• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Path of Exile Xbox Closed Beta Registrations Open

Raide

Is there a way to expand your inventory? It feels stupidly small at the start.

I like the depth of customisation on offer, feels much more like an RPG than Diablo 3. BUT.... the actual feel and flow of the combat is miles worse in my opinion. Looting is awful on console and it just feels very hard to compare different items. The so letting system is so slow and cumbersome with a controller.

Diablo 3 is wildly superior as a console action RPG at the moment in my view as it feels like they really tailored it for the control system. PoE feels like they just did a pretty quick and dirty control port.

PC version has cosmetic items and other bits like extra inventory slots and custom name slots among other things. Did not see that in the Xbox Beta, so I guess they are trying to figure out how to do it.

Not sure...still having the problem, but I dont have any issues playing any other online games. Bumming me out because it seems like something I'd really enjoy.

Been playing for several hours and not a single dip. Really odd. Maybe something up with what data point you're connected to

On a side note, I was messing around with the controls and I figured out how you can select items on the ground. Hold the left stick in and it will let you cycle through items with the right stick while it's held

Been playing for several hours and not a single dip. Really odd. Maybe something up with what data point you're connected to

On a side note, I was messing around with the controls and I figured out how you can select items on the ground. Hold the left stick in and it will let you cycle through items with the right stick while it's held

Having dug into their official forums, it seems those who connect to the Washington DC server are the only ones having problems. Being that I'm on the east coast, I'm assuming I too am connecting to that server. Its been a bit better today, as in, not constant, but its still too often to call it a fun experience.

I feel like someone should make a thread due to 3.0, sort of a pseudo-OT to get people's attention outside of the community forum. I'm not good at making threads, so if I made one it'd be very bare bones. We need to revitalize the GAF Exile community and grow our numbers!

PrinceKee

Is this going to be free to play? Looks similar to Diablo and I was going to buy Diablo reaper of souls. So I'll try to get into the beta, can't sign up now because it says there's maintenance going on. Are they still letting ppl sign up for they beta?

Having dug into their official forums, it seems those who connect to the Washington DC server are the only ones having problems. Being that I'm on the east coast, I'm assuming I too am connecting to that server. Its been a bit better today, as in, not constant, but its still too often to call it a fun experience.

If that's the only issue, I'm sure it'll be sorted. I must have been on a better server last night because it ran flawlessly. Game is a ton of fun when it's working. Still needs a lot of minor polish, though

Is this going to be free to play? Looks similar to Diablo and I was going to buy Diablo reaper of souls. So I'll try to get into the beta, can't sign up now because it says there's maintenance going on. Are they still letting ppl sign up for they beta?

It's ftp. Way more interesting than D3. Not as polished in some areas, but it gives vibes of the original style of diablo

I've been getting into the beta over the past few days, after playing around 30 hours on PC a few years ago. I'm loving it, it's a lot more comfortable playing with a controller.

I read that the beta would last around 3 weeks. Have they said anything on when the full release would be after that?

So to my surprise I found a key for the beta in my mailbox and just now I started playing it. Right now it seems to be less straight forward than Diablo 3 for example but that's fine. I chose Shadow as my first character just to see what the sword combat would be like or more like dagger. But a few things are not explained in the tutorial and neither can I seen to find a control sheet. For example I picked up a shield but how do I actually block with it? I tried all buttons and none of them makes the guy block attacks. Also after the part where you meet a few merchants and quest givers you arrive at the other side of the beach and tons of crabs and cannibals come at you. Am I supposed to fight all of these off? You'd think I would be able to dodge attacks or at least block them. The tutorial only explains a few things and then you get to a red part that you can't access unless you choose to skip the tutorial. It's a bit confusing.

Ferrio

Banned
So to my surprise I found a key for the beta in my mailbox and just now I started playing it. Right now it seems to be less straight forward than Diablo 3 for example but that's fine. I chose Shadow as my first character just to see what the sword combat would be like or more like dagger. But a few things are not explained in the tutorial and neither can I seen to find a control sheet. For example I picked up a shield but how do I actually block with it? I tried all buttons and none of them makes the guy block attacks. Also after the part where you meet a few merchants and quest givers you arrive at the other side of the beach and tons of crabs and cannibals come at you. Am I supposed to fight all of these off? You'd think I would be able to dodge attacks or at least block them. The tutorial only explains a few things and then you get to a red part that you can't access unless you choose to skip the tutorial. It's a bit confusing.

Blocking/evasion is automatic, it plays more like Diablo 2 than 3.

Yeah i'm starting to understand the game more and more. I'm level 12 now and have finished several quests. Right now there are a few other things i wonder about.

I've been playing as dualist all this time, so mostly with two swords or daggers, but if i want can i also go for a combination of swords and magic?

I've obtained a green corrupted gem and i put it into a socket, but it shows a zero next to that skill. How do i use it?

Last but not least, there are plenty of things in the passive skills menu i can't select because i don't meet the requirements. But it doesn't tell which what requirements.

KKRT00

Last but not least, there are plenty of things in the passive skills menu i can't select because i don't meet the requirements. But it doesn't tell which what requirements.
You can select passive skill only if you have access to it, so you got all passive in the way to one you want to select.

Mulgrok

Yeah i'm starting to understand the game more and more. I'm level 12 now and have finished several quests. Right now there are a few other things i wonder about.

I've been playing as dualist all this time, so mostly with two swords or daggers, but if i want can i also go for a combination of swords and magic?

I've obtained a green corrupted gem and i put it into a socket, but it shows a zero next to that skill. How do i use it?

If you want to do both attacks and spells you probably want skill nodes that do not specify spells or attacks. The top half of the tree has plain physical and elemental nodes that will boost damage of both spells and attacks at the same time.

EDIT: top right has plain physical and top left has more elemental.

Count me in the "too damn laggy to enjoy" camp, lag city over here. I too am on the east coast, almost certainly on the DC server. Too bad you can't switch servers like on PC. (Weirdly enough, on the PC version, I don't have this issue, not even on the DC server.)

TURBO1112

Just fired up the game. Couldn't sync my save, probably because I don't have a save yet. Then it has been contacting server for over 10 minutes.

Some really confusing stuff can happen in this game. All of a sudden my chestplate is in red and it says I cannot use it and that the stats will be ignored.

Requires level 13 (gem) 35 STR (gem)

35 is red.

I don't get what happened here.

Skittles

Some really confusing stuff can happen in this game. All of a sudden my chestplate is in red and it says I cannot use it and that the stats will be ignored.

Requires level 13 (gem) 35 STR (gem)

35 is red.

I don't get what happened here.
Your strength stat isnt high enough to wear that piece of armor with that gem

Your strength stat isnt high enough to wear that piece of armor with that gem

Yeah but the weird thing is it used to be fine and I had been wearing that armor all the time. I did receive something called refund points from someone, maybe it went wrong there.

One thing I find rather unclear is where I need to be going. For example I have several quests on the right side of the screen but it doesn't really give me a indication where that location is on the map. Plus I can only fast travel to certain places.

jayTOH

Yeah, you might've refunded a passive skill node that gave the strength needed to use the gem. Another possibility is the unequipping of a different piece of equipment that gave you the needed strength stat boost.

Related to that--leveling gems shouldn't always be an automatic thing you do in the game, as leveling gems not only increase the damage, duration, or whatever of the skill gem, but it also may increase the mana used &/ the required stats needed to use it (like strength). It happens too often that someone levels up their gems blindly then finds themselves locked into subpar pieces of equipment because of stat requirements.

brian!

Yeah but the weird thing is it used to be fine and I had been wearing that armor all the time. I did receive something called refund points from someone, maybe it went wrong there.

One thing I find rather unclear is where I need to be going. For example I have several quests on the right side of the screen but it doesn't really give me a indication where that location is on the map. Plus I can only fast travel to certain places.

For pc at least the fast travel map has icons for quests under it and selecting them shows the location of the quest, i feel like xbox should have access to this too

TimeLike

Login error

An unexpected problem has occured.

I can't log in at all. Anyone else?

All damn afternoon. Driving me nuts. Uninstalled reinstalled hard reset cleared cache signed out and back in. Nothing. Hopefully the final version minimizes these problems. Can't respect a game that doesn't respect my time.

Theorry

Path of Exile for Xbox One will go live at 2pm on August 24th (PDT). If you're planning to play, then this news post has all the information you need!

What time is the launch?
2pm PDT on Thursday August 24. It's a simultaneous launch for all applicable countries (for example, that time is 9am Friday August 25 in New Zealand).

How do I start playing?
Simply browse to Free Games on the Xbox One Store and either search for Path of Exile or find us on the list.

What countries is Path of Exile enabled in on Xbox One?
Everywhere apart from South Korea, China and Japan. There may be small delays with Brazil, Australia and New Zealand - we have received age rating certificates for these regions and are trying to get them processed in time for launch. We expect to add Japan as a region over the coming weeks.

What languages is Path of Exile available in on Xbox One?
Currently, English, Russian and Brazilian Portuguese. We plan to add German, French and Spanish alongside the PC version in the near future.

What's the First Blood Bundle?
It's a copy of Path of Exile and the First Blood Pack, which contains 200 points, an Extra Stash Tab and the First Blood Weapon Effect. It's the same price as 200 points would be and is limited to one per account. We plan to release it on PC in the near future too, as it's great for new players. While the game itself is free, if you buy this bundle on Xbox One before release, it also allows you to start predownloading.

What Supporter Packs are available?
All of the ones for The Fall of Oriath are available. The prices are adjusted slightly because they don't come with physical goods like the PC versions do. We'll add the Harbinger packs in an update soon.

What Leagues are available?
The Harbinger Challenge League will launch alongside this version, including Hardcore mode. Solo, Self-Found mode is optionally available for new characters upon rescuing the Scion.

What exact version of Path of Exile is being launched on Xbox One, compared to the PC version?
The release version is pretty close to 3.0.0b. We intend to update it to 3.0.1b (which has both waves of Harbinger league improvements) as soon as we can.

Gowans

I really enjoyed this but held off playing to much as I knew it would wipe.

Anyone making the OT? Think it will need one

I'm assuming it will be added in the store by then? Because the only thing available is that pack that costs 20 bucks or so. I'd like to preload it.

Top Bottom