• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

quest

Not Banned from OT
Excellent XBO patch, so much for so little, I feel I want to give something back, for a new player, what would be the best way to spend some money in the game?

Just buy points now and wait 10 days to spend them. From everything I read stash tabs go on sale every 3 weeks. So the next sale should be not this weekend but the following weekend. The currency tab and at least 1 custom would be ideal to so you can sell anything you might find that is worth a lot. Wish they had a map stash tab also since those seem to take up a lot of space since they don't stack.

So, Scorching Ray and Righteous Fire aren't effected by passive Spell Damage?

I've only been playing for close to 3 weeks, but I have played a disgusting amount of time in that span. The learning curve is high but I like that aspect of the game a lot.

Maledict

So, Scorching Ray and Righteous Fire aren't effected by passive Spell Damage?

I've only been playing for close to 3 weeks, but I have played a disgusting amount of time in that span. The learning curve is high but I like that aspect of the game a lot.

Scorching Ray definitely is. It's affected by spell damage, elemental damage, fire damage and burning damage.

Scorching Ray definitely is. It's affected by spell damage, elemental damage, fire damage and burning damage.

I see. I guess the wiki is wrong because I was just looking through active skills effected by passive Spell Damage and all gems effected by it and RF wasn't listen in either?

flkraven

Level 63 on my main, I think I'm going to buy that first blood pack when I get home. I've thoroughly enjoyed my time, and would love to support the devs. The 200 credits I get will just be dumped into more stash tabs (currency tab #1 priority)

Rufus

I see. I guess the wiki is wrong because I was just looking through active skills effected by passive Spell Damage and all gems effected by it and RF wasn't listen in either?
No, it's correct about RF. It's an exception because the skill itself buffs your spell damage while it is active. It was convceived as a temporary boost before it became a skill you can actually build around.

Generally, the game is consistent in it's wording, but there are exceptions (an ever increasing, I feel) that can trip you up.

Handy Fake

No, it's correct about RF. It's an exception because the skill itself buffs your spell damage while it is active. It was convceived as a temporary boost before it became a skill you can actually build around.

Generally, the game is consistent in it's wording, but there are exceptions (an ever increasing, I feel) that can trip you up.

The wording is very specific and needs to be noted, aye. There are a good few things like that - and rather than making it confusing it expands the scopes of builds you can make.

Dahbomb

Another question, how on earth do people remember all the permutations of trader recipes, it's mind boggling!
Most people don't remember all of them, just the more commonly used one.

A lot of them are pattern based. 3 of a kind to upgrade. Set of rare items for a currency. Sell 6 sockets for 7 jewelers orb. Chromatic recipe. Most of the recipes aren't useful to the average player, they are mostly for speed racing in the game (like those blue recipes to guarantee a blue boots to roll movement speed).

Also POE Wiki.

Speaking of Vendor recipes... Today I accidentally vendored my GG triple res, high life roll, wed leather belt while moving items to my other character. I actually didn't realize this until way after when I looked at my current belt and was like "wait what?" I think the belt was worth like 40C so it's not that big of a loss.

Kadin

How do people sustain maps. I'm having trouble with my second character in Harbinger. I need me some T10+
I just make sure to do each and every map and the bonus to up my chances of getting upgraded map drops. When I'm fresh into red maps, sometimes I have to buy a few on poe.trade to get them going (11/12s still pretty cheap). Once I have a handful ready to alch, it usually starts self sustaining pretty fast.

iamblades

Most people don't remember all of them, just the more commonly used one.

A lot of them are pattern based. 3 of a kind to upgrade. Set of rare items for a currency. Sell 6 sockets for 7 jewelers orb. Chromatic recipe. Most of the recipes aren't useful to the average player, they are mostly for speed racing in the game (like those blue recipes to guarantee a blue boots to roll movement speed).

Also POE Wiki.

Speaking of Vendor recipes... Today I accidentally vendored my GG triple res, high life roll, wed leather belt while moving items to my other character. I actually didn't realize this until way after when I looked at my current belt and was like "wait what?" I think the belt was worth like 40C so it's not that big of a loss.

A big one is iron ring + skill gem to get a specific resist ring.

some neat unique recipes as well as possibly the most pointless item I can think of in this game:

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Book_of_Regression

Kadin

Patch is alive and well on XB1. Can't explain how great it is to have NS's loot filter back again...

The movement issue still seems to be there, I don't seem to move any less when briefly pressing the L stick. :(

Xyber

How do people sustain maps. I'm having trouble with my second character in Harbinger. I need me some T10+

When I got to the point where I could do t10+ maps with ease, I just bought like 10 maps for pretty much nothing and haven't had any problems sustaining my map pool after that. I have like 30 maps in my stash now and for every map that might not drop a new one, there's plenty of them that drops several.

squidyj

I need to get +135% altogether on Resistances...

Okay.

you should go for 169.
one of the affixes that rolls on maps is "players are cursed with elemental weakness" if you don't want to die and you don't want to roll it over (ie reroll the mods on the map) you should be capped while affected by elemental weakness.

In red tier maps the ele weakness effect is -34%

quest

Not Banned from OT
So what is the better strategy. I am sitting at 2.6khp 2kdps and 50s resists at 71. I can't either do regular t1 and 2 maps slow skipping boss make exp. Or I can transmute those maps going to die make no exp but maybe get my first post act 10 upgrades. No buying items is out of the question there is nothing of value for sale in standard league on my server on Xbox. Just trying to make any sort of progress right now almost 20 hours post act 10 outside a few levels.

iamblades

So what is the better strategy. I am sitting at 2.6khp 2kdps and 50s resists at 71. I can't either do regular t1 and 2 maps slow skipping boss make exp. Or I can transmute those maps going to die make no exp but maybe get my first post act 10 upgrades. No buying items is out of the question there is nothing of value for sale in standard league on my server on Xbox. Just trying to make any sort of progress right now almost 20 hours post act 10 outside a few levels.

why are you playing standard?

nobody plays standard, hence nothing for sale. :p

seriously though, what does your build look like? you should have more than 2.6k hp even if you have no life on your gear if your tree is decent(assuming its not a hybrid build or a witch or shadow maybe).

if you can't buy items you gotta use the currency as intended, and craft some upgrades. going to have to play it like SSF. you just need to farm/craft life +double resist rares until you can get 3k+ life and over capped resists. don't even worry about the other stats on it for now. just get those three to where you won't get one shot by rare mobs or champ packs.

Oh that build uses it too? LMAO!

Man I am so glad I copped that jewel early.
They're too high. I sold mine for 215c today when I bought it for 70c earlier in the league.

Took that currency and bought an attack version of Vinktars for my new wander.

And holy hell. I can't believe I took this long to make a wander. Just got to maps with my Tempest binding wander and this is the most fun I've ever had in PoE. Have it combined with Vaal Power Siphon and this is a clear speed monster. I have about 20ex invested into the character at the moment and I'm tempted to sell off my Doomfletch gear and get some badass opal rings and a culling strike piscators I'm enjoying this character so much.

danowat

Banned
Thanks. I'm baffled that developers never mention the patch-size in their patch-notes. (some do)

I was pissed because I only got about 10mins to play this morning due to the patch downloading!

Looks good though, not sure if it's me, but the game looks a lot "cleaner" and seems to run much better.

TheKeyPit

Banned
I was pissed because I only got about 10mins to play this morning due to the patch downloading!

Looks good though, not sure if it's me, but the game looks a lot "cleaner" and seems to run much better.
Sounds good. I'll give it a look after breakfast :)

Edit: This game will run godlike on the Xbox One X.

So am I missing something or do those cool kids do to have like thousands of Chaos Orbs. I'm Lv74 and I have exactly 0.

fVGPvPV.png

quest

Not Banned from OT
why are you playing standard?

nobody plays standard, hence nothing for sale. :p

seriously though, what does your build look like? you should have more than 2.6k hp even if you have no life on your gear if your tree is decent(assuming its not a hybrid build or a witch or shadow maybe).

if you can't buy items you gotta use the currency as intended, and craft some upgrades. going to have to play it like SSF. you just need to farm/craft life +double resist rares until you can get 3k+ life and over capped resists. don't even worry about the other stats on it for now. just get those three to where you won't get one shot by rare mobs or champ packs.

Build is a standard tornado ranger plenty of life on the tree. I love to upgrade an item but none with proper base stats will drop. I play standard because I thought like Diablo season where character basically dead after season and I hate leveling. In the end I would end up in standard either way because no way would want to do that 30-40 hour of grind again to level a fresh character.

So am I missing something or do those cool kids do to have like thousands of Chaos Orbs. I'm Lv74 and I have exactly 0.

Unless you're flipping, farming lab, doing tons of shaped map running on a MF, or get extremely lucky with drops, your currency tab won't look like that.

This is my third league and the first time I've ever had my total worth in terms of gear and currency in the thousands of chaos. Farming uberlab early is what did it for me.

Dahbomb

How does one even "farm" Uber lab? Don't Offerings only drop in trials (one at a time) which are 10%~ spawns in maps?
People buy the Offerings or carry other people who provide their own offering.

Lvl74 is nothing, you just started the end game. Progress on the Atlas, complete all tier 1-9 maps including uniques if possible then start running shaped tier 11s. Then graduate to tier 12-13 then tier 15 + Guardian map drops (don't need to run a guardian map more than one, just sell the maps for east chaos).

You can also farm Uber Lab but farming maps is more chill. When you start getting into sustained tier 13 maps that are fully sextanted, that's when the money starts rolling in around early to mid 90s when your character is more less complete with 20/20 gems and good gear.

And that other guy who is at lvl1 with 2.7k HP and 50 res... bro those stats are awful for mapping. What you need to do is start farming Blood Aqueducts for item drops and currency so you can craft you gear, get resistances and life up at the minimum. I don't know how it is on the Xbox but you can force create a new instance of a zone, just have to look up how to do it (on PC it was ctrl click on the zone). Once that area is easy enough, you graduate to Chamber of Innocence and run that area until you are like mid 3500 and 75/75/75 with better DPS.

Start looking at vendors for jewelry, armor and weapon pieces that are suitable replacements for your old gear. Get them white, increase their quality and Alchemist them. Scour and Alch until it's am upgrade or what you need. Improve your gem set up.

In fact just post your build with your items, flasks, jewels if applicable, gem set up and skill tree (bandit option) so we can help you better. There are probably some mistakes you are making in there. Also abuse the Master enchants as well.

Hmm thanks, so it's still very early for me then. Just keen on getting stuff going for my Nec. I hace a few ideas on how to make it much better but I'll need to 6L and get some stuff like Dead Reckoning. I've been doing T5 / T6 but my minions are dropping pretty quickly now. Doesn't help that I'm not always getting maps with tiers that aren't too low.

Also, what the heck killed me in Phantasmagoria Map? I think I remember popping a coccoon and I just instantly died. I had 3000 ES and capped all res except physical

I assume the fastest / most economical way to 20/20 gem is to just use the recipe that resets it to Lv1 with 20/20?

flkraven

Looking at getting more stash tabs with my 200 currency. When they go on sale, what are their prices typically?

Currently looking at:

Currency tab (75)
Premium Tab (40) -> Is this the only way to sell stuff? I'm on Xbox

Maybe Essence (40) or Divination (50) if you guys think I'll need them?

Dahbomb

Fastest way is to buy them of course but other than that yaa you reset them with the recipe. Leveling gem a second time around is a lot faster.

TheKeyPit

Banned
Force create new instance should be "Y"-Button in front of an entrance.

Edit: Resetting a 20 gem puts it to level 1 with 20% quality, right?

Looking at getting more stash tabs with my 200 currency. When they go on sale, what are their prices typically?

Currently looking at:

Currency tab (75)
Premium Tab (40) -> Is this the only way to sell stuff? I'm on Xbox

Maybe Essence (40) or Divination (50) if you guys think I'll need them?

I'd wait for a stash tab sale. Get the currency and premium tab now. Wait for a stash tab sale to spend the rest.

Rufus

Yup. Check the quality bonus first, not all of them are worth it. Also, if you're a caster and flipping your main spell, you're gonna nerf your damage a lot. You'll re-level it pretty quickly, but ideally, you'd have a spare at a similar level to swap in temporarily. (And have leveled several copies in your other weapons set to Vaal them, aiming for a lvl 21 gem.)

Oh that build uses it too? LMAO!

Man I am so glad I copped that jewel early.
Actually, no. I'm just a dum-dum who didn't remember the video well enough.

Got a link?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcZJnXB_GjQ
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1945896

Dahbomb

Force create new instance should be "Y"-Button in front of an entrance.

Yes. You turn in lvl20 gem with a Gemcutter prism.

Though only do this gems where the Quality actually matters. Gems like Wrath and Hatred are worthless getting quality on.

How does one even "farm" Uber lab? Don't Offerings only drop in trials (one at a time) which are 10%~ spawns in maps?

Apologies for quoting myself, but has anyone else noticed they see less Trials of Ascendancy after they have completed them all? I had 10 offerings before I found the sixth trial, and I think I've only seen three or four total since then.

Maybe they spawn more in the lower tier Maps?

iamblades

Build is a standard tornado ranger plenty of life on the tree. I love to upgrade an item but none with proper base stats will drop. I play standard because I thought like Diablo season where character basically dead after season and I hate leveling. In the end I would end up in standard either way because no way would want to do that 30-40 hour of grind again to level a fresh character.

More people will probably be playing standard next league for that reason, but I imagine since this is the first league, standard is a complete ghost town.

As far as waiting for drops, don't. check the vendors for decent ilvl normal or magical items to craft(or decent rares or even uniques if you get lucky), although just running through the highest ilvl zone you can clear easy should net you several normal items with the right base types, you may have to loosen up your loot filter, or just hold the show all loot button.

you are doing it wrong if it takes 40 hours to level a character to maps though. It takes me like 10-12 hours to get my first character into maps in a fresh league, and that's on the slow side compared to the people high on the race leaderboards, who do it in 6-7.

I don't play every league though, would probably drive myself crazy.

KKRT00

Five unspent passive points just sitting there. How do you resist allocating them!?

I'm used to it. I play those games like this since D2 :) I sometimes do not spend points for 20 levels or so :p
I dont know what i will build still, so i dont overspend :)

Top Bottom