• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

People believe the earth is flat

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i've been hearing about this group called Flat Earth Society where they think the world is flat. They have some compelling arguments despite being ridiculous of course. I've heard a lot of crazy things but does anyone here believe the earth is really flat? I mean just looking at the moon will give you a good clue.

WaterAstro

So i've been hearing about this group called Flat Earth Society where they think the world is flat. They have some compelling arguments despite being ridiculous of course. I've heard a lot of crazy things but does anyone here believe the earth is really flat? I mean just looking at the moon will give you a good clue.

Obviously the Moon revolves around the flat Earth. DUUUUUUUH!!!

Chesskid1

Banned
HuB0qX2.png

I've read quite a bit of the flat earth society and while they have a bunch of bullshit answers for things like why the earth looks curved at high altitudes and the curvature of the moon the one argument they simply have never been able to make up an answer for is the star maps changing depending on where you are in the world. There's literally no way to explain away a flat earth when the stars are different in each part of the earth.

They should all go back to grade school to learn geometry.

Hell, they should just go back to school period. Would love to see the venn diagram of the folks who think the world is flat and the folks who go "well my father ain't a monkey!" to dismiss evolution.

Crayolan

Conspiracy theorists who choose to reject science and/or common logic exist for pretty much everything you can think of. Best to just ignore them.

ChawlieTheFair

pip pip cheerio you slags!
To say they have compelling arguments is giving way too much credit to them. The only recognition they deserve is laughter and education.

I've read quite a bit of the flat earth society and while they have a bunch of bullshit answers for things like why the earth looks curved at high altitudes and the curvature of the moon the one argument they simply have never been able to make up an answer for is the star maps changing depending on where you are in the world. There's literally no way to explain away a flat earth when the stars are different in each part of the earth.
Stars are projected onto the sky by the government.

studyguy

These people include nutjobs like Tila Tequila who is apparently doing nothing but going on super offensive racist rants on twitter now so...

They just aren't playing with a full deck.

menacin

Banned
maybe in a weird way we are on one axis of a flat plane in which if we keep walking one way we will see things we have never seen before.

Popstar

If the Moon was a rotating sphere you should be able to see different parts of it as it rotates but it always looks the same.

What makes more sense, that it somehow magically rotates at the exact same rate it revolves or that it's a flat disc? #OccamsRazor

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
I would have said it's more rippled then flat.

FStop7

Banned
Last time we had a thread about this topic someone claimed to believe in the flat earth to the point of a meltdown. If it was a trolling it was very convincing.

Lmao

dDgMB3mmijt88ll5NFOlhL_k3FwBG4VgQBzpcU_TrkmnQX3wlUHFCqYRmN6ZyubRixb7n_6yUGtokQ0M57i0gugD00w4abTlJC_CgrSKsOdh1LZ0tyOQqKGm=w384-h384-nc

This is the world map according to flat earthers. What logic and bullshit reason do they use to excuse why airplanes that fly from South America to Australia chose to fly directly to the west instead of through the North Pole? In a globe the shortest path is west but if the earth was flat the shortest would be north. How do they explain this?

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Don't know how legit that is but its funny

I...but...

*explodes*

Lmao

dDgMB3mmijt88ll5NFOlhL_k3FwBG4VgQBzpcU_TrkmnQX3wlUHFCqYRmN6ZyubRixb7n_6yUGtokQ0M57i0gugD00w4abTlJC_CgrSKsOdh1LZ0tyOQqKGm=w384-h384-nc

This is the world map according to flat earthers. What logic and bullshit reason do they use to excuse why airplanes that fly from South America to Australia chose to fly directly to the west instead of through the North Pole? In a globe the shortest path is west but if the earth was flat the shortest would be north. How do they explain this?
dozens.gif

Matthew23

What is their argument for the day/night cycle being different in the various parts of the world? Wouldn't it be daytime pretty much everywhere at the same time if the world was flat?

Lmao

Well duh, obviously the white pizza crust teleports you to the other side. Its why you get jet lag.

Like in old video games where you exit the screen on one side and appear on the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom