• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAX Prime 2015 Attendees Thread

Nyoro SF

Looks like I'll have to do third party purchasing this year. My queue position hasn't changed at all and all the days are dropping.

Dartastic

Ugh. I'm not going to get squat. You know what would be cool? If maybe they could have two weekends or something. Demand is obviously there.

meijiko

Ugh. I'm not going to get squat. You know what would be cool? If maybe they could have two weekends or something. Demand is obviously there.

The other PAX shows were meant to help with demand. Doing two weekends would be hell for every staff member involved.

They'd need to provide accommodations for everyone working there for two weeks, have enough stock, etc. The cost wouldn't be worth it.

Nyoro SF

I got a single Monday badge. That being said, It looks like it gave me the option to pick up to 5 badges per day? No wonder they sold out so damn fast.

Patryn

I got a single Monday badge. That being said, It looks like it gave me the option to pick up to 5 badges per day? No wonder they sold out so damn fast.

Guessing that was in response to the earlier glitch that was limiting people.

Noshino

Last time i was able to get 4 sets but due to stuff going on wasnt able to go.

this time I couldnt get a single ticket

fml

Megatron

I already made plans for that weekend assuming pax would be labor day weekend like always. Oh well. I went the last three years, good to take a break I think.

Patryn

HOW THE FUCK DID I SOMEHOW GET A SATURDAY AND A SUNDAY PASS JUST NOW. o_O

The maximum amount of purchasable passes get "held" when your spot in the queue comes up. Anyone who gets into the checkout process while you're there don't have access to those passes.

So, for instance, if there were only 2 Saturday passes left and you hit the front of the line, you have a "hold" on those passes for the next 8 minutes. Anyone who enters checkout during that period aren't able to see those passes, so they'd see Saturday as sold out. If you don't buy them, they get freed up. So the next person who enters the checkout would then get a chance at the Saturday passes.

Seems like for whatever reason either people got frustrated and didn't buy anything, timed out, whatever and you lucked out and hit things perfectly so you hit checkout at the right moment that those passes freed up.

Dartastic

someone probably queued and didn't finish their transaction so the tickets went back to stock

lucky you
I might need to trade my Sunday for a Friday as there's a Timbers game in Seattle that weekend... MAN THAT WEEKEND IS GOING TO BE AWESOME.

The maximum amount of purchasable passes get "held" when your spot in the queue comes up. Anyone who gets into the checkout process while you're there don't have access to those passes.

So, for instance, if there were only 2 Saturday passes left and you hit the front of the line, you have a "hold" on those passes for the next 8 minutes. If you don't buy them, they get freed up.

Seems like for whatever reason either people got frustrated and didn't buy anything, timed out, whatever and you lucked out and hit things perfectly so you hit checkout at the right moment that those passes freed up.

this is not true, i watched Sunday sell out right as I tried to buy passes for it. page refreshed and said that it had sold out and I could no longer buy for that day.

Patryn

this is not true, i watched Sunday sell out right as I tried to buy passes for it. page refreshed and said that it had sold out and I could no longer buy for that day.

Weird.

It may be that you don't have a hold on the passes until you picked your amounts, I guess.

Psykoboy2

Monday was all booked:(

$241/day after taxes.

Yeah, I just got back through the hotel waiting period and saw that Sunday, Monday, & Tuesday were booked. Maybe Saturday too. I had originally gotten rooms at the Grand Hyatt and was going to pick up Sheraton rooms since I wasn't sure where the majority of friends would be staying, but oh well - the Hyatt works just as well.

Jamie OD

Sold out already, man fuck pax. This is becoming more and more dumb as the yrs go on.

I don't know how they can fix demand even if too much of it is from scalpers. Most suggestions I read come across as selfish ideas rather than a solution that gives a fair shot to anyone.

Still waiting on info for the next PAX South, since I know I'll -never- get to go to Prime or East with the way those things sell out (plus I'm a significantly shorter drive to San Antonio... XD)

That's insane though.

Evenball

Jack Flack always escapes!
Guys, if no tickets look available, refresh. I refreshed and refreshed and just now got a Sunday ticket.

Got lucky. Obtained passes for my group (still need to get another Sunday, though) - and friends will get me the cash on Saturday. Even got a nice room at the Hotel Max (4 blocks away, which I am looking to split. Hint hint.). Despite being way earlier than I thought, still got what I needed.

Quadratic

Congrats on the Gaffers who got passes. PAX is a super fun time. I'm going to sit out another year due to finances but once I stabilize I'll try and join in the madness again.

Patryn

Congrats on the Gaffers who got passes. PAX is a super fun time. I'm going to sit out another year due to finances but once I stabilize I'll try and join in the madness again.

Shit was expensive this year.

$326 for two full sets for my me and my wife.

TriAceJP

$160 for a set? That's nuts.

I'm working at my companies booth so I'll have a exhibitor badge, but I managed to grab a few Saturday/Sunday badges in case some friends missed out.

Holy crap they sold out fast. What the hell?

I have a buddy flying in to visit and hang with me (recently moved to Seattle) and we were hoping to go to PAX. Any idea on how I can score two passes considering I missed the blitz? What have you all seen in years past as far as getting passes past the first(only?) wave of sales?

Super stoked for this year. PAX is always a great time but I have a hunch this year is going to be especially awesome.

Pumped for the annual GAF meet as well, of course.

bah, i'll just sell my Monday passes. travel costs alone are north of $1000 for this. already traveling out of state like 4 times this year. damn. really wanted to go this year too.

Patryn

Holy crap they sold out fast. What the hell?

I have a buddy flying in to visit and hang with me (recently moved to Seattle) and we were hoping to go to PAX. Any idea on how I can score two passes considering I missed the blitz? What have you all seen in years past as far as getting passes past the first(only?) wave of sales?

There are no additional waves of sales.

However, there are several places you can find passes. Some GAFFers may have picked up extra, there's PAXPassExchange on Reddit.

Worst case scenario, there are plenty of scalpers on the street in Seattle. Just make sure you get any potential badges checked out with Enforcers to make sure they're legit before buying passes on the street.

Noshino

Super stoked for this year. PAX is always a great time but I have a hunch this year is going to be especially awesome.

Pumped for the annual GAF meet as well, of course.

man, the after parties are the best part about PAX

vein isn't even in the US anymore, and i dont know if mac can make it either

Psykoboy2

Got badges! Now I need a hotel but the queue is paused. What are the best official hotels?

Grand Hyatt & Sheraton are the two big ones that are close. Also the only ones I have ever stayed at so I can't speak for any others. The Olive 8 was nice the time I was in their lobby.

Top Bottom