• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PAX Prime 2015 Attendees Thread

krae_man

Again can everyone attending look at the schedule and let me know which date you would prefer to have the meetup?

We've done it Sunday the past couple years but with this year not being a long weekend does that change things for anyone?

How much for Friday and Sunday?
I've still got a Friday and Sunday pass if you need one. Only have one of each, unfortunately.

Again can everyone attending look at the schedule and let me know which date you would prefer to have the meetup?

We've done it Sunday the past couple years but with this year not being a long weekend does that change things for anyone?
I still think Sunday night would be best, just so that we don't have to compete with the non-PAX weekend bar crowds. Otherwise, we'll have to look into reserving some space and it might be too late for that.

krae_man

Updated the OP with high res map pics!

It's looking like Sunday night will be meetup night. How many people are going to attend?

Hey guys, I posted this in the B/S/T thread but thought it may be appropriate here.

I missed out on tickets this year. I'm looking for Friday or Sat. or a set possibly. Let me know what you have, and how much you want for them. I'd love to attend and compete in the console/handheld tourneys again.

If you can help please PM!

Thanks!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I see Pokemon actually has a separate booth this year! Any idea as to what they will have? I'm anticipating a Pokemon Center shop for goods at the least. Only the new mystery dungeon game is coming out, so that would just be a shop then?

Also, I'm kind of tempted to go to the Inafune panel just for the um fan reactions :x

Firestorm

They had one last year as well. Probably just showcasing TCG Online and Merch behind glass again. They also had Art Academy last year iirc.

Psykoboy2

I've got a full set of passes I need to get rid of if anyone is interested. I'd rather not let them go individually and just sell them as a set.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
They had one last year as well. Probably just showcasing TCG Online and Merch behind glass again. They also had Art Academy last year iirc.

I see. Last year I wasn't there so I had no idea they had one then. Missed opportunity for them to sell plush though (even is Seattle area is lucky already and can buy them from vending machines....)

Holobunnies will be there booth 7011 :D We have a new demo for people there~ We're so hyped - it's the first time we'll meet our artist because we're from Montreal and she's from Brazil :D

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
I also noticed that Bandai Namco will be there this year too. That's great because this is the first time I've seen them there. Hopefully Digimon Cyber Sleuth will be there.

GSR

I. Am. So. Fricken. Stoked.

Busting out the Apollo Justice cosplay again <3 <3 <3

All I've got is an attorney's pin. I guess I could grab my ratty old zip-up hoodie and a knit cap and go for bootleg AJ-era Phoenix if I felt motivated!

riotous

Banned
For the Pokemon obsessed visiting Seattle there's a Pokemon Center kiosk at Northgate Mall. It's a 20 minute or so bus ride from downtown.

It's basically a vending machine with Pokemon stuff on one side and games to play on the other 3 sides.

Pokemoncenter.com might be a great starting point, pretty sure they have at least one kind of Eevee plush there.
Ooh thanks! I forgot about the Pokemon Center shop!

We've got a few little kiosks and stuff with Pokemon plushes here in Vancouver as well! Maybe I'll have a looksie soon :)
All I've got is an attorney's pin. I guess I could grab my ratty old zip-up hoodie and a knit cap and go for bootleg AJ-era Phoenix if I felt motivated!

Lazy Phoenix is my favourite Phoenix tbh <3. We'd make a good pair LOL!

Curler

Unconfirmed Member

We've got a few little kiosks and stuff with Pokemon plushes here in Vancouver as well! Maybe I'll have a looksie soon :)

From my experience, those are usually fakes. I was just in Metrotown and even in the arcade the crane games used bootlegs :/ Depends what you are wanting but I have heard horror stories from them... as a warning.

Firestorm

Pokemon Center doesn't ship here and there aren't any kiosks here to my knowledge. There are two in Washington state though! Gacha Hobbies in Aberdeen does have some legitimate stuff imported from Japan though.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Pokemon Center doesn't ship here and there aren't any kiosks here to my knowledge. There are two in Washington state though! Gacha Hobbies in Aberdeen does have some legitimate stuff imported from Japan though.

Oh my bad I forgot that they only ship within the US due to some licensing issue.

From my experience, those are usually fakes. I was just in Metrotown and even in the arcade the crane games used bootlegs :/ Depends what you are wanting but I have heard horror stories from them... as a warning.
I'm honestly okay with a knock off. It's just a plushie :) as long as it looks like Eevee LOL because I know some of them don't

Firestorm

I've got a full set of passes I need to get rid of if anyone is interested. I'd rather not let them go individually and just sell them as a set.
if you haven't found anyone let me know and I can probably find you a buyer. Saw someone on my Facebook was looking for a set.

Atenhaus

Hey all! I'm going to be with an awesome bunch of people working the PC/LAN party floor over the weekend! I'd be more than happy to meet up with some fellow GAFers over the weekend!

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
Hi GAF!

Orcs Must Die! Unchained will be at PAX Prime this year in a huge booth. Come check us out! You can play our survival mode (very similar to classic Orcs Must Die!) in 5 player co-op or Siege 5v5 PvP!

We will be giving away Orcs Must Die! knit scarves and buttons. We are also running a promo with NVIDIA with a photo op at the booth and giving away two GTX 980's and a NVIDIA Shield Tablet :)

Also say hi to me as I will be locked there all weekend long! Wooo! :p

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
More badges opened up go go go

Is there a direct page for it? I lost the link that directly connects it and I'm in the queue which apparently is functioning.

EDIT: Oh nm Fri/Sat all gone. Was only looking for Sat if I could get them too by chance.

Paz

I will be there, but likely stuck in the one place up on the 6th floor the entire time as part of the PAX 10 :p

Come say hi before I die of exhaustion after the second day.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
I've avoided posting in here because so much is in flux. I didn't get tickets but I figured I'd just pay for some from a reseller if I could make it. Now it looks like I'll be in Seattle next week, but I have to leave before PAX starts. I'm pretty disappointed.

I was there last year and met a bunch of great GAF people. Anyone who is on the fence about it should really go to the meetup. Listen to krae_man, you'll have a great time.

I hope you guys have fun and I hope I'll be able to make it next year!

krae_man

I've avoided posting in here because so much is in flux. I didn't get tickets but I figured I'd just pay for some from a reseller if I could make it. Now it looks like I'll be in Seattle next week, but I have to leave before PAX starts. I'm pretty disappointed.

I was there last year and met a bunch of great GAF people. Anyone who is on the fence about it should really go to the meetup. Listen to krae_man, you'll have a great time.

I hope you guys have fun and I hope I'll be able to make it next year!

That sucks. Hopefully work magically changes and you can stay longer.

Karak

Hi GAF!

Orcs Must Die! Unchained will be at PAX Prime this year in a huge booth. Come check us out! You can play our survival mode (very similar to classic Orcs Must Die!) in 5 player co-op or Siege 5v5 PvP!

We will be giving away Orcs Must Die! knit scarves and buttons. We are also running a promo with NVIDIA with a photo op at the booth and giving away two GTX 980's and a NVIDIA Shield Tablet :)

Also say hi to me as I will be locked there all weekend long! Wooo! :p

I got your email. I will be checking your stuff out for my channel.

As for the meet is it going to be Sunday? I have a couple very late behind closed doors meetings but would like to shoot the shit with some gaffers if I can.

creid

I will be there. : )
Anyone Collecting Pins?
I'll be collecting a few, I don't do 100% anymore. I would end up spending the whole PAX waiting in line for things I don't care about instead of hanging out with friends. Getting a full collection is going to be pretty expensive this year too...

Can't wait!!! I have a hellish work schedule because I'm taking off time for this, so I really hope it's worth it this year. Last year was the weakest in memory, but I feel like that may just have been because of the waxing and waning of release cycles in the industry and the new console generation having only a year under its belt.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Come party (free entry!) with Indie MEGABOOTH, GungHo, and Unwinnable:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/unpaxp...-megabooth-and-unwinnable-tickets-18201318634

GUNGHO ONLINE ENTERTAINMENT, UNWINNABLE AND INDIE MEGABOOTH PRESENT unPAXparty 2015

We invite you to join Unwinnable and our friends at GungHo and Indie MEGABOOTH for a night of indie entertainment at PAX Prime! Enjoy music, complimentary drinks and finger food (we recommend you grab dinner before heading over), plus merch and drawings for FREE GAMES!

Attendees will also have a chance to play a selection of some of the best new independent games from local Seattle developers and elsewhere: Galak-Z, République, Memory of a Broken Dimension, D4: Dark Dreams Don’t Die, Gang Beasts and Inversus.

Registration to unPAXparty gets you in the door quickly and served drinks first, plus a FREE two-week subscription to Unwinnable Weekly, our digital magazine (read more about it here).

Moofers

So any idea what Sony is bringing? Uncharted Remastered isn't really something I want to stand in line for, so I'm trying to think of what else they have and I'm drawing a total blank.

So any idea what Sony is bringing? Uncharted Remastered isn't really something I want to stand in line for, so I'm trying to think of what else they have and I'm drawing a total blank.

Maybe guided demos for Horizon & Uncharted 4? In other words, not playable - but you watch a presentation in a small theater. They did it a few years back for Infamous, IIRC.

Hopefully they've got Morpheus stuff - though maybe that's one too many VR headsets for one show.

ScribbleD

Maybe guided demos for Horizon & Uncharted 4? In other words, not playable - but you watch a presentation in a small theater. They did it a few years back for Infamous, IIRC.

Hopefully they've got Morpheus stuff - though maybe that's one too many VR headsets for one show.

What other VR headsets are going to be there aside from Oculus?

This is going to be my second PAX ever (The first being the 1st ever PAX South earlier this year)! I got some personal stuff to do at home when the whole thing is over, so I'll enjoy this as much as I can Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Top Bottom