• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Peach announced for Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U

Ahhhhhhhhh, she's so pretty!~ Smash Bros Peach is best designed Peach and the mainline series could really, really take some tips. She just needs her sass and we're good!

Welcome back Princess Peach! Please have some interesting new moves to shake things up -- Mario having no new innovations is still a huge bummer! I would love to see the return of SMB-esque Peach where she's a super powerful mage.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I'm fucking hyped and I can't wait to show my daughter when she wake up.

Boring, old characters dont deserve their own threads. Save it for the newcomers.

Just No. He's right to make a new thread on returning character, since people want new threads every characters and stages.

1wvnOtj.jpg

The sudden appearance of Toad has frightened Mario.
These are bullshots, right? The IQ can't be this good, surely.

Also, Mario looks huge in this picture compared to Peach.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"

I have a feeling that Toad might be playable character this time. His model look way detailed and sharp. I wonder if Sakurai would trolling us with placing Toad as if he is one of the move. :p

Hardly a reveal. She's a staple character in the Mario universe. It was obvious she was going to be included.

Yeah, but most of us actually predicted that she would reveal during Mario 3D World's release date. I'm pleased that we are getting the update on her early.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
I'm fucking hyped and I can't wait to show my daughter when she wake up.

Just No. He's right to make a new thread on returning character, since people want new threads every characters and stages.

I did not know you had a daughter D:

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
these are taken straight from the wiiU and uploaded as far as we know

You should update thread with new "1080" resolution pictures. OMG they look so beautiful.

btw Sakurai's comment.

Pic of the day. Peach joins the battle! We've added 10 pictures of her on the website, but keep in mind that the game is still in development. Her moves may be refreshed by the time the games are released.

I wonder if it would hint that we might get Toad as playable character. :p

To be honest, I don't really care if he is playable character or not. I would rather to see more characters from new franchises at the moment.

They're probably just naturally downsampled from the 1080 resolution like the Wii U screenshot function normally does. If you go into the Smash OT there's the same shots but direct-feed 1080'sized which are a lot more aliased.

I can't wait to show my daughter when she wake up.
Actually Heath, can you do me a favour and elaborate on this?

Is Peach a particular favourite of your daughter and from what games does she like her (the RPGs, platformers, miscellaneous games or just in general)? What does she like most about Peach?

I really like Peach but her treatment in the mainline platformers doesn't fill me with so much confidence; Paper Mario Peach has such an excellent Peach!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Actually Heath, can you do me a favour and elaborate on this?

Is Peach a particular favourite of your daughter and from what games does she like her (the RPGs, platformers, miscellaneous games or just in general)? What does she like most about Peach?

I really like Peach but her treatment in the mainline platformers doesn't fill me with so much confidence; Paper Mario Peach has such an excellent Peach!

Actually she haven't play any of mario games yet. Basically, Super Smash Bros is her first game. Peach is one of her few favorite characters in Super Smash Bros, other than Pikachu and Zero Suit Samus. I'm pretty sure that she probably have more favorite characters but I can't think right now.

foxuzamaki

You should update thread with new "1080" resolution pictures. OMG they look so beautiful.

btw Sakurai's comment.

I wonder if it would hint that we might get Toad as playable character. :p

To be honest, I don't really care if he is playable character or not. I would rather to see more characters from new franchises at the moment.
added

It's surprising how more distinct and primary color pallets for the characters have made a lot of veterans who should otherwise look very similar to their Brawl counterparts like the Mario cast look vastly better here than they did in the previous game (which at the time I thought looked amazing for a Wii game). If nothing else competitively-speaking Sakurai's definitely going for visual-clarity with this game.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
It's surprising how more distinct and primary color pallets for the characters have made a lot of veterans who should otherwise look very similar to their Brawl counterparts like the Mario cast look vastly better here than they did in the previous game (which at the time I thought looked amazing for a Wii game). If nothing else competitively-speaking Sakurai's definitely going for visual-clarity with this game.

Yeah, I agreed. I really like the art-style that Sakurai is targeting for.

Rlan

8546_509055725835833_2007094437_n.jpg

Never realized this move had her hit the opponent with her crown. Always thought it was just a special "slap" move.

NEO0MJ

It's about time a new character got announced for this. Hopefully Wonder Red when The Wonderful 101 launches in the US.

I wonder how many new characters we'll get this time. In Melee we got 14 new characters, 6 of which were clones. In Brawl we got 15 new characters, 2 of which were clones.

I wonder how many new characters we'll get this time. In Melee we got 14 new characters, 6 of which were clones. In Brawl we got 15 new characters, 2 of which were clones.
I'll be fine with only around 10 newcomers if it means everybody from Brawl comes back with some of the clones getting significantly revamped movesets.

Symphonia

Banned
Yeah, but most of us actually predicted that she would reveal during Mario 3D World's release date. I'm pleased that we are getting the update on her early.
Doesn't matter. When our princess comes, we bow down and give her the introduction she deserves
but not the one she needs.
Regardless, 'guessing' that Peach would be in the new Smash Bros. game is like guessing what number comes after ten or what the meaning the life is or
whether Xbone will flop
. We all know the answer already so 'guessing' it is pretty pointless.

foxuzamaki

Regardless, 'guessing' that Peach would be in the new Smash Bros. game is like guessing what number comes after ten or what the meaning the life is or
whether Xbone will flop
. We all know the answer already so 'guessing' it is pretty pointless.

New news, new thread.

I have a feeling that Toad might be playable character this time. His model look way detailed and sharp. I wonder if Sakurai would trolling us with placing Toad as if he is one of the move. :p

*puts tin foil hat on*
I want to believe, like that pic with Kirby and Samus "fused"/clipped together.

Toad back for revenge B^)

Top Bottom