• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAX East 2015 Discussion Thread

Cowie

Hi Folks!

Edit: In negotiation for sale

I'd love to get rid of them for cost+shipping to any willing gaffers :D (tickets were $45 a piece)

(I'm in the MD/VA/DC area if someone local wants to bypass the hassle of shipping)

Toss a PM my way if you're interested.

WGMBY

3rd year here for me. I'm looking forward to the Square Enix booth, maybe testing the newest Oculus prototype, and incessantly bugging the devs of Elite: Dangerous.

Should be good times.

Tom_Cody

My first PAX. I can't wait.

I'm looking forward to Nintendo's booth, Capcom's booth (I hope they do some cool Monster Hunter stuff), and Square's booth (+ the FFXV panel).

There are also a handful of indie games that I specifically want to see. And I'm hoping to finally try the Oculus at their booth.

Here are the Nintendo games confirmed for PAX East (Source: Nintendo Enthusiast):

-Mario Party 10
-Splatoon
-Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
-Mario Maker
-Xenoblade Chronicles 3D
-Codename STEAM

Crap! If I didn't go to PAX South last month, I'd be all over this (if I was able to get passes for it).
Awesome!

Deft Beck

This will also be my third year (I skipped it last year due to a lack of cash).

I am going on Saturday, so I would like to arrange to hang out with some people.

Anyone with (2) 3 day badges per chance? Completely spaced out on when they would go on sale. I've never been to PAX, but would love to go this year!

For the meetup, just PM me your phone number if you think you're going to run into issues on the Saturday.

FYI, it's on Saturday because the GiantBomb panel is on Friday this year.

Hopefully the EA of gaming websites don't co-opt our meeting spot again.

Here are the Nintendo games confirmed for PAX East (Source: Nintendo Enthusiast):

Crap! If I didn't go to PAX South last month, I'd be all over this (if I was able to get passes for it).

Splatoon :O

My second PAX East, but my first as a big-time Giant Bomb fan, so I'm hyped to see their panels. I had my first exposure to them at Pax East 2013 through panels. I ran into Ryan and Jeff at the airport on my flight back (we were sitting at the same gate, but they were leaving on an earlier flight) and told them to keep up the good work. They were nice and gracious, even as they were working on laptops. RIP Ryan.

Of course, as a wrestling fan as well, I'm hyped for PAXAMANIA BROTHER.

Edwardo

Kinda bummed Riot isn't having a huge League of Legends section again. Oh well, I guess there can be a better flow of traffic thru that area now.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo

-Mario Party 10
-Splatoon
-Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
-Mario Maker
-Xenoblade Chronicles 3D
-Codename STEAM

Check again, that's not Nintendo's official lineup. They revealed it this morning, so that website you sourced was wrong.

OnPoint

I'll be there wandering the floor on Sat and Sun with our game but I won't be at an actual booth. If anyone wants to play shoot me a pm and I'm sure we can set something up. Can't wait though, love going to pax. Haven't missed a Boston one yet.

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
Yo GAF

Make sure to stop by the Robot Entertainment booth and check out Orcs Must Die! Unchained. Tons of new changes going into the beta in March and this is a first to play a huge list of changes. We have access to the beta for those who stop by along with an exclusive PAX Skin and some in-game currency for free. We are also handing out Orcs Must Die! scarves since it will be cold as heck for those that drop by and play the game :)

10393148_839869179385377_2036902584286286206_n.jpg

11013551_839869216052040_750335485328717258_n.jpg

Meowtor

Gold Member
first PAX East that I wont be going for all 3 days. Will be there for friday though for panels and checking out the show floor. Cost of a 3day on top of kind of weaker and weaker show floors just didnt sell me this year.

So Nintendo's lineup is actually:

Splatoon
Codename Steam
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Majora's Mask 3D
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D
Puzzle & Dragons SMB

Edwardo

Yo GAF

Make sure to stop by the Robot Entertainment booth and check out Orcs Must Die! Unchained. Tons of new changes going into the beta in March and this is a first to play a huge list of changes. We have access to the beta for those who stop by along with an exclusive PAX Skin and some in-game currency for free. We are also handing out Orcs Must Die! scarves since it will be cold as heck for those that drop by and play the game :)

Sweet! I'm definitely going to stop by. My friends and I had a ton of fun playing your game last year.

My friend is going to be there for a tournament so now I'm definitely going. Only going for Friday and Saturday though. Hope to see you guys there

Cornbread78

Awe crap. My buddy has weekend passes he wants to off-load for $150 and my daughter really wants to go meet a bunch of the YouTubers for FIFA/Minecraft, etc... That is a little too much to afford though... aarrghh

Lombax

Banned
This year has been pretty brutal for us northeastern folk and the snow has just been piling up! Be prepared for the weather and cold conditions.

Here's what PAX is stating on their official page:

Its worth mentioning that if you are planning to park in the lots around the convention center on Friday show up early (Alewife as well if you are planning on the Red Line)!
I work on Summer street (near the convention center) and while the MBTA has been its own special nightmare over the past few weeks please note that the parking lots are running at lower capacity, and fill up quickly on a weekday.

Awe crap. My buddy has weekend passes he wants to off-load for $150 and my daughter really wants to go meet a bunch of the YouTubers for FIFA/Minecraft, etc... That is a little too much to afford though... aarrghh

$150 for two passes or $150 each?

$75 each for weekend passes is a steal if that's his price.

So Nintendo's lineup is actually:

Splatoon
Codename Steam
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
Majora's Mask 3D
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D
Puzzle & Dragons SMB

Yessssssss. Psyched to try Splatoon and I never played Xenoblade Chronicles on Wii and just got a new 3DS XL, so I'm curious about that as well. Can't wait to stop by their booth!

EDIT: Sorry for double-posting. Wasn't thinking.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Passing along info on the party I am throwing during PAX East that is open to the public (ages 21+):

GungHo Online Entertainment America, in conjunction with indie developer YummyYummyTummy, will host its second Indie Games Live event - a celebration of independent titles featuring a collection of the latest games from the indie games scene. The list of developers and titles include: Untame (Mushroom 11), Witching Hour (Masquerada: Songs and Shadows) and Berzerk Studios (Just Shapes & Beats). More developers will be added to the roster in the near future. The event is open to the public and will be held on Friday, March 6, at Guilt Boston (279 Tremont St. Boston, MA 02116) from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m.

http://indiegameslive.com/ has the full list of developers (20+) exhibiting their games. The live music act, Sabrepulse, will perform from 10-11PM.

ParityBit

I will be there Saturday! I will walk though the Video Game side some, but it is usually an unbearable mass of humanity.

Once done there, go belly up the board games chaps :)

Kinda bummed Riot isn't having a huge League of Legends section again. Oh well, I guess there can be a better flow of traffic thru that area now.

OMG. Riot basically dominated the one section last year. I'm actually pretty happen they aren't there. If you were remotely near their stage you couldn't do anything.

Mesoian

Jesus christ, it's next week isn't it? Man. My body is not currently ready.

Course of the weekend

Giant Bomb panel
2 Best Friends panel
Playing Marvel
Playing GG
Fightin' Round The World
PAX-amania
All the industry parties.

mollipen

Hey you! Are you going to PAX East? Do you enjoy seeing panels that are both entertaining and educational? No, wait, don't run away!

I, and the rest of the Press XY group, will be doing two new panels at the event. We'd absolutely love to see you at either (or both!), and it's a chance to learn about issues and part of the gaming community you might know have a lot of exposure to otherwise.

Press XY Presents: Trans Against Insanity: Celebrity Edition

Join our panel of game designers and journalists for a live game show that asks and answers questions about being transgender and involved in the game industry. Using a format similar to Cards Against Humanity, our panelists will find fun answers, but also propose serious solutions. "Lucky" audience members will be invited onstage to play PressXY's custom card game alongside game industry "Celebrity" panelists, and compete for "Valuable" prizes!

PANELISTS:
Charles Battersby [Founding Member, Press XY], Eric L. Patterson [Executive Editor, EGM Media], Rebecca Heineman [Founder, Olde Skuul], Jennell Jaquays [Chief Creative Officer, Olde Skuul]

BUMBLEBEE THEATRE
FRIDAY 3/6 3:00PM - 4:00PM

Press XY Presents: Transgender Characters in the Spotlight: Then, Now, Tomorrow

Once it was a rarity to see games address gender identity, or feature transgender characters, but many recent titles have had prominent transgender characters, and themes. Our panel of designers and journalists will discuss recent additions to the ever-growing roster of transgender characters, as well as the process of bringing transgender characters to life, and how to avoid problematic design concepts.

PANELISTS:
Charles R Battersby [Founding Member, Press XY], Eric L. Patterson [Executive Editor, EGM Media], Rebecca Heineman [Founder, Olde Skuul], Jennell Jaquays [Chief Creative Officer, Olde Skuul]

BOBCAT THEATRE
SATURDAY 3/7 5:30PM - 6:30PM

Hey there! we (q-bit games) will be there at booth #2216 with our game Holobunnies, that we're relaunching on Kickstarer one day before the event :D Come and see us, we'll give you candies, real candies. I hope to see GAF members there <3

sceneesti.png

Do you have target platforms? I'm guessing PC is a given, but stretch goals for Xbox, Playstation, ect?

Man, I was so worried I wouldn't be able to go this year, but I luckily got my 3 day pass! This will be my 5th Pax East, but my first as a member of GAF. Hopefully I can make it to the meet up!

Anyone trying to sell you a $90 badge for $150 isn't your buddy.

tumblr_m3246eoa8j1qkvsb0.gif

My "buddy" is trying to sell 3 for $250 EACH. Sadly he has one buyer already.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Yo GAF

Adam is a pretty cool guy so you all should say hi!

Davey Cakes

I'm going on Sunday with my bro and his gf. Wish it was Saturday but those passes went like lightning.

Really happy that Nintendo has a presence this year.

Top Bottom