• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pepsi to debut a cinnamon flavored cola dubbed "Pepsi "Fire"

Every now and then I'll add a few drops of cinnamon extract to a bottle of coke. It's almost a religious experience, and it blends well because I'm pretty sure cinnamon is already used as a flavoring in coke so you're just adding to that.

So I was interested in this when I saw it... but meh. It's like watered down pepsi with a weak cinnamon candy taste added in. Thoroughly underwhelming.

greycolumbus

The success of others absolutely infuriates me.
Was hoping for something like Holiday Spice but this is pretty gross. It tastes okay at first but once it becomes anywhere near lukewarm it's just yucky. The cinnamon tastes oddly artificial and doesn't gel with the cola flavor.

It's like if atomic fireballs just stewed in Pepsi overnight.

This was nowhere near as good as their holiday spice flavor. Low effort. Should have gone with a strong Pepsi taste with a hint of cinnamon, not fireball soaking in a tub of water.

louiedog

Just bought this the other day.

It's the first soft drink I've ever sipped once and dumped the rest. Horrible.

You've never been to The World of Coke or Italy I take it...

FXgX2je.jpg

Gave it a shot today and it was predictably terrible. Weird that I could picture exactly what it was gonna taste like ahead of time yet I still bought it.

noquarter

I actually like this. I'm not a fan of Pepsi, or most dark colas (though I do like Coke with popcorn or other salty snacks once in awhile)

Thought it tasted like Cinnamon bears, not as hot as a hot tamale and still sweet like Pepsi. Have a twelve pack and will probably have it for awhile, so will be nice to drink one of these once every couple weeks.

KSweeley

Just got a bottle of Pepsi Fire from my local CVS and this Pepsi tastes very weird. It has a cinnamon aftertaste but the taste when the soda is in my mouth is very weird.

Who thought of putting cinnamon in Pepsi????

Dishwalla

Banned
Wal-Mart Neighborhood Markets have 12 packs of this, in case anyone was still looking for it and hadn't found it yet. Haven't seen it at the Supercenters yet though.

The more I drink, the more I like them. Room temperature or even warmer is definitely the way to go. I may just have to pick up another 12 pack from Walmart.

Zubz

Banned
I actually didn't mind it, but everyone who said it's just a non-alcoholic Fireball was pretty on the nose, especially from a guy who has cut Fireball with Pepsi before.

I'd rather they just bring back Crystal Pepsi, Pepsi Twist, or one of these other flavors people seem to be liking that I've never actually tried, though.

Found some at a gas station. It's not bad. I totally get the Fireball comparisons. First drink I took I thought the cough syrup comparison was kinda apt, but nah, after a bit more I warmed up to it and don't think it tastes like that. Though like Fireball I can sorta see where some could think so. I dunno if I'd get more in the future, but it's okay.

First sip I hated it. Then as I kept going through the bottle, it tasted like a regular pepsi with the aftertaste of a stick of Big Red gum. Not bad, but nothing I feel compelled to seek out again.

turnbuckle

Don't drink pop often but my roommate gave me a can and I liked it.
Then he gave me the rest of his twelve pack because he hated it.

Looks like I'm one of the few people I'm existence that actually likes it, though I wouldn't spend my money in it

It's probably the worst soda I've ever drank. I love Pepsi products (my go to is Pepsi Max) but couldn't even stomach more than a few sips of this abomination.

Top Bottom