• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 delayed to April 4, JP voices available as free DLC at launch

When will Persona 5 actually be released in the west?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nyoro SF

I already bought the game in Japan months back, but I'm still sad about the news since more NA players have to wait.

I'm very happy to hear that Atlus is finally offering dual audio though. It really is about time when all of your competitors are doing it!

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
First time ive seen a delay off a game that is already out. How odd.

Im alright it with it. Game comes out when holidays are on so i can play it then.

kurahador

Oh yeah...the well regarded Tales of Berseria will release early next year. That and DQ8 should be enough to fill my jrpg slot until this release.

Aeana

First time ive seen a delay off a game that is already out. How odd.

Im alright it with it. Game comes out when holidays are on so i can play it then.

Literally a game in this very series was delayed just before its NA release. Persona 3 got delayed from July 24 to August 14th in 2007 because an error when binding the included art books.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Fans of the same genre, there are like 5 Japanese games you can play in January to tide you over till Persona 5, namely:

- Gravity Rush 2
- Yakuza 0
- Kingdom Hearts 2.8 HD
- Tales of Berseria (it's a good Tales game, maybe better or on par with Vesperia)
- Dragon Quest VIII 3DS

And there's also RE7 on January and Nioh and Horizon on February

Capella

I'm happy for those who wanted JP voices. Another delay but this means I can probably pick up Nioh and Horizon in Feb.

Fans of the same genre, there are like 5 Japanese games you can play in January to tide you till Persona 5, namely:

- Gravity Rush 2
- Yakuza 0
- Kingdom Hearts 2.8 HD
- Tales of Berseria (it's a good Tales game, maybe better or on par with Vesperia)
- Dragon Quest VIII 3DS

And there's also RE7 on January and Nioh on February

Ugh, I forgot about these D:

StereoVsn

Fans of the same genre, there are like 5 Japanese games you can play in January to tide you till Persona 5, namely:

- Gravity Rush 2
- Yakuza 0
- Kingdom Hearts 2.8 HD
- Dragon Quest VIII 3DS

And there's also RE7 on January and Nioh on February
Yeah, but none of them are like P5 really. That said GR2 and Yakuza 0 are certain to get a lot more play time from me then expected. Maybe I will even grab DQ VIII right away.

me irl

9-mMBGe99l.jpg

Shoeless

Fans of the same genre, there are like 5 Japanese games you can play in January to tide you over till Persona 5, namely:

- Gravity Rush 2
- Yakuza 0
- Kingdom Hearts 2.8 HD
- Dragon Quest VIII 3DS

Yeah, to be fair Gravity Rush and Yakuza are pretty high on my radar, so the sting's not that bad.

Ponn

Banned
I know some people are cool with the delay or maybe they are just trying to fool themselves into being ok with it but the only Q1 game I was really looking forward to was KH 2.8 so this sucks for me. I'm actually looking forward to the Switch launch so now this is smack in the middle of that.

Envelope

sealed with a kiss
didn't care about dual audio

now i can't beat the game with my friend before we graduate

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz fuck you atlas

I already bought the game in Japan months back, but I'm still sad about the news since more NA players have to wait.

I'm very happy to hear that Atlus is finally offering dual audio though. It really is about time when all of your competitors are doing it!

It hasn't been hard to avoid spoilers, for me at least, so thats been good. A couple month delay is not bad, there's a bunch of games coming out anyway. But still, another delay...

Did you like what you played?

Defuser

Are some people seriously thinking it got delay because of dual audio? This is Atlas USA, they are always incompetent. It would have been delayed even if they didn't have any intention to include the JP audio.

They throw in dual audio DLC for free to damage control the rage and salt because they knew they fucked up twice.

Strimei

Are some people seriously thinking it got delay because of dual audio? This is Atlas USA, they are always incompetent. It would have been delayed even if they didn't have any intention to include the JP audio.

They throw in dual audio DLC for free to damage control the rage and salt because they knew they fucked up twice.

They did come out and say what the delay is for so its not like they were trying to downplay it. And honestly dual audio is a pretty big deal given how they've not done it for the games.

Aeana

Company releases some of the highest quality localizations for years and years, makes a couple of recent mistakes, suddenly is "always incompetent."

Ravage

This is what the weebs wanted, you asked for this.

'Weebs' wouldn't give an eff about those additional VO lines, which is the most likely cause for the delay.

It's so weird seeing people get so happy for a dual audio patch as a make up for the delay considering most undub patches take mod groups less than a week to make. I mean, it means PS4 players can get in on that too now, but still.....

facepalm.jpg

CJCW

- Gravity Rush 2
- Yakuza 0
- Kingdom Hearts 2.8 HD
- Dragon Quest VIII 3DS

C'mon, two of those aren't even RPG's.

I appreciate the sentiment though.

Found the free ryuji avatar and dynamic theme before learning about the news, I was very happy with the avatar and theme then I found a guy ranting on facebook about a delay. Broke my heart there.

This is the second time I will have to move my planned vacation leaves, I guess I will need to get used to doing that.

On one side, we get Japanese audio which is goddamn awesome. Perhaps its worth it.

I am having lots of trouble looking for a JP version right now and I thought since we're so close to February I can just forego the JP version. Looks like the hunt is still on.

Maybe they are working on improvements for the game on PS4 Pro?

Nazo

Oh you gotta be butt-fucking kidding me. This is the last thing I wanted to hear coming home from work.

It's not that bad of a delay but maaaaaaan...

Dual audio is pretty cool though.

Edit: Free theme is super cool.

- Gravity Rush 2
- Yakuza 0
- Kingdom Hearts 2.8 HD
- Dragon Quest VIII 3DS

japanese games isnt a genre...and only one of those is a turned based RPG, which I beat like 10 years ago

koutoru

Love the dual audio DLC, I can only imagine the hoops Atlus USA had to jump through to get this okayed by Atlus Japan.

This also gives me time to play Tales of Berseria after FFXV now.

daftstar

The Ryuji dynamic theme is awesome (I would've preferred if it was the MC though). Love the art and music. After seeing so many games in 3D on the PS4 it's nice to see the crisp illustrations and UI of P5. I can already tell this game will be a joy to see and navigate in HD.

But now it reminds me the game is still 5 months away every time I use the PS4.. dammit.

duckroll

Hmmmmm. April will be just 6 months after the JP release. I wonder if Atlus Japan mandated some sort of window for JP voice so it has no chance of eating into any domestic sales. Sounds dumb but after the P4U region lock... :p

It's a monkey's paw situation where we get all these goodies like the extra voice-overs on the dub and free dual audio, but have to take another 2 months of delay. I can appreciate the effort they're taking to improve the experience, especially with the extra voice-overs (JP version does skimp on it quite a bit), but the delay really is a shame.

Are the loadings really that long on OG PS4? Haven't seen any footage of the game in a long time so I'm genuinely wondering. If it is then I think it says more about Atlus not optimizing the game for PS4 than needing extra power to achieve it on Pro, since OG PS4 and PS3 versions look pretty identical. (and both run at 30fps)

Idk about resolution though. If the game is using assets that were made for PS3 then I think it won't look very good on higher resolutions like 4K.

It's a bit of an catch-22, because as you said, the unique assets (there are a lot in this game) might suffer a bit from the upscaling. At the same time, the game has some terrible aliasing issues that could be fixed with the higher resolution or better AA.

Loading times aren't an issue, but they are frequent enough that I can appreciate overall shorter load times.

pgharavi

Banned
Having just finished P4G and looking into P3 FES and/or P3P, I came across this comment from the PS Blog about FES:

I’ll buy this, even though I bought P3P last week, but only because it brings me closer to Persona 5.

Date posted?
April 9th, 2012

:(

Kurumi

Well at least my wallet can rest a little easier now. But dual audio and this awesome dynamic theme? Love it. Thank you Atlus!

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I mean, I'm okay with this, but it's hilarious when some people were entertaining the idea that this could see a simultaneous release with the Japanese version at one point.

Top Bottom