• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PC Shoot'em Ups / Shmups / STGs Release Archive

microfolk

You think Red Cobra look like crap but think Blue Revolver look good? Oh my

....yes? I don't mean to sound inflammatory, I might not agree with Chacranajxy's assessment of Red Cobra but I really don't feel the look of the game as presented in the video and screenshots, but I understand it's still a prototype and will have tons of time to improve it.
Blue Revolver on the other hand is one of the best looking game I've ever seen in the genre, I don't really understand how can you dismiss it.

EDIT: I realize I might be a lil bit more confrontational than I'd like to in this post, I don't really want to look down on Red Cobra, I just wanted to say how much I love Blue Revolver looks, woof is an amazing artist.

....yes? I don't mean to sound inflammatory, I might not agree with Chacranajxy's assessment of Red Cobra but I really don't feel the look of the game as presented in the video and screenshots, but I understand it's still a prototype and will have tons of time to improve it.
Blue Revolver on the other hand is one of the best looking game I've ever seen in the genre, I don't really understand how can you dismiss it.

Sorry but I think Blue Revolver looks like crap because maybe I'm just tired of all the 8 / 16 bit looking games. Also Blue Revolver is one the worst looking games in the genre imo. It looks like a shitty mobile game.

microfolk

Sorry but I think Blue Revolver looks like crap because maybe I'm just tired of all the 8 / 16 bit looking games. Also Blue Revolver is one the worst looking games in the genre imo. It looks like a shitty mobile game.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then, no biggie.

Talking about the topic I guess we could add Mecha Ritz: Steel Rondo? I talked about it in the STG topic, and from what I've understood the developer will make it available on digital download if the physical sales go well.

Momentary

Banned
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then, no biggie.

Talking about the topic I guess we could add Mecha Ritz: Steel Rondo? I talked about it in the STG topic, and from what I've understood the developer will make it available on digital download if the physical sales go well.

Oh that looks pretty good. If they are making a release digitally I'll add to coming soon with a link to the store and official page.

I think both Red Cobra and Blue Revolver (also has an AMAZING soundtrack) look awesome.

And like people said, Battle Crust is out and aside from having to go to a config file to set things up, this game is pretty damn solid. Old school shmup action with a wonderful variety of play styles. The weapons actually have more of an impact on gameplay than most other shmups. You can tell they put some heart into this game. And the music is top notch.

ChryZ

AN OATH TO THE STARS has been posted on STEAM GREENLIGHT.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=631521991

The game is already on the list, but we can finally see some gameplay from it.

The dev is currently taking feedback, I've already asked many questions and they really know what's up:

• Final game release will have TATE option for vertical screen, and other layout settings
  • All vector based, the game will scale perfectly at all resolutions and aspect ratios without loss of quality, and should be able to support 4K among others.
  • The game is already playable with a variety of controllers out of the box, including all major console controllers such as PS4, Xbox360, Wii U classic controller, and arcade sticks. Button mapping, XInput and DirectInput all covered.
Questions or feedback via https://www.reddit.com/r/gamedev/comments/47v8qn/an_oath_to_the_stars_a_danmaku_shmup_on_greenlight/

EDIT: first tate samples

Momentary

Banned
Blue Rider has been released and it's looking like I'll be buying later on in the month. Looks pretty fun to me.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/402340

ss_759d62ded62419e6c8acc9a648783662c81470d7.1920x1080.jpg

Momentary

Banned
Weird name, but the game looks fantastic.

Explanation from developer....
The name of the enemy's stronghold
It appearance Look like "Ke-Tsu-No-Ana"
assault in there!!

Well, no need to take a guess as to what the ship was designed after. 2 sphears with a long hull. Still, it's a pretty cool looking ship.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
This shmpup resurgence makes me say Hallelujah!

I never thought they genre would pick up steam again (hehehe) outside of Japan. What a time to be alive.

shaowebb

Anyone here own 1943 Megami Strike? It mentions cards and leveling and costs a lot for a shmup. Whats the deal with this one? Does it have a lot of customization and content or something?

@MUWANdo

Banned
Anyone here own 1943 Megami Strike? It mentions cards and leveling and costs a lot for a shmup. Whats the deal with this one? Does it have a lot of customization and content or something?

It's a f2p smartphone that was ported to PC with no meaningful changes bar an additional price tag.

Momentary

Banned

It's a f2p smartphone that was ported to PC with no meaningful changes bar an additional price tag.

I didn't even know this was released. I'll have to get it updated. I was not expecting much from the STEAM port.

Also got Beam Gleam

I thought I already posted it.

https://twitter.com/BeamGleamGame

Infinity Wings.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/448790/

Fudo Myo

I love this thread so much. Bless you OP.

I just snapped up Deathsmiles. Pricey for a shmup, but I want to support these releases.

Cave aside, can anyone give a top three or top five picks from this thread? I would separate twin sticks from scrollers, as I love both but to me they're separate genres.

I'm most interested in Caladrius Blaze at the moment.

Thoughts?

@MUWANdo

Banned
My recommendations (all vertical Japanese games aside from Darius which is horizontal):

Dariusburst Chronicle Saviours
Crimzon Clover
Strania
Eschatos
Raiden IV

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Looks like Ketsui is getting teased for release

Would be cool if that really is next. It's a pretty readily available game now (relatively speaking) due to it being on 360 and the PS3, but it'd be nice to have on PC.

Would've preferred something like DOJ or SDOJ or just plain DDP, though. All of those games need to be ported. But Ketsui is fucking awesome, so whatever.

Momentary

Banned
Yeah. The Ketsui thing might be for that other game.

I'll get this thing updated tomorrow. Looks like I'm about 5 or 6 games behind and I just updated it like 4 days ago. This is out of control.

Fudo Myo

Hi all,

I've started a Steam group called 'TATE Mode' to identify games that natively support 'tate':

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tatemode#

Please join so we can start adding games and get a "TATE" label officially sanctioned on Steam, to make searching for vertical shmups that support TATE sooo much easier.

The group is also to provide monitor suggestions, support, answer questions, and basically talk about vertical gaming.

I admit, the group avatar is crap, so if anyone wants to make a cooler one, please PM me!

Thanks,
-FM

EDIT: Sorry, I don't know if asking people to join your Steam group is allowed on GAF. I just realised I could have made a blunder here, so please forgive me if I have. Know that it was a noble cause, and that there is a reason I'm still a "Junior Member". Thanks.

Momentary

Banned

Momentary

Banned
Two new environmental shots from Red Cobra. We'll be at Indie Arcade in Sacramento on April 9th, with a (very rough) playable build.

Environments looking pretty good. Especially the forest stage.

----------------------

I got everything updated again. Separated the list to A-M and N-Z. Was running into the max word count limit per post.

There's maybe 1 or 2 games that I want to take off that look like complete shovelware mobile port money grabs, but I don't think making the list biased would be a good thing.

As for the Greenlight and recently added games today, Aeternum (excellent music), Phase Edge, Sky Force Reloaded, and Rival Star Hero are all looking pretty good to me.

If there is any errors or anything you want me to add just post here or message me.

Top Bottom