• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 3 |OT| The Numbers Keep Coming – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, POI needed the last part of last night to happen. While the CaseOfTheWeek for both weeks have been ok, it felt a bit off compared to last season.

Really hope we come up with a Control vs Decima vs Super Anonymous vs HR vs Elias action, with the F&R BFF Club making sure they gonna get this work.

Watch the season end with Reese and Finch tricking all these assholes into killing each other in a glorious bloodbath

derFeef

I am not liking those first two episodes :(
Hope it picks up. Don't really know what's wrong with it (or me?) but something is missing.

hanzo

Banned
What kind of hotel lets you shoot people and no one hears it? How many times can Reese get shot and survive?

derFeef

What kind of hotel lets you shoot people and no one hears it? How many times can Reese get shot and survive?

Yeah, stuff like that. I would tolerate them in other shows, but POI has been pretty consistent in the first two seasons with the "realism" - do they have new writers? Reese clearly did not wear a vest, but then suddenly, OH HEY I HAD A VEST AFTER ALL!

Also Shaw tries too hard to look badass, or the actress I mean.

Wiktor

Yeah, stuff like that. I would tolerate them in other shows, but POI has been pretty consistent in the first two seasons with the "realism" - do they have new writers? Reese clearly did not wear a vest, but then suddenly, OH HEY I HAD A VEST AFTER ALL!

Reese always wears vest.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion

Also Shaw tries too hard to look badass, or the actress I mean.

yeah, Reese is always wearing a vest.

Now, if you were to mention the magic car controlling ECU, then yeah, that's not real. Same deal as the Billionaire's car last season (though that was more like making the brakes non-functional, which is different than outright taking control of the steering).

Tamanon

Banned
I think Reese has a very thin, lightweight vest on at all times. It's why he gets knocked down for so long when getting shot, plus he broke a rib.

The cast was at Paley Fest yesterday (minus Taraji cause... I dunno)

1382015_668576236508055_282048_n.jpg

Wonder if there's video of this.

Linius

That was a pretty great episode. Liked the reveal of a new movement for this season. Also wondering what Quinn got planned for Carter this season and if the rookie really is an honest rookie.

PsychBat!

Banned
That was a pretty great episode. Liked the reveal of a new movement for this season. Also wondering what Quinn got planned for Carter this season and if the rookie really is an honest rookie.

I feel like Season 3 will be very different from the previous two seasons. Season 1 was when Reese and Finch weren't exactly in the dark about events unfolding around them but they also did not have a perfect understanding of why things were happening. (Example: Elias and Root) But hey, they only started out.

Season 2 brought the dangers of the overarching story closer to the light but try as Reese and Finch might, they were limited by being reactionary instead of preventive. (As to why that was, most of the troubles were caused by the machine unable to read movements and actions in time and numbers were being produced between days at a time).

Now that Season 3 is here, Reese and Finch are dealing with things more proactively and cautiously (very cautiously). They know the threats they've faced before while dealing with new ones. They have a sturdy paddle up that creek, for how long is up to them.

The first two episodes, so good! Lost 2 millions viewers? Time when episode broadcast change? Or people did not like the finale?

My prediction on the organization and a further main story
it is created by the "Machine", when it was release into the modern society, as a free entity, not being in controlled anymore, where practically everyone has some sorts of data on them online or in the database. This machine is practically everywhere, knows everything, well almost everything there is about Earth. Now this "Machine" is playing God amongst humans, where, Root is being trained as the leader of the organization by the machine, while the Machine also is controlling every single possible threat that makes it so that it power any less, for example Lifetrace, by using the organization it created. Like for example, when it started a fake company to write it owns code to have some memory from the day before, it was evolving.

Now, you would say why would the Machine would create the organization, and then give the number to people for the person who got killed in episode 2. Well, the machine has some sort of connection with it creator, so there is that one possibly that machine has two state, two faces, not necessarily good or evil, but more diverged among the choices they choose. Another thing is that Machine is able to argue with root, meaning it can makes choices.

That is my take on it, it could be completely right or wrong depending which level I was in Nolans' mind. OR maybe some random form of data is stuck in my head by reading gaf all day, or I am just babbling...
Peace.

Sober

Tonight is probably going to be awesome and hilarious.

"Lady Killer"
To get close to a playboy who stalks and kills women, Reese and Finch bring in Carter, Zoe, and Sam to get close to him.

Tamanon

Banned
Fusco going to get a lot of tail complaining about drink prices.

And that's at least pretty accurate modern club music for once.

Shaw lookin' angry as always.

Lonestar

Fusco going to get a lot of tail complaining about drink prices.

And that's at least pretty accurate modern club music for once.

Shaw lookin' angry as always.

almost like she got angrier that the killer passed her up.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Watch out, Root has escaped.

"Mr. Reese, we have a problem" You certainly do.

Tamanon

Banned
That was an awesome scene. So damn clinical.

Machine apparently doesn't want her to kill anyone.

"Mr Reese, we have a problem" is a pretty big understatement.

Tamanon

Banned
So weird, not really a preview, but more like a commercial advertised as a preview. Wonder if that means it's going to be a heavy mythology episode and they don't want to give it away.

Lonestar

So weird, not really a preview, but more like a commercial advertised as a preview. Wonder if that means it's going to be a heavy mythology episode and they don't want to give it away.

nice thinking, but it could be a "this is what the show is about, please watch"

Stupid ratings, stupid move, stupid late time, stupid firefighters

hanzo

Banned

That preview had that 80s VoiceOver guy that did previews for a team. Sounded old. GreAt episode.

PsychBat!

Banned
Was disappointed by two things on this episode.

No detailed preview (as detailed as it was usually)
Not enough Fusco.

Otherwise, decent number of the week episode. Loved it. I was hoping for more risky moments but seeing Root vs Hersh was very satisfying, I thought he was going to die.

Reese, Finch, Shaw, Carter, Fusco, Zoe and Bear will always be referred to as "Team Kneecap" from now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom