• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile Beta Thread: There Is No Sanctuary in Wraeclast

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Man I have no idea what kind of character I want to make. Trying to make sort of a traditional paladin type, I guess.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Boom!

fEIxGgm.png

JWong

Banned
Definitely not going to fight Hillock in HC. Gotta go home and do that.

Edit: err not Hillock, I mean that ice dude.

TGMIII

Does your character not go back to the default league anymore? Seems like theres no point not to play HC since when you die, all you have to do is just continue on without the bullshit in a standard league...

Most HC players are just going to delete those characters anyway. This way more people will try out HC. Personally I don't really mind it, I think it's a good change to the system since your character gets transferred to a completely different ladder with a completely different set of players.

So who wants to talk builds. I'm planning on running a Wand+shield Templar with the main skills being Freezing pulse (w/ Lesser Multiple Projectiles, Cold Penetration, Reduced Mana) and Decoy Totem. Aura's are Clarity, Purity. Skill build is here

That's all early planning so I still need to tweak it. Anyone have any suggestions?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Got a Lightning Strike +12 Quality :lol

Anything interesting I can do with a bow-wielding Ranger as far as auras and whatnot go?

I'm looking to maximise attack speed and critical strike

Justin

Whoa, last time I played I didn't even know about that. So the higher qualities have stronger effects, I guess?
Yep goes up to 20% quality. You can also use gem cutters prisms to increase quality on gems by 1% per prisem but they are really rare.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
They tweeted out that they were working on deploying out more update servers... maybe they just hit the go button?

Eh, don't know about that...

i05cKzG2TgiMC.png

But ok, it does seem to be slightly faster now, as I briefly get over 100 KB/s more often than I did earlier, but overall it's still absolutely awful.

2 dumb questions.

1) how is coop done? dropin/dropout?

2) are characters stored server side or client side? want to see if i play on two computers with the same character

Burt

Anything interesting I can do with a bow-wielding Ranger as far as auras and whatnot go?

I'm looking to maximise attack speed and critical strike
You can travel up the tree and grab the chaos inoculation keystone, whichll make you immune to chaos damage. Then, use the blood rage aura which increases your attack speed and grants you life leech while constantly dealing chaos to you, which you're immune to. Then go easy a few nodes to pick up chaos reaver and that life leech will refill your energy shield. Or you could just hit as many chaos resist nodes as possible and use the blood rage aura straight up. Other than that, there's not much outside the usual attack speed/energy shield/evasion boosting auras.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Since when does armor effect your move speed? Seems like a neat idea.

So seriously. Can I not download this at the moment? I can't find a link to it at all on the official page and I know there was one right at the top when I checked it at work earlier today.

Top Bottom