• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Paladins Open Beta Thread | PC

Pretty sure his ult is unchanged

Originally his ult was a lot harder to land, which justified the 1hk.

Almost every ult has changed over time. Cassie's used to give her damage bonus, they took it away and now it gives movement speed and CC immunity.

Ruckus ult used to be a team wide shield.

Grokh used to be a DPS monster with his lighting storm ult.

Grover used to whirlwind for damage, not healing.

Pip always polymorphed but the mechanics have changed quite a bit.

Evie's ult used to pour out damage as well, not even close to how it is now.

Then why you write things like

when you complain of things that haven't changed in a good while (like hitboxes, or Evie or Drogoz).
Ok, Drogoz has changed: he was nerfed. As Boss Doggie says, I don't think his ult has changed?

And you complain NOW of the hitboxes, after playing for hundreds of hours?

Why isn't even that important. Hitboxes are a longstanding issue, exacerbated by poor server issues and wide projectile weapons like zhin. The fact that I played despite the issue doesn't change it being an issue.

As for the ult changing or not, unless you played in closed beta then you wouldn't know would you. I've been playing the game since like patch 9.

Don't see why you take issue with my criticism of the current state of the game and the direction it has been going. I think they're so focused on getting champs and other things take a back seat. The game is still in beta, don't see why criticism is a bad thing at all. Things can easily change. In fact, with the way this game has developed over time, there is a chance of anything happening.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Last I remembered Cassie had no buff at all, just Scout. Was the damage buff pre-OB? And how was it harder to land? I played since it came out in Steam and his Ult never felt different.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I see the game is up to 28 characters, have they said how many they want before they leave early access?

As for hitboxes, they're absurdly overdone. And this has been a community criticism for years now. OW had the same thing and they changed it based on community feedback. Hirez should follow suit. They don't need to be CSGO levels of course. There is a place where it's not super twitchy and where skill shots actually require you to aim..
I can see this being a problem on PC (I didn't have a problem with it) but I really like the big hitboxes and easy aiming on consoles. Makes it more tactical/team-composition than pure skill. On the other side, my mains are Grover, Torvald and Fernando so no aiming skill required, lol.

Last I remembered Cassie had no buff at all, just Scout. Was the damage buff pre-OB? And how was it harder to land? I played since it came out in Steam and his Ult never felt different.

She had damage and reveal in cb. Then later switched to reveal and CC immunity. Within the last few patches they gave her speed buff on top of CC immunity.
I can see this being a problem on PC (I didn't have a problem with it) but I really like the big hitboxes and easy aiming on consoles. Makes it more tactical/team-composition than pure skill. On the other side, my mains are Grover, Torvald and Fernando so no aiming skill required, lol.

It doesn't ruin the game, which is why I still play it. If it was that bad I'd be out. It could be better though.

I think they said they'll stop focusing on characters and focus on other areas of the game that need it once they hit 30. So I don't expect them to leave OB once they hit 30, just to stop churning them out every few weeks.

For about a month (ending july 15) you can copy your PC progress to a console account.

https://www.paladins.com/pc-to-console-account-copy-now-live/

Thinking maybe I should "sell" my link because I don't own either console and likely never will.

I have founder's pack, so all champs + exclusive skins from that. 90% cards unlocked with 500k essence to craft the rest if desired (and many champs to come).

If someone is interested in a deal, PM me.

Sulik2

I'm still really liking this game, but for the love of God how have they not implemented overwatch style callouts for missing roles like tank and support? Team comp in random play is beyond awful in this game and this is something that would really help. It seems to work in overwatch.

NeoRaider

I am having great games with Willo. She is just so good. Many players judge her by her look because she is tiny, lol.

But her DMG... o_O
I am almost always best DMG with her. And she is so much fun.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I hope the founders pack is 50% off again in the steam summwr sale, ill definitely pick it up this time.

I got around to playing zhin. He is better designed than expected. My opinion on his otk legendary card ult remains the same though. And his primary attack is as easy as I thought it would be, although the cadence of attacks takes a round or two to get used to.

I had some weird things happening though. I used whirlwind on a shalin and he apparently hit me with knockback and after I passed through him I got stunned on the wall behind him despite the fact he was looking the other way. Probably a bug.

Another oddity was getting hit several times through billow, even during the replay billow had been activated and was fogged out. Once died to an ult in billow.

Seems a bit buggy but moderately fun character.

NeoRaider

Is there any other way to get crystals in this game, except logging in to game daily and getting few crystals on 6th and 7th day?

I would like to buy few skins but i am not spending real money on crystals and what they give is really... not much.

Is there any other way to get crystals in this game, except logging in to game daily and getting few crystals on 6th and 7th day?

I would like to buy few skins but i am not spending real money on crystals and what they give is really... not much.

Nope. Log in daily and cash is the only surefire way. Outside of that, look for giveaways. Paladins official twitch channel often has streamers who have crystal gveaways (200 to 400 a ppop, always by chance). Sometimes there are straight cosmetics giveaways or chest giveaways as well.

That's it.

They do have crystal giveaways, usually on a random weekend. It's maybe 50 per day on those weekends.

clemenx

Banned
How has this game developed? I stopped playing by the time Lex came out. Any noticeable improvements? I really liked the game but started to feel stale character wise. I didn't really like any new champion release since Tyra.

How has this game developed? I stopped playing by the time Lex came out. Any noticeable improvements? I really liked the game but started to feel stale character wise. I didn't really like any new champion release since Tyra.

Hard for me to say. I like Lex though. There has been seris (support), ash (tank), zhin (flank), and willow (damage) since then. So chances are you'll like one of those.

I think they really need new maps to be finished more than new champs at this point. And tune the current cast of champs.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Paladins/comments/6j3j7h/ob53_patch_notes_and_megathread/

Cassie projectile speed buff

Evie projectile speed buff, but no more blink damage

fernando range buff, smaller cone

grohk range buff

grover projectile speed buff, reduced damage scaling
+CC immunity during ult

ash range buff

barik damage buff

Makoa projectile speed buff

maldamba projectile speed buff

torvald range buff

zhin billow instant and can jump

pip projectile speed buff

maeve projectile drop reduced

willo projectile speed buff

Notable:
No buffs for drogoz

edit:
I see some people crying about some of the changes not even realizing most of them are net buffs.

It looks solid to me.

Boss Doggie

YES ASH RANGE BUFF

been really annoyed as to why her balls don't go far

EDIT: that Skye Preparation nerf, welp RIP preparation build

Very interesting patch...projectile speeds increased across the board, it looks like. I'll be excited to see how it feels in action, particularly for Evie--'love that gal.

I played 1 game on PTS. My impression was the evie shots are too fast. The cassie shot speed increase didn't feel that big of a deal. Take it with a grain of salt though as it was only 1 game and I didn't really even get to get used to anything during it. Cassie will feel different on a larger map I think, where longer range combat is a bigger thing.

NeoRaider

Unlocked almost all the heroes just by playing few matches daily. I am only missing 3 or 4 i think.

Also Torvald... is a BEAST!

Dunlop

Just realized I could by the founders pack on the PC at 50% cheaper than the PS4 and then just link to my PSN account lol

NeoRaider

Omg Seris!! I discovered her today. What a Queen!! She is definitely in my TOP 3! Great character overall, impressive kit.

I love that she has great healing ability but also can do a lot of DMG. She is amazing and so much fun to play.

Dunlop

I'm really finding the matches to be way too long.

Should be like best out of 5 ect. Played a match where we were up 4/5 then lost 5 straight (people afk).

Dunlop

Just realized I could by the founders pack on the PC at 50% cheaper than the PS4 and then just link to my PSN account lol

In case anyone was wondering, this works better than expected

I saved $10 on the founders pack upgrading in Steam instead of the PS4

When you copy your HiRez profile to your PSN account it adds to what you already had instead of overwriting (i.e my champions are still at what I leveled them on in PSN) at top of giving some extra loot for doing the process.

There are some stuff like crystals it does not copy over so if you plan on doing this look at the FAQ first

selo

OP should catch a mod here and ask to update the thread title to remove "PC" as it is now on all platforms

Yeah, agreed.

Hmm, not sure how I feel about the upcoming patch. Skye for sure is going to be a lot weaker now, requiriing her to do the actual killing to get the card cooldown.

As far as Evie goes, the projectile speed and bonus removal kind of makes sense, but then again I think this will make wormhole not as necessary and maybe now the good legendary will be ice healing, I'll have to test and see :eek:

Dunlop

Yeah, agreed.

Hmm, not sure how I feel about the upcoming patch. Skye for sure is going to be a lot weaker now, requiriing her to do the actual killing to get the card cooldown.

As far as Evie goes, the projectile speed and bonus removal kind of makes sense, but then again I think this will make wormhole not as necessary and maybe now the good legendary will be ice healing, I'll have to test and see :eek:

Been focusing on picking a support character so trying them all out, I have not played Skye but 8/10 of my deaths are from people playing her lol

I'd imagine sky is strong because it's difficult to 180 turn and melt her. There are some natural counters though, including the illuminate item to increase reveal distance. One is Ruckus' repusler which reveals all targets hit. You can increase that range with cards too.

NeoRaider

Had to play few more games today so i can get enough coins just to unlock Seris. And i did it!!! Yay.

Not sure why some characters are 7.5k and others are 4/5k but oh well...

Only 2 or 3 left to unlock.

Just had a game as seris that was so boring I just decided to stop playing for now. Dunno how anyone can stand to play that character. The hardest part is making sure a teammate doesn't block you from healing another teammate. With the right build you heal, reload, and heal yourself with your heal beam. So in between heals you just spam your weapon, no need to reload even.

Had to play few more games today so i can get enough coins just to unlock Seris. And i did it!!! Yay.

Based on their released dates I believe. Seris was released like 3-4 characters ago.

Dunlop

I purchased the founders pack... And still play almost exclusively with Seris lol.

Now that I have all of the characters is gold only to purchase chests?

Boss Doggie

Ash's projectiles can finally hit a flying Drogoz

I don't get what they meant by Meave's daggers having fallout, does it mean the daggers now arc faster?

Since there are calls to make this the multiplatform thread I might as well post here.

Got my platinum trophy the other day, had a great time getting it.

When I started I was maining Victor but after unlocking Skyes 100% cooldown after a kill perk she has been my main choice. If things go well you can just pop in and out of camouflage and killing people left and right. Of course you occasionally get caught but on the whole its great.

Enjoying the new game mode, survival was always my least favourite mode and not having to wait around for your whole team to die/live makes it more fun to play.

The only annoying thing for me is the competitive mode, it just takes so damn long to get into a game. You end up spending up to 3-4 minutes worst case waiting for a match and then everyone to press X. You then have to hope you got a high enough position so you can hopefully get to pick the character you want instead of one of your backups. Most frustrating though is the sheer amount of people who either don’t pick a character or only press X once and so you have to wait for the 30 second time limit to run out before the next person can choose their character. Just pick a character and press the button you fuck, I don’t want to have to wait around for ages because of you.

Otherwise I still love this game, put in nearly 5 days according the game and even though I recently bought For Honor, Dangonronpa 1&2 remastered I keep finding myself going back to Paladins.

Also shout out to “Woo Hoo”, its my favourite taunt, especially in the default narrator, I always like following up someone saying “Have fun” with “Woo Hoo”. Never fials to make me smile :

NeoRaider

I was playing few matches yesterday and game was a mess.

Audio issues, lag... i wasn't getting XP two times for 2 characters. I got loot chest and continued playing, i was like "i will open it later", but then it just disappeared! XD
I also didn't get 300 coins for 2nd win of the day. I got for the first win, but for 2nd i didn't...

I know that game is still in EA, but i just don't understand how these things happen to them after all this time game is playable and in "open beta". And it looks like it's always worse after the patches.

selo

I was playing few matches yesterday and game was a mess.

Audio issues, lag... i wasn't getting XP two times for 2 characters. I got loot chest and continued playing, i was like "i will open it later", but then it just disappeared! XD
I also didn't get 300 coins for 2nd win of the day. I got for the first win, but for 2nd i didn't...

I know that game is still in EA, but i just don't understand how these things happen to them after all this time game is playable and in "open beta". And it looks like it's always worse after the patches.

Its usually like that after patch day. Its as if they don't have a proper QA department or something, they break stuff that's working constantly. They need proper QA processes in their rollout. I think they've released like 3 hotfixes for the new patch already

NeoRaider

Seris is sooooo good. Seriously, i feel like she is too good, lol.
Absolutely love everything about her.

My favorites rn. are:

1. Seris
2. Willo
3. Skye/Maeve

NeoRaider

fqhndol.png

After just one month of playing few matches daily.
And that wasn't even hard or frustrating at all, never felt unfair. Actually it was pretty fun unlocking and discovering all the champions.

Theorry

Played it quite alot today on Xbox One. It was oke. Not a bad game. But you have the feeling that you are playing a poor mans Overwatch tho. Guess thats the free to play aspect abit of it. Found the whole menu's and etc also pretty confusing. With different currencies etc. Also alot of bad players also. But i guess thats the F2P thing again with alot of people trying it. But overall the game is oke.

Played it quite alot today on Xbox One. It was oke. Not a bad game. But you have the feeling that you are playing a poor mans Overwatch tho. Guess thats the free to play aspect abit of it. Found the whole menu's and etc also pretty confusing. With different currencies etc. Also alot of bad players also. But i guess thats the F2P thing again with alot of people trying it. But overall the game is oke.

The first five levels you play against bots ;)

Espada

Seris is sooooo good. Seriously, i feel like she is too good, lol.
Absolutely love everything about her.

My favorites rn. are:

1. Seris
2. Willo
3. Skye/Maeve

Yup, I love playing as Seris. I've gotten so good as her that I've had entire goddamn teams collapse on me in multiple matches because of it. For me it's a must to get the casting speed and movement boost buffs for stealth, because of said situations.

Beyond Seris, I've been getting better with Tyra. My next highest level character is Fernando, simply because randoms seem to avoid front-line characters like the plague.

Top Bottom