• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

Rodin

Hahahahaha

Just lost I don't know how much progress in palace 7 cause an enemy decided to asspull 300+ ice damage to joker despite no weaknesses. I only had to strike him once more to win.

Fuck off with this shitty mechanic, i have a healer and countless revive items ffs.

To be fair
the problem i have with that is the fact you are up against an
entity and not even an human you can hate, love, admire, etc. It's just the embodiment of what's wrong in this city and that's not like the kind of thing I like

No final villain in the series will ever beat
Nyarlathotep
as a baddie. He was both the most evil, smartest, and most successful villain in Persona. I really do miss having him and Philemon around. Though when I saw the
Holy Grail
I couldn't stop thinking that someone on the team was a big Fate Stay/Night fan.

I did really like the Igor reveal though. It makes the Grail the best villain since P2.

nOoblet16

Hahahahaha

Just lost I don't know how much progress in palace 7 cause an enemy decided to asspull 300+ ice damage to joker despite no weaknesses. I only had to strike him once more to win.

Fuck off with this shitty mechanic, i have a healer and countless revive items ffs.
I know which enemy it is. I died the same place and thought I lost 1.5 hours of progress. I actually made it back to the same place within 10mins. You realise how slow you were playing the first time around when you do it again a 2nd time. Tip for this time
after you kill the mini boss at restaurant, go back to the lobby and save. Will take you like 1 Min>

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Again post-palace 6 spoilers

All these messages im getting, I assume its only from confidants I maxed out (thus that would know Im the phantom thief)? If so thats a nice touch.

Hahahahaha

Yeah , but it adds tension. The camera and stealth controls are also awesome because they add tension, too

Zarth

It's not really just that though. It being about one of the only mechanics that hides you away from enemies is what makes it come off half-baked. More options for avoiding detection, perhaps unique to most of the Palaces would have been more interesting. And an enemy walking right past me, inches away, in the hallway or past my tiny cover shoebox is not something I'd compliment the game on.

Thats fair I guess, more interesting stealth mechanics within the dungeons just for flavor would be nice.

Overall I felt the stealth was a step in a great direction. This was exactly how you were supposed to play the old Personas (Try and ambush) but this actually backs it up with mechanics to help you do that instead of doing the awkward circle dance to get behind something.

Ultimadrago

Thats fair I guess, more interesting stealth mechanics within the dungeons just for flavor would be nice.

Overall I felt the stealth was a step in a great direction. This was exactly how you were supposed to play the old Personas (Try and ambush) but this actually backs it up with mechanics to help you do that instead of doing the awkward circle dance to get behind something.

I completely agree. Again, I still really appreciate the step in making dungeon crawling more fun and visually stimulating. You know, I had already forgotten about the mythical Circle Dance in days of old. Haha. Good times.

Guess Who

Banned

Yeah, the stealth in this game just feels like a natural evolution of what I usually did in P3/P4 anyway, which is hang around a corner until the shadow turns around and then run up behind it.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Hahahahaha

I'm having 'Nam flashbacks.

Jisgsaw

It's for all of them. The same thing happened to me with one from May. Did you check old texts yet? How many times have you worked at the store.

I checked my old texts, but as it is over three months old...

I ran into this issue (though I had a save far enough back without too many issues in-between). You'd still get the text even if you hadn't worked there, so it's too late if you didn't reply to it back when it was still available.

Crap :-/ Why didn't they mlake these mandatory texts? I don't check all my messages every day...
Well, there's always NG+.

asagami_

Banned
Hahahahaha

The fact you have not weakness isn't enough, you should be able overcome them and resist such attacks, or better, nullify or repel them. I'm in the fourth palace so I haven't idea what Persona you can summon, but I would expect you can summon a few one who have multiple resistences.

abundant

All these messages im getting, I assume its only from confidants I maxed out (thus that would know Im the phantom thief)? If so thats a nice touch.

Correct.

Which is why people need to max out the Temperance confidant before than. It fits in perfectly.

Jintor

Yeah, the stealth in this game just feels like a natural evolution of what I usually did in P3/P4 anyway, which is hang around a corner until the shadow turns around and then run up behind it.

i wish they had better design though. all that stealth to be trapped in mostly corridors with only one critical path, or the fact that the camera can't actually go all the way around, or that the 'move to a new point' button is the same as 'ambush the enemy' button...

Rodin

I know which enemy it is. I died the same place and thought I lost 1.5 hours of progress. I actually made it back to the same place within 10mins. You realise how slow you were playing the first time around when you do it again a 2nd time. Tip for this time
after you kill the mini boss at restaurant, go back to the lobby and save. Will take you like 1 Min>
Yeah you're right, i should've done that but i honestly didn't think there was an enemy that could nearly one shot me before the next save room considering they barely touched me (first mini boss included) up until then.
The fact you have not weakness isn't enough, you should be able to resist such attacks, or better, nullify or repel them. I'm in the fourth palace so I haven't idea what Persona you can summon, but I would expect you can summon a few one who have multiple resistences.
I know that, in fact i was using a Persona that repelled phys attacks considering that's what he'd been using for the entire fight before asspulling. You're in palace 4 so i can't really say much more.

Yes, i appreciated that as well.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I know that, in fact i was using a Persona that repelled phys attacks considering that's what he'd been using for the entire fight before asspulling. You're in palace 4 so i can't really say much more.

In any game with RNG, things won't always go your way.

Czh3blo.gif

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
40 hours in
3rd palace done

The going is getting sooo good. This game folks! Its too damn good!

LiK

Yes, each of the costume packs also comes with an accessory with good perks. The Persona 3 one has SEES Armbands which give you more money from battles.

Yes, I'm part of the problem. Sorry.

Damn, I might pick it up to help make money for Platinum run.

It's also on disc Dlc Unlock Key.. so you are paying for content already on your hdd or disc. A disgusting practice and not one that should be rewarded, I thought we left that behind in old gen?

I cant buy them just for that.

Rodin

Btw i have a question about my confidants ranks. Day 25/11, this is the current situation:

Igor 9
Morgana 9
Makoto 8
Haru 1 (started too late and i don't have proficiency 5 to progress in her sidequest)
Yusuke 7
Sojiro 6
Ann max/lover
Ryuji max
Akechi 8
Futaba 4
Chihaya 4
Twin Wardens 4
Iwai 2
Tae max
Kawakami 3
Ohya 5
Shinya 4
Hifumi 8
Mishima 7
Yoshida max
Sae max

Now i don't care about maxing everyone, and i realize it's not possible (i simply played the game giving more attention to the people and the activities i was more interested in, i didn't want to use a guide nor i had enough experience to handle things the best way possible considering this is my first Persona), but i really, really want to max
Sojiro, Futaba, Makoto, Yusuke and Hifumi
. Do i have enough time to do it? Should i unlock
Chihaya
rank 7?

Zarth

Btw i have a question about my confidants ranks. Day 25/11, this is the current situation:

Igor 9
Morgana 9
Makoto 8
Haru 1 (started too late and i don't have proficiency 5 to progress in her sidequest)
Yusuke 7
Sojiro 6
Ann max/lover
Ryuji max
Akechi 8
Futaba 4
Chihaya 4
Twin Wardens 4
Iwai 2
Tae max
Kawakami 3
Ohya 5
Shinya 4
Hifumi 8
Mishima 7
Yoshida max
Sae max

Now i don't care about maxing everyone, and i realize it's not possible (i simply played the game giving more attention to the people and the activities i was more interested in, i didn't want to use a guide nor i had enough experience to handle things the best way possible considering this is my first Persona), but i really, really want to max
Chihaya
rank 7?

I'm not sure you have the time to finish the ones you want.

Yes, each of the costume packs also comes with an accessory with good perks. The Persona 3 one has SEES Armbands which give you more money from battles.

Yes, I'm part of the problem. Sorry.
Do you need to equip the SEES armband to everyone? Or just one person.
Edit: never mind its answer in the last page.

JBwB

Igor 9
Morgana 9
Makoto 8
Yusuke 7
Sojiro 6
Ann max/lover
Ryuji max
Akechi 8
Futaba 4
Chihaya 4
Twin Wardens 4
Iwai 2
Tae max
Kawakami 3
Ohya 5
Shinya 4
Hifumi 8
Mishima 7
Yoshida max
Sae max

Chihaya
rank 7?

Even with
Chihaya's affinity reading
I'd say it's impossible to max out the confidants you want in the amount of time left.

Bronetta

I weep when I think of all the bantz I missed out on because I happened to open a door in the middle of it.

Yeah lol I need to get in the habit of not interacting with anything when theres dialogue because it gets interrupted.

Yeah lol I need to get in the habit of not interacting with anything when theres dialogue because it gets interrupted.

The worst is when you're approaching a shadow for an ambush and someone starts talking.

At first I tried to back off and listen, but that usually resulted in the shadow noticing and chasing me, cutting the dialogue off anyway. Now I just sigh and keep going for the shadow.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
"Shut the fuck up inmate you piece of shit"

"Ok :("

Twookie

getting a game over because of an enemy getting a crit kill/strong spell on the main character the first turn of a fight is pretty lame, man

granted I'm pretty early on in the game so I don't have that much hp (I do have the best gear I can buy atm though)

bluethree

No final villain in the series will ever beat
Nyarlathotep
as a baddie. He was both the most evil, smartest, and most successful villain in Persona. I really do miss having him and Philemon around. Though when I saw the
Holy Grail
I couldn't stop thinking that someone on the team was a big Fate Stay/Night fan.

I did really like the Igor reveal though. It makes the Grail the best villain since P2.

Not to mention, out of all the supernatural villains in the series, he had the most personality

Rhaknar

Fusing persona with specific abilities for the strength SL is shit.

Hahahahaha

King frost ain't no joke! Luckily there is a persona in that same palace that's null to ice

Top Bottom