• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 New Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that the site is actually working, it looks like they have a new blog post up: http://p-ch.jp/news/detail/?nid=244

It's a message from Hashino and the dev team to fans. He talks about how Persona 5's main influences are School Juvenile fiction and Picaresque novels. Unlike previous Persona games where the players were clearly a team on the side of "good" going after a bad guy, this time they're trying for something a little different. The story is about high school students chasing after their own interpretation of "justice" after an unexpected incident. He hopes fans will enjoy the enhanced graphics and sound in the new entry as well as party members who might be a little more ill-mannered than before.
Hnng.
I don't have the time right now and I'm sure some people are already typing away furiously at their translations anyway, but my main takeaway is this:
- they're aiming for a blend of "young adult high school" drama and "picaresque romantic" tales.
- in the previous installments, you were chasing evil. This time, you're the one being chased.

Japanese version, Day 1. (I think I said that already)
Wuuuh? Shadows got the system trying to hunt down the vigilantes? I accept their challenge!
Wait the protagonist is gonna speak now?
That would be great. I still think they are going for a semi "insert-yourself-here" kind of character though.

I like the choice of protagonist's VA

B9FRFRJCYAIRG6r.png:orig

B9FRFOXCUAIgNwn.png:orig

Persona 5 [OT] All According To Keikaku

sappyday

Honestly if the party is that small then I feel like the MC should have a voice acting beyond just grunts. But hopefully the party is bigger.

Zareka

Oh man that blog post sounds so good. So goooood.

Hoping the protagonist is silent if I'm honest. A nameable, but still fully fleshed out and voiced, main character just sounds so weird. Like they can't make up their mind whether they want it to be the player or not.

Dawg

The castle seems to be the first real dungeon. Also all gameplay seems to be in the castle.

You have 4 party members. Two human allies, one cat and yourself.

In Persona 4, Yukiko's castle is the first real dungeon. You get Chie and Yukiko there. Yosuke before. Also 4 party members total.

So that means there will be a bunch more party members after eh? :3

duckroll

It's interesting that in SMT3 and P3, Atlus removed the gun weapons from the respective series, but in SMT4 and P5, they've brought guns back as weapons with their own equip slot. Maybe they're.... gunning for their fanbase?

guquQeb.jpg

Seik

Banned
Holy fucking shiiiiiiiiiiit.

That theme.

Those stylish menus.

That gameplay.

This is soooooo day 1! :D

Sinfamy

Its 5 AM, I have class in 5 hours and a ton of work afterwards, but god dammit I am happy.
I am giggling and smiling like a little girl.

I got a Type-0, FFXV and a Persona 5 trailer the same night.

This year is going to be amazing.

Buying it day -0.

Nameless

If the Japanese version has the option for English subs/menus and drops months earlier than the US version, this will definitely be my first PS4 import.

Steel

Banned
Looks like no more social links and you fight your old persona like sandman in fights. Didn't see social links in the menu. Big changes holy crap.

There's probably something like social links in, they still have the calendar system.

Tirod

Dunno if any of you guys caught this, but it seems that The Velvet Room in P5 is a jail cell, and Igor's assistants are your guards:

Oh wow, I never noticed the guards at all in my ongoing repeated viewings lol.

Nice catch, that was the only weird, out of place scene I couldn't wrap my head around.

I also find the idea of the Velvet Room being a personal jail cell hilarious.

bomblord1

Banned
Anyone else notice the transformation sequence at the end had the persona awakening sound?

It looks like persona's in this game are literal masks instead of figurative ones.

I'm not liking the super hero thing going on in this trailer.

Also, a cat is apparently part of the core team this time around?

Also, their persona's seem to be literal masks/outfits in this game based on the sequence at the end.

Super hero? It's more of a cat burgler theme like from the 1950's serials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom