• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile Beta Thread: There Is No Sanctuary in Wraeclast

oneils

I thought Kripp was a Wand-er. Why is he marauder?

I believe he went templar. Also, when he is a low level he tends to rely on heavy hit and sweep/cleave. When he gets the skill gems he needs, and a decent wand, I'm betting he will switch.

oneils

So seriously. Can I not download this at the moment? I can't find a link to it at all on the official page and I know there was one right at the top when I checked it at work earlier today.

Big green button near top right portion of page if you are trying to download the whole client.

If you have the client already, just start it and it will patch on its own.

Big green button near top right portion of page if you are trying to download the whole client.

If you have the client already, just start it and it will patch on its own.
Yeah, I'm not seeing that.

HsOW95f.jpg

I got to the second Act and decided to wait because we had heard the open beta was coming in the summer. SO I've been holding off all this time for Act III. Can't wait!

Too bad it's downloading at a painfully slow speed. Should have downloaded it last week!

This isn't clicking with me, doesn't feel visceral and although I like how most of the core elements seem to gel ... it's not for me.

Oh well, back to other games.

Volodja

Hardcore char got killed by the Prison boss. Got completely wrecked, heh.
I had to dance around him for a bit, and I also hate Marveil, especially on ranged characters.
I hope that 50% cold res will help me ward off death because I'm advancing way slower than I thought I would.

Burt

So, while we've got a few moments here, what level is everyone? I've taken an hour or 2 off and only at 14. Mouze is making me cry. Also, fuck those flicker strike dudes before the allflame as an archer.

Wallach

Yeah, server go boom.

I think I'm level 23 now. Found a unique Crude Bow called Silverbranch, seems nice for the early game. Willing to offload to a GAFer on the cheap if you're looking to start a bow user, could use just about any currency stuffs, or maybe a Grace/Anger/Whirling Blades gem.

tci

Disconnected...

Actually a good thing, since I should have gone to bed a long time ago.

This game is so good.

KPJZKC

Got disconnected, but from what I saw it will scratch the itch diablo 3 failed to. Dual wielding wands just to get two blue gem slots though (level 2 :p)

I was just having this long discussion with a dev in game who kept responding to me directly, that felt really cool bros. Finally a good arpg.

Burt

Yeah, server go boom.

I think I'm level 23 now. Found a unique Crude Bow called Silverbranch, seems nice for the early game. Willing to offload to a GAFer on the cheap if you're looking to start a bow user, could use just about any currency stuffs, or maybe a Grace/Anger/Whirling Blades gem.

Ah, when I get back in ill update you on what ive got.

Yeah, server go boom.

I'll take it off your hands - not sure if I have anything you'd need... I also don't know what the currency is :(

V_Arnold

So, while we've got a few moments here, what level is everyone? I've taken an hour or 2 off and only at 14. Mouze is making me cry.

I only got in half an hour ago, especially slow patch loading (50k average, not much more :p), currently have a lv8 or 9 templar, at the ledge.

I am glad I took the time to prepare a little in my head.
I knew I will rely on one-handed maces, ES, a little int and shields.

Well, Shield Charge+Cold Snap+Hammer of the Ancients-clone and glacial hammer actually works so far.

Just one tip for templars out there: use dat diamond flask, before using Shield Charge. You will be pleasantly surprised. Offensive flask, yaay!

Had lots of fun in the hour or so I've had with it.

Edit: Level 5 or so now. Is there a consensus on evasion vs armor vs energy shield? I'm running a Templar right now.

JWong

Banned
I only got in half an hour ago, especially slow patch loading (50k average, not much more :p), currently have a lv8 or 9 templar, at the ledge.

I am glad I took the time to prepare a little in my head.
I knew I will rely on one-handed maces, ES, a little int and shields.

Well, Shield Charge+Cold Snap+Hammer of the Ancients-clone and glacial hammer actually works so far.

Just one tip for templars out there: use dat diamond flask, before using Shield Charge. You will be pleasantly surprised. Offensive flask, yaay!

I thought they disabled diamond flasks.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
lol nice launch, pretty on part with blizard

enjoy ur shit pay2win game u dumbassses while I make real money and spend time with my girlfriend on diablo 3, lolz

Top Bottom