sales on those platforms. Plus the whole Fifa is about the Ultimate Team Mode these days, something the Wii U lacked (if I'm not mistaken portables are all legacy crap none have that mode).

Holy molly, I wanted to say GC brbrbr (yeah, I know there was a Winning Eleven for GC too). IIRC there were 3 ISS games for the N64 (64, 98 and 2000, being 98 the ultimate football game :D).

I don't know anything about the Ultimate Mode but I don't think it'll cost too much for EA to do a re-skin of FIFA 13 with the new players and selling it for 30/40€ to get benefits.

But as always EA has the numbers and projections so if there's no legacy edition for Wii U it should be because there's no opportunity cost for them.

Italy:
01. Destiny (PS4, Activision)
02. Destiny (PS3, Activision)
03. Minecraft (PS3, Sony)
04. Destiny (Xbox One, Activision)
05. Hyrule Warriors (Wii U, Nintendo)
06. Tomodachi Life (3DS, Nintendo)
07. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution D1 Edition (Bandai Namco)
08. Destiny (Xbox 360, Activision)
09. Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS3, Activision)
10. Minecraft (Xbox 360, Microsoft)

http://multiplayer.it/notizie/13822...liane-con-destiny-e-the-sims-4-mattatori.html

Top Bottom