• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 delayed to April 4, JP voices available as free DLC at launch

When will Persona 5 actually be released in the west?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zero315

Banned
Hmmmmm. April will be just 6 months after the JP release. I wonder if Atlus Japan mandated some sort of window for JP voice so it has no chance of eating into any domestic sales. Sounds dumb but after the P4U region lock... :p

I thought that was due to Index being skittish about that stuff and not Atlus. Which means it wouldn't matter since Sega owns Atlus now.

Which is worse Persona 5 or Zelda botw?
I bought a Wii U in 2014 when an EB Games employee said that a new Zelda was going to be released in 2015.

Aters

they better not delay the goddamn asian version as well
LLShC.gif

They'd better! P4G came out earlier in Asia. I expect the same for P5.

Varg

Banned
Slowly but surely your going to see all of these games that were for the first two months of 2017 get delayed and have their own release window.

Exentryk

This is actually good news. I was going to buy NieR Automata and then delay Persona 5 purchase, but now I should be able to play this day 1.

Well shit. I'll find other stuff to play, but unless NNK2 magically drops in February, nothing I'm so looking forward to.

Edit: ooh, forget Nier:A was Feb. I guess not so bad.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
This is actually good news. I was going to buy NieR Automata and then delay Persona 5 purchase, but now I should be able to play this day 1.

Thing is, we don't know when NieR Automata will be coming out in English. All we know is the Japanese release date.

Koch media, now you have time for those pal translations, dont be cheap and do the correct thing, expand the audience of persona in europe.

I would love it if similar to FFXV, the other language versions were more literal translations than the english one.
Or can we expect it to be very close to the original?

FStop7

Banned
I just don't want to hear big plot spoilers. I've gone pretty far out of the way to avoid learning much of anything about P5 and the longer it is until the English release the higher the odds of seeing some spoilery things are.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
What a disappointment
LLShC.gif

Looks like my prediction is coming true, and Tokyo Mirage Sessions (Wii U GOTY 2016) might end up being the better game in the end as I don't believe it suffered these constant delays like Persona 5, it was smooth sailing until release for TMS #FE.

Multiple delays are never a good sign.

Exentryk

Thing is, we don't know when NieR Automata will be coming out in English. All we know is the Japanese release date.

Actually yeah, you're right. They haven't confirmed western release date. Still, we have KH2.8 in late Jan, so Feb would be busy with that too.

Jarmel

Banned
Hmmmmm. April will be just 6 months after the JP release. I wonder if Atlus Japan mandated some sort of window for JP voice so it has no chance of eating into any domestic sales. Sounds dumb but after the P4U region lock... :p

That was my first reaction but they're claiming it's Q&A reasons.

Wow, someone promote that junior lol. Delayed with dual audio is pretty good.
On the other hand, I guess Atlus USA got a call from Sega when they saw the crazy sales in japan. They can't afford to screw this up now.

Kudo

What a disappointment
LLShC.gif

Looks like my prediction is coming true, and Tokyo Mirage Sessions (Wii U GOTY 2016) might end up being the better game in the end as I don't believe it suffered these constant delays like Persona 5, it was smooth sailing until release for TMS #FE.

Persona 5 is already released in Japan though.

-Horizon-

What a disappointment
LLShC.gif

Well Persona 5 has already been out in japan for a couple of months now. If anything this delay is atlus not wanting to get it overwhelmed by other AAA games in february right?

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Well Persona 5 has already been out in japan for a couple of months now. If anything this delay is atlus not wanting to get it overwhelmed by other AAA games in february right?

Isn't this quality control?

I doubt Persona 5 has any real competition in the RPG genre in March, let alone the whole year.

What a disappointment
LLShC.gif

75 hours in on the JP release and it's the best Persona game yet! Worry not.

Stider

Well this bloody sucks. Just got my approval for 3 weeks leave starting on the 13th approved, now I have no need for it :(

Cxbgg5GUUAAi9HZ.jpg

In a seriousness though, the delay is pretty unfortunate but at least I'll have NieR to play (if they are able to do a worldwide release like they said). I never really cared about dual audio cause I play long games like this dubbed cause it's easier to play when I'm tired and staying up late lol. But hey at least the English dub will be getting even more lines than the Japanese dub

Please, Altus. Please.

The wait for this and Cosmic Star Heroine are killing me. At least the delay is only two months. I'll probably be replaying FFXV and working through Tales of Berseria, but this still hurts a bit.

Love is Over!

CSX

Super bummed, but I'll live.

I wonder if they'll have to have PS Pro support.

Unlikely. Original release of game was out before the cutoff date of mandatory Pro mode support. Atlus probably has little to no interest in supporting a console that sold less than 50K in its first week in Japan outside of endless streams of costume and music DLC.

Then again, if so many people were able to demand dual audio DLC succesfully, Pro mode support needs to be the next thing lol. Maybe get Atlus USA to request it from Atlus JP for the overseas audience.

YES!!!!, Thank you Atlus for letting me enjoy the game without having to hear the shitty english voices. God dammit, for me americans are so bad at dubbing (with exceptions of course) that i'm willing to wait a couple of more months for that alone.

Top Bottom