• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |Import OT| You Are Slave. Want Emancipation? Coming Winter 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xypher

The wheater affect whenever some events are available or not . no direct bonuses to exploration or stamina in dongeons.
While it doesn't affect the dongeons , the system is still in play for various other parameters that i don't want to spoil really

There are weather effects for dungeons, and those are deeper than they were previously.

Easy is for newcomers , normal is a pretty simple if you're accustomed to rpgs. nothing that you haven't seen before. And the game structure make it simple to avoid 99% of the traps if you save often

Characters not in party the active party get experience regardless. ( they just need to be part of the group during the battle and they'll get experience ) The reason is simple , there will come a moment where you'll be able to swap active and innactive characters during the battle.
AND the innactive characters can still influence the battle in various ways thanks to their perks ( like a sudden attack during some specific conditions ).
Bottom line , as long as they are in the party and considered playable in the menu , they will get experience.

1) I'd say stick with normal if you were fine with it in P4. There's next to no grinding in P5. Unlike the other games, you can change the difficulty at any time too, so there's no need to worry about being locked into a difficulty you won't enjoy.

2) There are some pretty big changes on this front, yeah. Inactive party members will earn a fraction of EXP from battles, and by ranking up one of the side social links, you'll increase the amount that both active and inactive ones earn. You're also able to switch party members mid-dungeon rather than just at the start so you're not forced to stick with 4 people for the bulk of the time.

The difficulty changes mid game and party member swap sound pretty good. Thanks for the info.

Gu4n

So do people still like this game now that it's had some time to stew?
I still really like it, but do have some problems with the game I can't overlook. If I ever get around doing a second playthrough, I might enjoy it more since I know what to expect, but the game let me down on its most crucial moments -- anti-climatic, if you will. Also, I found the soundtrack underwhelming. Other than that, I still stand behind the 9/10 I originally reviewed the game as.

Small question for those who finished P5 :

Is there any bad consequenece in this game if you date everyone available? Like in Persona 3 where it impacted the gameplay etc... ?

try to answer without any spoilers, characters, etc... i just want to know if there's any negative impact if you do it!

Thanks!

Also, for those who played persona 2, how would you compare it to Persona 5, story wise? (P2 is my favorite for the story)

Xypher

Small question for those who finished P5 :

Is there any bad consequenece in this game if you date everyone available? Like in Persona 3 where it impacted the gameplay etc... ?

try to answer without any spoilers, characters, etc... i just want to know if there's any negative impact if you do it!

Thanks!

It's not a "negative impact" like Persona 3, but more like Persona 4 golden, in case you played that.

Xypher

Seriously?

i've played that game 145 hours and never felt them.
or do you mean mementos ? because i don't recall any changes during the big ones.

I did mean mementos, as it also is a dungeon, but during the "big ones",no. But then again you will spend way more time in mementos than in the other dungeons anyways. And he asked whether there was a weather system with bonuses, and being able to
beat the reaper super easily during an influenza day, and more treasure demons appearing is definitely a big bonus.

Beckx

you will spend way more time in mementos than in the other dungeons anyways.[/spoiler]

not me, it's very easy to speed through to the targets and get out. like you really only have to spend time there if you want to.
i am not counting the 2 hours i spent killing reapers in December, which was probably equal to the amount of time i had spent in mementos to that point -
but even counting that it's nowhere close to my time in individual dungeons, let alone all of the them together

Xypher

not me, it's very easy to speed through to the targets and get out. like you really only have to spend time there if you want to.
i am not counting the 2 hours i spent killing reapers in December, which was probably equal to the amount of time i had spent in mementos to that point -
but even counting that it's nowhere close to my time in individual dungeons, let alone all of the them together

There we can see just how different you can play this game.
I personally just rushed throgh the main dung ons, and only spent the three required in game days on those, while I would frequently go to mementos for grinding and treasure hunting. But of course not as much time as all the other dungeons combined.

There we can see just how different you can play this game.
I personally just rushed throgh the main dung ons, and only spent the three required in game days on those, while I would frequently go to mementos for grinding and treasure hunting. But of course not as much time as all the other dungeons combined.

i played différently than you.

I spend way more time during the main dongeon than mementos. i certainly did the quests but i was going straight to my goal(s).

Despite the last 10 hours of the game ( and you're right mementos is a dongeon ) , i don't consider mementos to be a "normal" dongeon.
As for the bonuses , i maintain that they are minimal from my POV. I mean you're right they are there ... but they had like no impact what so ever on my adventures. i even forgot they were there!!

Halp.

I'm at the last dungeon and I'm level
60. I see everyone else's average lvl at 74 and this is 4 days away from the election. How do I level up some more?? Mementos has no more targets and I'm weak against Shidou as once I get to the third form of his I die.

Gestahl

Halp.

60. I see everyone else's average lvl at 74 and this is 4 days away from the election. How do I level up some more?? Mementos has no more targets and I'm weak against Shidou as once I get to the third form of his I die.

Just grind on higher level shadows until you get into the low-mid sixties and buy some monster personas using
Strength
's final perk. I'm pretty sure that stingy fucker
Oberon
in there is 66 at least, you can easily get around that level and that's more than enough for the boss.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
Halp.

Ignore the in-game average level counter, it's total bs and almost definitely gets inflated by NG+ levels and people who grind absurd amounts. Most guides online recommend being between level 60-65 for that fight, and there's absolutely no way you're meant to be above 65 there. Just be super careful to do the usual stuff when the boss charges, like upping your defense, using dekaja, and guarding.

Ignore the in-game average level counter, it's total bs and almost definitely gets inflated by NG+ levels and people who grind absurd amounts. Most guides online recommend being between level 60-65 for that fight, and there's absolutely no way you're meant to be above 65 there. Just be super careful to do the usual stuff when the boss charges, like upping your defense, using dekaja, and guarding.

basically on the last part of the fight( I assume), I end up losing all my allies and I have no more SP/revives. I can get the first two parts out easy but the third one takes little dmg.

Gestahl

There's a free dlc item pack that has a Soma I think if you haven't used that already along with the several that the game gives you.

D

Deleted member 518609

Unconfirmed Member
basically on the last part of the fight( I assume), I end up losing all my allies and I have no more SP/revives. I can get the first two parts out easy but the third one takes little dmg.

I guess I'd suggest asking for some money from negotiations if you need to, and buying the accessory that heals a large amount of SP per turn and finding a Persona with recarm (Morgana should have it at that level IIRC anyway), and making use of that. If you can afford to, it'd be good to equip the whole party with them, since that replenishes 7 SP per turn and would pretty much completely remove the problem with SP. If you've done the first rank of Hifumi's co-op, you could swap out party members as they get lower on SP in favor of "fresh" ones.

I guess I'd suggest asking for some money from negotiations if you need to, and buying the accessory that heals a large amount of SP per turn and finding a Persona with recarm (Morgana should have it at that level IIRC anyway), and making use of that. If you can afford to, it'd be good to equip the whole party with them, since that replenishes 7 SP per turn and would pretty much completely remove the problem with SP. If you've done the first rank of Hifumi's co-op, you could swap out party members as they get lower on SP in favor of "fresh" ones.

Alright I'll check this out. Is that accessory from Takemi?

Beckx

Finished the game last night. Whew! It felt like a huge relief to be done, because like I said on the last page, it's a bit too long of a game for me. But what a great, great game in spite of that. Absolutely loved it.

Halp.

The average level gets skewed on the first influenza outbreak (November) because of the powerleveling trick (which unfortunately you're now past being able to use, I believe Dec 8 or 9 is like the last flu outbreak).

I beat that dungeon I was on... and there's STILL stuff to do! Wow this game is lengthy.

I have to say though, Mementos isn't that bad because of Mona-van.

Edit: Just got to the bottom of Mementos and I changed my mind, Mementos is cool right here. The new track and higher level enemies are fun. this game keeps on givin!

Quick question. Does the game ever explain what happens to all the other velvet room residents? Like why it's only Igor there? Would like to see others like Belladonna or even ones from the newer games.

Rarius

Two Questions:

1. Is it the Persona we've all been waiting for (E.G. Worth the wait)

2. Is it true that the game is lengthy, and actually has content to back it up?

Two Questions:

1. Is it the Persona we've all been waiting for (E.G. Worth the wait)

2. Is it true that the game is lengthy, and actually has content to back it up?

If i tell you that i've cleared the game the first time at 115 hours , without clearing all the S-links without fishing , without the batting center , without several other time sink mini games would you believe me ?
And you can be assured that i wasn't lost trying to figure out where to go , i knew exactly what i was doing.
This game got content. Some people in this thread did their first clear at 145 hours.
Right now my save is at 172 hours and i'm still not done with this game.( new game +)

And yeah , this game's freaking awesome. Definitely worth the wait.

Probably the right place to ask this: could someone list me the ultimate/highest level Persona of each Arcana?

A couple of high persona :
Devil :
Belzebuth lv 84
Star :
Lucifer lv 93
Judgement :
Satan lv 92
Fool :
サタナエル lv 95
Sorry about this one , i'm not sure about the correct english translation for this one.
Emperor :
Odin lv 82

I haven't myself made any others. SO i can't complete this list

So I've never played a Persona game, but I feel sold on this game. However, I have no intention of buying a PS4 anytime soon. Is there any harm in buying the PS3 version? Is it generally the same game, just rendering at a lower resolution?

So I've never played a Persona game, but I feel sold on this game. However, I have no intention of buying a PS4 anytime soon. Is there any harm in buying the PS3 version? Is it generally the same game, just rendering at a lower resolution?

It's basically the same game. You'd probably find load times might be longer.

It's whatever. No need to spend 200$ extra just to save me 10-20 seconds between scenes. Thank you!

It add up.

Taking into account , my base 115 hours first run , with the added loading time i would be at like 125+ hours or more.

It's a significant upgrade, especially in a game with SO MANY BATTLES

Beckx

Quick question. Does the game ever explain what happens to all the other velvet room residents? Like why it's only Igor there? Would like to see others like Belladonna or even ones from the newer games.

non spoiler answer: sorta; it would not make sense for any of them to be there.

spoiler answer (really really spoiler don't click if you haven't finished):
something big went down between Yaldabaoth and Igor before the game begins; splitting Lavensa into two beings, putting Igor in jail, and who knows what else. We don't know what all happened, but having anyone there who knew Igor would make the plot fall apart because (just like Lavensa) they would recognize he's not Igor

So how badly did I get the game spoiled
Goro is the traitor
:/
I mean I thought something was gonna be up with him even in the anime episode, so I'm hoping it's not bad.

na you're fine. that's like the twist you see coming a mile away
Ah thank you so much for the fast reply.
I know it's really daft , but it made me really sad to get spoiled this close to release, been waiting for this game for so long.

Side note : Just saw my post on the first page , I was way less salty about early JP release back then.

Beckx

So how badly did I get the game spoiled
Goro is the traitor
:/
I mean I thought something was gonna be up with him even in the anime episode, so I'm hoping it's not bad.

as spoilers go that's several orders of magnitude less than what I have spoilered above, so you're good. plus what you've listed is not complete because what's going on there is more complicated w/ a good backstory. it's a good example of knowing a single isolated item doesn't ruin anything because it's all the other stuff about that item that makes it good.

pablito

Got a question about stealth mechanics.

Say you're in a hallway and there's some chairs you can dash to, and a shadow roaming. If you get close and hide behind a chair, will shadows ever walk past you? I remember in
the opening, some human guards walked past you.
Just trying to figure out some ways to avoid fights.

Got a question about stealth mechanics.

Say you're in a hallway and there's some chairs you can dash to, and a shadow roaming. If you get close and hide behind a chair, will shadows ever walk past you? I remember in
the opening, some human guards walked past you.
Just trying to figure out some ways to avoid fights.

If you're crouching ( meaning in hiding ) , 99% of the shadow will go past you.

That is assuming they aren't in alert mode first...because if they are looking for you, that might not work

Kensuke

So, how hard is it to see all social links (perhaps maybe just not maxing 1 or 2) in one playthrough? Will I have to micromanage every single day or is at least a bit lenient? How many did you guys left undone?

So, how hard is it to see all social links (perhaps maybe just not maxing 1 or 2) in one playthrough? Will I have to micromanage every single day or is at least a bit lenient? How many did you guys left undone?

As long as you prioritize certain ones (arcana in spoiler)
Death, Temperance and Fortune
, play it smart in increasing your parameters, and always save up a few missions for each Mementos trip (rather than going every time you get one), you should be fine. You won't have a ton of extra time for the fishing, batting range and so on, but I got all of them to max without following any sort of time table and had about two weeks of free time at the end.

Is the PS3 release getting a digital version on PSN?

It did in Japan, it would be rather strange if it didn't elsewhere. There's just no digital preorder, I think.

Kensuke

As long as you prioritize certain ones (arcana in spoiler)
Death, Temperance and Fortune
, play it smart in increasing your parameters, and always save up a few missions for each Mementos trip (rather than going every time you get one), you should be fine. You won't have a ton of extra time for the fishing, batting range and so on, but I got all of them to max without following any sort of time table and had about two weeks of free time at the end.

Cool, thanks for the tips. Not planning to use a guide or time table.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry if this has been covered a bunch, but is there's a persona in this one similar to Yoshitsune or Trumpeter in P4G, that I should be aiming at?

I've been getting new ones from fights and fusions, but I still feel like all of my persona are terrible.

I'm just done with the third palace, and am level 26.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom