• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile Beta Thread: There Is No Sanctuary in Wraeclast

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Come the fuck onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Going really slow, currently level 10 and only at brutus (lol). Going to make some kind of caster templar, still have no idea what spell I'm going to use.

bumclot

:( disconnected.. and it wont let me back in.... and my character is gone... >.<

o_O Servers down for me too. Really hope I didn't lose my progress! Their website is super slow too.

EDIT: aaaaand it's down for maintenance lol. Good to see this getting a lot of attention. It's really scratching my D2 itch.

Ploid 3.0

A extra good thing about POE vs Diablo 3, I can post on their forums. Battlenet wouldn't let me post or send myself the parental email to allow myself to post. I would have loved to talk about D3 which I like doing more than playing it.

I'm loving the currency in this game. I can farm for the things that I need or trade those magical goodies in for stuff at a NPC. Passing up the chance to make something awesome with said currency.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
asdsadasdasdasdasdasdas

Yoshichan

Back in! haha noobs!

hey is Fork any good? I'm choosing between it and faster projectiles. I know faster projs was gg back in the day. Fork is a new skill

docbon

I'll take it off your hands - not sure if I have anything you'd need... I also don't know what the currency is :(

Poeex.info has a list of the currency objects used in path of exile, as well as their exchange rates. It'll take a wee bit of getting used to if you aren't used to this kind of trading.

edit: Wallach, you on mumble?

double edit: lololol vvvvvvvvvv lololol

Perkel

Banned
worst launch ever, GGG was unprepared, they don't know what they're doing, how could they do this etc etc etc etc etc

Sarcasm ?
Beside longer download, game is butter smooth with no lag and so far one 5 minute crash.

I think it is amazing considering they are 15 people team and from looks 100-200k people are now playing game.

Wallach

Poeex.info has a list of the currency objects used in path of exile, as well as their exchange rates. It'll take a wee bit of getting used to if you aren't used to this kind of trading.

edit: Wallach, you on mumble?

I jumped in there just now, but I can't actually stay on a whole lot longer today.

I was gonna do the hc tank build...but decided to go with Ground Slam instead.
Sarcasm ?

yes
trollxi.png

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
My latency is awful now, it keeps spiking from 50ms to up to 700-800ms.

Really hard trying to melee, I keep whiffing my attacks.

V_Arnold

Man, after losing a halfway through Ledge and being put back to Lower Submerged Cave, I am basically sprinting towards waypoints like I am sprinting towards Life itself! :D

I just want it to finish downloading to see if I can reserve some names ;_;

At 62.5% now though.

You should have probably PM'd CB members what names you wanted to reserve. We could have coordinated and deleted the char the moment you created it.

I'm so jelly. I can't play till like 12 hours later since I'm still at work. I scheduled a task to auto update. Turns out the game downloads the update to C (full) when I symlinked the game to D, so the update failed when I woke up. Then tomorrow I get my hands on DmC. I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO PLAY

3 more hours and I can join the party. Overall it seems like a pretty smooth launch day, relative to other online game launches last year. GGG could have saved a heap of bandwidth if they just made an official OB torrent though.

Yoshichan

Time for act 3 O_O

Mims

Hate my life visiting family and staying at a hotel with the worst Internet. Downloading at 50k a second. I had better Internet in Afghanistan. Only good side is all be tethering from my phone to play which was pretty good last night with no latency problems.

KPJZKC

Noob question guys - am in the lower subterranean passage and there's a gold diamond on my tab map - but at the location, there's nothing there. What is it?

Yoshichan

So fucking hard... a3 is no joke ._.

Top Bottom