• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

Wallach

Better to get it on items/jewelry. You can get the 30 intel node if you can then spec out of it later.

Yeah, it is better to get it on gear, but not something you'll have great agency over early on. Don't hesitate to grab one of the +30 nodes for now, and use an Orb of Regret later to get the point back if you get the gear to cover the requirement.

Yeah I always get int/dex/str nodes while leveling, also resist nodes. I then use some of the free respec from quest rewards to get them back later. It's very useful to fix stuff while leveling, unless you want to start trading right away which I never do. Also necklaces with stats are pretty nice early on, I often use one even if it's not the best necklace I have just for the stats. Can get dex/int on neck and str on belt also.

Dahbomb

Any sugestions on how to level up to leveol 80 quiclkly? I'm currently running T2 maps and its slow going.
Leveling up slows down as your level goes up unless you are doing higher tier maps fast. You should be doing maps that you can clear fast pre 80. It will take more maps but speed wise it would be about the same as attempting a tier 8 map right now for you. Unless you can do that comfortably then by all means do it.

Leveling up slows down as your level goes up unless you are doing higher tier maps fast. You should be doing maps that you can clear fast pre 80. It will take more maps but speed wise it would be about the same as attempting a tier 8 map right now for you. Unless you can do that comfortably then by all means do it.

huh.... I can clear the mobs of T3/T4s quite quickly...should i just skip the bosses then? im getting 2 shotted by T4 bosses (LVL 73)

Wallach

Man I can't find these last two trials for uber labyrinth. About to hit 85 already. I'd stomp the place if I could just get in there.

Cerity

Rolled a new char, quad totem dark pact heiro, pretty damn fun drowning the screen in black. Surprisingly fast clear speed too, I was expecting to have to stand around a bit per mob.

huh.... I can clear the mobs of T3/T4s quite quickly...should i just skip the bosses then? im getting 2 shotted by T4 bosses (LVL 73)

Yeah, it's not worth doing bosses given how little they drop and how easily they can kill you (OFC there are exceptions). Kill the boss the first time to unlock it on the atlas and just move onto clearing the mobs every time after.

If you're killing bosses for loot, roll the map so that you get some rogue exiles spawning, at least they drop jewellery fairly often.

Tom Penny

All my other characters are in standard and I have tons of gear and currency. Is there even anything I can do with it since you can't transfer it to Harbinger?

Zynx

Well, GGG doesn't allow bartering anything from standard for challenge leagues so if you're a player that only plays in the challenge leagues it doesn't do anything for you. But you can play your characters in standard and trade with other players in standard. It's less interesting in standard now since the new patch didn't change the endgame very much but it's still nice to play standard to try out different builds without having to go from zero to endgame all over again.

Rolled a new char, quad totem dark pact heiro, pretty damn fun drowning the screen in black. Surprisingly fast clear speed too, I was expecting to have to stand around a bit per mob.

Yeah, it's not worth doing bosses given how little they drop and how easily they can kill you (OFC there are exceptions). Kill the boss the first time to unlock it on the atlas and just move onto clearing the mobs every time after.

If you're killing bosses for loot, roll the map so that you get some rogue exiles spawning, at least they drop jewellery fairly often.

This actually seems like a really cool build, because totem base life is pretty high. If you +1 it, it's 5.8k, or with Soul Mantle it'll be 5.3k. I think totem life from tree total is 93%? So it'll be around 11.3k life at 21 with no soul mantle, and 12.9k ish with it. Even more with Spire of Stone, though I don't know the optimal amount of life from that.

Add in kikazarus and self flagellation if that still works, and you have an interesting build. (Dunno numbers but since increasing life essentially increases the base damage, scaling should make it great.

Volodja

Even with a 6-link maps slow down quite substantially with RF Totems, to be fair I've yet to get Aspect of Carnage, but Fire Resist enemies are so slow to die.

I'm starting to think that I should just put Flammability back in the Curse on Hit setup and just roll without Enfeeble but the combo of lacking enfeeble and the damage from Aspect of Carnage is a bit scary considering that I'm still rolling with Tabula Rasa.
I may just tie Enfeeble to my Cwdt-Immortal Call setup for emergencies and use Flammabiltiy in the Curse on Hit one for damage output purposes.

Dahbomb

Yeah just skip bosses until you are at a higher power level. Though at this stage you want better gear. Better levels can only take you so far. Even in that case, farming mobs for currency is better. Remember to use the chaos orb recipe (full set of unidentified Rares = 2 chaos).

Xyber

So this is the first time in my almost 350 hours with the game where I have gotten to lvl 85+ and actually done some proper farming. I made about 110c today and now only need about 30 more to buy the amulet I need for my build (and another 40 or so to upgrade it to the The Pandemonius Jade Amulet if I don't want to try and get that item myself).

It is very tempting to buy myself a Belly of the Beast right now though..

Rumor is there is some giant group tanking the exalt prices in SC. I was able to play for a couple hours tonight doing and was able to sell enough stuff to get 3 exalts.

Uberlab sucks today. Incredibly annoying, a good amount of back tracking needed and the zones are really annoying. Only did two runs. But I got two 20q gem boxes and got about 50c worth of stuff out of them.

So I decided to try and chance glorious plates because I found 2 in a map and on my second one I got a Kaom's Heart. This is the first unique I've chanced in years and the 2nd one I've done in about 5 years of playing the game.

I might just make a RF character now.

Wallach

/global 820 in chat and pm when you see someone offer the ones you need. Could take a while but it's how i do it.

Thanks for the tip, I actually wasn't aware of this channel. Was able to fairly quickly get my last two trials out of the way.

Actually cleaned up pretty good today. After getting my last two Ascendancy points, I got a lucky Halcyon drop from a random breach in a Cells map, which allowed me to finally afford my Kaom's Heart. After sorting out my resists again with some jewels I also managed to create a yellow Beachhead map (which was totally not worth it other than being good XP).

Nearly 88 now with no deaths, which I'm pretty happy about considering I started using RF at level 35. Still have a long ways to go though, only at 46/126 on the Atlas, and ~8k health with a lot of missing quality on my gems (though I can't get a ton out of gem quality on RF).

Last league I didn't have quite enough time to farm enough to take down Shaper - only had the one attempt with this build and couldn't finish him off before getting overwhelmed - but I think this league between the extra time and change on Burning Damage Support i should be able to clear out the Atlas.

Yeah just skip bosses until you are at a higher power level. Though at this stage you want better gear. Better levels can only take you so far. Even in that case, farming mobs for currency is better. Remember to use the chaos orb recipe (full set of unidentified Rares = 2 chaos).

Thanks guys, the plan was to use the recipe until ilevel 83 gear starts to drop..then i should be able to craft some decent gear

Dahbomb

Rumor is there is some giant group tanking the exalt prices in SC. I was able to play for a couple hours tonight doing and was able to sell enough stuff to get 3 exalts.

Uberlab sucks today. Incredibly annoying, a good amount of back tracking needed and the zones are really annoying. Only did two runs. But I got two 20q gem boxes and got about 50c worth of stuff out of them.
There's a rumor like this every league.

More likely theory to exalt prices dropping is that there are less reasons to use exalts now (no elreon craft) and supply is higher (exalt shards). Also proper chaos sink this league, Zana Breach mod.

Rufus

Even with a 6-link maps slow down quite substantially with RF Totems, to be fair I've yet to get Aspect of Carnage, but Fire Resist enemies are so slow to die.

I'm starting to think that I should just put Flammability back in the Curse on Hit setup and just roll without Enfeeble but the combo of lacking enfeeble and the damage from Aspect of Carnage is a bit scary considering that I'm still rolling with Tabula Rasa.
I may just tie Enfeeble to my Cwdt-Immortal Call setup for emergencies and use Flammabiltiy in the Curse on Hit one for damage output purposes.
You're not dual-curse? That helps a ton with resistant enemies. That and EE.

So I decided to try and chance glorious plates because I found 2 in a map and on my second one I got a Kaom's Heart. This is the first unique I've chanced in years and the 2nd one I've done in about 5 years of playing the game.

I might just make a RF character now.
Niiice. GZ.

Xyber

Actually cleaned up pretty good today. After getting my last two Ascendancy points, I got a lucky Halcyon drop from a random breach in a Cells map, which allowed me to finally afford my Kaom's Heart.

Lucky bastard, send that luck my way. Takes so long to farm the currency to buy that amulet when the game almost refused to drop higher than tier 7 maps for me.

I get up to 10, get nothing but shit drops and am back at 5-6 within an hour. :p

Volodja

You're not dual-curse? That helps a ton with resistant enemies. That and EE.
I'm not but I started seriously considering it yesterday and at least momentarily dropping Elemental Overload as it procs incredibly rarely and I imagine it will be even rarer if I take off Incrased Critical Hits from my Orb of Storm setup.

To be fair I also rarely proc EE because Lighting trap is so slow to cast and explode, especially in a pack that is moving, it's more of a boss thing for me.

I'll probably go the dual curse route respeccing a few health nodes for the moment as I need 5 points to get the dual setup.

Xyber

50c worth of fusings, not even a single 5-link.

I guess I used up all my luck the last time I played last year when I 6-socketed and 6-linked and item in about 20 tries together.

There's a rumor like this every league.

And I fall for it every league. But I was try to buy some ex last night and every single one from 35-37c was all afk or DND. That an Exalts were 50c a few days ago.

I guess people could be getting to the breach zana mod level and just sinking all of their chaos into it. Don't know but I'm banking on it going back up 10-15c and flipping some exalts.

Rufus

I'm not but I started seriously considering it yesterday and at least momentarily dropping Elemental Overload as it procs incredibly rarely and I imagine it will be even rarer if I take off Incrased Critical Hits from my Orb of Storm setup.

To be fair I also rarely proc EE because Lighting trap is so slow to cast and explode, especially in a pack that is moving, it's more of a boss thing for me.

I'll probably go the dual curse route respeccing a few health nodes for the moment as I need 5 points to get the dual setup.
The 2nd curse and EE boost your damage a lot. I even considered picking up the curse effectiveness nodes near the Scion wheel.

On my second RF totems character I didn't pick up Ancestral Bond, just so I could use Ball Lightning to both curse and EE. I would basically only press two buttons most of the time, then use Orb and Searing Bond on top for beefy rares and bosses. Worked pretty well, with one exception: very mobile bosses and squirrely enemies. SB + Decoy worked, but wasn't ideal, so I carelessly used myself as bait instead...

And I fall for it every league. But I was try to buy some ex last night and every single one from 35-37c was all afk or DND. That an Exalts were 50c a few days ago.

I guess people could be getting to the breach zana mod level and just sinking all of their chaos into it. Don't know but I'm banking on it going back up 10-15c and flipping some exalts.
There's also the new exalt shard that potentially puts more exalts into circulation.

Wallach

Lucky bastard, send that luck my way. Takes so long to farm the currency to buy that amulet when the game almost refused to drop higher than tier 7 maps for me.

I get up to 10, get nothing but shit drops and am back at 5-6 within an hour. :p

I didn't even think anything of it until I checked poe.trade. I'd never seen it before. Was stoked though since it felt like I was so far away from being able to grind out a Kaom's Heart until that dropped.

Volodja

The 2nd curse and EE boost your damage a lot. I even considered picking up the curse effectiveness nodes near the Scion wheel.

On my second RF totems character I didn't pick up Ancestral Bond, just so I could use Ball Lightning to both curse and EE. I would basically only press two buttons most of the time, then use Orb and Searing Bond on top for beefy rares and bosses. Worked pretty well, with one exception: very mobile bosses and squirrely enemies. SB + Decoy worked, but wasn't ideal, so I carelessly used myself as bait instead...
I found a Vaal Lightning Trap so I am set as far as proccing EE goes. I'll probably roll without Enfeeble for a while and spec into dual curse bit by bit.
I'll just have to play a touch more carefully.

I could go without Ancestral Bond I guess but I don't really need to I think and the coverage from the 2 totems helps a lot while mapping, it also opens up the ability to use Searing Bond + RF Totem + Scorching Ray Totem without having to stay stationary.

Damage wise Flammability pretty much gives me the same damage that proccing EO does.

To the person asking about the Uber trials.

Go to global and trade 820 channels. People post trials there all the time. Should be able to find them fairly quickly.

Dahbomb

More likely theory to exalt prices dropping is that there are less reasons to use exalts now (no elreon craft) and supply is higher (exalt shards). Also proper chaos sink this league, Zana Breach mod.
This right here. I already got two Exalts in the game at only lvl77 (one from a breach and 1 from shards).

So what items should I actually be picking up? I'm using that filter that everyone recommended (can't remember name).

The only ones I pick up are the linked RGB for Chromatics, 5-6 slots/links any color, and max slot/link same colors.

You just pay for them to carry you how does it work or do you mean they tell you what maps have them?

At this point most people put them up for free. But I'd tip a chaos or two.

They find them in their maps and post them in chat. Invite you into the map and let you go through it. Most of the time it'll be solved already and you can just run through it and get the completion.

So what items should I actually be picking up? I'm using that filter that everyone recommended (can't remember name).

The only ones I pick up are the linked RGB for Chromatics, 5-6 slots/links any color, and max slot/link same colors.

Right now I'd say all rare jewellery. High armour or evasion based rares. Daggers, Wands, one and two handed axes, and foils. Look for life/Mana and resists on gear. Look for high pdps/edps on weapons.

At this point most people put them up for free. But I'd tip a chaos or two.

They find them in their maps and post them in chat. Invite you into the map and let you go through it. Most of the time it'll be solved already and you can just run through it and get the completion.

Right now I'd say all rare jewellery. High armour or evasion based rares. Daggers, Wands, one and two handed axes, and foils. Look for life/Mana and resists on gear. Look for high pdps/edps on weapons.

What would I do with all the rare jewelry if they're not any better than what I have?

Did the Labyrinth for the first time and reached it's end killing Izaro. Now I seriously need to look into acquiring better gear got some close calls during his fights.

What would I do with all the rare jewelry if they're not any better than what I have?

Look for life, resists, mana, accuracy, flat damage, crit chance and multi. Use poe trade macro to help price.

Man I hate trading sometimes. I obviously made a mistake and put up Sacrifice Sets for 6:1c instead of the 1:6c. A bunch of jackasses tried to call me an asshole for not trading at that ridiculous price.

Top Bottom