• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile |OT| Loot 3.0

quest

Not Banned from OT
People buy the Offerings or carry other people who provide their own offering.

Lvl74 is nothing, you just started the end game. Progress on the Atlas, complete all tier 1-9 maps including uniques if possible then start running shaped tier 11s. Then graduate to tier 12-13 then tier 15 + Guardian map drops (don't need to run a guardian map more than one, just sell the maps for east chaos).

You can also farm Uber Lab but farming maps is more chill. When you start getting into sustained tier 13 maps that are fully sextanted, that's when the money starts rolling in around early to mid 90s when your character is more less complete with 20/20 gems and good gear.

And that other guy who is at lvl1 with 2.7k HP and 50 res... bro those stats are awful for mapping. What you need to do is start farming Blood Aqueducts for item drops and currency so you can craft you gear, get resistances and life up at the minimum. I don't know how it is on the Xbox but you can force create a new instance of a zone, just have to look up how to do it (on PC it was ctrl click on the zone). Once that area is easy enough, you graduate to Chamber of Innocence and run that area until you are like mid 3500 and 75/75/75 with better DPS.

Start looking at vendors for jewelry, armor and weapon pieces that are suitable replacements for your old gear. Get them white, increase their quality and Alchemist them. Scour and Alch until it's am upgrade or what you need. Improve your gem set up.

In fact just post your build with your items, flasks, jewels if applicable, gem set up and skill tree (bandit option) so we can help you better. There are probably some mistakes you are making in there. Also abuse the Master enchants as well.

My build is the neversink tornado build. I did not stray 1 bit from it. I took all the passive skill points on the bandit quests. My flasks are diamond, quick silver, healing lighting, healing, fire, healing anti freeze. I still had no luck on the anti-bleed flask on my many attempts. Skills are tornado(Tornado,GMP,Physical to lighting and elemental damage), Barrage(forget gems but 4 recommended in guide), Hatred by itself, and ballista with 4 recommended gems. Blink arrow with faster attack my last skill. Waiting on better socket drops to add CWDT stuff like ice Golem and
CWDT immortal call and another aura. Then drop barrage since it at this point does not seem much better than tornado.

I will have to write my gear down when I get home. Biggest issue with it is just very low level so the base stats are low. I can't seem to find the higher level replacements. Either it has the wrong base stats or no sockets ect. I don't have a ton of currency to dump into crafting ATM that was spent on a bow to be honest was not really worth it. I check lots of whites for base stats since several locations I could live with 1 or 2 sockets for now. They just have to many junk stats to waste the very few crafting resources I have on them.

Kadin

How do you guys get the most out of multiple level 20 gems you level up from the start?

I'm playing a Spark build atm and I have 6 additional gems all close to finally reaching 20 but none of them have 20% quality. Once they all ding, I'm planning to corrupt them in the hopes of getting at least one level 21. So do you guys just take them one at a time, quality them up, give it a vaal, then rinse, repeat if it doesn't hit? I've got plenty of chaos to do this but I can't find anyone with enough gcp to sell if I need 120ish.

Baliis

How do you guys get the most out of multiple level 20 gems you level up from the start?

I'm playing a Spark build atm and I have 6 additional gems all close to finally reaching 20 but none of them have 20% quality. Once they all ding, I'm planning to corrupt them in the hopes of getting at least one level 21. So do you guys just take them one at a time, quality them up, give it a vaal, then rinse, repeat if it doesn't hit? I've got plenty of chaos to do this but I can't find anyone with enough gcp to sell if I need 120ish.

I just quality mine up with GCP and level another set of gems in my second weapon set to vaal.

LCGeek

formerly sane
My build is the neversink tornado build. I did not stray 1 bit from it. I took all the passive skill points on the bandit quests. My flasks are diamond, quick silver, healing lighting, healing, fire, healing anti freeze. I still had no luck on the anti-bleed flask on my many attempts. Skills are tornado(Tornado,GMP,Physical to lighting and elemental damage), Barrage(forget gems but 4 recommended in guide), Hatred by itself, and ballista with 4 recommended gems. Blink arrow with faster attack my last skill. Waiting on better socket drops to add CWDT stuff like ice Golem and
CWDT immortal call and another aura. Then drop barrage since it at this point does not seem much better than tornado.

I will have to write my gear down when I get home. Biggest issue with it is just very low level so the base stats are low. I can't seem to find the higher level replacements. Either it has the wrong base stats or no sockets ect. I don't have a ton of currency to dump into crafting ATM that was spent on a bow to be honest was not really worth it. I check lots of whites for base stats since several locations I could live with 1 or 2 sockets for now. They just have to many junk stats to waste the very few crafting resources I have on them.

Depending on enchants Barrage is quite legit.

Only time your tornado should be doing more is if your gems or enchants are better in which case like the guide says you don't need barrage. Barrage is single target dps and offers a bit more than tornado outside of blast rain I can't think of another skill to use that really brings down the house.

iamblades

Depending on enchants Barrage is quite legit.

Only time your tornado should be doing more is if your gems or enchants are better in which case like the guide says you don't need barrage. Barrage is single target dps and offers a bit more than tornado outside of blast rain I can't think of another skill to use that really brings down the house.

lightning arrow +heralds can be good dps, and less gear reliant than tornado shot probably.

really there are way too few good ranged skills. should be able to use kinetic blast with bows, but then there'd be no reason to make a wander.

35ADED1BC29694931DFD192625DEA552BEB77756

Just my opinion, but Vilenta has the best design from all the NPC's I have found so far.

Dahbomb

Then to build currency you should be farming Bloody Aquedusts or some similar act 9/act 10 zone.

Barrage is still recommended because it will do much higher single target damage than Tornado shot. I don't know what other aura you are running but you can be running Herald of Ice for some extra clear speed. Attach Herald of Ice to Curse on Hit, Assassin's Mark to get easy Power charge generation while mapping to increase your crit chance.

Drop the Siege Ballista completely, it's not really worth it at this point (you can Barrage for single, Siege Ballista is just very unreliable when it comes to hitting moving targets). Definitely get Ice Golem in there to boost your overall damage. Finally, attach a single Blood Rage somewhere to give you more damage and some frenzy charge generation.

You have 3 Life Flasks... that's overdose man! Replace one of them with a Silver flask asap. Hell I don't even like running 2 flasks, I would use a Basalt flask in there if you want the extra defensive juice. And remember if you plan to get these flasks, make them white first, use 4 Glassblowers on them then craft them to what you want.

And again, check vendors for whites with sockets.

Finally, I would add Point Blank to the skill tree. I know this is counter intuitive to how you would want to be playing a Ranger but trust me when I say this.. most of the time you have to be engaging enemies in close proximity and you need them to die fast. Tornado Shot unlike other bow skills can't hit off screen with the way its targetting works... it benefits more from Point Blank. It's a substantial damage increase for you. This makes Barrage really potent too.

So I just got the Wolfpack's Den Unique map and played through it....

This is the fucking place that Zana sent me on my very first daily mission with her. No wonder I got so completely destroyed! I had no idea at the time, I just thought having 4 bossfights was normal for her missions.

rickyson1

guess that ended up being worth it after all

ran like 10 xoph breachstones over time just because it's more fun to gamble with them than sell the splinters,felt like I was wasting money really but just got a heart out of it which puts me well ahead in the end

edit: the offers people whisper to you in this game are hilarious sometimes,someone actually offered me a fucking kaom's for it

TheKeyPit

Banned
Is there any further information on the new XBO loot filters? and what the different strengths actually filter out?
Regular = The normal version. Perfect for beginners and experts alike, especially if you like Chaos recipes.

Semi-Strict = Hides several bulky/bad rares. Nice balance of hidden/shown items in the endgame.

Strict = Hides the majority of all rares in the endgame. Designed for well geared players.

Very-Strict = Hides the majority of all rares in the endgame, portal scrolls, wisdom scrolls. Great for speedrunning. Rares are limited to T1/T2 meta items and T1 offmeta items (such as T1 armor boots in the ES meta). made stricter for this version

Über-Strict = Crazy filtering level. Only meta T1 rares and trinkets, no armorers/augments. It's great for focused speedrunning and as a base for advanced editing. made stricter for this version

Über-Plus-Strict = No rares, tons of hidden entries, clean screen. Don’t complain if you don’t see your niche item

+ https://youtube.com/watch?v=Dr6zy1mV0qY (demo of the concept)

Edit: New players should use NeverSink - Regular. (That's how I understood it)

Rufus

Is there any further information on the new XBO loot filters? and what the different strengths actually filter out?

NeverSink's Filter - Regular - Used by the majority of players. It won't hide anything expensive, while filtering out all the trash. Shows all rares and a lot of "potentially useful items", great for new leagues, new players and solo selffound environments.

NeverSink's Filter - Semi-Strict - Shows the top ~65% of all rares, hides less popular recipes and crafting bases. This is a good allrounder version.

NeverSink's Filter - Strict - Shows the top ~35% of all rares, hides most recipes and crafting bases. Designed for optimized builds, that want to farm/grind effectively.

NeverSink's Filter - Very Strict - Shows the top ~15% of all rares, hides scrolls, armorers and augmentations. Only shows the best crafting bases and recipes. Designed for very fast, well geared meta builds.

NeverSink's Filter - Über-Strict (WARNING: NOT RECOMMENDED) - Shows the top ~5% of all rares, hides transmutations and whetstones. Advised for insanely fast builds, such as vaal spark/fireball and well organized veteran parties.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1246208

quest

Not Banned from OT
Then to build currency you should be farming Bloody Aquedusts or some similar act 9/act 10 zone.

Barrage is still recommended because it will do much higher single target damage than Tornado shot. I don't know what other aura you are running but you can be running Herald of Ice for some extra clear speed. Attach Herald of Ice to Curse on Hit, Assassin's Mark to get easy Power charge generation while mapping to increase your crit chance.

Drop the Siege Ballista completely, it's not really worth it at this point (you can Barrage for single, Siege Ballista is just very unreliable when it comes to hitting moving targets). Definitely get Ice Golem in there to boost your overall damage. Finally, attach a single Blood Rage somewhere to give you more damage and some frenzy charge generation.

You have 3 Life Flasks... that's overdose man! Replace one of them with a Silver flask asap. Hell I don't even like running 2 flasks, I would use a Basalt flask in there if you want the extra defensive juice. And remember if you plan to get these flasks, make them white first, use 4 Glassblowers on them then craft them to what you want.

And again, check vendors for whites with sockets.

Finally, I would add Point Blank to the skill tree. I know this is counter intuitive to how you would want to be playing a Ranger but trust me when I say this.. most of the time you have to be engaging enemies in close proximity and you need them to die fast. Tornado Shot unlike other bow skills can't hit off screen with the way its targetting works... it benefits more from Point Blank. It's a substantial damage increase for you. This makes Barrage really potent too.

I will add points blank next 2 levels. Ballista for now is a useful distraction to enemies. I would farm the aqueducts but I don't think there is a way to close instance on Xbox outside waiting 15 minutes. I got offer on helmet that solve 2 resistance issues hoping that works out.

Baliis

I will add points blank next 2 levels. Ballista for now is a useful distraction to enemies. I would farm the aqueducts but I don't think there is a way to close instance on Xbox outside waiting 15 minutes. I got offer on helmet that solve 2 resistance issues hoping that works out.

If you need a distraction, maybe try out Decoy Totem

Rufus

So, I got bored of my Ball Lightning build and rather than re-spec it into something else or switch spells, I ditched SSF (which should be renamed to Streamer Self Found, as only they can put in the time required) and bought a Call of the Brotherhood to replace my Sybil's. Now I can actually shatter and use Herald of Ice, yay~ That sweet, sweet shattering sound alone has revitalized the build for me, haha.

I had hoped that this would solve my reflect issue as well, but alas.. To be fair, I was dangerously close to 500% crit multi without any form of leech, so I swapped Inc Crit Multi for Point Blank. Shouuuld help without nerfing me too much. A 6L would be really nice at this point.

If you need a distraction, maybe try out Decoy Totem
Read this without context, made me giggle.
You needed to know this. Not drunk, I swear.

Dahbomb

I've been playing for years and using Curse on Hit in conjunction with a Herald has never ever occurred to me...
You can also attach Onslaught gem to it and ditch your Silver flask. Doesn't work as well as Curse on Hit but you do occasionally get the Onslaught buff going in maps.

Handy Fake

You can also attach Onslaught gem to it and ditch your Silver flask. Doesn't work as well as Curse on Hit but you do occasionally get the Onslaught buff going in maps.

I've popped it on an Orb of Storms with Conductivity and... Something else. Forgot what now, just closed it, heh.

Arc Witch be sizzling.

Dahbomb

That still works for bosses. For mapping I would put curse on hit on a herald. I always put Assassin's Mark on Herald of Ice... get the extra crits AND power charge generation. So good man. Then I got onslaught going too plus Frenzy charge generation from Ice Bite/Blood Rage on my new Path Finder.

Level 83 on my wander with only 18 hours played on it. The clear speed is amazing. But the single target leaves a lot to be desired. I'll have to add value breach it to it for bosses soon.

Getting about 330m xp/hr running dark forests. Picking up my last crit nodes right now then it's frenzy charges.

iamblades

god, the occultist essence drain build is so much more fun than the trickster. shit blowing up all over the place.

Side note, I just used about 150 alts trying to roll a goddamned bleed removal flask and got nothing.

feels bad man.

Handy Fake

Rolled in four Beachhead maps last night and am now the proud owner of The Flow Untethered.

But my God am I glad I started using Frost Wall before I did them.

Rufus

god, the occultist essence drain build is so much more fun than the trickster. shit blowing up all over the place.

Side note, I just used about 150 alts trying to roll a goddamned bleed removal flask and got nothing.

feels bad man.
These days, if I get anything else that's useful, I just grab another flask and keep trying with that. Provided I have enough Glassblower's.

quest

Not Banned from OT
You don't have to close instances, just keep making new ones. The other guy said it's done by pressing Y.

Thanks that worked. Also got ice curse and ice golem in has helped. Once I got point blank barrage felt much better. Got the jungle boss down that is good. Wasted all my currency on crafting gloves that did not turn out not so good. I'll try to run blood aqueducts for couple more levels till 75. Then probably burn my chisels on the tier 2 maps I can do to try and get that first upgrade.

Dahbomb

DO NOT use Chisels on white maps!

Save them for high yellow maps or red maps. Just use blue currency on white maps for now.

Low level 70 on low level white maps is perfectly fine and about where you should be. I am assuming you haven't tackled Merciless Lab yet so once you get into the early 80s you should probably acquire enough of an upgrade (through leveling up, gem levels, maybe an upgrade here and there) to tackle Merciless Lab for that Ascendancy power boost.

squidyj

Im not even using chisels on my t11s 4 chisels for 1 1/3c on a 1c map when I've already got at least 60% quantity from the map and I'm running biscos seems like a losing proposition.

running the base map would have to be worth >4c to return the investment. sextants help improve that base value by adding drop sources.

Tom Penny

Fucks this game. Blow through t13 maps no problem..can't do uber lab because I'm vaal paact. Uber lab is so fucking wack with it's traps. Bad enough the bullshit random finding offerings just to open it. Even got rid of Vaal Pact while doing trap sections. Absolute shit game design that has no correlation to the regular game play and content at all yet required to get all the ascendancy points which is all I give a shit about because I'd rather map.

iamblades

Fucks this game. Blow through t13 maps no problem..can't do uber lab because I'm vaal paact. Uber lab is so fucking wack with it's traps. Bad enough the bullshit random finding offerings just to open it. Even got rid of Vaal Pact while doing trap sections. Absolute shit game design that has no correlation to the regular game play and content at all yet required to get all the ascendancy points which is all I give a shit about because I'd rather map.

thats when you swap to a desecrate/devouring totem setup. Doesn't really help with the traps in the boss room, but it helps a lot in getting there at least.

instant staunching flasks help lots too.

Tom Penny

thats when you swap to a desecrate/devouring totem setup. Doesn't really help with the traps in the boss room, but it helps a lot in getting there at least.

instant staunching flasks help lots too.

Not really the point. Why are enchants and Ascendency points hidden behind game play that does not have any correlation to 99% of the other content in the game? It's flat out shit game design. Killing Izaro shouldn't revolve around the ability to get through traps which does not exist in literally any other part of the entire game.

quest

Not Banned from OT
DO NOT use Chisels on white maps!

Save them for high yellow maps or red maps. Just use blue currency on white maps for now.

Low level 70 on low level white maps is perfectly fine and about where you should be. I am assuming you haven't tackled Merciless Lab yet so once you get into the early 80s you should probably acquire enough of an upgrade (through leveling up, gem levels, maybe an upgrade here and there) to tackle Merciless Lab for that Ascendancy power boost.

I'll try not to but kinda of desperate for an upgrade. How much dps before blood rage becomes viable even when hitting monsters am losing hp. I did add some life through the tree with some respect I was saving up. What tier before regal orbs show up more? Did get my first exalted just wish something to spend it on.

Dahbomb

I'll try not to but kinda of desperate for an upgrade. How much dps before blood rage becomes viable even when hitting monsters am losing hp. I did add some life through the tree with some respect I was saving up. What tier before regal orbs show up more? Did get my first exalted just wish something to spend it on.
You have absolutely 0 trading on Xbox? Because you can easily turn the Exalt for some Chaos to get some easy upgrades. Under no circumstances should you actually use your Exalt at this stage of the game.

Regals can drop whenever but in tier 6 or higher maps I believe you start getting item level 75 gear. You can turn in a set of full unidentified rare for 2 Regals. But please don't try to craft stuff with Regals at your level, you are just going to be throwing away money.

To make use of Blood Rage you just need some Life leech on your tree. You should have taken the life leech nodes on the bottom of the tree near the Duelist area (along with a small amount of mana leech). If you can't make it work then don't use Blood Rage.. the DPS isn't that much, it's just there for Frenzy charge generation mostly (don't know what Ascendancy you are using if you are using Raider then you don't even need Blood Rage).

You just need to be picking up Rares that correlate to your inventory and hope for the best. That means Harbinger Bows, Spike Point Quivers, Evasion armor pieces, all types of jewelry/rings. Leather or Rustic Sashes.

iamblades

Regal orbs are always pretty rare, but doing the chaos recipe with ilvl 75+ items will give you regals.

as far as chisels go, using 4 chisels on a map increases the map quantity by 20%(so basically doing 5 maps at 0 quality is the same as doing 4 maps at 20 quality), which is absolutely not worth it until later when the maps themselves start becoming hard to find.

quest

Not Banned from OT
You have absolutely 0 trading on Xbox? Because you can easily turn the Exalt for some Chaos to get some easy upgrades. Under no circumstances should you actually use your Exalt at this stage of the game.

Regals can drop whenever but in tier 6 or higher maps I believe you start getting item level 75 gear. You can turn in a set of full unidentified rare for 2 Regals. But please don't try to craft stuff with Regals at your level, you are just going to be throwing away money.

To make use of Blood Rage you just need some Life leech on your tree. You should have taken the life leech nodes on the bottom of the tree near the Duelist area (along with a small amount of mana leech). If you can't make it work then don't use Blood Rage.. the DPS isn't that much, it's just there for Frenzy charge generation mostly (don't know what Ascendancy you are using if you are using Raider then you don't even need Blood Rage).

You just need to be picking up Rares that correlate to your inventory and hope for the best. That means Harbinger Bows, Spike Point Quivers, Evasion armor pieces, all types of jewelry/rings. Leather or Rustic Sashes.

I pick up all rare items and check. Just standard on Xbox has like 50 players so slim pickings for gear for sale. And it is a pain since no real filter outside type. So got to sort through sea of garbage to even check. Was my mistake thought was like Diablo seasons and characters basically die. Just saving up to make another attempt at crafting. Next time it will be body armor think get bigger Defense upgrade.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Regal orbs are always pretty rare, but doing the chaos recipe with ilvl 75+ items will give you regals.

as far as chisels go, using 4 chisels on a map increases the map quantity by 20%(so basically doing 5 maps at 0 quality is the same as doing 4 maps at 20 quality), which is absolutely not worth it until later when the maps themselves start becoming hard to find.

OK that makes sense I thought it improved drop rates by 20% why was going to do it.

My Ice Golem became more expensive today than the Mana I have unreserved, which led me down a rabbit hole of tinkering with my secondary skills.

I realized instead of Blasphemy on Warlord's Mark, I can use Curse on Hit + Herald of Ice + Increased AoE and my Glacial Hammer shatters enough that my Endurance charges stay up in 95% of situations. 80% chance to freeze sure is fun.

Mostly I'm proud of myself for figuring this out without any help. This game sure is mechanically deep.

Dahbomb

I pick up all rare items and check. Just standard on Xbox has like 50 players so slim pickings for gear for sale. And it is a pain since no real filter outside type. So got to sort through sea of garbage to even check. Was my mistake thought was like Diablo seasons and characters basically die. Just saving up to make another attempt at crafting. Next time it will be body armor think get bigger Defense upgrade.
You can buy Uniques then instead of Rares. I would imagine searching for Rares is probably impossible but you can still get some solid uniques in.

Definitely trade your Exalts for a bunch of Chaos first.

I realized instead of Blasphemy on Warlord's Mark, I can use Curse on Hit + Herald of Ice + Increased AoE and my Glacial Hammer shatters enough that my Endurance charges stay up in 95% of situations. 80% chance to freeze sure is fun.
Why are you using such a jank way to get Endurance Charges? If you are crit based (which I am assuming you are if you are using Ice Golem) then use Assassin's Mark instead of Warlords Mark with Herald of Ice and use Enduring Cry plus Endurance Charge on Melee stun on Leap Slam to get easy Endurance charges. This way you can get both Power Charges and Endurance Charges.

TheKeyPit

Banned
They disabled the trade board on Xbox after the recent patch. I haven't played this past weekend, so I have no clue if that's still the case.

Rufus

Why are you using such a jank way to get Endurance Charges? If you are crit based (which I am assuming you are if you are using Ice Golem) then use Assassin's Mark instead of Warlords Mark with Herald of Ice and use Enduring Cry plus Endurance Charge on Melee stun on Leap Slam to get easy Endurance charges. This way you can get both Power Charges and Endurance Charges.
Nooo, don't piss on his parade now of all times~ Discovery is part of the fun.

Also, self-casting EC isn't that bad. Certainly safer.
Remember when EC was a spell, so CWDT could proc it? Ah...

quest

Not Banned from OT
They disabled the trade board on Xbox after the recent patch. I haven't played this past weekend, so I have no clue if that's still the case.

It's back up but there are some bad disconnect and crashing issues for some people. I don't get crashes but get lot disconnects.

Handy Fake

Been a bit laggy on PC after the last patch, keep getting the odd desync.

Makes killing the Goddamn Rhoa in the Bog map nigh on impossible. God I hate that Rhoa.

Rufus

Been a bit laggy on PC after the last patch, keep getting the odd desync.

Makes killing the Goddamn Rhoa in the Bog map nigh on impossible. God I hate that Rhoa.
Get him low before you smash the nests. Still annoying without culling strike, but a lot less so.

Top Bottom