• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 3 |OT| The Numbers Keep Coming – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rokam

Great premiere, hoping Carter brings Fusco into her investigation. John's one liners were fantastic. And Amy Acker is nailing the crazy.

Nobility

Banned
Gotdamn.

How is this possible, Root is even crazier this season.
Faj0RtN.png

Shaw learning from the best about how to handle the kneecaps.
irfjJ7ZhymPxM.png

That ending scene!

i3t2HABeqH8D4.gif

Loved the new intro and the far-ranging machine capabilities.

Ducarmel

Anybody think another angle to Root situation is she is hallucinating/crazy and not really talking to The Machine?

You can argue she really is talking to the machine since she had so much info on the psychiatrist, but Root is a hacker she could have gained access to this info on her own with the right equipment and clever social engineering.

rakhir

No, it was clear at the end of last season that she heard the Machine, and the graphics at the end of this one show her as an asset (there was a cool title for her, don't remember what).

Tamanon

Banned
She was referred to as an "Analog Interface" which is extremely weird. I dunno if she's really talking to the machine, because otherwise why would she need the phone to communicate with it(which is how she must've gotten the doctor's information along with everyone else's during her stay there).

It seems she has much more access to the machine's data though than Harold does. Maybe the machine is trying to use her as kinda a backup in the real world, fueling a god complex by telling her she can be god. All I know is she is creeping me out and I love it.

Spl1nter

Interesting start to the season compared to the more over-arching plots of the previous start and end of the last season.

Maybe they will have more balance between person of the week and story arc this season instead of the 3 episode segments of each they did last season.

Pretty hard to tell where they plan to take it, but excited for the ride.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
As usual for CBS shows, has more viewers than the only other show on (Chicago Fire) but lost the "demo" that people care about (2.8-2.3). But, will continue on, if only for Syndication purposes. Still weired out by people openly hoping for POI's cancellation on the rating boards, but it's the internet, so shouldn't be too surprised, right?

Images of the Machine's thought processes at the end of last night. Prediction in 3 lines (Yellow, Blue, Red - Same as the boxes around Assets and threats)

Will say, it's hard to read on that image, but there's a line in yellow noting: "Marriage/Procreation: 0.04% Retasking to Non-Relevant" Also other lines like Mass Casualty Events, Aux-Admins, Asset Captures

Earlier in the episode:
Analog Interface (couldn't get an image showing the title and the new box (Black lines with Yellow markings)

Can see the same predictive diagram happening at the top of the screen

Lonestar

and I'm starting to understand more about the scene at the end, and "The Argument"

The Machine is trying to see if it can change the possible results itself, rather than just saying to an asset: "this is what's going to happen if things just play out."

Which is just another creepy possibility of where things are going in the show.

Also, just remembered that "Trevor" was literally a TINY role. Which is disappointing. That voice and his mannerisms are crazy, and would like to see him in more things.

Wiktor

As usual for CBS shows, has more viewers than the only other show on (Chicago Fire) but lost the "demo" that people care about (2.8-2.3). But, will continue on, if only for Syndication purposes. Still weired out by people openly hoping for POI's cancellation on the rating boards, but it's the internet, so shouldn't be too surprised, right?
Wait, what? Why would anyone hope for it's cancelation? Wtf?

Also..this is CBS, they care less about demos than other networks as their audience generally skewers older. As long as it keeps up the huge overall numbers I don't think we have much to worry about.

Lonestar

Wait, what? Why would anyone hope for it's cancelation? Wtf?

Also..this is CBS, they care less about demos than other networks as their audience generally skewers older. As long as it keeps up the huge overall numbers I don't think we have much to worry about.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/09/25/tv-ratings-tuesday-marvels-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-opens-strong-the-voice-down-from-premiere-dads-declines-lucky-7-flops/204756/

Scattered through the comments, for evidence that even the dredges of humanity can have internet access.

Baskcm

just finished the first episode of season 3 soooo damn good.

Also i expect reese to at least hit 20 kneecaps this season.

LNBL

Haha wauw, that guy that gets the girl in the bar looks so much like Trevor from gta 5. Think i've been playing that game for too long

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
This show, THIS SHOW. We're back PoI bros.

Haha wauw, that guy that gets the girl in the bar looks so much like Trevor from gta 5. Think i've been playing that game for too long

But it is Trevor.

Leeness

That was so great <3 I missed this show.

Also...has Root always referred to the Machine as "she"? I thought she referred to it as male the other two seasons.

Sober

That was so great <3 I missed this show.

Also...has Root always referred to the Machine as "she"? I thought she referred to it as male the other two seasons.
I definitely remember during my rewatch Root definitely called The Machine a "she" in Zero Hour/God Mode. Don't think she really mentioned it during S1 (the finale) or during the S2 premiere. Maybe I'll go back and check.

Leeness

I definitely remember during my rewatch Root definitely called The Machine a "she" in Zero Hour/God Mode. Don't think she really mentioned it during S1 (the finale) or during the S2 premiere. Maybe I'll go back and check.

Huh! For some reason, I thought she called it a he. It just stuck out to me this episode that she was referring to it as "she" haha.

Didn't get to watch last night, but I just saw the premier.

FUCK YES, BOYS AND GIRLS, WE ARE MOTHERFUCKING BACK.

Ok, great episode. The POI of the week was another gold-hearted do-gooder, but no worries on that front. Now, loved that Carter's stepping into the grey-grey. Keeping Elias alive? Having an alliance with him? Taking a run at HR off-the-books? She is learning from John well. I think he knows about Elias after looking at his handwriting.

Shaw as part of the team is awesome. Badass-Sexy. That shot through the brick wall, in the arm, in the dark? Beautiful.

And Fusco! Amish Fusco! Bomb Defusal Fusco! Sensitive Partner Fusco! He's the best. I don't think Reese walking away was him giving no fucks, that was Reese confident enough to let Fusco handle the situation cause he believes in him. Boom.

But wait, what about where Fusco is now? There's that other IA guy still after Fusco about the other dead IA guy.

Oh, and Root. My God, she's gotten creepier and scarier since she's been in the asylum. Which also makes her sexier to me. This is really, really weird, right? But man, Amy was looking good in those patient clothes. Her verbal teardown at the end with the doctor, ending with the threat and the fear... that was awesome. And what the hell is the Machine up to?

Also, another bro-tastic moment between Finch and Reese at the end with the boilermaker. Awesome.

Also, Root calling the Machine a "she". I found that really interesting. While the Machine's ID was a man's (Ernest Thornhill), it of course doesn't have a gender... so why does Root refer to it as a "she"? Personification?

Lol the GTA V / POI crossover. At least I'm sure.

Oh shit. Didn't even realize, but yeah. Awesome.

Was that really Steven Ogg?
Now an open world Person of Interest game needs to happen.

Said before, but yeah, pretty much Watch_Dogs. But I'm gonna pretend WD and POI are in the same universe at the moment.

Man, fuck those people. They can fuck right off.

I know the numbers were lower this year, but I thought it being paired with NCIS would be really big. This isn't gonna be a problem, right?

Also, Root calling the Machine a "she". I found that really interesting. While the Machine's ID was a man's (Ernest Thornhill), it of course doesn't have a gender... so why does Root refer to it as a "she"? Personification?

The voices on the phone that spoke to Root in the finale were predominantly female while the ones speaking to Reese were male.

Will say, it's hard to read on that image, but there's a line in yellow noting: "Marriage/Procreation: 0.04% Retasking to Non-Relevant" Also other lines like Mass Casualty Events, Aux-Admins, Asset Captures

Those were the machines estimations of the likely outcome for Root, right? One of the results was Global Thermonuclear War.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom