• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paladins Open Beta Thread | PC

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ugh, I got the free chest, but its contents weren't the Emporium one (I got a Mal'Damba voice).

Also why did they switch Payload and Survival locations? I accidentally joined a Survival. :(

So hows the patch?

I would say 'good'. Now you can see champions abilities from the game lobby (pressing K, there is ui text indicating it).

Seris is fun. Maybe she will need a slight nerf.

The balance is going slowly in the right direction. Nerfs for BK, Sha Lin and Lex, small buffs for Inara, Skye and Fernando, Personally I think it's time to start balancing too the legendary cards, I think there are some of them than are better than the others.

Seris is another character design I really am not a fan of. Heavy spam, check. Beam healing, check. Not as bad as mercy. Ult seems balanced at least. There are counters to stealth but dunno why she also gets to be invulnerable during stealth.

I wonder if they're gonna nerf Torvald's ult.

It can be countered by lots of movement abilities, like Makoa's spin, Cassie's roll, Barik's rocket boots, Androxus dash, etc

Seris is another character design I really am not a fan of. Heavy spam, check. Beam healing, check. Not as bad as mercy. Ult seems balanced at least. There are counters to stealth but dunno why she also gets to be invulnerable during stealth.

But I like spamming ^_^. And I find it interesting because the slow movement of the projectile, so it's more used for area denial, or you have to play risky and play close to the enemy. Healing doesn't require skill but they are trying a different healing method with every champion, they already have done skillful ways to heal with Pip and Mal'Damba. In fact every heal is different in the game, if they follow that philosophy it wouldn't be strange to me when they finally use a Mercy-like healing at some point, because they already used up all the rest of ways to heal.

datamage

Does this game still install a \Program Files(x86)\ folder in whichever drive you install the game?

For instance, if you install it on Drive D, vs C? (That drives me bonkers.)

So decided to try this game again after some time, and this is still an issue.

Boss Doggie

Man I still need to get that referral pip costume. Fucking requirements :(

Also reached level 30 a few days ago, feels good.

Ughh I don't like the eyes.

7DbUk6z.jpg

New map looks good

This new fairy character seems annoying to play against, from a gameplay perspective. She spawns an anti-healing field where even if you escape it, you can't be healed for 2 seconds?! That sounds...really damn strong.

Otherwise, I do like the idea of playing her. She has an extremely strong AOE presence, and I appreciate that as somebody who likes characters with explosives.

I do have to agree that she has an ugly aesthetic. That said, I think she has great potential for alternate costumes/skins.

New character looks cool.

Map looks okay. I wonder why they haven't had it in the test maps (AFAIK).

I haven't played recently as HOTS has taken up my action slot atm. Also got mad bored of waiting in queues in paladins.

kurahador

Been playing this for few days. Not sure how it compares to OW, but this game is so much fun. I wish the game is more generous with the gem though.

How many days does it take to level up to 30? I'm hoping to get that lava looking skin.

Hows the new character? I haven't given the new patch a spin yet.

It's the type that does great in some maps and not so great in others. Also depends if the enemy gets decent flank players.

She makes a good amount of damage at the end of the game, but it's more focused in an area, over time. Not in burst to a single character, that's why she has problem with some Flank champions like Androxus.

Willo is surprisingly fun, she is rather squishy but her area-damage is great for map control.

She is as ugly as hell, annoying to hear, but fun to play.

Boss Doggie

JUST A PRANK BRO

still can't decide between damage over time card or more damage for seed bomb card

Kadin

So is the Founder's Pack a no-brainer purchase? I have Overwatch and play that with some friends but I figure another game similar might not be a bad idea. Looks pretty good and seems GAF likes it a good bit.

So is the Founder's Pack a no-brainer purchase? I have Overwatch and play that with some friends but I figure another game similar might not be a bad idea. Looks pretty good and seems GAF likes it a good bit.

If​you plan to play more than, say, 25 hours, yeah go ahead.

I played some willo today. No one was instant picker her so I got to play her every time. I think she is pretty fun, and decent. Maybe not meta but this game needs some heavy rebalancing imho so it's not surprising.

I was using her stacking damage card. I didn't think I could hit reliably with the seed bombs and the anti-shield one seemed too niche. Her single shot damage isn't high but her ROF and projectile speed make up for it a bit, and the AOE size seems pretty large.

Her ult is surprisingly decent and I think it charges up very fast to compensate for not really increasing her damage output.

It's really good value.

Never been into these games. (I hate overwatch) but this one is fun to me.

Im Pip support.

Love it.

I'm not into Hero shooters, or free games, but Paladins has proven to be so much fun!
Playing with buddies is a blast!

My Pip is legendary because I actually heal!

New character preview this friday?
17991862_1511887278881454_2796269069409332591_n.jpg

Introducing the heavyweight champion of the Realm! Head into the ring this Friday at 4pm EDT on twitch.tv/paladinsgame.

It's funny, after all the polemic about Essence, it doesn't matter to me.
Because I'm at 380K essence left after playing for 140 hours and unlocking 95% of cards, and at this point I'm playing less and less, so I think I will leave the game, at least for a good time, before depleting my accumulated Essence.

It's funny, after all the polemic about Essence, it doesn't matter to me.
Because I'm at 380K essence left after playing for 140 hours and unlocking 95% of cards, and at this point I'm playing less and less, so I think I will leave the game, at least for a good time, before depleting my accumulated Essence.

The outrage over the essence was surely over done. I'm happy they made some adjustments but people were definitely exaggerating it's impact.

I think the bigger issue of that patch has been the balance issues it has caused.

The Essence issue seemed to me, from the outside at least, to be more about new players having a major disadvantage because of it.

I started playing after the change and after even the adjustment they did to "fix" the change and I've found that I really don't have a lot of essence to spare in unlocking cards for good full builds. I've logged somewhere north of 40 hours and have 11 heroes at level 4 or higher and I'm finding that with the heroes I have left to level to unlock competitive queue, I don't have the essence to unlock cards to play around with builds.

This isn't a terrible problem but it does make it hard for me to pick builds that support solid playstyles. So I'm left with default builds for the most part, which limit my effectiveness, which hinders the speed at which I can level my heroes. I have enough unlocked and built that I have a few go to characters, but I like having my options open so that I can pick according to what my team needs (since so many people tend to just stick to their mains, which tend to be Flanks or DD).

The Essence issue seemed to me, from the outside at least, to be more about new players having a major disadvantage because of it.

I have to disclose full info: I'm not a F2P player, I bought the founder's pack. So I didn't have to pay for every champion, I got almost all the cards of the old champions before the essence system implementation, and founders had 75K extra essence.

It's true that for a new F2P player, now the system isn't exactly ideal.

kurahador

So when does new patch will drop? Because they need to nerf Willo Seedling and Pip movement speed. These 2 in particular is ridiculous. No wonder I keep meeting them.

Also...only 4 Paladins left I didn't level up to 5.

patch notes OB50

OB50-ForumPost-PatchNotes.jpg

http://forums.paladins.com/showthread.php?40366-Open-Beta-50-Patch-Notes-May-12-2017/

Skins
new skin chest

Announcer packs
Players are now able to purchase and equip custom announcer packs that will alter the in game announcements.
Purchase in Store > Items. Equip from Account settings.
Rory
As part of reaching 1 million YouTube subscribers we’re selling this Announcer Pack for 1 Gold!
Bomb King
Evie

Could be neat.

Buck
Reduced Maximum Health from 3000 to 2800.

Didn't know buck needed a nerf, however minor.

Drogoz
Rocket Launcher
This Weapon and its projectiles are now Lag compensated
Salvo
This Ability and its projectiles are now lag compensated
Bug Fix
Will no longer fail to fire the full amount of loaded rockets
Salvo no longer gets interrupted when mounting
Salvo animation bugs fixed (sometimes not playing last shot animation, sometimes not playing other animations from the subsequent shots.
Fire Spit
This ability is now lag Compensated
Cards
Spitfire
Fixed spitfire to stack if hitting multiple players with the same rocket (maybe other issues too… not sure of the behavior on live)
Fixed Drogoz booster refilling twice as much booster fuel as intended through cards.

Not sure about all this lag compensation changes. I think it will primarily impact laggy drogoz but could be a negative to everyone else.

Makoa
Dredge Anchor
Cooldown increased from 9 to 11.
Ancient Rage
Makoa will now gain increased health after 0.3s instead of 0.5s.

Umm, yeah finally a nerf to hook

Seris
Restore Soul
Cooldown decreased from 5s to 4s.
Convergence
Pull delay reduced from 1.5s to 0.5s.

Dunno about this buff to ult

Illusion
Time between Illusion heals increased from 1s to 1.2s.
Dimensional Link
Description corrected to no longer state that Dimensional link clears debuffs on use

Heh, another nerf to ying

Boss Doggie

Did they forget Grohk when it comes to skins?

there was that voodoo set

but yeah there are some champs that are ignored, hell Sha Lin only just got a new skin, and Barik still only has the TF2 item

Ahh ok. Her Q is Rend Soul and the Right Click heal is Restore Soul. Close enough that I could see the mix up if you don't play her often.

I do wonder if her being able to capture/contest while in her F move was intentional, then again Evie and Grohk can with their Fs.

Top Bottom