• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 2: Innocent Sin |OT| "As if your dreams would ever be fulfilled...

cj_iwakura said:
No, P2:IS is a 40 hour game, tops. 20 if you don't spend time talking to NPCs and such or doing optional quests(which you should!).

Good because EP had me up against the wall when I saw I hit 70 + hours and barely touched side quests.

Reknoc

No release date yet but here's what's in the CE for Europe:

hPGSU.jpg

http://blog.ghostlight.uk.com/post/persona-2-innocent-sin-whats-in-the-collectors-edition

Volcynika

Hobbun said:
What are the chances we will see Eternal Punishment redone for the PSP?

Thar be rumors matey. But I'm betting we'll see it announced soon. Wouldn't make sense to not port that one over to PSP!

Aexact

Volcynika said:
Thar be rumors matey. But I'm betting we'll see it announced soon. Wouldn't make sense to not port that one over to PSP!

I'm aflutter with anticipation!
... But given the timing, what's the likelyhood of coming to the west? I mean, PSP dead in America, Vita coming soon, etc. etc. this means it's bleak right?

... =(

Hobbun

Volcynika said:

Ok, I'll go ahead and preorder then. I was going to wait to see if we got both (for the PSP), but I am guessing (hoping) ATLUS will do so.

Aexact said:
... But given the timing, what's the likelyhood of coming to the west? I mean, PSP dead in America, Vita coming soon, etc. etc. this means it's bleak right?

... =(

Nah, I'm sure Atlus will bring it over, I know it's the end of the PSP in the west but it'll still sell more than some other stuff they brought over in the past

Hobbun

If it’s made (which I am sure it will be), I feel confident NA will see it on the PSP.

Now, what I’m concerned about is the future of the Legend of Heroes games. :(

Volcynika

Aexact said:

... =(

Since it falls under SMT/Persona stuffs, we'd probably see it.

One of my favorite games in the last 10 years. Won't be double dipping as I'm fine playing Tom and Gemini's translation, but definitely the highlight of Persona.

cj_iwakura

Freyjadour said:
One of my favorite games in the last 10 years. Won't be double dipping as I'm fine playing Tom and Gemini's translation, but definitely the highlight of Persona.

This has new quests, and a professional translation. Support the game this time!
(Of course, I bought IS PS1 for the translation patch, but I have a feeling most didn't.)

NichM

Banned
Freyjadour said:

I wonder how much damage the Gemini translation will end up doing to the game's sales. I feel like I've seen a lot of "amazing game, but no need to buy it" sentiment around. From some of the same people who bemoan how well P3/4 sold, too. /:

TurnipFritters said:
How could you possibly run the clock up that high in IS.

Mutation hunting.
Fool Card hunting.
Abandoned Bomb Shelter Alice runs.
Assisting Dolies with her old old walk throughs, both for IS and EP.

Experimenting with Game Genie to upload codes that no one can use anymore.
Translating line by line with a book of Kanji and a notebook.

You know, the usual stuff one does for an import.

I pretty much vivisected both games, got all persona, all items, all maps, all rumors... you know. The lot of it all.

NichM said:
I wonder how much damage the Gemini translation will end up doing to the game's sales. I feel like I've seen a lot of "amazing game, but no need to buy it" sentiment around. From some of the same people who bemoan how well P3/4 sold, too. /:

It's unfortunate that the game could not come out sooner, but well... honestly you're going to run into that issue with a fan translation. The true faithful will get the game, but it probably won't have as much sales as it could have had.

Aeana

Freyjadour said:
Well, when they stop bringing these games over, we can add Freyjadour to the list of people to blame.

Takeda Kenshi

blew Staal
NichM said:

I've had mine preordered for months, Nich. :)

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
Everyone needs to buy this because Persona 2 is awesome and you're helping to support a great publisher :)!

I've played Persona 2 Innocent Sin when it came out on PS1 years ago and I'm still super psyched for this!

Playing it on the PS1 with a fan translation shouldn't deter one from purchasing the PSP version, but rather reinforce a purchase :D

Moral of the story, go pre-order it now! ^.-

KibblesBits said:
Mutation hunting.
Fool Card hunting.
Abandoned Bomb Shelter Alice runs.
Assisting Dolies with her old old walk throughs, both for IS and EP.

Experimenting with Game Genie to upload codes that no one can use anymore.
Translating line by line with a book of Kanji and a notebook.

You know, the usual stuff one does for an import.

I pretty much vivisected both games, got all persona, all items, all maps, all rumors... you know. The lot of it all.

Alice is in the factory in IS. I never ran into her as a random battle, I only found her in the locker, so hunting her down the hard way sounds absolutely awful.
You poor thing. :(

cj_iwakura

Not everyone knows about the fan translation. I'm sure IS will do well, both from the faithful who will turn out to support it and those who've yet to play it. Hopefully.

That said, any word about those rumored DLC quests?

Ainaurdur

KibblesBits said:
It's unfortunate that the game could not come out sooner, but well... honestly you're going to run into that issue with a fan translation. The true faithful will get the game, but it probably won't have as much sales as it could have had.
After reading some responses in this thread and watching some vids, I have decided that I am buying this game on release day. I haven't played the original and I'd rather not mess with fan translations.
And like others I am sure, showing support for this game now will hopefully send a message to all of the Japanese devs that we still want games like this here on both other sides of the pond.

Maybe I'm just dreaming.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Sucks this is coming out when it is. I'm going to play Gears 3 first, then RE4, then Ico/SOTC... but as soon as those are done, I'll move on to Innocent Sin. I wanna blow through the shorter stuff before I sink my teeth into something like this... but I've really wanted to play through Innocent Sin for a long time, so I have no doubt that I'll buy it day 1.

TurnipFritters said:
Alice is in the factory in IS. I never ran into her as a random battle, I only found her in the locker, so hunting her down the hard way sounds absolutely awful.
You poor thing. :(

Yep, I was thinking of my work hunting Dark Alice in P2EP when referencing the Shelter. Which was also a pain in the ass even with Estoma. Doh.

Cheska

Hasn't the demand for P2:IS always been pretty much higher than everything else? I dont think Persona Portable sold that well, and yet ATLUS still brought this over to us.

Cactus

Banned
Finally preordered this today.

I just wish Atlus would hurry up and announce Eternal Punishment so it can be localized as soon as possible.

kunonabi

I'll pick this up at some point but I'm waiting for the psp to drop in price. Old School Persona >> New School Persona. New School still kicks major ass though.

I can't imagine needing another version of EP though. The original was packed to the brim with content as it was.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
So if I haven't played this or P3P which one should I get first.

I payed 4 and loved it, though I'm thinking of waiting a but before starting 3 since it's similar.

Emitan

Just popping in to say that I really want to play this game (and P1) but I'm broke right now and playing through P4 anyway. I can't wait for the other P2 and P4 Vita to come out so I can own every Persona game on my Vita.

cj_iwakura

Cheska said:
Hasn't the demand for P2:IS always been pretty much higher than everything else? I dont think Persona Portable sold that well, and yet ATLUS still brought this over to us.

Persona 1 outsold expectations on both sides of the globe, if I remember right.

I hope P2 does as well.

Nothing would make me happier than opening the box and finding a game voucher code instead of the psp game.

I just pre-ordered and realized I plan to upgrade to the Vita asap. Ugh.

Akselziys

Aksys Games Dev.
cj_iwakura said:
Persona 1 outsold expectations on both sides of the globe, if I remember right.

I hope P2 does as well.

Ironically enough Persona 1 PSP seems to have done slightly better than P3P :3

I can't wait to play Persona 2 Innocent Sin next week! I have overnight delivery for it too haha XD;

matmanx1

Hmm so I might end up buying this 3 times instead of 2. Once for the physical USA release to have the box and OST disc and stuff, once for the DD so I can play it when the Vita comes out and finally once for that FREAKING AWESOME looking Euro CE! It looks sooo gooood!

Ahem. Sorry, got a little carried away there for a moment!

matmanx1 said:
Hmm so I might end up buying this 3 times instead of 2. Once for the physical USA release to have the box and OST disc and stuff, once for the DD so I can play it when the Vita comes out and finally once for that FREAKING AWESOME looking Euro CE! It looks sooo gooood!

Ahem. Sorry, got a little carried away there for a moment!

I so don't want to double dip, but it looks like I will have to.

cj_iwakura said:
Can anyone get me an avatar of this character with this expression?
Not sure if the art itself is a spoiler, but stop me if I'm wrong.

THE PICTURE ITSELF IS A SPOILER.

The majority of character portraits from P2 were easily ripped from the disks with a certain program. If you have no such options, i.e. the original discs, this link may help you but it does NOT have THAT specific portrait.

I *could* be convinced to dig up my cd and see if I could rip the portrait if you don't find something better at this link:

http://s496.photobucket.com/albums/rr322/helsaga/Persona_2/

cj_iwakura

KibblesBits said:
I so don't want to double dip, but it looks like I will have to.

The majority of character portraits from P2 were easily ripped from the disks with a certain program. If you have no such options, i.e. the original discs, this link may help you but it does NOT have THAT specific portrait.

I *could* be convinced to dig up my cd and see if I could rip the portrait if you don't find something better at this link:

http://s496.photobucket.com/albums/rr322/helsaga/Persona_2/

They're from EP, and that character isn't in EP. Well, not with that expression anyway.

Nice find, still.

Wait, there's definitely IS images there. I'll see what I can find.
(Major spoilers at that link, people.)

Top Bottom