• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[PAL] Recently released box arts (dial-up warning: lots of images)

M3wThr33

Banned
jamesinclair said:
Can someone tell me how Phoenix is allowed to publish?
European anti-monopoly laws or some shit. They had a booth in Kentia Hall at E3. I laughed at it.

Also, Zoocube on PS2? Isn't that a bit LATE?

D-X

B000FB85JC.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Grade D - Must try harder

B000AY970K.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
B000EMG7MY.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

A new publisher by the looks of it, is releasing some Simple 2000 games next month.

B000FI4HBU.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Oneechanbara 2

B000FI9SKU.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Zombie vs. Ambulance

B000FI4HB0.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Earth Defence Force 2

B000FI9SJQ.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The All-Star Fighting Festival

stonedwal

Earth Defence Force 2 \o/

Should check if we're getting it in Australia before I go and order it, but it is only 10 quid.

Vashu

Infernal Monkey said:
A new publisher by the looks of it, is releasing some Simple 2000 games next month.

Cool, those are some funny games. Wonder what they're going to be priced at. :)

stonedwal said:
Earth Defence Force 2 \o/

Should check if we're getting it in Australia before I go and order it, but it is only 10 quid.

Yeah, I'm really hoping they get released here. I know Red Ant and Atari have distributed a few of the other PAL Simple 2000 games by Midas and 505 GameStreet, but they've usually been extremely difficult to track down. =(

Danj

Infernal Monkey said:
Yeah, I'm really hoping they get released here. I know Red Ant and Atari have distributed a few of the other PAL Simple 2000 games by Midas and 505 GameStreet, but they've usually been extremely difficult to track down. =(

I looked up some of the games listed above on the PEGI website and found that apparently D3 Publisher now have a European branch.

aku:jiki

McBacon said:
All-Star like Bikini-San, Dude in a Alien Suit, Ol' Leopard Hat, Pumpkin-Saw and Tiny "Vice City Rip Off Guy" Toni
Well, they're "All-Star" to Simple 2000 fans. The characters are all from various Simple games. Releasing it in a region that hasn't seen half of the games it's based on seems rather pointless, though.

Vashu

Lé Blade Runner said:
The most horrible thing is, that some of the box-arts within this thread surpass the Mega-Man 2 masterpiece by a mile ( in terms of ugliness ).

Well, thing is, they're not trying to be more than they are. Simple 2000 games are cheesy, funny and quirky games. The boxarts manage to give off the same feeling, which help it a lot more than you would expect.

Rlan

Why even bother giving Spac Invaders a new game? They did it with the DS too - who the hell is going to buy a new Space Invaders? Just give us a portable Taito Legends already :lol

Rlan

Street golf? :lol Sounds interesting. If it's even half good, I might pick it up for hilarity sake.

Got prices for this stuff? I'm surprisingly interested in getting Brick 'em all.

Any idea how many copies 505 sell of their stuff? They publish so much stuff [regardless on whether it's crap or not]

Brick 'em All will probably be full price. :( Even 505's Billiard Action, which was a Simple DS Series game, was full price. No idea how well their stuff sells, I think most of it still has a lot of trouble getting distributed. They just keep on pumping them out though!

Lé Blade Runner said:
http://www.tomheroes.com/images/NES%20megaman2%20box.JPG

The most horrible thing is, that some of the box-arts within this thread surpass the Mega-Man 2 masterpiece by a mile ( in terms of ugliness ).

I was scanning the page quickly and thought this was a remake cover or something. Bastard! :lol

Infernal Monkey said:

B000FI4HBU.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Oneechanbara 2

B000FI9SKU.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Zombie vs. Ambulance

B000FI4HB0.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Earth Defence Force 2

B000FI9SJQ.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The All-Star Fighting Festival

COME. TO. AMERICA. NOW. !!

Sony America probably wouldn't allow them. :(

Also, MORE 'Essential Games' have popped up on Amazon to be released the same day as the others. I assume they're Simple 2000 games like the others, but I have no idea what these ones are. Anyone reconize the art or something?

B000FI9SK0.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
B000FI9SKK.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

And other stuff;

B000EGELQ4.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Different Touch Generations logo to the US.

B000E82CPY.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
B000FS1FSS.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B000EDD0AK.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
B000FVA568.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Fruit Machine Mania will be GOTY!

aku:jiki

Infernal Monkey said:
Sony America probably wouldn't allow them. :(

Also, MORE 'Essential Games' have popped up on Amazon to be released the same day as the others. I assume they're Simple 2000 games like the others, but I have no idea what these ones are. Anyone reconize the art or something?

B000FI9SK0.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
That one looks like Simple 2000 Ultimate: Sengoku vs *Something*, I think. Terrible beat 'em up.

Well, it's not officially announced, but that shop is pretty close to Sony. They listed Ace Combat X, Tekken PSP, Xenosaga 2, SingStar Rocks... and other Sony published games long before they were announced. You can trust them. According to them there is even an online mode with up to 8 players.
By the way, does somebody know something about the unannounced SingStar Legends?

MadFuzzy

Guns N' Poops said:
By the way, does somebody know something about the unannounced SingStar Legends?

Not at the moment. Given it's "got a date" of 30th October I'm guessing they'll probably confirm it (if it's happening) in mid to late August once Anthems has come out.

Companies like 505 and Essential Games make me smile from ear to ear. Europe needs shit like this, not just the crap from the big boys.

The NamcoBandai logo ****s all their covers! I really don't like it at all, and it seems they don't have enough corner space for it thanks to the age rate and sony ones ¬¬

Oh, NamcoBandai, when THE HELL will you get an european branch for publishing your own games...

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
The NamcoBandai logo ****s all their covers! I really don't like it at all, and it seems they don't have enough corner space for it thanks to the age rate and sony ones ¬¬

Oh, NamcoBandai, when THE HELL will you get an european branch for publishing your own games...

I remember reading an article 2 years ago on their plans to create an own branch in Europe soon and even establish own european development studios Sega-style. Two years ago they are still relying on SCEE, EA and Nintendo :lol

u_neek

Guns N' Poops said:
I remember reading an article 2 years ago on their plans to create an own branch in Europe soon and even establish own european development studios Sega-style. Two years ago they are still relying on SCEE, EA and Nintendo :lol
Square (Enix) have said that they would start taking the European market more seriously and publish their own games a billion times before as well. And we still get butt****ed by them!

MadFuzzy

Guns N' Poops said:

I think the merger somewhat delayed things. It wouldn't surprise me if they actually sorted something out about publisher status in the next 12-18 months, probably instigated by what was Bandai Europe.

MadFuzzy

u_neek said:
Square (Enix) have said that they would start taking the European market more seriously and publish their own games a billion times before as well. And we still get butt****ed by them!

DQ8 was the first game they self-published (back in April), and I think that KH2 will be the next. It seems that they're no longer going to hawk stuff around to anyone who feels like publishing it anymore (usually Atari, Ubisoft or EA).

u_neek said:

Well, they had a publishing deal with Crave-daughter SVG a couple of years ago, similar to "Square EA" in the US. We got some (aside from the horrible PAL-adaption) well localized PSOne-games like SaGa Frontier 2, FF9 and Vagrant Story in Europe out of it, but afaik the cooperation ended when Crave folded a bit later.

Chaz

u_neek

They still haven't released Front Mission 4, Radiata Stories, Romancing Saga, Fullmetal Alchemist, Grandia III + more :(

MadFuzzy

u_neek said:
They still haven't released Front Mission 4, Radiata Stories, Romancing Saga, Fullmetal Alchemist, Grandia III + more :(

To be honest, I think they're sort of trapped in a vicious circle. They might want to release more, but the hardcore market will always import from the US because localising games for PAL always takes longer (if they're translating them into European languages) and because they don't like PAL conversions (even though they seem to have got it sorted out now from what I saw of DQ8) and largely because they always have, which means lower PAL sales and so they choose not to bring things over. Guess that's a problem when you make a niche type of game.

Of course, if they could localise everything simultaneously, it'd be less of an issue, but we've had this discussion before on GAF, lots of times. :D

Top Bottom