• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 New Trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.

cluderi

yesyesyes.gif

Looks fantastic, I can't wait for this. Really liked the Catherine style graphics in there as well (loved the art style of that game)

My most wanted title of 2015/2016
Atlus pls...

robotrock

Banned
Famitsu Screen + Hashino Interview.

l_54d08ed57fe4fzwfrv.jpg

trench coat mobbin'

We all know the Western release will have the usual mediocre dub though... The protag being voiced by Lelouch/Kira/Fukuyama Jun/Fucking Christ himself is just pouring salt in the wound.

Guess I'll just have to buy the Japanese version.
They cant reuse JYB since hes Yu, and Yuri Lowenthal is Minato so imma guess...vic minyana probably not.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I wonder if they're going back to negotiations or if the MC has a locked persona like the rest of the party. Not gonna lie, I'm hoping for the latter.
Negotiation is ass garbage so I hope it doesn't reappear.

Evilmaus

Shouldn't have watched this at work. I about nearly screamed. It was just so damn stylish!
Hyped doesn't begin to describe my feelings right now.

Negotiation is ass garbage so I hope it doesn't reappear.
Oh come on, getting to know the demons was hilarious

ARHG HGHGASJDAKLDASDASXXXXASSAS *static*
>Tell a joke
AGJDSSLSJAKLDJASLDKJASKLJFJLA
*the demon seems afraid*
>Do an impression of a celebrity
LKSJALFKJASJGHASKGHA
*the demon has run away*

Forkball

This is probably a stretch but with the director saying that some of these characters being more ill-mannered than before I wonder if the chick having that four leaf clover may actually be some sort of anonymous/4chan person. It's a little too blunt but...
...The four leaf clover is a universal symbol of good luck. 4chan did not invent it.

Man I hope that blonde character is Naruto in everything but Naruto. The series ending left a Fox shaped whole in my heart.

i'm not so much of a graphics whore but the deformed PS2 models for the persona series look like butt and i'm so glad we got somethign that does the art style justice now.
(can't find it, but imagine there is the Persona 4 picture, with Kanji's face all mad looking, with the text saying "Kanji is happy" or something)
lilqee.gif

eighlh.gif

Road-skiing and shooting stuff confirmed.
Considering the mobility options at play, maybe we can road skate with them? Also, guns, CAN'T HANDLE THE STYLE YO!
Please be Ginko's kid. Not gonna happen but it would be cool!
Holy crap those were Sandmen they are fighting! We're fighting DEMONS AGAIN!!!! SO hype. It also seems like we're back to the real world! The dungeons don't look cut off from everything either. Add Guns+Swords and it looks like Persona might actuially be back to its SMT roots!
Who is Ginko? Also yeah, SMT roots is awesome. Wonder if this means we get law/neutral/chaos paths? Unlikely, but would be amazing IMO. ATULS probably wants to keep that an SMT thing though. (Except didn't the first few Persona games have it?)

Dunno if any of you guys caught this, but it seems that The Velvet Room in P5 is a jail cell, and Igor's assistants are your guards:
Ow shit, good catch!
Yeah, nice touch ATLUS!
Its 5 AM, I have class in 5 hours and a ton of work afterwards, but god dammit I am happy.
I am giggling and smiling like a little girl.

I got a Type-0, FFXV and a Persona 5 trailer the same night.

This year is going to be amazing.

Buying it day -0.
Agreed. Many other games to look forward to as well. I'm in the same boat (or timezone :p) as you with the school thing though, glad I set an alarm to wake me up though. Very worth it!
It almost sounds like it's gonna be Persona-users vs Persona-users
Cannot handle! Villain Persona-users is something in Persona 3 right? I haven't finished it.

Edit:
Quick question, can I import the USA version and play it on an European PS4?

PS4 is region free, so yes.

I want that art style, that swag, that music, that everything in my fucking veins now!!!!! HOLY SHIIIIITTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
vegeta-dance-gif.gif

ActualFeistyBettong.gif

sappyday

...The four leaf clover is a universal symbol of good luck. 4chan did not invent it.

Yes I know. I was just referring to the fact that group are now criminal types and are hiding behind masks and such. Plus the director saying the characters are more ill-mannered.

I'm actually shocked we didn't get a release date. Does that mean its going to quietly slip into 2016? We have hardly gotten any info aside from this trailer and the teaser one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom