• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAX Prime 2015 Attendees Thread

jediyoshi

I went in 2013 for my first PAX and after dealing with the stress of waiting for the ticket drop to happen and actually score, only to arrive on Day 1 and see about 50 scalpers out front with passes available for every day I told myself I'd never deal with their insane method of ticketing again. If losing out on today's sale has you miffed, just book a flight and hotel anyways and just GO. You WILL get in and get to experience PAX Prime, and it's worth the trip.

At best, these are both equally insane.

I went in 2013 for my first PAX and after dealing with the stress of waiting for the ticket drop to happen and actually score, only to arrive on Day 1 and see about 50 scalpers out front with passes available for every day I told myself I'd never deal with their insane method of ticketing again. If losing out on today's sale has you miffed, just book a flight and hotel anyways and just GO. You WILL get in and get to experience PAX Prime, and it's worth the trip.
If you *do* buy a ticket from a scalper, make sure you take the scalper to the Will Call booth to verify that the ticket isn't counterfeit before paying for it.

pOGCcmq.jpg

As for non-PAX hotels, look into downtown Bellevue - from the bus transfer center there you can take an express bus directly to the convention center, takes about 35 minutes.

Blues1990

Yeah, considering that I have no friends to go with and I have no interest with going to a convention that is stupidly hard to get tickets for, I'm quite content with attending to the gaming conventions that are located in Vancouver.

I hope all you guys have fun, though.

As for non-PAX hotels, look into downtown Bellevue - from the bus transfer center there you can take an express bus directly to the convention center, takes about 35 minutes.
People should definitely be able to find places to stay closer than Bellevue. Traffic is always nuts that weekend, the last thing you'd want to deal with is the bridge.

krae_man

Heads up people, if you check out twitter it looks like a bunch of cancelation emails went out to people who exceeded the purchase limits.

If you still want tickets, better set SMS notifications to your phone for when @Official_PAX tweets and panic every time your phone beeps starting NOW!

The second batch of badges only lasts minutes.

dLMN8R

Heads up people, if you check out twitter it looks like a bunch of cancelation emails went out to people who exceeded the purchase limits.

If you still want tickets, better set SMS notifications to your phone for when @Official_PAX tweets and panic every time your phone beeps starting NOW!

The second batch of badges only lasts minutes.

You mean for people who ordered more than four tickets per day by trying alternate accounts / multiple computers?

krae_man

You mean for people who ordered more than four tickets per day by trying alternate accounts / multiple computers?

I think so. Most claim they did nothing wrong and didn't exceed any limits and think they got flagged in error.

Seems like a mix of people who blaitently went over the limit, multiple people using same billing address or some other identifying marker, and some people who straight up say they didn't exceed any limits.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
This really sucks for me this year since getying scalped tickets was the only way for me to go with no luck at checkout :( Had to contact the eBay seller and he mentioned that he was aware of it. Sounds like he bought a lot. Really hope I can get those 2 tickets...

I do hate scalping so I know it's hypocritical but I didn't have any other option :/ Hope it teaches them a lesson for next year, to give the rest of us a fighting chance.

Patryn

Went to the PAX subreddit and got a good laugh from a guy complaining about this saying that he doesn't understand why his order is getting cancelled, after all he just ordered 10 full sets.

If you want tix, just go to the convention center and you can buy them on the street at face value from people with extras. Avoid the sketchy scalper looking people and buy from people in cosplay. You will get in no pr9blem.

OnPoint

Glad they're cancelling orders that exceeded the limits. The scalping situation is ridiculous and this is the first step to fixing the problem.

If you want tix, just go to the convention center and you can buy them on the street at face value from people with extras. Avoid the sketchy scalper looking people and buy from people in cosplay. You will get in no pr9blem.
This. If you're patient it's really not that hard. Although, I completely understand it's hard to buy a plane ticket to Seattle without the promise of tickets, for those of you coming from out of town.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
This. If you're patient it's really not that hard. Although, I completely understand it's hard to buy a plane ticket to Seattle without the promise of tickets, for those of you coming from out of town.

Yeahhh I already booked my flight and hotel... I've honestly never seen a legit seller outside, they mostly look sketchy and shout to the other scalper "workers" from each street corner. As a last resort if mine end up getting cancelled, I can always make them GO inside to get the badge checked through a black light before purchasing. No way would I buy them and just trust their word :/

Screw the guy that bought 10 freakin sets. Geeze! People like them is why I couldn't buy an actual ones this year. (Trust me though, I'm not a fan of supporting it this year...)

krae_man

Schedule is up in the guidebook.

Not in the site yet.

Since PAX isn't Labor day this year I'm thinking of moving the meetup day to Sat. Thoughts?

Edit: never mind. Guidebook says Pax Prime 2015 but has 2014 dates in it.

riotous

Banned
My friends have all received both their tickets and a shipping confirmation.

I have received neither; but when I checked 4 days ago my tickets were listed as shipped.

Considering I live in Seattle I should have had my tickets ASAP. Getting worried.

Spending $640 and not receiving a shipping notice sure feels like amateur hour.

I'm wondering if this is one of those situations where the software for ShowClix doesn't pay the vendor until they mark orders as shipped; PAX marked mine as shipped to collect their money but I'm not actually shipped.

My friends have all received both their tickets and a shipping confirmation.

I have received neither; but when I checked 4 days ago my tickets were listed as shipped.

Considering I live in Seattle I should have had my tickets ASAP. Getting worried.

Spending $640 and not receiving a shipping notice sure feels like amateur hour.

I'm wondering if this is one of those situations where the software for ShowClix doesn't pay the vendor until they mark orders as shipped; PAX marked mine as shipped to collect their money but I'm not actually shipped.
I live in Seattle too and just recently received a shipping notification. I wouldn't stress it.

If you still don't have anything in a few weeks then I think it'd be time to email them, but for now I think you're good.

riotous

Banned
I live in Seattle too and just recently received a shipping notification. I wouldn't stress it.

If you still don't have anything in a few weeks then I think it'd be time to email them, but for now I think you're good.

Nah; e-mailed them already. Marking something as shipped and not sending tracking for a $640 order isn't acceptable to me.

My friends who received shipping notices the day I checked and saw "Shipped" on my order received their passes 2 days ago. I have a serious mail theft issue in my hood so the lack of tracking number really irks me.

Patryn

Don't they usually ship first to those people further away from the site? I know that when I go to PAX East I tend to get my tickets really late, but I live in Boston.

riotous

Banned
Don't they usually ship first to those people further away from the site? I know that when I go to PAX East I tend to get my tickets really late, but I live in Boston.

Not sure; doesn't really change the facts in my case. Seattle area friends got shipping notices, and their tickets already... I got my order marked "shipped" and nothing else for 4 days.\

edit: I have a feeling they simply marked it as shipped on ShowClix.com. That could have happened ages ago for all I know, I wasn't paying attention.

edit 2: Yup, got a response from them. They didn't specifically say it but it looks like they've marked ShowClix orders as shipped without actually shipping them. Not a huge deal, just a bit nerve racking.

krae_man

Not sure; doesn't really change the facts in my case. Seattle area friends got shipping notices, and their tickets already... I got my order marked "shipped" and nothing else for 4 days.\

edit: I have a feeling they simply marked it as shipped on ShowClix.com. That could have happened ages ago for all I know, I wasn't paying attention.

edit 2: Yup, got a response from them. They didn't specifically say it but it looks like they've marked ShowClix orders as shipped without actually shipping them. Not a huge deal, just a bit nerve racking.

That makes sense since the badges are produced by a third party. The "Shipped" box on their site is meant for tickets they print and mail off using their own system/ticket stock. Since PAX uses a third party to produce the badges the tagging of shipped probably means "we sent the list of orders to be badge manufacturer" or "the tickets have begun being couriered out".

I'm sure they just mail so many per day. Your turn will come.

Moofers

I'm in Portland and don't have mine yet but I never even figured they'd be shipping already. I'm not sweating it. As long as I get them a week ahead of time we are good.

TheGrue

I've gotten notification that mine have shipped, but I've been out of town for work, so not sure if they're delivered.

I got my tickets in the mail earlier this week, so hopefully anyone from Seattle-GAF that was concerned about not receiving their tickets got theirs as well.

On that note, I've got an extra ticket for Friday, Sunday, and Monday. If any of you guys want them, send me a PM, and I'll set them aside for you.

Just a few weeks away, ya'll!

riotous

Banned
Schedule should come in the next week or so; I think it's varied in the past.. but I seem to recall at least one PAX the schedule wasn't out until about 2 weeks before the event.

Firestorm

Waiting for the schedule is killin' me!

Also if anyone is looking to dump their Monday passes at cost, I'll buy a few. Got some co-workers headed down on Sunday and I said I'd see if there were Monday passes I could get.

krae_man

Android marketplace has the guidebook app with the schedule.

Everyone going interested in attending the GAF meetup let me know which evening works best for you.

Patryn

Guidebook is on iOS.

I don't see any PAX Prime 2015.

PAX has moved outside Guidebook to its own App (which is made from Guidebook... it's basically just a version of Guidebook that just has PAX).

It'll be the first hit if you search PAX.

EDIT: And yep, the iOS also has the schedule... although it's clearly not final. Hence the "people doing panel" at 10:30 a.m. in the main theater on Saturday, for instance.

Curious if there's some game announcement holding things up?

And they have the Omegathon finals on Sunday?

krae_man

Ha ha the app keeps crashing on me and the panel list seems light. I see Chris Kohler listed in the panelists section but can't find his panel in the panel list.

Top Bottom