• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

People are streaming "shows" via PS4 twitch..

Sanjuro

Why are you arguing it's not gaming and that anyone can 'poke' stuff, as you put it? Some people want to watch this stuff, others don't. There's no need for any deep and meaningful conversation about subjectivity.

That's not what I'm arguing, nor is it "deep and meaningful".

Point is why should Person A be able to stream a particular game and Person B not be able to if they are using it in the same context? I just discovered Twitch during the PS4 launch. Everything I've learned about them from a moderation stand-point is frightfully childish. Just seems like a disaster overall.

Nuklear

Banned
OMG... she is reading the news and is terrible at it. lol

This show is just a train wreck and the only entertaining thing about is when people call in and troll.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
That's not what I'm arguing, nor is it "deep and meaningful".

Point is why should Person A be able to stream a particular game and Person B not be able to if they are using it in the same context? I just discovered Twitch during the PS4 launch. Everything I've learned about them from a moderation stand-point is frightfully childish. Just seems like a disaster overall.

Yes, but you was advocating an all or nothing approach. I can meet you half way and yes it is wrong that it seems random at the moment, but it just needs moderation and a sensible approach to posters. You are never going to stop dick heads saying stupid things. I think the reason this guy lasted is because he completely ignored all the stupid comments and talked about gaming throughout.

We can help the process by asking relevant question, after all, it was us that made the Spartan Show the success it was.

I follow the Spartan show via Facebook.

Looks like no more random call-ins. He linked a Google Doc form to consider contact the show. It said shit like "Your name, PSN ID, telephone #, question etc.."

Sanjuro

Yes, but you was advocating an all or nothing approach. I can meet you half way and yes it is wrong that it seems random at the moment, but it just needs moderation and a sensible approach to posters. You are never going to stop dick heads saying stupid things. I think the reason this guy lasted is because he completely ignored all the stupid comments and talked about gaming throughout.

We can help the process by asking relevant question, after all, it was us that made the Spartan Show the success it was.

It should be all or nothing. I have the ability to stream games from my console, one of the primary features in selling the console. Why should I be profiled and banned without reason?

PBY

Banned
well, i tuned in for like 5 mins yest bc of the hype, and i turned it off because it was awful in a hugely boring way

this is just a train wreck

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
It should be all or nothing. I have the ability to stream games from my console, one of the primary features in selling the console. Why should I be profiled and banned without reason?

Is this a wind up?

I agree, which is why it needs moderating properly. I don't think we can go any further with the circular conversation

netguy503

Twitch just sent me an email of a list of things that could get you banned from their site.

* Impersonation: You may not impersonate others through the Justin.tv service in a manner that does or is intended to mislead, confuse, or deceive others
* Trademark: We reserve the right to reclaim user names on behalf of businesses or individuals that hold legal claim or trademark on those user names. Accounts using business names and/or logos to mislead others will be permanently suspended.
* Privacy: You may not publish or post other people's private and confidential information, such as credit card numbers, street address or Social Security/National Identity numbers, without their express authorization and permission.
* Violence and Threats: You may not publish or post direct, specific threats of violence against others.
* Copyright: We will respond to clear and complete notices of alleged copyright infringement. Our copyright procedures are set forth in the DMCA Guidelines.
* Unlawful Use: You may not use our service for any unlawful purposes or for promotion of illegal activities. International users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
* Sexually Explicit Material: Nudity and other forms of sexually explicit material is never okay. Violations of these types can end in permanent suspension.

That's it and I did NONE of those things on my stream today. :(

ustream seems to be redeeming itself in the recent downfall of twitch.

i just wish there wasnt a couple of minute delay between when you enter it shows up on screen

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
What was that all about? I never seen it.

Crazy cute black couple doing crazy shit while getting halfway naked and flashing us titties until a few users from here on neogaf kept telling her and her bf to come to this thread which they finally did where they seen the more tame screengrabs of them then they started putting restrictions on themselves and quit streaming a few minutes after. There's some screengrabs of them some pages ago.

Kintaco

Crazy cute black couple doing crazy shit while getting halfway naked and flashing us titties until a few users from here on neogaf kept telling her and her bf to come to this thread which they finally did where they seen the more tame screengrabs of them then they started putting restrictions on themselves and quit streaming a few minutes after. There's some screengrabs of them some pages ago.

Now I'm sorry I missed it. o_O

Deadstar

Twitch just sent me an email of a list of things that could get you banned from their site.

* Impersonation: You may not impersonate others through the Justin.tv service in a manner that does or is intended to mislead, confuse, or deceive others
* Trademark: We reserve the right to reclaim user names on behalf of businesses or individuals that hold legal claim or trademark on those user names. Accounts using business names and/or logos to mislead others will be permanently suspended.
* Privacy: You may not publish or post other people's private and confidential information, such as credit card numbers, street address or Social Security/National Identity numbers, without their express authorization and permission.
* Violence and Threats: You may not publish or post direct, specific threats of violence against others.
* Copyright: We will respond to clear and complete notices of alleged copyright infringement. Our copyright procedures are set forth in the DMCA Guidelines.
* Unlawful Use: You may not use our service for any unlawful purposes or for promotion of illegal activities. International users agree to comply with all local laws regarding online conduct and acceptable content.
* Sexually Explicit Material: Nudity and other forms of sexually explicit material is never okay. Violations of these types can end in permanent suspension.

That's it and I did NONE of those things on my stream today. :(
Who cares about twitch. Let them burn. It's all about ustream now.

You guys who didn't catch the Spartan Show the first night missed out. What is on now isn't special or magical, the first night was. It was random, came out of left field, and mind boggling awesome. Some dude turns on his PS4 to stream his controller mod to some buds and it just snowballs. He starts taking phone calls from random people and the channel exploded. It was surreal.

Then it just dragged on and on and went no where. It was a totally different vibe the first time.

Delio

You guys who didn't catch the Spartan Show the first night missed out. What is on now isn't special or magical, the first night was. It was random, came out of left field, and mind boggling awesome. Some dude turns on his PS4 to stream his controller mod to some buds and it just snowballs. He starts taking phone calls from random people and the channel exploded. It was surreal.

Then it just dragged on and on and went no where. It was a totally different vibe the first time.

Give someone their five mins of fame and they just keep going :/

shink

Yeah it got old pretty fast when he's just taking calls, saying hello, thanks for calling and trying to get Jimmy Fallon on.

He's likable, just a shame there is nothing of interest to keep watching.

iboUMFWvBnsaYI.gif

i2V5XTGS6RZNJ.gif

Top Bottom