• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 delayed to April 4, JP voices available as free DLC at launch

When will Persona 5 actually be released in the west?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Phew.... thank god!!

Persona 5 was being released in a VERY bad time for me.... surrounded by MANY other games.

Now the release date is perfect because it will have the deserved time and attention... I''m very very happy now :)

cntr

Banned
The comments in this thread shitting on dubs are hilarious. They remind me a lot of people defending literal translations back when that Chrono Trigger "retranslation" came out.

YES!!!!, Thank you Atlus for letting me enjoy the game without having to hear the shitty english voices. God dammit, for me americans are so bad at dubbing (with exceptions of course) that i'm willing to wait a couple of more months for that alone.

Tell me, what are your thoughts on Canadian-based dubs?

Aeana

The comments in this thread shitting on dubs are hilarious. They remind me a lot of people defending literal translations back when that Chrono Trigger "retranslation" came out.

"That bitch isn't our mother! The appearance is mother, but she's something different on the inside..."

This. Enough people.

You've waited how many fucking years now for Persona V? For KH3? For FFXV? Another 2 months will fly by.

Besides, January has too many good releases you should be well stocked until April.

What a disappointment
LLShC.gif

Looks like my prediction is coming true, and Tokyo Mirage Sessions (Wii U GOTY 2016) might end up being the better game in the end as I don't believe it suffered these constant delays like Persona 5, it was smooth sailing until release for TMS #FE.

Multiple delays are never a good sign.
L M A O
M
A
O

After watching that stream, man the English voice acting is fantastic.

Way better than how they portrayed it in the trailers, and I thought the trailer voice acting was fine.

Come on, actually pay attention to what people are talking about. The conversation was bout how in many countries, dubs are only used in children media and as such, a perception that only dumb kids need dubs and adults are smart enough to read subtitles is a cultural norm for them... That's why the clarification about Godzilla movies being released with dubs in US was important, because that person wasn't talking about US...

I don't agree with that perception, even if I am a sub person, but at least I pay enough attention to notice what they are talking about >_>

Thank you, Hentailover.

aravuus

Goddamn it. I did want a couple of the Q1 games to get delayed, but not this one lol.

Humm well, at least I should be done with my thesis by the time the new release date rolls around. Maybe I'll even have a 4k TV then. P5 should look amazing on one of those.

Dugna

So glad I imported and I'm getting my fix, also nice to see dual audio, if tons buy this like they say they will then we can start getting dual audio as a common thing for Atlus USA published titles.

Eusis

Hmmmmm. April will be just 6 months after the JP release. I wonder if Atlus Japan mandated some sort of window for JP voice so it has no chance of eating into any domestic sales. Sounds dumb but after the P4U region lock... :p
I wouldn't put it past some of these companies. It's better than before and compared to older releases a mercifully short release window, but massively disappointing after more recent major Atlus releases. Fuck's sake even Persona 4 had a smaller window though P3 kinda blew things up big time and it's kind of amazing how P4's squeezed that out in the public eye.

SlickVic

I'm usually for delays as I want devs to try to take their time and gets things right, but man is it tough to look at this one when the game is already out somewhere. But whatever, if there was going to be issues with the localization like a rushed English script and/or low quality voice work, I'm all for a delay to polish that up.

I played Persona 4 for the first time in 2014 with P4G so honestly it hasn't been that long since I last played one of these. No clue how people who played the original P4 way back in 2008 have managed to stay sane during their wait for a new Persona game.

random25

Lol, you know you will. Don't lie.

It's not like I'm saying I'm never gonna get it. It's just that during those times I'm probably busier at work and other things in life. Could have been a great holiday game this year with all those vacation days spent playing this game. February is still pretty tolerable with Chinese New Year reducing the work load. But in April, that will be shelved for months if I ever get it day 1.

I played Persona 4 for the first time in 2014 with P4G so honestly it hasn't been that long since I last played one of these. No clue how people who played the original P4 way back in 2008 have managed to stay sane during their wait for a new Persona game.

Persona 4 Dancing All Night.

itshutton

So now my plan is Final Fantasy XV December to Feb, Horizon Feb - April and Persona April -beyond. As someone who struggles to find time for gaming, this is good news.

N30RYU

Why not release the game as planned and the ones that want Japanes VO wait two months for the DLC?

I'm good with the former english VO... and I want my game on Valentine's Day...

What a disappointment
LLShC.gif

Looks like my prediction is coming true, and Tokyo Mirage Sessions (Wii U GOTY 2016) might end up being the better game in the end as I don't believe it suffered these constant delays like Persona 5, it was smooth sailing until release for TMS #FE.

Multiple delays are never a good sign.
It's already been out, and Persona 5 looks to be "better" than TMS. It really depends on what you want tho. If you think it's gonna rate lower than you're insane, lol.

Triteon

Man that sucks. Alot of peeps in here happy for the delay due to overcrowding at that time but im struggling to think of anything i want in feb.

Top Bottom