• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Squire

Banned
It's a crying shame all around. Lowenthal speaks three languages fluently, and yet I heard him speaking english 99% of the time in Metro 2033.

Yep. Their whole situation is unfortunate. Lots of talented (some celebrated!) people who are typically under-utilized, always underpaid.

Noi

Charlie ain't got SHIT on Yu 'Swag God' Narukami:

Damn right.

kDkJp.jpg

yami4ct

Yep. Their whole situation is unfortunate. Lots of talented (some celebrated!) people who are typically under-utilized, always underpaid.

And yet they still remain awesome people. I've never met a voice actor who wasn't super gracious, down to earth, cool and just really fun. Almost no other group of people around want more to just sit and chat with fans.

I have the PS2 version. Was never a Persona fan but I just bought it one day just because of the praise it received. I paid a lot for it but I don't regret it one bit. At the time I felt like I wasted money. But I'm glad I bought it.

My only sin...I never actually played it. I played the beginning, but that's it. I think I stopped because of other things and the fact that current-gen systems were coming out. I always told myself I'd get back into it because what I played was really good. But I never did. HD graphics spoiled my eyes!

So I'm looking forward to the Vita version. I'm kind of glad I never played my PS2 one. Now I can enjoy this one. So I won't be double dipping. I hate re-purchasing games I already played. It's that impulse buying habit that's hard to break. This time I won't have that problem, which is good! :)

Jonnyram

I assume there's a walkthrough out to get Platinum in a single playthrough?
It's impossible to platinum on a single playthrough. If you want to platinum it, I advise to play through it reasonable speedily the first time, not worrying about s.links so much, instead concentrating on levelling your social attributes. Then on the second play, nail the s.links and the extra battle you can only do in the second playthrough.

Amory

Played through P3P a couple of months ago in preparation for this and really enjoyed it. Never played P4 so I'm really looking forward to it!

Dantis

Okay, so... I haven't played P4 since I was reviewing the NA version before it hit, and I've played countless games since then. When MC dies in battle, you're dropped back to whenever your last save was—wasn't that the way P4 originally worked? Or am I totally forgetting how to play Persona?

Jay-B - Size is 3137MB.

The new one is crazy easy. You restart back at the top of the floor you're on.

EDIT: Okay, so I'm not going to complain in this topic. I just have two things to get off my chest:

Man, I forgot how much they ruined the opening video. First one is perfection. Golden one is a fucking joke.

The new cover art is a shambles. I didn't even believe it was Soejima when I first saw it. It looks so janky.

kiyomi

Wasn't going to import this day 1, but folded and had a look at VG+, and noooooooo they're sold out. :(

Amazon US seem to charge a heck of a lot for shipping that is even relatively speedy.

Oh well. Should've pulled the trigger earlier! :eek:

Dantis

Wasn't going to import this day 1, but folded and had a look at VG+, and noooooooo they're sold out. :(

Amazon US seem to charge a heck of a lot for shipping that is even relatively speedy.

They shouldn't be. I only ordered mine last night. They've just run out of the preorder skin.

EDIT: Happy November.

Keys

Try here http://www.tronixweb.com/

I used them several times they ship to Europe with Fedex so you should get it pretty soon.

kiyomi

lol!

Thanks Dantis. :D

I clicked the banner on VG+ and it said it was sold out, maybe they meant the SGE or something.

Ordering now.

cjkeats

Got my solid gold coming from amazon, and a regular version at a local place so I don't have to wait two weeks for it to ship to play.

Shit is so hype.

I'm planning on doing the opposite social links from my original P4 play through, even through the Anime kinda spoiled them a bit.

SoulUnison

Banned
Is the SKill Card system as flexible as it was in P3P?

I loved playing through boosting my Orpheus to ridiculous levels, and only switching to other Personas to grab their Skill Cards.

Pretty sure it is just fan service

Damn, making me feel old. It's a quote by Alfred Lord Tennyson. A thing that sort of stuck with me from grad school. I debated making a funny joke about "golden showers" or calling back to something said in Persona 4, but I think that the quote is fitting.

Ugh. Chie's VA is the same chick who voiced Quark in Virtue's Last Reward... so whenever she speaks all I can imagine is Quark :(

My frame of reference comes from Catherine since I haven't played VLR yet (can't wait!), so when I hear this new Chie, I think of Erica and her Ronald McDonald color scheme.

Jawmuncher

Bought P3P as a spur of the moment purcahse and absolutely loved it.
later I grabbed Persona 4 when it was on sale at amazon for 19.99 (Before it became the norm) Just as I was getting ready to play it the Vita version was announced.
So I decided to wait and preorderd the LE when it was revealed.

Absolutely pumped for this game, since I just know i'm going to love it.

Enjoyed what relatively little of Persona 4 I played on PS2. Have a feeling this being portable will allow me to spend more time with this version. Bring on next Tuesday! (well, a week or so after that when I receive it).

Venfayth

Oh, shit, didn't realize the OT was up. I am so hype!

Replaying 999 to hold me over until next week, although I'm pretty sure it won't last me D:

Also tempted to start rewatching some of the endurance run.

Jawmuncher

Enjoyed what relatively little of Persona 4 I played on PS2. Have a feeling this being portable will allow me to spend more time with this version. Bring on next Tuesday! (well, a week or so after that when I receive it).

Definetly the main reason I loved P3P.
It being portable just made playing it so easy and great.
Turn it on play for a bit then put it to sleep when I want to take a break, rather than having to run back to a save point like I would on a console.

Hell JRPGs for me really are only doable on Portables for the most part.

Hell JRPGs for me really are only doable on Portables for the most part.

Same, I'm definitely at the point where I wish 90% of JRPGs came to Vita. Between sharing the main TV with my brother or wanting to chill in my room, and most of them aren't that graphically intensive where a big screen is necessary. I just prefer the pick-up and play nature for a game that requires so much time.

In an ideal world, PS3/Vita would be full of awesome cross-play JRPGs so we could get the best of both worlds.

I wonder where the people not wondering bout dating and hug animations but rather the combat are? Not bashin' you guys though, because many people come to these games for many different reasons, and while some hardcore Megaten people would and do bash the new Persona games for the slink mechanic, others still love the Persona series, such as I. I feel like having an objective and open eye is key to being a...well..a good person, I am just curious is all.

Jawmuncher

Same, I'm definitely at the point where I wish 90% of JRPGs came to Vita. Between sharing the main TV with my brother or wanting to chill in my room, and most of them aren't that graphically intensive where a big screen is necessary. I just prefer the pick-up and play nature for a game that requires so much time.

In an ideal world, PS3/Vita would be full of awesome cross-play JRPGs so we could get the best of both worlds.

Would definetly be interested in a JRPG that utilized that.
Or Sony you know at least added a TV out for the Vita (Pretty sure the games could hold the info for higher resolutions without eating into the costs)

Dantis

I wonder where the people not wondering bout dating and hug animations but rather the combat are? Not bashin' you guys though, because many people come to these games for many different reasons, and while some hardcore Megaten people would and do bash the new Persona games for the slink mechanic, others still love the Persona series, such as I. I feel like having an objective and open eye is key to being a...well..a good person, I am just curious is all.

What is there to know about the combat? It's mostly the same. There's the new skill-sets and the characters specific skills, I guess. Naoto is a beast now, very OP. Bikes add nothing and look a bit silly. Functionally they're the same as follow up attacks.

Why oh why is this out on the same day as PSABR... I'm going to cancel my PSABR preorder because of the price I got this for on Newegg ($30).. I'm just scared of this being hard to find later :\ Can't wait!

What is there to know about the combat? It's mostly the same. There's the new skill-sets and the characters specific skills, I guess. Naoto is a beast now, very OP. Bikes add nothing and look a bit silly. Functionally they're the same as follow up attacks.

so is there even a point to the bikes, or was that something they came up with while high?

Top Bottom