• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 Golden |OT| Love is the only gold.

Noi

I'll be wearing my P4 Social Link Expansion shirt on the day it comes out to celebrate, but won't actually get the game until GS ships me my Solid Gold. Hopefully sooner than later!

Verelios

Bought a solid-gold edition and a regular for launch. Ready to be fucking totaled.

Still does not equal Aegis, but Chie!

That's why they're best friends. Deformity brings people closer.

At least Yukiko has normal hands outside her in game character model. Her sense of humor is still deformed, though.

That and her quirky/angry personality when she isn't being "normal" is what makes her a good character. Lines like "My tofu......", "That bear needs to disappear", "I will finish you in one strike.", Snrk and anything King's Game are awesome.

Sophia

I made that post before the announcement! I agree with this now. :p

On a slightly related note - I finally finished Persona 3 Portable recently and want to experience The Answer in some form, but I probably don't have time to finish it before P4G comes out. But FES is so cheap right now...

Do I buy it, watch videos on youtube, or can someone here just give me a recap of the story? Someone decide for me.

That depends. It's very difficult, and if you're just interested in the story you should watch it on YouTube. I like the heavy focus on Aigis, but it's just far too hard for some people. :(

That and her quirky/angry personality when she isn't being "normal" is what makes her a good character. Lines like "My tofu......", "That bear needs to disappear", "I will finish you in one strike.", Snrk and anything King's Game are awesome.

Random fact: Searching for "my fried tofu" in Google brings up an image of a Yukiko cosplayer among the fried tofu. >_>;

Astra

Haha, I love Yukiko when she snaps. Angry Yukiko is the best.

6RvWT.jpg

I tried to make an avatar out of this Yukiko, but Chie is in the way, and the cut didn't turn out good.

That depends. It's very difficult, and if you're just interested in the story you should watch it on YouTube. I like the heavy focus on Aigis, but it's just far too hard for some people. :(

Yeah. My history with Persona 3 is very long and sad. It was my first game in the series and I fell in love with it instantly, but at that time in my life I was having a hard time making a lot of progress in the game. Eventually I started playing again when I got my PS3 but was still not very far. I was about half way through (just got Koro-chan) when my PS3 died and I lost the save, and had to replace it with a non-BC model. I had no way to play for a while until P3P was released, but still didn't get around to picking it up until I got my Vita. Shortly after, FES was released on PSN but I was already caught up to where I was originally on my FES save. ~_~

I went ahead and finished up P3P...honestly if I had more time I'd love to get into The Answer and experience it (I'm up for the challenge), but I don't want to be trying to finish that while playing P4G...just don't have the time. If I can find a good set of videos on youtube without annoying voice commentary, I think that will do fine. I love Aigis so I'm sure I'll enjoy it regardless.

Cornbread78

Awwe $hit, I can't wait to fire this baby up. Now for teh real challange: How to split time between Ragarok, Little King and BlOps.... Ouch... VITA will be busy baby!

My fellow Megaten fans, I beseech thee. Does anyone have a Vita wallpaper that I can put behind my persona games that represents the entirety of the Persona series, not just 4, or 3/4, or 2, or 1/2, every one. This would be greatly appreciated!

Curufinwe

I made that post before the announcement! I agree with this now. :p

On a slightly related note - I finally finished Persona 3 Portable recently and want to experience The Answer in some form, but I probably don't have time to finish it before P4G comes out. But FES is so cheap right now...

Do I buy it, watch videos on youtube, or can someone here just give me a recap of the story? Someone decide for me.

Watch it on youtube.

My fellow Megaten fans, I beseech thee. Does anyone have a Vita wallpaper that I can put behind my persona games that represents the entirety of the Persona series, not just 4, or 3/4, or 2, or 1/2, every one. This would be greatly appreciated!

Closest I found was something like this:

But not what you want, prolly.

Maybe something ambiguous like this:

Persona.jpg

Or use this:

smt.jpg

Sophia

Huh. The PS Vita comes with an 8GB memory card now. Guess I know what game I'm picking up for Christmas.

Now if I only knew a way to get the new battle theme out of my head.

pyrandes

Huh. The PS Vita comes with an 8GB memory card now. Guess I know what game I'm picking up for Christmas.

Now if I only knew a way to get the new battle theme out of my head.

New battle theme? Ill have to look this up. I probably forgot all about the new theme.

Edit: Yeah. This will be stuck in my head now.

Even though there's nothing from the new stuff I want (and they broke certain balancing), I'm still reppin' dat P4.

Boy are all those captioned portraits a knife in my side. :(

Great OT though.

Persona 5 could be...interesting.

Ain't that what makes all of them great, and the same with their chemistry? Them and the narrative they take part in would be no better than the throngs of pandering mush that it rises far above if it wasn't.

Haha, I love Yukiko when she snaps. Angry Yukiko is the best.

"I didn't ask you."

COLD FURY.

Omikaru

Hey GAF, where can I preorder the game to be shipped to Europe ? I can't find it on videogamesplus.ca anymore...

Play-Asia and Amazon US are good. But here's the link to it on VG+ if you want it.

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/product_info.php?products_id=20410

It's a bit silly, their front page banner ad for it links to the edition with the PS Vita sticker and wallpaper, which has sold out, so they made a new product for the one without it and forgot to fix the link.

I wish Konishi had done music like that for the actual OST. He stuck way too close to the source material for my liking, and it made the OST seriously boring.

I mean, what is this? It literally sounds like a PS1 song.

the ingame versions sound sightly less like that for some reason all the soundtrack versions sound less organic and more tinnish this sounds way more tinnish for some reason:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR9wfBrB9T4

Heropon

I'm playing Persona 4 right now for the first time and I'm really enjoying it, so much that I changed my avatar. I'm playing the original version, how much content I'm missing?

Dantis

I'm playing Persona 4 right now for the first time and I'm really enjoying it, so much that I changed my avatar. I'm playing the original version, how much content I'm missing?

Not much. For the most part, a new dungeon, a skiing event and two new S Links. There's some other small things like costumes, and some really minor events, but that's it.

well it ain't the same composer son. While I think P3 may actually be my least favorite of the series, you really cant top this obvious song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdMhTL5bZrs

Always felt this should have been reprised in P4. The fact that it's a battle version of what is basically the series' theme song...

Talk about under-utilized potential.

Not much. For the most part, a new dungeon, a skiing event and two new S Links. There's some other small things like costumes, and some really minor events, but that's it.

Always felt this should have been reprised in P4. The fact that it's a battle version of what is basically the series' theme song...

Talk about under-utilized potential.

they sort of tried in the anime but it takes a while to get going and still isn'tanywhere near as good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SSBFtLKams

I still loved that part. I got shivers, man.

That was the most Persona-ish original scene in the whole anime. I was watching it like "Man, this really is like a scene from Persona 3 or 4!". Loved it.

The final episode is not that great the first time, but if you watch the first episode again after that, it gets slightly better.

Venfayth

I still loved that part. I got shivers, man.

That was the most Persona-ish original scene in the whole anime. I was watching it like "Man, this really is like a scene from Persona 3 or 4!". Loved it.

Woah, I don't remember this song from the anime.

Sophia

My god I want a fully fledged remake of Persona 2 now. Sadly Atlus has never gone all out on their remakes ever so... :(

WRONG, SOPHIA, OR MARSHUU, OR WHOEVER YOU ARE.

Bah to you who have no taste! ;p

I really enjoyed We Are One And All from the final (broadcast) episode too. Actually, pretty much all the lyrical songs from the animation are good...

Top Bottom