• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 delayed to April 4, JP voices available as free DLC at launch

When will Persona 5 actually be released in the west?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Not to get too off topic, but does the story pick up in that game? I loved P4G and I had some fun in the 'Free Dance' mode in DAN, but played the story mode for maybe an hour or two and just wasn't feeling it. Haven't touched the game since.
It's probably the worst out of all the spinoffs.

Dugna

Not to get too off topic, but does the story pick up in that game? I loved P4G and I had some fun in the 'Free Dance' mode in DAN, but played the story mode for maybe an hour or two and just wasn't feeling it. Haven't touched the game since.

The story is basically persona 4 lite, its light on details its light on content and light on overall impact....and I enjoyed P4A's story.....play the story maybe once or read up on it....the main point of P4DAN is just to have the songs in a dancing game.

Eldainorn

Perfectly fine with it. February is packed anyway, so I really don't care if I wait another 2 months. And I also want to play with the japanese dub so I am actually glad that they delayed it. :D

This is a good move because February was too packed. Now Nioh gets to shine. Still no update on NieR Automata worldwide release though. Hopefully it gets pushed back too.

Yui

Ugh, another delay.

But the JP voices DLC is a pretty good "sorry for not showing on v day" gift, so it's alright.

Ugh, another delay.

But the JP voices DLC is a pretty good "sorry for not showing on v day" gift, so it's alright.

This is how I ended up feeling about the news. The delay sucks and it's going to be rough waiting for two months but the game will eventually come out and we got dual audio which was never part of the original plan to my knowledge.

I don't freaking care about dual audio I was going to play the game in English anyway.

That was pretty much my thought, couldn't care less. It will please some people though so good for Atlus to do it I suppose. Listening to some fans.

As long as the game is good I can wait. It's a real shame though as I have time off in February which would have been perfect to play it.

This how you do delays! More devs need to follow the lead of Atlus and SIE Japan/Project Siren. (They sweetened the bitter pill of Gravity Rush 2 delay by making its initially planned paid for DLC free for all.)

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
This how you do delays! More devs need to follow the lead of Atlus and SIE Japan/Project Siren. (They sweetened the bitter pill of Gravity Rush 2 delay by making its initially planned paid for DLC free for all.)

Not trying to be a buzzkill here, but almost every other dev is already including dual audio from the start.

NateDog

Personally I'm OK with this since I was never going to get it until at least April with FFXV, TLG and KH2.8 out within 2 months of each other but sucks for those waiting on it.

Durante

Even if I don't care for Persona past 2 all that much, it's so nice to see the last major regressive holdout against dual audio crumbling.

This is it.

It makes no sense if it's dual audio. Just release DLC later. Were that many people really coming with torches and pitchforks over day 1 Japanese audio.The whole localization was badly planned, full of showing stuff off before substantive work was done, and the localization team was probably too small anyway.

Also, the sweet irony of the English dub being more expansive than the Japanese version anyway.

Unrelated but..Why do people think we're getting Nier in February? I'm kind of doubtful Japan is even getting that game in February.

ffvorax

Well... ok... not even care anymore about the delays, I just preordered it and won't think too much about anymore... XD

EDIT:
I personally keep the english voice, I played persona 4 with the ENG and then tried JAP, but I liked the work done with eng so...
Well I'm actually Italian, so maybe I can't recognize a good eng, but I personally liked the voices and all... :p

Dugna

Hoping for native 4k or/and 1080p 60fps.

Yeah....that won't happen at launch....game runs very smooth on PS4 but I don't think we will get 4K.

I mean I think the game already runs at 60fps on PS4 I haven't noticed any slowdowns at all while playing the japanese version.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
It makes no sense if it's dual audio. Just release DLC later. Were that many people really coming with torches and pitchforks over day 1 Japanese audio.The whole localization was badly planned, full of showing stuff off before substantive work was done, and the localization team was probably too small anyway.

Also, the sweet irony of the English dub being more expansive than the Japanese version anyway.

Unrelated but..Why do people think we're getting Nier in February? I'm kind of doubtful Japan is even getting that game in February.

The delay is not due to the dual audio, they explicitly state this in the stream. Heck, they actually cite the decision to dub more lines as one of the reasons.

I mean I think the game already runs at 60fps on PS4 I haven't noticed any slowdowns at all while playing the japanese version.

Nah, it's capped at 30. There are virtually no drops whatsoever though. I noticed very brief slowdown in one boss fight and at a couple of spots in the fifth dungeon, but other than that, nothing.
What's the deal with the whole "every game from now on has to have pro support"? I don't imagine the same rule will apply to localizations, will it?

Yeah....that won't happen at launch....game runs very smooth on PS4 but I don't think we will get 4K.

I'm fairly certain the game is 30fps on PS4. Even the "60fps" trailers on YouTube and such look like 30fps in gameplay.

Dugna

I'm fairly certain the game is 30fps on PS4. Even the "60fps" trailers on YouTube and such look like 30fps in gameplay.

it must be like super stable 30fps or something because again I haven't noticed anything bad about it, its visually a very good game.

artsi

Hoping for native 4k or/and 1080p 60fps.

It's 1080p / 30fps on PS4 and I would not expect a Pro patch unless Atlus USA has the means to make changes in the engine on that level.

I can't find the free theme and avatar on the European store? Is it US only? It's not mentioned in the EU blog post so probably US only. Ofcourse. Guess I'll need to make an US PS account as well.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
I can't find the free theme and avatar on the European store? Is it US only? It's not mentioned in the EU blog post so probably US only. Ofcourse. Guess I'll need to make an US PS account as well.

At the moment. Comes out on the 24th in Europe. Will only be free for 24 hours so you'll probably want to set a reminder.

GeNoMe

I'm oké with this. My backlog is murdering me anyway! Besides, I'm still having way to much fun with my first playtrough of PS4G.

kromeo

Sounds like a stategic decision to me. They can stick their dual audio high between their buttocks :(
Don't mind, plenty otrher games to play ;P

More annoying is I predordered the CE and I honestly can't remember where from, can't find a confirmation email and I already checked Amazon.. My debit card expires in March...

Good, this way I can save up more money for Switch release.

I still have my Steal Your Heart Edition on pre-order, so I definitely won't miss out on P5 at least.

Vex_

Banned
Holy shit this is embarrassing. Get your shit together, Atlus. Get it together or YOURE FINISHED as a company.

I and many others will vote with our wallets and not buy your products. You'll be sorry you messed with me. If April comes around and the game doesnt release still, I promise to never buy an Atlus product ever again. I also have many followers - all good people - and they will join me. You will see a major decrease in sales.

I can accept one delay, hell even two.... BUT THIS?!! I'm warning you, ATLUS. Last chance.

Elios83

Theme is region locked unfortunately.
It will only work on your US account.
So let's wait for the european release. It's really really cool btw.

Holy shit this is embarrassing. Get your shit together, Atlus. Get it together or YOURE FINISHED as a company.

I and many others will vote with our wallets and not buy your products. You'll be sorry you messed with me. If April comes around and the game doesnt release still, I promise to never buy an Atlus product ever again. I also have many followers - all good people - and they will join me. You will see a major decrease in sales.

I can accept one delay, hell even two.... BUT THIS?!! I'm warning you, ATLUS. Last chance.

You're trying too hard to make a meme here.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member

nice copy pasta lul

Theme is region locked unfortunately.
It will only work on your US account.
So let's wait for the european release. It's really really cool btw.

Theme works on my main account(South Africa), just struggled to figure out where the theme was after getting the avatars.

Personally, I'm kind of glad it got delayed. I was on a crash course with franchise fatigue and this is something I am absolutely going to play on day one, so that pushes it back just enough for me to have rid my mind off all the Persona 4 spin-offs I played awaiting P5's release ...a release I was expecting to enjoy a couple of years ago when my hype for this game was unable to be contained, but nevertheless, the Japanese audio track being included free of charge is very exciting and will make up for the several release date delays.

While I was merely jesting, the story mode is pretty much what you can expect from a spin-off rhythm game title. If those first 2 hours of persona-lite didn't sell you, the rest of the game probably won't.

EU gets it later...think it was the 24th, the US free one was yesterday.
Still up on the US store right now, just grabbed it.

Also people getting extremely aggressive and volatile over having to wait another 6 weeks. It's not even 2 months. And I've been ultra-hyped and waiting since 2014 too.

Meanwhile Japanese Dub and a high quality polished localization are something that'll last forever.

Reminds me of the announcement of the 6 weeks delay that the PC version of Dark Souls 2 had. Very similar reactions (and dodging spoilers actually REALLY was difficult because console players were playing the English version of the game and posting spoilers all over the internet), yet after 8 weeks literally no one gave a fuck about the delay anymore and was just glad that we got a stellar PC port.

MisterMac

Thank you to everyone who voiced your opinon anywhere that you wanted the Japanese voice option and that it was important to you. Especially in the face of everyone who tried to shout down your opinion as "bitching" or "whining" or presenting this "well you'd have to be an asshole to listen to a language you can't understand" fallacy. You are all the best and those "whining complaints" AKA requests for a perfectly reasonable feature for Japanese voices in a game
Set in Japan, about life in Japan, and starring fucking Japanese characters. Those are the reason we all have the option to listen to the original voice cast. Never listen to anyone who tells you to shut up.

This was a dealbreaker for me. There are other games to play, so why should I put down my money for a game that didn't meet my expectations? Thank you Atlus for listening to the fans this feature is important to. It's awesome living in a reality where P5 will steal my heart instead of being a missed opportunity.

All due respect to the English cast, I hope to hear all those actors someday, in other games

Edit: Also I don't care about the delay. With the Japanese language track now being available this game became a priority for me. Release it whenever you want I will play it over any other game in that release window.

Top Bottom