• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

People with skin |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

yencid

captmcblack said:
Tell that to some of your women, man. DR's got some fire, but my experience with DR women has been pretty lulzy so far. Then again, all of the Dominican chicks I've tried to talk to so far have been in/from the Bronx, so maybe I'm just too Brooklyn to appeal. :lol

Anyway, going through this thread I'm amazed at how much of the food I eat/drink still to this day. I wake up with a cup of Bustelo every goddamn morning, no joke.
:lol :lol It seems that its a grudge that Dominicans will hold even if they never lived through the history :p

dont worry, i still loves you :D

Zeke

I went to Carls Jr. last week and these guys showed up and started playing inside the resturant :lol
nbfc7n.jpg

yencid

Zeke said:
I went to Carls Jr. last week and these guys showed up and started playing inside the resturant :lol
nbfc7n.jpg
as long as they arent amateurs in the train im good. I seriously hate that shit.

Boogie9IGN said:
Did anyone else watch ¿Qué Pasa, USA? I loved that show's reruns when I was growing up in Miami. It was a sitcom about a Cuban family adjusting to life in Miami's Little Havana. First bilingual sitcom ever I think
My mom and I used to watch this show when I was younger. The grandma was great and it also had a young Steven Bauer (Manolo from Scarface).

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
captmcblack said:
Tell that to some of your women, man. DR's got some fire, but my experience with DR women has been pretty lulzy so far. Then again, all of the Dominican chicks I've tried to talk to so far have been in/from the Bronx, so maybe I'm just too Brooklyn to appeal. :lol

Anyway, going through this thread I'm amazed at how much of the food I eat/drink still to this day. I wake up with a cup of Bustelo every goddamn morning, no joke.
Me too, so don't even sweat it. It's well known that Dominican women are the worst ever in the world and should be avoided at all cost.*

However, I know for sure you are a fan of our innate baseball abilities.

*Except for my mom, she is the best

yencid

Wellington said:
Me too, so don't even sweat it. It's well known that Dominican women are the worst ever in the world and should be avoided at all cost.*

However, I know for sure you are a fan of our innate baseball abilities.

you want us to get it with your moms? whut?

Boogie9IGN said:
Has anyone mentioned Walter Mercado?!
walter.jpg

Oh hell no you did not. :lol

My late grandmother used to watch this guy and I never understood what the hell he was about at seven years old. I liked him, though, for whatever reason.

Boogie9IGN

Gooster said:
Oh hell no you did not. :lol

My late grandmother used to watch this guy and I never understood what the hell he was about at seven years old. I liked him, though, for whatever reason.

Yep! I would hear 'Caaaaaapricornio' and look up but I was too young to follow wtf he was saying :lol

Wellington said:
Any of you guys like bachata? Well, I basically grew up listening to Juan Luis Guerra and he put out a new song, Bachata En Fukuoka. It is... so beast.

You know I usually hate bachata, and whenever I hear one from Juan Luis Guerra I'm like DAMN. THIS MAN IS A MUSICAL GENIUS. I mean back in the day bachata was considered dirty brothel music and this guy makes it sound like a fucking symphony. His is the only bachata I enjoy and approve.

Also, Bachata en Fukuoka is probably the best bachata song/video I've heard in my life. Seriously. I wonder how popular he is in Japan.

Speaking of Japan and Caribbean music, anyone remember La Orquesta de la Luz?

Orquesta+de+la+Luz.jpg

Japanese salsa band who played better than lots of salseros out there. And they could barely even speak Spanish!

ReiGun said:
That's unfortunate. For me, there just weren't enough Hispanic kids or even people in my grade school years for that to be an issue. Now that I think about it, that kinda sucked because I didn't get any real exposure to the culture outside of textbooks. I think I had my first, confirmed, hispanic classmate in 9th grade. Like, I know there are Hispanic people in Baltimore, but for some reason I was never in class with them. :/

On a happier note: Seriously, some of the food in this thread looks delicious. Hook a brother up with some recipies. :lol
Yeaaaahhh, sorry I can't help with the recipes. We only make the food. We never write down recipes for anything.:lol

The school exposure to hispanics you had is crazy. I can't say that I've never dealt with it myself though(The first asian/white person I talked with regularly were both around 10th grade).
Wellington said:

Dominican women...are just special. I don't think they're bad, I just think that they are really hard to handle.

I can't deny that they are fucking gorgeous most of the time, but they are really hard to handle...
AVclub said:
This has nothing to do with skin color.

If you like a particular genre of music or tv, a style of food, or even a religion, I see no problem in creating threads for those things. It just seems wrong to setup an official thread for a race and start using a different language in it. Rather than sharing culture with others, you are intentionally excluding people from the discussion by having jokes at their expense in a language you think they can't understand (as with the T-shirt picture).

I've seen threads here about different countries, regions, and cultures before. We've had Muslim-GAF and Euro-GAF and that's fine because it's understood that different races of people can participate. However, "HispaniGaf" is about being Hispanic. It reinforces the point by putting a language not everyone knows right in the subject.

If this was a thread about GAFers in Mexico or Spain or Cuba, it would be different. Because anyone can live in those areas and doesn't have to be born Hispanic.

But that isn't the case. I look at this thread and it feels like a private club where people who aren't born into a certain race are outsiders. On a public discussion forum, that sends the wrong message, in my opinion.
Post some more hispanic people and food because nothing good will come from this.
:lol

newsguy

Trip Warhawkins said:
How come Walter Mercado's not a meme after all these years? Even Don Ramón has a place in Memetasia.

This is an excellent point. Let's get the ball rolling!!!!!!!!

2nk51l.jpg

I was making dinner just now and I realized I think the thread should be the Official HispaniGaf Thread of Espirte, Vaporru y Adobo ;)

SaintZ

I don't why this demure beauty and excelent singer writer hasn't popped in this thread. A truly world phenomenon. La tigresa del Oriente:

la-tigresa-del-oriente.jpg

Leunam

newsguy said:
This is an excellent point. Let's get the ball rolling!!!!!!!!

2nk51l.jpg

:lol :lol :lol

I always had to wait since he gave my horoscope last (pisces). Didn't he used to be at the end of Primer Impacto or something? And for some reason, I always associated him with Cristina.

Comment to av club:

dude, don't feel that way, if I were near to you I'd get you some tacos or whatever you like and have a nice chat, don't take it the wrong way, we're havin fun here. Mostly comments in Spanish are just poking fun or things that don't translate well to English, and we don't mean offense to anyone, much less exclusion. So come in and have fun!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Walter Mercado. Omg. :lol :lol

Leunam, I believe he still appears in Primer Impacto.

AVclub, I can understand your concerns, but honestly, I find it very harmless and it's an entertaining thread which brings back a lot of my childhood memories plus current ones. Never on GAF would I have imagined discussing all of this and it's a great feeling. I think you'd be cool with it if it was renamed a different way. Either way, I have no beef with your overall opinion and can respect it. Also, when did you get Junior'd?

newsguy

SuperAngelo64 said:
Would be funnier if he actually was a Cancer.

Actually, the way I created it was as him saying that to the camera, it's not about him. On the show he does the dramatic turn and says the sign, then talks about it.

I'm sorry but I made a template, it's not my intention to fill hispanigaf-age with Walter memes so if you think a separate thread would be appropriate please say so, if not, join the fun!

33tpc9j.jpg

-
newsguy's original masterpiece :lol

348frrs.jpg

Linky to template

Harpuia

Zeke said:
my mom told me when I was kid my grandma would rub an egg on me or take me to a curandero anyone else ever do that?

My mom did this to us when we were gravely sick. ALWAYS worked. I don't know how, but fucking shit works. :lol

yencid

HOLY SHIT WTF! my friend on facebook just found the template and uploaded something on her facebook for me! :lol

if you are on memegenerator under Walter and you read one that's directed towards Gabriel... that was to me, what a coincidence! :lol :lol

Zeke

Harpuia said:
My mom did this to us when we were gravely sick. ALWAYS worked. I don't know how, but fucking shit works. :lol
I got the treatment whenever my mom or grandmother thought someone gave me the evil eye :lol

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did you guys check out the right side of the link of the template???
It has Sonic fucking tails doggystyle with the tagline, "Sonic please stop!!!"

-x.Red.x-

Zeke said:
my mom told me when I was kid my grandma would rub an egg on me or take me to a curandero anyone else ever do that?
YUP my mom now grandma does that to my nieces when they are scared or they feel bad.

it actually works
but lets not derail the thread plox

yencid

-x.Red.x- said:
YUP my mom now grandma does that to my nieces when they are scared or they feel bad.

it actually works
but lets not derail the thread plox
the thread doesnt have a set course though, same way as the "hispanic paradox" thread we discuss the culture as a whole. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom