• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

In the future, you can generally off color four socket items pretty easily by forcing it down to two sockets with vorici, off coloring those, then craft it back and forth between 2 and 3 sockets until the 3rd socket comes up the color you need. Usually a lot cheaper in the end since you're spending Jewelers to roll one sockets color instead of chromes to roll all of them.

Damnit. I forgot you could do that. I would have saved a few chaos that way. I have about 300 jeweller orbs, too.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
In the future, you can generally off color four socket items pretty easily by forcing it down to two sockets with vorici, off coloring those, then craft it back and forth between 2 and 3 sockets until the 3rd socket comes up the color you need. Usually a lot cheaper in the end since you're spending Jewelers to roll one sockets color instead of chromes to roll all of them.

Wow incredible.

FiraB

Banned
p3xNTj5.png

This happened on my SSF character today. Was just aiming for a 4L chest since I only had 14 fusings and got 6L after 6. :>

Nice I wasted 86 yesterday to get a single 6L, then 48 chrome to get the colors I needed.

Let's not even talk about the other stat rerolls...

Haly

I've heard of fusing spam go into the thousands. Anything less than 100 is a bargain.

Orgun

Spent a couple hours farming in the Temple of Solaris to try and get a Sun divination card, nada. Did however get a very nice chest that was already five linked which was a nice upgrade.

Man this game is so relaxing, I could actually farm for hours just listening to music/podcasts.

Not that you need to farm, I just really want this item :)

Ok, onto Act 6. My zombies are actually melting now. Didn't even notice I was down to 3 (out of 9!).

I'm not really dying that much, but how are my defenses going so far for my Necro Witch? My Chaos resist really sucks. I'm pretty much just stacking ES nodes now. I already have Commander of Darkness. I don't have Purity of Elements so I settled for Lightning.
t0KFaIG.png

Rufus

Don't worry about chaos resist until you're perfecting your gear very late into end-game. The only dangerous chaos damage you'll encounter besides specific bosses (which you should bring an amethyst flask for) are those spike firing snakes, as their attacks are hits and can burst you down if they all fire at once. Most other chaos damage attacks are degens, which can be safely countered with flasks.

Volodja

Ok, onto Act 6. My zombies are actually melting now. Didn't even notice I was down to 3 (out of 9!).

I'm not really dying that much, but how are my defenses going so far for my Necro Witch? My Chaos resist really sucks. I'm pretty much just stacking ES nodes now. I already have Commander of Darkness. I don't have Purity of Elements so I settled for Lightning.
t0KFaIG.png
Your Ele resistances should be capped or at least approaching that, having Fire and Cold res at that level means you are taking more than 3 time as much damage as you should from those types of damage. That's usually priority number one for me, unless my damage is so low I can't kill anything without losing a day and a half.
Your HP+ES pool looks really low as well, even if you intend to switch to CI later on you need to get a few more HP nodes on the way that you can respec later.
At least that would be what I'd say to a HC character.

What Rufus said about Chaos Resistances as well, even though for you it's a bit more dangerous because of the very low HP pool you can play with.

Dual-wielding Sunder build with Multistrike turns this game into Dragon Ball. The lunatics who say PoE got shit combat seriously need to step back.

Dahbomb

Dual-wielding Sunder build with Multistrike turns this game into Dragon Ball. The lunatics who say PoE got shit combat seriously need to step back.
PoE used to feel pretty sluggish back in the day but with general power creep and clear speed meta it has turned into an arcade game now essentially. Feels good man.

Are there any bow builds that are really worth going besides tornado shot?

It's hard to go wrong with most bow skills AFAIK. Barrage is overpowered single target damage, Shrapnel Shot has 100% piercing so it's good for clearing packs of enemies, Ice Shot is overall nice. Rain of Arrows and Blast Rain are AoE bow skills that can cover a large area without needing support gems that lower their damage (unless it's increased area of effect support) but aren't affected by chain/fork/multi. projectiles/etc.

Wallach

So I started my RF Juggernaut again in Harbinger, and this time I set up to level with RF as soon as I could find a way to, rather than waiting until I could equip Rise of the Phoenix.

I think it was around 34 that I was able to switch over. Surprisingly effective actually, even my Slayers who enjoyed a Cauteriser from level 40 (which is one of the most OP lower level uniques in the game IMO) weren't doing much better than this. My only concern is the level range from around like 55-65 where it's going to be hard to switch out some of the lower level uniques allowing me to do this (like Shaper's Seed and Springleaf). Smooth so far though.

Aesthet1c

So, no idea what happened but I just had my account banned.

I've never really played this game until this patch, I made it to level 45 with a tornado shot build. Never interacted with anyone else, never chatted, never traded, didn't use any tools, nothing. Super weird. I guess I'll see if support can give me any more info, but if I can't get my account back I guess I'm done with this game lol...

Furio53

So, no idea what happened but I just had my account banned.

I've never really played this game until this patch, I made it to level 45 with a tornado shot build. Never interacted with anyone else, never chatted, never traded, didn't use any tools, nothing. Super weird. I guess I'll see if support can give me any more info, but if I can't get my account back I guess I'm done with this game lol...

I've seen a few others tak about how they were spamming their potions and got banned. Maybe hat was it? should talk to CS

Aesthet1c

I've seen a few others tak about how they were spamming their potions and got banned. Maybe hat was it? should talk to CS

I don't even think I was doing that. I don't have any macros or anything.

I emailed support, hopefully they get back to me with more info.

Xeteh

One thing that always psychs me out on POE is that there is so much shit I just don't know about nor how to really find out so I get frustrated and stop.

Don't know how best to use my materials. I want to play SSF but I don't think I have the knowledge to do so. Looking up some information and a lot of it seems outdated (not even including 3.0) and it feels like a lot of stuff out there kind of expects you to know what is out there. Hell, even "beginner" friendly builds on the forums seem to completely gloss over things.

Wallach

You need phys mitigation.

Yep. Endurance Charges can help a lot there, as there are often a good amount of adds after the first 10 seconds or so of the fight.

Also have to watch out for certain labyrinth mechanics, some of them give him damage boosts that can make him hit like a freight train.

Xeteh

I keep meaning to ask, is there a way to reset the position of the overlay map? In Diablo 3 you just close and open it and the position resets but everytime I look around I have to drag it back to my character in POE.

squidyj

I keep meaning to ask, is there a way to reset the position of the overlay map? In Diablo 3 you just close and open it and the position resets but everytime I look around I have to drag it back to my character in POE.

hit tab. if that doesnt work look in your ui settings for auto center.

Wallach

Yeah - there is an option for this in the UI settings to have it recenter every time you open the minimap, but for some reason the default behavior was changed to "off" with 3.0. It used to be the default behavior.

Xeteh

Yeah - there is an option for this in the UI settings to have it recenter every time you open the minimap, but for some reason the default behavior was changed to "off" with 3.0. It used to be the default behavior.

Ah, okay. Weird, wouldn't have thought to look for an option. Thanks guys.

Don't worry about chaos resist until you're perfecting your gear very late into end-game. The only dangerous chaos damage you'll encounter besides specific bosses (which you should bring an amethyst flask for) are those spike firing snakes, as their attacks are hits and can burst you down if they all fire at once. Most other chaos damage attacks are degens, which can be safely countered with flasks.

Your Ele resistances should be capped or at least approaching that, having Fire and Cold res at that level means you are taking more than 3 time as much damage as you should from those types of damage. That's usually priority number one for me, unless my damage is so low I can't kill anything without losing a day and a half.
Your HP+ES pool looks really low as well, even if you intend to switch to CI later on you need to get a few more HP nodes on the way that you can respec later.
At least that would be what I'd say to a HC character.

What Rufus said about Chaos Resistances as well, even though for you it's a bit more dangerous because of the very low HP pool you can play with.

Thanks, but what Life / ES numbers should I be at this point?

To be honest I don't know where to take my Necro. My initial thought was to complement it with high crit chance Shock and use Elemental Proliferation to empower Minion Instability. But barely even have time to cast lightning spells since the enemy is either already dead or my Skeletons are dropping like flies.

Thanks, but what Life / ES numbers should I be at this point?

To be honest I don't know where to take my Necro. My initial thought was to complement it with high crit chance Shock and use Elemental Proliferation to empower Minion Instability. But barely even have time to cast lightning spells since the enemy is either already dead or my Skeletons are dropping like flies.

I did not track exact numbers but around 1.5k-2k by end of a5, 3k by end of a8 and 4k at end of a10 combined life+es was something I achieved. 4k life with Mind over Matter was barely enough for a10 boss fight.

Some improvements coming to the Harbinger League in the way of harder encounters and better drop potential. And the new supporter packs not to be available until mid next week. :(

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1949090

And more often in maps!

Harbinger packs? Damn I just bought a pack two days ago haha

Wasted all my points on the boxes and am missing the damn chaos armour skin.

Ferrio

Banned
So I'm learning that life nodes are a big must, is there any life nodes I should avoid or make mandatory? I'm a duelist, trying to run a duel wielding bleed/poison build.

Ferrio

Banned
Only avoid a life node if it takes so many passives to reach that it compromises your build. Or if there are more point-efficient ways of getting equal or more life.

Okay, I got quite a few that I'm already adjacent to, I'll pick those first from highest to lowest.

Haly

As a rule of thumb, if you use a builder like Path of Building, which tallies the cumulative bonuses you get from your build, you can see a figure labeled "%Inc Life From Tree". 120% is in the "glass cannon" range and 200% and above is "tanky".

Haly

Oh yeah they host their website on the same servers as their game so when it goes down the site goes down too.

ONE OF THE MOST UNBELIEVABLE INFRASTRUCTURE DECISIONS IN ALL OF GAMING I AM TOTALLY SERIOUS.

Ferrio

Banned
How valuable is Gladiator's "100% of Block Chance applied to Spells"? It's looks too good to pass up, but curious if it's a noob trap.

Top Bottom