• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Person of Interest – Season 3 |OT| The Numbers Keep Coming – Tuesdays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry... did you guys want a trailer? :)

Supernatural.gif

Goddamn.

So fucking good.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Well, we know which side the new lady's on.

Some interesting new snippets, kind of showing that wherever they headed off to at the end of S3,
it wasn't very far from NYC. Could John actually be a cop :lol

maeh2k

Do you guys know any great trailers or articles to sell people on the show without giving away any spoilers?
I've recommended it to some people, but I didn't have much luck. The show takes a bit to long to become truly great.

Also helpful would be a guide detailing which episodes can be easily skipped without missing any of the important stuff.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
God damn, that was freaking awesome. Watching it another 2 times.

Do you guys know any great trailers or articles to sell people on the show without giving away any spoilers?
I've recommended it to some people, but I didn't have much luck. The show takes a bit to long to become truly great.

Also helpful would be a guide detailing which episodes can be easily skipped without missing any of the important stuff.

I don't remember the article, but I remember an article NotTheGuyYouKill posted that compared PoI with 24.

24 is about revenge and hard feelings towards the enemy.

Person of Interest is about the mistakes the characters did, not about the enemy, which makes it an excellent show. It also captures the post 9/11 atmosphere of the USA. What Harold says "after the attacks, the government gave itself the right to read every email, listen to every phonecall" is not fiction, it's actually true.

On September 12 of 2001 (I think it was that day), the President told the NSA director to have whatever he needed to prevent another attack of this magnitude. This documentary is actually pretty good watch on this: http://video.pbs.org/video/2365245528/

Don't know what else I can recommend for you.

EDIT: Also, I wouldn't skip any episode. Every episode (even the first ten of season 1) has some background on the characters, or advances the plot someway. What might seem like a procedural episode might end up being one of the important episodes of the season. Happened several times through S2 and S3.

Apoc29

Sheeeeeit...is Reese
working as a 'legit' cop or is he pulling the Detective Stills gag again?

Whatever, Root and Shaw could be working at Walmart and I would watch that ALL DAY.

Chariot

Sheeeeeit...is Reese
working as a 'legit' cop or is he pulling the Detective Stills gag again?

Whatever, Root and Shaw could be working at Walmart and I would watch that ALL DAY.
Given that they can't just do anything, I think he must be working legit.

Ceebs

God damn, that was freaking awesome. Watching it another 2 times.

I don't remember the article, but I remember an article NotTheGuyYouKill posted that compared PoI with 24.

24 is about revenge and hard feelings towards the enemy.

Person of Interest is about the mistakes the characters did, not about the enemy, which makes it an excellent show. It also captures the post 9/11 atmosphere of the USA. What Harold says "after the attacks, the government gave itself the right to read every email, listen to every phonecall" is not fiction, it's actually true.

On September 12 of 2001 (I think it was that day), the President told the NSA director to have whatever he needed to prevent another attack of this magnitude. This documentary is actually pretty good watch on this: http://video.pbs.org/video/2365245528/

Don't know what else I can recommend for you.

EDIT: Also, I wouldn't skip any episode. Every episode (even the first ten of season 1) has some background on the characters, or advances the plot someway. What might seem like a procedural episode might end up being one of the important episodes of the season. Happened several times through S2 and S3.

I would say 24 is stuck in the era post 9/11 where everything was fearmongering about terrorist attacks and "At any cost" mentality, while POI is more up to date with it's reflection of the world.

Both shows are very fun, but as much as I love 24 it is a bit of dinosaur in it's approach to things.

But if you like 24 chances are you will enjoy this show.

Chariot

John as Fusco's partner? Although that might come across as a bit contrived. Although it is the machine we're talking about here.
That would be nice and connect Fusco closer to the team. He really should become offical part of it, instead of on and off support.

A thought on Elias

Maybe they need him so they can still operate while staying off the radar. Harold did say they lacked resources.

Chariot

A thought on Elias

Maybe they need him so they can still operate while staying off the radar.
Right!
This is actual a cool thought. I was a little bummed out last season, that Elias is such a small fish compared to the other stuff, but maybe that is what makes him important again next season. He is powerful and can do a lot on his turf, but he is no immanent threat for national security and probably not very important for Samaritan.

Lonestar

Person of Interest - S4 |OT| When Two Gods Go To War
Person of Interest - S4 |OT| Under New Surveillance
Person of Interest - S4 |OT| Dei Ex Machina
Person of Interest - Season 4 |OT| What Are Your Commands?
Person of Interest - Season 4 |OT| Welcome to the New World
Person of Interest - Season 4 |OT| Get Greer
Person of Interest - Season 4 |OT| Deus Ex Machina
Person of Interest - Season 4 |OT| It's not the end of the world... but you can see it from here.
Person of Interest - Season 4 |OT| Calculating Response...
Person of Interest - Season 4 |OT| Watch Dogs
Person of Interest - Season 4 |OT| This was never about winning, it's just about surviving.
Person of Interest - Season 4 |OT| When AI Worlds Collide.
Person of Interest - Season 4 |OT| Hail Decima
Person of Interest - Season 4 |OT| Samaritan is online...you are the resistance
Person of Interest - Season 4 |OT| We are all Deviants
Person of interest - Season 4 |OT| Welcome to the New Age
Person of interest - Season 4 |OT| Calculating Response
Person of interest - Season 4 |OT| Deus Ex Machina
Person of Interest - Season 4 |OT| Skyn... er, Samaritan is online
Person of Interest - Season 4 |OT| Bad Samaritan
Person of Interest - Season 4 IOTI The Good Samaritan
Person of Interest - Season 4 IOTI Samaritan Opposition
Person of Interest - Season 4 |OT| There's Still One Thing in Pandora's Box: Hope
Person of Interest - Season 4 |OT| All You Need is Hope
Person of Interest - Season 4 |OT| Hope is All You Get
Person of Interest - Season 4 |OT| Take Pandora's Box and Shove It
Person of Interest - Season 4 |OT| The Return of the Age of The Gods
Person of Interest - Season 4 |OT| Age of the Gods version 2.0
Person of Interest - Season 4 |OT| Age of the Modern Day Gods
Person of Interest - Season 4 |OT| Technological Conundrum
Person of Interest - Season 4 |OT| Still Calculating
Person of Interest - Season 4 |OT| Ghost in the Machines
Person of Interest - Season 4 |OT| We Have to Go Back! to Colombia
Person of Interest - Season 4 |OT| Beta Test Complete. Samiritan: Activated
Person of Interest - Season 4 |OT| 100% Redundancy, 100% Availability
Person of Interest - Season 4 |OT| They Should Have Killed The Congressman
Person of Interest - Season 4 |OT| Watch dogs watch dogs

and the one a few people seemed to like, was my use of a knockoff of The Magnificent Seven:

Person of Interest - Season 4 |OT| The Irrelevant Seven

Chariot putting into an image:
jXqyqmz2XJvvw.png

Nobility

Banned
I'm good with any of these:

Person of Interest - Season 4 |OT| Calculating Response...
Person of Interest - Season 4 |OT| What Are Your Commands?
Person of Interest - Season 4 |OT| There's Still One Thing in Pandora's Box: Hope
Person of Interest - Season 4 |OT| The Irrelevant Seven

I hope Sober comes back in time for the premier. Either way, I want Chariot to work on those OT images. :D

Lonestar

Those are all good, and I'm also partial to my shortened version of the Hope statement: "All You Need is Hope"

Secretly, it's an underground war to see who wins the battle of "Most used Season Titles", and I'm hoping to get my 2nd victory, to go with my Season 2's "Not For The Weak-Kneed" title :p

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I like Dei Ex Machina and "It's not the End of the World, but you can see it from here"

I really like Deus Ex HR.

StuBurns

Banned
Where is "It's not the end of the world... but you can see it from here." from?

There's a song I love that goes "The end is near, on a clear day you can see the end from here".

Chariot

I hope Sober comes back in time for the premier. Either way, I want Chariot to work on those OT images. :D
I would gladly do. Changing the title into something else is easy as pie, but if some gives me usable pictures, I can insert someone else.

Not cut out very well, but I'm not good at cutting things out of pictures. Here's also the blank, if somebody wants to play around for himself.

Font is HACKED

Will the Irrelevant Seven even be a thing in the fourth season, or is Root's hacker team just assumed gone into hiding and never to be heard from again? In the promo trailer, Root says to Finch that their resources amount to five people, six if they count Bear (so Reese, Finch, Shaw, Root, and Fusco?).

Either way, pretty hype trailer. Can't wait to watch this season unfold.

Lonestar said:
Person of Interest - Season 4 |OT| They Should Have Killed The Congressman

hahaha yes

Rokam

So in the trailer there's a shot of a young black guy entering I think a pawn shop... new cast member? They didn't see to show any other random people, but I don't remember seeing any casting information for the character.

ZenaxPure

Will the Irrelevant Seven even be a thing in the fourth season, or is Root's hacker team just assumed gone into hiding and never to be heard from again? In the promo trailer, Root says to Finch that their resources amount to five people, six if they count Bear (so Reese, Finch, Shaw, Root, and Fusco?).

I wonder about this as well. I was hoping they'd come back because I thought they were pretty cool, but that trailer doesn't give me much hope based on that line.

Clevinger

So in the trailer there's a shot of a young black guy entering I think a pawn shop... new cast member? They didn't see to show any other random people, but I don't remember seeing any casting information for the character.

It's Jamie Hector, "Marlo" from The Wire, and he'll be a recurring character. Sounds like
a villain. I'm glad they're giving Wire alums love, but do they have to make em all villains?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
OH FUCK theres a season 4 trailer? o_O

edit: hmmmmmmmmmmmmmg so fucking good. Root x Shaw, do it writers, you know you want to!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom