• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 - First details from Dengeki

Almighty

Well I was expecting a high school setting so that doesn't bother me. Can't wait for more info to come out on this game. Persona 5 and the Trails in the Sky games(the PC versions) are the only JRPGs I am looking forward to right now.

- At that time they wanted to develop it for the mobile.

Jesus, talk about dodging a bullet there. I would of been very pissed if Persona 5 was handheld only.

Yeah, really glad they decided to bring Persona to the HD era. Don't dislike handhelds, but Japanese RPGs need more console representation. A high quality series like Persona deserves to have as much worldwide presence as possible to help the genre's reputation among Westerners. That could help pave the way for more good, console JRPG's to be made.

Not bothered its still in high school. I felt like they did every trope there is in P4G and P3 though. I just hope its not as slow as P4 or P3 in the beginning as thats the most common complaint among my friends who I recommend it to. I don't mind personally. Whatever the plot and setting is, I'll just be all over it.
The only jrpgs I'm looking forward to is this and tits sc.

I bet you anything a college setting would've been the same exact formula except it says you're in college. smh the complainers will never learn
And besides, I think it's been said and buried multiple times in each persona thread that the Japanese college experience is almost completely different than a western one from a cultural standpoint (I should know, I'm an expert, they would have shot themselves in the foot, etc).

P3 already had them living in a dorm and off pursuing their separate hobbies. That might be about as close as we're ever going to get.

kasane

College in us = highschool in japan i think.

Since i enjoyed the fuck out of my highschool years and now college is like pure study for me

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Based on the theme we were told I'm guessing P5 MC is going to be an even bigger therapist in his Social Links than P3 and P4 MC's.

duckroll

I don't know what source that tumblr post is using, but I don't see any of the "additional" info reported on any Japanese sources. Unless the person posting that has the actual mag. But based on some of the phrasing, I don't think the person is very good at translating the available information at all, so I would take it all with a grain of salt. Also, that link contains a scan, so it's a no no.

PK Gaming

I actually liked the female MC option in P3P
Lots of people did. It was one of the only dual-gendered RPGs where I felt like I was actually playing as a girl, and the entire world acknowledged that. It was a really fun and unique experience for me.
But they didn't add a FeMC in Persona 4 Golden...
I think I read somewhere that a FeMC option wasn't in the cards for Golden.

In any case, it doesn't look like we'll get a female option on P5s first release. Our best bet is to wait until they revisit P5 sometime in the future-future.

Shouta

I, for one, feel owed a Vita version at some point.

But I can deal with consoles.

Actually, I'd love for them to take the Nihon Falcom approach and do it for both PS3 and Vita. They can have cross-platform save functionality so users that want to have both games can play it at home and then take it on the go.

It won't happen but it would've been neat.

FluxWaveZ

In any case, it doesn't look like we'll get a female option on P5s first release. Our best bet is to wait until they revisit P5 sometime in the future-future.

I feel it's a bit too early to automatically think that the protagonist will be male, even though it's the most likely.

VXLbeast

I can survive a high school setting with themes like that. Very much looking forward to gobbling up every trickle of information they release.

That's exactly what I said a few pages back. I want to be able to text to improve social links and have a faux Facebook page where my friends can post on my wall! :D

Faux Facebook would be interesting.

"Just realized my full potential thanks to my new friends and Persona"
"P5 MC likes this."

:p

Actually, I'd love for them to take the Nihon Falcom approach and do it for both PS3 and Vita. They can have cross-platform save functionality so users that want to have both games can play it at home and then take it on the go.

I think the holy grail of big rpgs for me would be the ability to play the main story sections at home on a big screen, and then be able to grind on the go.

I'm ecstatic that little by little, we seem to be getting there.

Gbraga

Faux Facebook would be interesting.

"Just realized my full potential thanks to my new friends and Persona"
"P5 MC likes this."

:p

Oh, that's right, we need an official name for him/her so we can all use.

P3 got Jesus McBlue and P4 Charlie Tunoku, but those true names were only revealed to us after we all played the games.

Dr. Buni

P4 made it hard to have a FeMC option because
there are no handsome guys for her to date.

Search into your hearts, you know this to be true.
lol

I can't say I disagree. Well, there is Dojima, but it would be incest, etc.
Why? I don't have high hopes for a new FeMC, but we know almost nothing about the game yet to affirm that.
Makes me think we might have a voiced MC for the first time in the series. Mute MC's are increasingly rare in RPG's after all.
Ugh. Please no, I can't relate to voiced main characters in RPGs :/

PK Gaming

I feel it's a bit too early to automatically think that the protagonist will be male, even though it's the most likely.
True, but it's easier to assume that there won't be. That way I won't be let down when we get more info on the game.

:(
P4 made it hard to have a FeMC option because
there are no handsome guys for her to date.

Search into your hearts, you know this to be true.
I dunno! A female protagonist for P4 would potentially have Yosuke, Kanji, Teddie, Kou, Daisuke and
Adachi, haha
as a romance option. Those are pretty decent choices.

Gbraga

I also think the chances of getting FeMC only are slim, but it is too early to say anything, maybe we'll get more than one protagonist, so we could have both.

I personally don't like the idea, but it's possible.

Moonlight

Banned

Most definitely.

Dr. Buni

I still wish there was a feMC x Adachi S-link. The twist is that
he pushes YOU into the TV world
Then
we would get a dungeon based on the FeMC's personality and get to fight Shadow FeMC
? Yeah, that would've been great. Look at the great opportunities you missed, Atlus :p

7Th

I dunno! A female protagonist for P4 would potentially have Yosuke, Kanji, Teddie, Kou, Daisuke and
Adachi, haha

Yosuke and Kanji are way too dorky compared to Akihito, Kaworu or Shinjiro.

The only real choices are probably Teddie and
Adachi.

Steel

Banned
Yosuke and Kanji are way too dorky compared to Akihito, Kaworu or Shinjiro.

The only real choices are probably Teddie and
Adachi.

Could always add Naoto to that. Man, the giggles that would result from how awkward that would be.

Gbraga

True, but it's easier to assume that there won't be. That way I won't be let down when we get more info on the game.

:(

Adachi, haha

Daisuke is fine, but his S-Link would have to be WAAAAY better for me to look at him as a potential husbando

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Then
we would get a dungeon based on the FeMC's personality and get to fight Shadow FeMC
? Yeah, that would've been great. Look at the great opportunities you missed, Atlus :p

Yup!
It would replace the entire Yosuke/Chie intro! Also, it would make the "bad" ending that much more interesting, because she might end up becoming Adachi's accomplice out of "love".

Dr. Buni

Yup!
It would replace the entire Yosuke/Chie intro! Also, it would make the "bad" ending that much more interesting, because she might end up becoming Adachi's accomplice out of "love".
Hoho that would have been fantastic and kind of messed up, if you think about it.
I don't see them having both mc and femc option for 5, Too much effort it seems. Maybe in a port in the future.
I fail to see how it is too much effort. Having both genders should be a must for every game post P3P.

Top Bottom