• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 3 |OT| The Numbers Keep Coming – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patryn

Searching the image that Sober posted, I found a website called "Nolan Fans", and turns out Warner Bros. has launched a "For Your Consideration" Website for Person of Interest for the Emmy Voting Committee!

The episodes submitted are The Crossing and The Devil's Share, however according to the post in that forum, 6 episodes in total will be put forth to the judges.

I'm hoping for the final episodes. It's the mere definition of "shit getting more real until it's as real as it gets".

From what I've read, most of the people who make the decisions on the nominees tend to be older members of the academy who actually don't watch a lot of television. They tend to like safe choices, and strongly serialized episodes that depend on knowledge of earlier episodes, such as the final episodes, immediately turn them off and drop the likelihood of a nomination to almost 0.

Doorman

So a random thought occurred to me today, thinking about the fact that the writers are back to work on the fourth season. Given how much the game has changed, is it reasonable for us to expect a pretty substantial change to the way the opening is presented? In light of season three's ending, continuing on with Harold talking about Team Machine and people's numbers and all doesn't seem like it's practical for their situation. Plus, I'm kind of hoping that they incorporate Root's sub-team in a bit more now that they're three of the Seven Servers.

Then it hit me. The screen starts white, begins loading up photographs and identities, and much like Finch has done since season one, you hear Greer's voice say "You are being watched." I'd flip right the hell out.

Tamanon

Banned
So a random thought occurred to me today, thinking about the fact that the writers are back to work on the fourth season. Given how much the game has changed, is it reasonable for us to expect a pretty substantial change to the way the opening is presented? In light of season three's ending, continuing on with Harold talking about Team Machine and people's numbers and all doesn't seem like it's practical for their situation. Plus, I'm kind of hoping that they incorporate Root's sub-team in a bit more now that they're three of the Seven Servers.

Then it hit me. The screen starts white, begins loading up photographs and identities, and much like Finch has done since season one, you hear Greer's voice say "You are being watched." I'd flip right the hell out.

I guarantee Greer and Samaritan will be the Opening at first.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
John Nolan's voice is so amazing that it would make it the best intro of the series.

Jim Caviezel's performance in The Thin Red Line is beautiful and heartbreaking. I've always been a fan because of that film.

After watching the finale and going to bed I had a dream that I was watching the fourth season premiere and that's how it started. I woke up wanting nothing more than for that to really happen. Would be amazing.

Tugatrix

Jim Caviezel's performance in The Thin Red Line is beautiful and heartbreaking. I've always been a fan because of that film.

It's such a haunting performance, in a good way.

Greer speech opening season 4 bring it. I can imagine the episode being about them pursuing deviants

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
An entire episode about Decima would be pretty awesome, you can "appreciate" what they do much more if we had their point of view.

It would be much more interesting since Samaritan is pretty much telling Greer what the world needs. Decima bribing politicians, or killing those who resist, the hunt for deviants, all while Samaritan attempts to destroy The Machine. So good.gif.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Continuing my rewatch, Zoe is in season 2 a lot early on, but the lack of Rootshaw is bumming me out. At least there's Bear now finally

Season 1 Episode 14

Man I don't have much to say about this episode, i'm still reeling from Game of Thrones so I was really unfocused watching it. I kept comparing the episode to The Wire and thinking how it did the child criminal stuff so much better which was completely unfair of me but I couldn't help it.

Like I said not much to say here, on to the next.

Season 1 Episode 14

Man I don't have much to say about this episode, i'm still reeling from Game of Thrones so I was really unfocused watching it. I kept comparing the episode to The Wire and thinking how it did the child criminal stuff so much better which was completely unfair of me but I couldn't help it.

Like I said not much to say here, on to the next.
Awesome keep us up to date!

Just to S02E17 myself.
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD :D:D:D
Relevent side ep is still A FUCKING MAZING, and that shaw + Root interaction sooo soooo soooo hot.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
rewatching season 2, man theres some good potential recuring characters here (that never showed up again in season 3 so I assume they wont again)

first one, obviously, Alistair Wesley, the ex-MI6 dude. Second, the eccentric billionaire that created Faceb...I mean Friendzar. I actually usually hate the actor but I love him in this role

Also, I cant wait for the Shaw introduction episode...16 right?

rewatching season 2, man theres some good potential recuring characters here (that never showed up again in season 3 so I assume they wont again)

first one, obviously, Alistair Wesley, the ex-MI6 dude. Second, the eccentric billionaire that created Faceb...I mean Friendzar. I actually usually hate the actor but I love him in this role

Also, I cant wait for the Shaw introduction episode...16 right?

I need more Leon in my life

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
If they are crappy, they'll get cancelled, bwahahaha. I hope not, because it means a whole lot of people are gonna get fired :(

So I've been needing something new to watch and pretty much cruised straight through Seasons 1 through 3 in 2 weeks. Love it. I have to say my favorite part was
season 3 mid season finale. The build up to take down HR was really good. In fact it was so good, the ending for season 3 felt lack luster to me. Detective Carter though :(

It was kind of funny, for my review of it, I compared it to comics, Batman specifically; it wasn't until after I wrote my review I found out that Jonathon Nolan was the creator of it, lol. It all makes sense now.

Season 1 Episode 20

84964-Clay-Davis-SHIT-gif-The-Wire-RwqT.gif

Tommy played like a fiddle, John and Stanton played like fiddles, CIA agents played like a damn fiddle, so much fiddling so little time.

John has really gotta tell Carter and Fusco about each other already, that situation is asking to bite him in the ass.

Sober

Despite that, she is on the main cast and there's also the fact The 100 is shot on the other coast that probably makes logistics dificult.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Also have to consider the changeup situation that POI has put on itself, with it's main characters.

Makes it harder to bump into those side characters (until the time the situation gets resolved...hopefully resolved.)

I don't think they outright said that the characters new ID's were all over the place, but it felt implied. Like no one was staying in NYC except Fusco

Episode 23 FIREWALL

Well damn that felt like I was watching a movie, not a tv show.

"Root" is quite the gambler, surely she could have come up with a "safer" way to put herself in danger.

Glad the Carter/Fusco situation resolved itself cleanly, for a while I felt like if anyone was going to die it was going to be Fusco.

So what the machine did at the end, it seems it chose John as a "successor" or something, what a smart machine.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Yep, it's the moment that sort of feels like "Alice going down the rabbit hole." Up to that point, the Machine sort of feels like it's probably just a very automated thing (as well as something totally disconnected from the viewer, as you don't know how Finch gets the numbers, he just "has them").

The cliffhanger of the phone call was pretty crazy. "WTF does this mean?!?" Plus, it's still my favorite piece of original music in the show. The best version of what is basically known as "The Machine theme."

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Episode 23 FIREWALL

"Root" is quite the gambler, surely she could have come up with a "safer" way to put herself in danger.

Glad the Carter/Fusco situation resolved itself cleanly, for a while I felt like if anyone was going to die it was going to be Fusco.

So what the machine did at the end, it seems it chose John as a "successor" or something, what a smart machine.

lol buckle your seatbelts man, you ain't seen nothing yet. if you liked season 1, expect to cream your pants with the following seasons.

Episode 23 FIREWALL

Awesome keep updating us :D It only gets better from here.

im pretty upset, I think I accidentally came across a huge spoiler
Carter dies

I still don't know when or how it happens but fuck man, fuck fuck fuck

Nobility

Banned
Person of Interest: Season 3 on Blu Ray/DVD September 2nd.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=14222
http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Person-of-Interest-The-Complete-Third-Season-Blu-ray/85824/

Bonus Features:

• The Future of A.I.: Interviews with the creators of Person of Interest about how real life technology is showcased within the show. The piece also speaks with leading A.I experts from prestigious universities and institutions to see where the world is heading and how close fiction is to fact.
  • Saying Goodbye: A piece highlighting a key death and that character's impact on the show, as well as the Person of Interest team as the actor involved exits.
  • Episode commentary by series star Michael Emerson
  • Bear: Short piece on fan-favorite Bear, the team's "adopted" dog
  • Gag Reel

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Such emotional picture of a misunderstood character.

Season 2 Episode 13 Dead Reckoning

I was left shook at the end of this episode, I thought for sure Kara was going to live and continue being a big villain while she searches for the guy and works for whoever that was and then BOOM.

And then the name on that piece of paper, FUCKING HAROLD!? Nah man, bunch of shenanigans are afoot here.

And I really loved the interactions of the 3 agents together, would've loved to see more of it, unfortunately two of them are now extra crispy.

SpudBud

I've been watching POI from the beginning over the past month. I just finished "The Crossing." That was some damn good television.
I'm gonna miss Carter. Fuck that bastard Simmons

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Outliers has to be one of the most amazing scenes I've ever seen on a TV show. If you ever told me that sweet voiced Enrico Colatoni could play such an ice cold character I would have laughed at you. Keith Mars turned into a real G.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Repeated "Matsya Nyaya", and man, it has the best flashback scenes for me. That Ordos mission is freaking amazing. Very well done scenes, it felt as if the team actually did travel to China.

There was also some foreshadowing there:

Kara: I think this will be obsolete
John: We'll still have to eat
Kara: I mean us. They use satellites instead of of surveillance teams, drones instead of attack squadrons.
John: You mean we'll be replaced by the press of a button?

And some more dialogue I just forgot :/

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I re-watched Relevance (episode where Shaw gets introduced) and damn, what an amazing episode. Felt like a movie, action set-pieces where on-fucking-point, Jonah Nolan should direct more episodes.

I re-watched Relevance (episode where Shaw gets introduced) and damn, what an amazing episode. Felt like a movie, action set-pieces where on-fucking-point, Jonah Nolan should direct more episodes.

Jonah Nolan turned out a fantastic director.

Better choreography than his brother too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom