• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 2: Innocent Sin |OT| "As if your dreams would ever be fulfilled...

kai3345

Banned
TheSeks said:
Depending on your firmware, you may have to put in more effort, but there hasn't been anything in a while that won't simply run on CFW.
I just remember when I got i think it was P1 actually and the game forced me to update to OFW to play it.

Of course I did it because I'd paid fucking 40 bucks for the game, but if I don't have to update to OFW I'd prefer to not.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Okay, Zodiac: Does passing
the second floor is a maze
give/gain you anything? Because I've been dicking around on the second floor so far and haven't ran into too much there yet.

TheSeks said:
Okay, Zodiac: Does passing
the second floor is a maze
give/gain you anything? Because I've been dicking around on the second floor so far and haven't ran into too much there yet.

It does just as the rumor suggests.
Makes it a maze and adds more items than you would normally find.

TheSeks

KibblesBits said:
It does just as the rumor suggests.
Makes it a maze and adds more items than you would normally find.

That's what I figured, but I wanted to make sure.

TheSeks

creid said:
Why would you expect this to happen?

I think he means the official Atlus ones. Of which there are more than 2 in DLC.

atomsk

Party Pooper
kai3345 said:
ok cool thanks

9 days later, it's finally here! (I didn't get the super huge box, bummer)

cQ1Ma.jpg

Works just fine doing Iso Tools 1.51 and patching it.

Which brings me to my other project for the day....

Replacing my PSP screen

eSfNB.jpg

Look at the "Heheh!" section of the screen, it's a weird banding issue that has been getting worse the more I play.

TheSeks

Wait, what? If I fully map
the second floor of Zodiac, the rumor goes away!?
WTF. I just wanted to map it before changing it to see if my auto-map has mapped parts filled in to help me explore the changes.

cj_iwakura

For anyone who beat the Bomb Shelter only. This will blow your mind if you played EP.

Guess who that drunk guy was.

Kaoru.

As in Saga.

As in

Baofu.

TheSeks

Did I miss anything by not doing that rumor, in terms of useful items? :/

Man, I'm pissed. But I'm not rolling back and redoing that area again. Screw that. Lesson learned, spread the rumors once you get them.

cj_iwakura

TheSeks said:
Did I miss anything by not doing that rumor, in terms of useful items? :/

Man, I'm pissed. But I'm not rolling back and redoing that area again. Screw that. Lesson learned, spread the rumors once you get them.

Spell cards.

Eusis

atomsk said:
Look at the "Heheh!" section of the screen, it's a weird banding issue that has been getting worse the more I play.
How cheap are replacement screens? My 2000 screen is even worse off, with several dark spots along the edges. At this point however I'm more inclined to either wait until the Vita or get a 3000.

TheSeks

KibblesBits said:
But they were free... FREE!

Meh. I don't need the spell cards too much. I need the fusion/stat cards more. >_>

atomsk

Party Pooper
Eusis said:
How cheap are replacement screens? My 2000 screen is even worse off, with several dark spots along the edges. At this point however I'm more inclined to either wait until the Vita or get a 3000.

33 for a generic brand, 44 for the "Genuine Sharp LCD" at Deal Extreme (free shipping)

I think the Sharp one has a return policy for dead/stuck pixels, where the generic one does not.

I got 1 noticeable stuck pixel buying the generic, still better than the text in all my games being messed up on the left side.

creid

So I just finished the Caracol and it looks like
I've got 4 new dungeons open of me. Are they shortish? Not nearly as long as Caracol? Pleas say yes.

creid said:
So I just finished the Caracol and it looks like
I've got 4 new dungeons open of me. Are they shortish? Not nearly as long as Caracol? Pleas say yes.

They're not that bad. You may find them more tolerable.

creid

KibblesBits said:
They're not that bad. You may find them more tolerable.
It's not that the last one was bad, it just took me 3 days to do. I'd like to finish this soon because I've got other stuff to play, and I know that an SMT final dungeon is usually an 8-hour affair.

creid

Between this and NieR, I don't think I've enjoyed a soundtrack more in the last 10 years or so.

cj_iwakura

KibblesBits said:
I love this one too.

Goodness, if EP comes to the PSP I hope the remixes are of the same quality.

To be fair, most of the work is done. A lot of locations are revisited.

g.r.e.

So guys, I am against the (warning, near end game spoilers)
Fuhrer, and I've noticed how people in my party seem to instantly die for no reason whatsoever. Maybe there's a pattern in his moves that I ignore, and it's frustrating because even if I kill him there's all the fathers'crap to defeat and my party is preatty beat up by then.

tasukete :'(

TheSeks

Hmmm...

Told Yukino
That I talk with my fists
, gain new contact. Let
Eikichi stand up for himself
hopefully that gives me the ultimate starter persona for them.

Went to Kasugayama, now I'm curious to know if
I should feed Eikichi's hype for himself or say I'm cooler than him
because I'm sure this is a fusion combo junction point... but then again their initial combo helped with
pixies and other females get interested/happy ratings so I'm not too sure how well that'll go
. :/

C-Jo

Finally got my copy from Amazon.ca yesterday. Half-crushed in a paper envelope, of course.

Cheap bastards.

creid

Are fusion spells really that important? I'm nearing the end, (I'm up to
the 4 skull dungeons
) and I've barely used them.

g.r.e. said:
So guys, I am against the (warning, near end game spoilers)
Fuhrer, and I've noticed how people in my party seem to instantly die for no reason whatsoever. Maybe there's a pattern in his moves that I ignore, and it's frustrating because even if I kill him there's all the fathers'crap to defeat and my party is preatty beat up by then.

tasukete :'(

He's using
Omega Cluster
, which causes the
the lowest level character to die at the end of the round
. It's
dark-elemental
, so you can probably get by it with
Tetraja
, or any
null-dark
Personas. Alternately:
Get everyone at the same level

creid said:
the 4 skull dungeons

They generally speed things up, yes.

TheSeks

creid said:
the 4 skull dungeons

No, but they help.

TheSeks

Okay, WTF. I
Tell Michel he's cooler
and I lose a combo contact ability? :| Gee, thanks Allegory of Whatever for screwing me over. I thought I GAINED something from that.

(REAL SPOILERS): http://www.oocities.org/Tokyo/3857/pdeci.html <--At least this helps somewhat but it uses the fan translation (or funky translations of the Japanese version) for the choices. Damn it, I wish I found that before I gave my answer. :/ Oh well, not a big deal I guess since I can just find another way to make the demons interested/happy.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Does anyone know if the bust art for this game (the PSP version) is available somewhere?

I'd imagine it'd be easier to make avatars with the extended bust art from the PSP version than the shorter PS1 bust art :)

creid

So I went and checked prices for the soundtrack on play-asia. It's $46, which is a bit more than I'd like to pay, but it has 6 friggin discs. Impressive. Also, pretty sure I hit a spoiler buried in the track titles ;_;

Halfwayish through the last dungeon. Hopefully this last boss isn't as bad as people say.

creid said:
So I went and checked prices for the soundtrack on play-asia. It's $46, which is a bit more than I'd like to pay, but it has 6 friggin discs. Impressive. Also, pretty sure I hit a spoiler buried in the track titles ;_;

Halfwayish through the last dungeon. Hopefully this last boss isn't as bad as people say.

I'm honestly still flabbergasted that they didn't change that to something a bit more ambiguous.

Credo

creid said:

What level are your characters? I just entered what I think is probably the last dungeon, and I'm wondering if I'm underpowered. I know that grinding was a lot more prevalent during the time P2:IS was made, so I wouldn't doubt that I need to spend some time leveling. Each of my characters just hit lvl 55.

TheSeks said:
Okay, WTF. I
Tell Michel he's cooler
and I lose a combo contact ability? :| Gee, thanks Allegory of Whatever for screwing me over. I thought I GAINED something from that.

Why did you save?

TheSeks

KibblesBits said:
Why did you save?

I raged, but then I checked and had a save file right outside of the third dungeon. Reloaded that save, made sure the contact combo wasn't broke and continued. So in essence, I didn't. But still. :|

TheSeks said:
I raged, but then I checked and had a save file right outside of the third dungeon. Reloaded that save, made sure the contact combo wasn't broke and continued. So in essence, I didn't. But still. :|

*gentle pat pat*

Be careful. That one really should have been obvious though. :3

TheSeks

KibblesBits said:
*gentle pat pat*

Be careful. That one really should have been obvious though. :3

Oh, it was obvious, but I wasn't sure if the game was trying to trick me because I wasn't sure if there was some evolution to the combo contact for that.

g.r.e.

Just finished it...well, it was one hell of a ride. Really enjoyable game, couldn't not recommend it to any psp/ps1 jrpg lover.

Oh, and thanks to the ones who helped me earlier in the thread. :)

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
g.r.e. said:
Just finished it...well, it was one hell of a ride. Really enjoyable game, couldn't not recommend it to any psp/ps1 jrpg lover.

Oh, and thanks to the ones who helped me earlier in the thread. :)

It's quite the amazing game <3 One of my all time favorites <3

Gaspode_T said:
My enjoyment of the game was basically like a 10/10 until I got all party members and started getting into lots of random encounters, now I am having a bit of a hard time losing patience with the battles because I can't seem to figure out tricks for making the negotiation thing go smoothly. Can anyone give a quick non-spoiler dummy guide for how to negotiate with the monsters? Or do I really have to look up FAQs or something for each one?

i've been using this guide, & it's been 98% correct. be sure to widen your browser page to see it all, or just print it out (& note that e=michel)...

i haven't felt bad about using this guide - if there's any mechanism i find pretty painful with the early personas, it's this one, where you have to discover, & then remember, which of 20 different approaches 'works' (& in which way) for every demon. that, much more than frequent encounters, got really old really fast for me - replacing this stuff with the s-link mechanism in 3 & 4 gets a huge thumbs-up from me :) ...

meanwhile, i've finally gotten hold of some of the more kick-ass lvl 30-40 demons. the game's dragged a little for me at times, but i'm still having fun for the most part...

creid

TheSeks said:
What you'll eventually find out. Keep playing, because it's a huge spoiler if I reveal it and the twist.
I finished the game last night and I don't think I ever did find out. I thought I remembered that she said
something about him being Tatsuya's father, or sounding like Tatsuya's father, or something.

Credo said:
What level are your characters? I just entered what I think is probably the last dungeon, and I'm wondering if I'm underpowered. I know that grinding was a lot more prevalent during the time P2:IS was made, so I wouldn't doubt that I need to spend some time leveling. Each of my characters just hit lvl 55.
I was probably around there when I entered. I was level 59-60 when I beat it, but
that's probably because I put it on Easy before fighting the last bosses.

Top Bottom