• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 3 |OT| The Numbers Keep Coming – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

I had to stop reading comments on the site because of people like that fucking Rob guy.
He says the same stuff about anything popular(Fringe among many others.)
He is a Gray's Anatomy fanboy who is still bitchy about when POI was doing better than it.

I had to stop reading comments on the site because of people like that fucking Rob guy.
He says the same stuff about anything popular(Fringe among many others.)
He is a Gray's Anatomy fanboy who is still bitchy about when POI was doing better than it.

Ugh. POI is superior to most Network TV as it is. Some people just can't stand it.

Holy shit. This is amazing.

I didn't even recognise fusco at the start. Great episode to kick things off. I do however now have a need to try a boilermaker.

The only Fusco better than Amish Fusco is Max Payne Fusco.

imuYy1mCeYfC3.gif

Linius

Comic looks great. Love to see an original story in that style, 10/10 would buy! :p

Anyways, finally watched the premier. Due to me watching this with my mum I'll be late every week I guess. Great episode anyways. Loved to see everyone back in action. Some cool line by Reese as usual. Shaw is fucking badass. And Root is as scary as Shaw is a badass.

Oh and Steve Ogg, that was hilarious :lol

Sober

New episode tonight, but GAF it's slowly being destroyed it seems.

"Nothing to Hide"

While Reese tries to protect the newest Number, an Internet entrepreneur with a stalker, Finch sends Carter, Fusco, and Sam to find the stalker. Meanwhile, Carter learns to live with her new partner now that she's been demoted to street cop.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
New evil organization, built off of anti-NSA/spying. Should present problems for Finch if they ever find out about him or the machine.

The POI was a douche, but finally understood the damage his company could cause, and then boom, murdered. Great acting change up by that collier dude.

Fuck yeah. New villains! Another group of vigilantes, but quite willing to straight up humiliate and murder. Basically Anonymous who have decided to go out and act. Nice. Though douchey of Collier to shoot John considering John... didn't really do anything.

How long are the rookie's chances of survival? Is he in with HR? Quinn's still running around, that dude's always paranoid. What about Fusco's plan with HR? So many questions.

Also, Shaw is sexy as fuck. Seriously.

Wait a minute. When did it start? D:

Last week!

Damn..I didn't expect that. And damn when this organization discovers the existence of machine.

They'll go nuclear!

Ducarmel

I was to tired to comment yesterday, I thought the episode was a little boring until the secret organization revealed itself in the end. Even though it's kinda too convenient/coincidence that this number happened to also reveal a conspiracy the writers did a good job mixing the number of the week with what looks like this seasons main story.

Sober

I was to tired to comment yesterday, I thought the episode was a little boring until the secret organization revealed itself in the end. Even though it's kinda too convenient/coincidence that this number happened to also reveal a conspiracy the writers did a good job mixing the number of the week with what looks like this seasons main story.
PRISM also technically exists in the show's universe, so Super Anonymous are likely a reaction to that than anything else.

Ducarmel

That is probably the most likely reason they exist.

Maybe I am thinking way to much about it but The Machine is now free to do what ever it wants, I wish it would reveal its motivation more. Was that number given to Finch on purpose so they can find out about these new bad guys or was it just another number to pop up.

Because that seems like a number The Machine is programmed to give to the feds if it was aware that this group out there is targeting companies and govt interest in surveillance technology.

There were similar episodes like this last year, The Machine getting a number that can be seen as terrorist like activity but is given to Finch instead of the govt.

I know the machine can't know everything, Root managed to fool The Machine. But this group coordinated its efforts to screw this guy The Machine must had to know more or this group is doing a good job hiding it self.

Lonestar

Maybe I am thinking way to much about it but The Machine is now free to do what ever it wants, I wish it would reveal its motivation more. Was that number given to Finch on purpose so they can find out about these new bad guys or was it just another number to pop up.

Because that seems like a number The Machine is programmed to give to the feds if it was aware that this group out there is targeting companies and govt interest in surveillance technology.

There were similar episodes like this last year, The Machine getting a number that can be seen as terrorist like activity but is given to Finch instead of the govt.

I know the machine can't know everything, Root managed to fool The Machine. But this group coordinated its efforts to screw this guy The Machine must had to know more or this group is doing a good job hiding it self.

Tricky grey area. Think since they kept it to a single person, it didn't fall into the "mass casualty" list that the relevant list is for. If this group goes on a bigger scale, then yeah.

Though, not sure it ever sent the government anything on Decima last season.

Tamanon

Banned
Also, they might not've done anything to observe that would've let the machine know their plans. I mean, if they're obsessed with privacy and seem to be technically advanced, they might have ways to really protect their information. The perfect enemy of the machine.

Lonestar

Also, they might not've done anything to observe that would've let the machine know their plans. I mean, if they're obsessed with privacy and seem to be technically advanced, they might have ways to really protect their information. The perfect enemy of the machine.

Thinking back to the whole "sent packages through mail processors" bit. Perhaps they're hiding their digital footprint by hiding it through a bunch of proxies, which is Finch-like, moreso than the Unabomber/Cut Off from Society way (like Alicia from Season 1).

Ducarmel

Tricky grey area. Think since they kept it to a single person, it didn't fall into the "mass casualty" list that the relevant list is for. If this group goes on a bigger scale, then yeah.

Though, not sure it ever sent the government anything on Decima last season.

I might be remembering it wrong but the numbers don't necessarily have to lead to mass murder. The first demonstration of the machine to the govt was tracking an official who was selling information to the enemy. Yeah you can say the information sold could of lead to a major terrorist attack but an attack did not appear to be imminent. But I think the threat for that number was the selling of classified info.

It can be argued a company that gathers, interprets, and sells information is a valuable asset to the feds.

hanzo

Banned
wow, that secret organization. Something is up with Carter's partner.

Is this episode based on the Lifelock CEO? He had his SS# up everywhere and identity theft happened to him.

StuBurns

Banned
I wasn't crazy about the first episode back, but I liked the second one more. Also Carter got dat next level frame, dayum.

I think there was more to it than just the CEO, so I agree with you. Collier even says that the plan was just to humiliate the CEO rather than kill him, but he changes his mind at the last moment... so was death always in the cards or did The Machine know that the Super Anonymous people were up to something bigger and needed to bring them to Finch's attention?

Yeah, I can see them being in the Machine's blindspot... which is why Finch would be informed ASAP about them.

Ducarmel

I think there was more to it than just the CEO, so I agree with you. Collier even says that the plan was just to humiliate the CEO rather than kill him, but he changes his mind at the last moment... so was death always in the cards or did The Machine know that the Super Anonymous people were up to something bigger and needed to bring them to Finch's attention?
This reminds me about the funny situation in determining if Kruger was a victim or perpetrator, they flip flopped on it. First he was victim, then Finch determined he must be the perpetrator, then he became a victim again. Collier may not have wanted him dead but he did provide Kruger's victims the means and decision to hurt or kill him.

Rokam

Nah Carl was going to kill him. He was supposed to die in the car crash.

Ducarmel

We are talking about Colier (the black guy), the group behind the plot on Kruger and his company only wanted to humiliate him which he admitted before killing Kruger. Carl was just given a means to act out justice/revenge, whether he wanted to kill, hurt or forgive Kruger it was his choice outside the influence Colier and his group.

Anybody think there is some foreshadowing during that scene they cut to Reese when Colier was on about this is how it feels like when you lose everything. Maybe Reese confront Finch about what they lost because of The Machine, Ordos, etc..

This reminds me about the funny situation in determining if Kruger was a victim or perpetrator, they flip flopped on it. First he was victim, then Finch determined he must be the perpetrator, then he became a victim again. Collier may not have wanted him dead but he did provide Kruger's victims the means and decision to hurt or kill him.

Well, it is acts of violence, so you guys are right. One way or another, it would lead to a violent confrontation.

We are talking about Colier (the black guy), the group behind the plot on Kruger and his company only wanted to humiliate him which he admitted before killing Kruger. Carl was just given a means to act out justice/revenge, whether he wanted to kill, hurt or forgive Kruger it was his choice outside the influence Colier and his group.

Anybody think there is some foreshadowing during that scene they cut to Reese when Colier was on about this is how it feels like when you lose everything. Maybe Reese confront Finch about what they lost because of The Machine, Ordos, etc..

I wonder if we'll get more as to what Collier lost. The actor was quite good, and I guess he'll be the face for Super Anonymous (will we think up a better name for them?)

Ducarmel

I wonder if we'll get more as to what Collier lost. The actor was quite good, and I guess he'll be the face for Super Anonymous (will we think up a better name for them?)

On Leslie Odom Jr imdb page it does not even list him on POI yet but on his twitter page he writes this.

Thanks for tuning in to @PersonInterest East Coast and reaching out! It's been a pleasure joining the team over there for a few eps.
If he is in a few more eps I hope he delivers

Nobility

Banned
Makes sense that he's a part of the privacy movement, but I don't think we've seen the true leader of this group.

Even thinking about Decima, we never did find out who Greer was talking to...

On Leslie Odom Jr imdb page it does not even list him on POI yet but on his twitter page he writes this.

If he is in a few more eps I hope he delivers

Nice. Wonder if the Machine Team will be proactive and hunt him down or if he goes after them or another POI again.

How many antagonists are we juggling around now? Decima Tech, the ISA, Elias, Root (sorta kinda), the billionaire (maybe), HR, the MI6 Riddler, and now Super Anonymous Murderers.

Nobility

Banned
Nice. Wonder if the Machine Team will be proactive and hunt him down or if he goes after them or another POI again.

How many antagonists are we juggling around now? Decima Tech, the ISA, Elias, Root (sorta kinda), the billionaire (maybe), HR, the MI6 Riddler, and now Super Anonymous Murderers.
I hope they bring back the CIA story line this year, the CIA can't keep their hands out of anything.

Missed it last night because of an emergency(first time missing a POI episode)
So I just decided to wait and watch it tonight with my GF.

Ok my hype is back up to 100%. good recovery to last weeks episode that I just didn't feel like it lived up to my expectations for this series post episode 8 of season 1(Of which every single episode felt like it was building and building).

First one was good but the second episode was pretty great.

Nice set-up for a new enemy group (privacy movement).

Holy shit moment was when Collier shot Kruger and Reese.

Lonestar

Yeah, POI needed the last part of last night to happen. While the CaseOfTheWeek for both weeks have been ok, it felt a bit off compared to last season.

Really hope we come up with a Control vs Decima vs Super Anonymous vs HR vs Elias action, with the F&R BFF Club making sure they gonna get this work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom