• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 4 now on North American PSN as a PS2 Classic - $9.99

Mondy

Banned
They could've just ported over Golden and be done with it. It's not like it's still moving Vitas on its own now, or at least not enough to justify keeping it exclusive.

fedexpeon

Banned
It's on a dead platform. Now people can actually play Persona 4 without shelling out hundreds of dollars.

Why plural on the hundred?
That implies the Vita is in the 200+ dollars range instead of the the 100-199.

Anyway, P4 wouldn't be the same as P4G anyway.
And boy...I don't think I can play P4 again without suspense/resume play.
Game is too much of a grind for me at my age.

sub_o

Playing P4G right now. It's fucking phenomenal...and so meta!

EDIT: What's wrong with the Vita version?

Nothing wrong, it's a better version. Added Aeon and Jester Arcanas.

Plus it has

p4g_screens_adayinthe7hu67.jpg

One of the cutest NPCs that you can date in the game.

kick51

Banned
They could've just ported over Golden and be done with it. It's not like it's still moving Vitas on its own now, or at least not enough to justify keeping it exclusive.

that would take development time and a marketing campaign for probably not too much more in sales.

Gartooth

Fuck yes! I finished up Persona 3: FES a couple of months ago, and I was originally trying to decide whether I wanted to look for a copy of Persona 4 for PS2 online and haul out my PS2 to play it, or buy a Vita with Golden. If this does come to PS3 though, I'll probably just skip Golden and buy this.

kitzkozan

Perhaps coming to PS4 too if the rumoured PS2 emulation comes to fruition (with better emulation settings: 1080p, AA, etc.).

I hope Sony can implement a conversion system similar to Nintendo in that case. For a small fee, you convert a digital version which you bought on the PS3 for it's superior PS4 one (with 1080p, AA, remote play on vita and trophies?).

Vashetti

Banned
I hope Sony can implement a conversion system similar to Nintendo in that case. For a small fee, you convert a digital version which you bought on the PS3 for it's superior PS4 one (with 1080p, AA, remote play on vita and trophies?).

Sounds great, I'm down for that.

Vita Remote-Play on PS2 classics would be a game-changer.

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
I hate to be *that guy* but I have a friend who worked for a company that worked with Sony (can't really say which part of the process since it narrows his line of work too much) and there are around 50 or so ps2 titles basically ready to go but haven't been released/brought out. Apparently Persona 4 was one of them that's been hanging around the longest, and I'm glad it's finally being released

Xenex

I've been meaning to play P4, this is a perfect opportunity. It's like Sony doesn't want me to take the jump just yet lol.

Mondy

Banned
that would take development time and a marketing campaign for probably not too much more in sales.

Are you kidding? It would sell gangbusters. Pretty much everyone who wants the game but doesn't want to invest in a Vita. That is A LOT of people.

Linkark07

Banned
Crap, and now I have P4G collecting dust while I'm waiting got the Vita 2000. Why did I waste my money?

Good job Sony... Or Atlus... or whoever is behind this.

Just kidding. Still going to buy the Vita.

Megatron

So the game that came to ps2 after everyone moved on to ps3 is coming to ps3 now that we've moved to ps4?

Well, sign me up.

It would save me having to track down a PS2 copy and the effort to hook my PS2 back up again (lazy) and I have no intention of picking up a Vita for Golden alone. Get this out and let me see for myself what the fuss with this game is all about. Not too fussed about lack of Golden content especially if the price is right.

Vashetti

Banned
I hate to be *that guy* but I have a friend who worked for a company that worked with Sony (can't really say which part of the process since it narrows his line of work too much) and there are around 50 or so ps2 titles basically ready to go but haven't been released/brought out. Apparently Persona 4 was one of them that's been hanging around the longest, and I'm glad it's finally being released

I've also heard rumours that the Netflix Vita app for EU is ready to go and the hold-up is on Sony's end.

Might buy, despite the fact that my PS2 copy is sitting on my shelf and I can play it on my PS3 already.

P4G has spoiled me solely for additional arcanas, being able to choose what skills I can inherit during fusions and added content.

Oh and Kanji's, "Y-yeah! I'm ready to be born dammit!" line from P4G is what makes it the definitive version. :p

RaikuHebi

Banned
It works perfectly fine through a hacked PS3, so no surprise.

However it would've been cool if they'd have ported Golden.

I would prefer that Sony sticks to its own system of 'you just get the enhanced/PS4 version for free.'

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Absolutely impossible to go back to vanilla after Golden, but I'm glad Atlus seems to be putting SMT games up now with Raidou 2 having just come out this week. Hopefully this means Nocturne will happen sometime soon because I've been looking forward to that for a while.

Soriku

Absolutely impossible to go back to vanilla after Golden, but I'm glad Atlus seems to be putting SMT games up now with Raidou 2 having just come out this week. Hopefully this means Nocturne will happen sometime soon because I've been looking forward to that for a while.

Raidou 1.

Shahed

While more people playing Persona 4 is good, I couldn't go back to vanilla version after playing Golden

.la1n

Great news, been hoping they would get around to releasing a digital copy ever since Persona 3 was released on PSN.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Thanks GAF, you just cost me 7.99, just got P3FES

atlusprime

Atlus PR
Those jokers at the ESRB are totally pranking you guys. This totally couldn't be true. Totally not.

(You all believed that excuse, right?)
1523501_o.gif

PK Gaming

Even though I already own P4G, i'm going to get this

Because more P4 is nice, and I want to jot down the differences between the 2 versions

LX_Theo

Banned
JRPGs are better on handhelds anyways. I will play Golden and just have a better experience than everyone who gets this.

Celegus

Anyone know if my PS2 savefile would work with this? I used to have a backwards compatabile PS3, but it died and I got all my saves transferred to my new PS3. So I still have the PS2 virtual memory card file there, would this downloadable version be able to read it?

Top Bottom