• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pathetic Enemies you shouldn't die to, but still did anyway....

pa22word

maxresdefault.jpg
dark souls moonlight butterfly

Ehhh I don't really agree with this one. MLB is kind of a skill check to make sure players understand defense stat scaling properly. If it's your first souls game and you don't understand damage reduction variables on the stat screen, which really FROM's UI pre roughly DS2 roughly BB was honestly pretty bad, it could easily be a pain in the ass fight.

I wouldn't blame anyone who goes online bitching about MLB before being told they could equip a high magic defense set to offset the damage it does, for instance. Pinwheel tho? >______>

I die from random torch zombies in DS so often it's become a running gag between me and my friend.

That's okay, his running gag is any rat.

Anura

In Monster Hunter Freedom Unite the tiny Ceanataurs are a death sentence for bow users. When you have three of them chasing you plus a gravios it's just plain stupid.

Van Bur3n

Fuckin' Mudcrabs from Skyrim

It was an embarrassing defeat.

Yep, I remember those fuckers got me good once. And I hadn't saved in a while. Went back to that river and burned them all to hell. From a distance, anyway....

But for me, it's that loony who granted me one shot kill attacks.

kos_or_some_say_kosm.gif

I remember on one playthrough he was just constantly killing me and I felt ashamed.

HeelPower

Yep, I remember those fuckers got me good once. And I hadn't saved in a while. Went back to that river and burned them all to hell. From a distance, anyway....

kos_or_some_say_kosm.gif

I remember on one playthrough he was just constantly killing me and I felt ashamed.

Died to him a lot.

He's very infuriating.I dont doubt that he commonly frustrates a lot of players.

Vibranium

Banned
Yeah, I died to crows in Resident Evil 1 and 2. Also to leeches in 0, very embarassing.

I wonder if the crows will be a nuisance in RE2make. To be honest, I missed them in 7 though, I have a soft spot for them as an enemy.

SirNinja

Just because they don't move doesn't mean they aren't a threat. They take off a whole heart if you accidentally touch them, and the game's dimly-lit first dungeon - where you only have three hearts - has quite a few gold skulltulas in it. This is also the part of the game where newcomers are still just getting used to the controls.

A common mistake when killing Golds is to do the forward jumpslash attack on them. While it looks cool, there's a big chance that Link will touch the skulltula will before his sword does, if you don't have the distance exactly right. (The Kokiri sword is only a little longer than a dagger, so there's not too much room for error there.) This can happen with most slash attacks on them, but that one is usually what gets people killed.

I was a Mega Man fanatic when I was a kid, owned all of them for NES and SNES and played through them countless times. Picked up the Legacy collection when it came out, fired up Mega Man 2 and...died at Flash Man...

kos_or_some_say_kosm.gif

kind of an obnoxious boss, just chasing after this fool. From Software do a lot better at just making an arena+boss than any kind of dynamic encounter

Ogodei

One time i was replaying Metroid Prime at a convention where they had it set up on a Gamecube and got killed by the half-dead Space Pirates on the Frigate. Embarrassing as shit because i've played that game countless times and rarely died (except in my first playthrough against the damn Fission Metroids and some of those high-powered turrets).

Fortunately nobody saw.

GonzoCR

kos_or_some_say_kosm.gif

This guy actually killed me the most on my first NG+ playthrough. A Call Beyond is broken when used by the AI.

The boss that killed me the most times in The Old Hunters were the fucking Living Failures.

How I managed to kill LM and the Orphan on my first try but died to those fuckers close to 5 times, I have no idea.

Edit:
I'm ashamed to be killed by these things.
YEEES I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE
FUCK THE LIVING FAILURES

The basilisks in Dark Souls...

They have little to no HP, and by the time you encounter them you should be pretty well versed in crowd control and awareness of your surroundings.

LOL NOPE!

They plague me (literally?) in all three games, but you really pay fro it in DS1.

Shinypogs

cliffracer.png

Morrowind's Cliff Racers had the best of me at the worst possible times...

When they get a good swarm going there's fuck all you can do about them at lower levels. You just run and hope to find some npcs that will distract them. Bless the city guards who defeated these menace while I hid in a building.

Momentary

Banned
Everyone died to one of these at some point in FFXI. I learned to just run when I heard the grunt they made whenever they spotted you.

This was the true embarrassment
im11.jpg

The one that dropped the rabbits foot was always the one that got me. He was too strong early on.

Top Bottom