• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Gamers Assemble, Let's Demand PC Ports From Sega!

Grief.exe

With the exception of VC, I don't think any of these are great ideas for Sega from a monetary perspective. Vanquish, Resonance, and Bayonetta were all multi-platform releases and didn't light the sales charts on fire when they were new so expecting that they'd do better several years later on PC seems risky. And in the case of Resonance of Fate, it doesn't even have critical acclaim in its favor (although it does have some diehard fans). And seriously trying to extrapolate sales from FF7 & FF8 is ridiculous - those are two of the best-selling games in one of the best selling RPG series of all time; of course, they're going to sell well on any platform they're on.

Valkryia Chronicles, on the other hand, makes a lot of sense if it's not too hard to port. It's a strategy game which is a genre that tends to sell best on the PC, it's critically acclaimed, and it's an exclusive that was only released on the PS3 back when the PS3 was the least popular platform around.

First 48 hours of the holiday Steam Sales Rising was topping the sales charts. Keep in mind that this particular period of time saw Steam's highest traffic ever. MGSV port confirmed, Bayonetta port confirmed extremely profitable
I'm being facetious here in order to try to be funny

Amazon's PC rep also stated that the pre-order numbers exceeded his expectations.

qrm726F.png

wasn't there a rumor awhile ago that skies of arcadia was getting ported to xbla / pc / ps3 or something?

I read about that, would love to see that particular game come about. I'm actually in the mood for a JRPG.

That's not the point. The point is I don't think he wants, as a sort of representative to the company, to look like he's actively advocating for port requests.

It's doesn't matter anyway since it doesn't look like Grief is interested in doing that.

I understand your concerns and you are correct in my intentions.

Peff

I would so kill someone for Anarchy Reigns with some form of local multiplayer.

But one step at a time.

Grief.exe

I'll make some high res gifs for you guys without the damn UI when these games launch.

Will be glorious.

I'm really excited, now, for Valkyria Chronicles. Game looks very compelling and a perfect fit for the demographic.

This will dry up if no one influental is going to fuel the campaign.

One of the main reasons why the Dark Souls PC petition was so successfull is because this Tony Shoupinou guy from Namco motivated the community to do the petition.

If we only got someone over at Sega or a some dev of one of those games to acknowledge the demand and actively show us their support, the campaign would have a chance of being successful.

Peff

We need some sort of focused text as a catch-all "This is why it should happen" manifesto. Have you sent anything to Kotaku/Destructoid/RPS/etc, Grief?

This will dry up if no one influental is going to fuel the campaign.

One of the main reasons why the Dark Souls PC petition was so successfull is because this Tony Shoupinou guy from Namco motivated the community to do the petition.

If we only got someone over at Sega or a some dev of one of those games to acknowledge the demand and actively show us their support, the campaign would have a chance of being successful.

The campaign also needs to focus on specific titles (or should I say: title).

Right now it is aimless. :\

Peff

Yeah, I feel if the organization is good we'll end up getting something out of it. Remember that Sega released Typing of the Dead recently, and it must have sold well for them to patch in quite a bit of stuff like they have.

MLH

I don't use twitter a lot (I don't 'get it') but I re-tweeted the OPs tweet (I assume @SEGA also gets that tweet), all those titles I would buy again on PC, mainly because I no longer own them but also because they are good games.

As for SEGA PC ports I was expecting JSRF to be next in the HD classics after the awesome JSR, which I bought on release on PC. It's a shame they seem to have stopped those HD classics; no Shenmue or Skies of Arcadia?

I agree.

I feel Valkyria Chronicles, Bayonetta, and Vanquish would be the most immediately successful and profitable.

The smart thing would be to piggyback on the success(?) of Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and focus on requesting either Bayonetta or Vanquish (I'd prefer the latter but all is good!).

Maybe it's best to wait for MGR to launch first though.

Mulgrok

I don't own any consoles.... so they need to port these games.

Bayonetta day1purchase for sure.

EDIT: Make bayonetta scale to 120fps... for extra smooth goodness.

"Bayo is already 60fps on 360".

What a joke of an argument! And MGS2 was 60fps on the PS2 and you can buy a PS2 like really really cheap, but I didn't see anyone complain it was rereleased for new systems.

Never mind the fact he is advocating buying Used when these games deserve to be bought New.

I still feel guilty for buying a Used copy of Valkyria Chronicles instead of hunting down a New one. But I did not know at the time what dire straights the series was in, what with VC3's lack of localization.

Grief.exe

"Bayo is already 60fps on 360".

What a joke of an argument! And MGS2 was 60fps on the PS2 and you can buy a PS2 like really really cheap, but I didn't see anyone complain it was rereleased for new systems.

I don't own any consoles.... so they need to port these games.

Bayonetta day1purchase for sure.

EDIT: Make bayonetta scale to 120fps... for extra smooth goodness.

The framerate isn't steady 60 and the screentearing. Also people shouldn't need to spend money on a console just for 1 game.

All good points. The Twitter character limit is a real struggle at times.

xdieCx4.png

It's not our fault if SEGA has so many good games that could be ported to PC.

That and if we focus down too much too quickly we risk fragmenting the movement. Not all Bayonetta fans like Valkyria Chronicles and vice-versa. Hell, I know a lot of guys in the Yakuza community who very quickly moved to throw VC under the bus for Yakuza's sake in a OPR poll a while back (And obvious vice-versa).

If we try too hard to focus on a single game, we can risk ultimately weakening our total force due to disagreements among the Sega fanbase. If we stay wide, we get as many Sega fans as possible on this train.

Tain

Japanese action game fans should own a 360. It was the best platform for them this past generation.

I understand the camp that finds port begging obnoxious, but it's not like anybody's asking Platinum themselves to do the ports and these games have been out for years.

Grief.exe

I'll take stable performance, graphics options and near infinite backwards compatibility over the console option anytime. Thanks.

Infinite backwards compatibility is one of my favorite parts of PC gaming. Nothing like going back and playing some of the best games of all time from 15 years ago.

Getting up there to 200 Retweets!

RERfyy3.png

Infinite backwards compatibility is one of my favorite parts of PC gaming. Nothing like going back and playing some of the best games of all time from 15 years ago.

Getting up there to 200 Retweets!

Not only playing them - modding them and playing them better then ever!

Phamit

Isnt Yakuza pretty much an playstation exclusive?Maybe People should concentrate on multiplats

Gonna retweet anyway

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Isnt Yakuza pretty much an playstation exclusive? People should concentrate on multiplats

Gonna retweet anyway

Wii U has Yakuza 1 and 2 HD.

As for the porting it shouldnt be hard. Look how Typing/House of The Dead were done. It was a small team of 4-6 people doing the job. The assets exist, the code exists (For House) its a matter of moving it and tweaking/optimize it to work on PC.

Top Bottom