• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pepsi to debut a cinnamon flavored cola dubbed "Pepsi "Fire"

gutshot

Pepsi_Fire_Can_12oz.jpg

Pepsi will launch a cinnamon-flavoured limited edition, dubbed Pepsi Fire, later this month.

The new soda will be available from May 22 nationwide for an eight-week period.

It will be available in 20 oz. bottles and 12-oz. can 12-packs at all major retail stores.

A limited edition Pepsi Fire Slurpee drink will be exclusively available at participating 7-Eleven stores across the country till June end.

Pepsi Marketing director Lauren Cohen said: "Summer is one of the most anticipated times of the year, and Pepsi Fire is going to ignite this season with an unexpected and spicy twist to our classic cola taste.

"We know Pepsi fans love spending time on Snapchat, and we are excited to offer them a chance to Snap their way to one of one-thousand gaming consoles, a trip to Lollapalooza or a CONAN show meet-and-greet."

Select Pepsi brand packaging will feature Snapcode that can unlock a range of exclusive Snapchat features, such as unique Lenses, Geofilters and a new Pepsi mobile game.

The company has also announced that this exclusive Pepsi content and features can be unlocked by Snapchatters by pointing the Snapchat camera on the on-pack Snapcode and scanning it.

Consumers can unlock the mobile game and enter sweepstakes where everyday 10 lucky people can win big ticket items such as hard to find new gaming consoles, festival fly-away experiences and chances to attend taping of TBS's CONAN plus meet-and-greet.

http://softdrinks.drinks-business-r...-flavoured-summer-beverage-fire-in-us-5813514

RRockman

Banned
This is like mixing Chocolate Syrup and lemonade. These are two good things that don't belong together.

Can I get a Pepsiman Alt. Costume of this?

Busty

Banned
Even as someone who could literally count the number of cans of juice/soda he drinks in a year on one hand I am interested in this product.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
I won't knock it til I try it. I doubt pepsi is going to release a flavor, nowadays, without having 1000s of pe----

---nvm this is the pepsi that just released that commercial.

I can't quite imagine it. I've had cola with bite, and good ginger beer that had a nice spiciness to it but I can't imagine how cinnamon flavored pepsi would work.

There was a Jolly Rancher cinnamon soda. Not bad. I don't understand why people think it would be disgusting. Cinnamon candy is a popular thing, and soda is just liquid candy. Even with a cola blend, there are ginger colas, holiday spice colas, etc. People are reacting to this like it's ranch dressing flavor or something.

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
There was a Jolly Rancher cinnamon soda. Not bad. I don't understand why people think it would be disgusting. Cinnamon candy is a popular thing, and soda is just liquid candy. Even with a cola blend, there are ginger colas, holiday spice colas, etc. People are reacting to this like it's ranch dressing flavor or something.

And cola already has a cinnamon-y taste. This probably just tastes a bit stronger than a regular one.

hydruxo

Basically exists for mixed drinks and that's it. I can't imagine people will willingly drink this straight lol.

This is currently wasting a slot at my local Slurpee machine, replacing black cherry Pepsi which was surprisingly not awful despite still being labeled as Pepsi. Refuse to touch it, and its existence horrifies me. It's getting warmer and I rely on the variety there! Not amused.

Top Bottom