• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

I don't know if this has already been discussed to death, so sorry if I'm beating a dead horse....

I was considering buying the Izanagi DLC because he's always been my favorite Persona. Just love the design and the overall feel to his skillset. But I also noticed that he comes in at level 20, which seems a touch low. I'm at level 32 right now so I can conceivably fuse up to that level already.

Are the DLC personas pretty much outclassed before you even buy them?

I feel like if you have your stats right, and make use of Chihaya's skills, you can probably make it. And Yes, you can do all the twin stuff at once, as long as you have enough money.

All of my stats (except for Guts) are maxed, and since I don't have anyone outside of Hifumi at night to rank up, I should be able to get Chihaya's Rank 7 ability next time I talk with her, and that'll help me with any further road bumps later on.

Will it be close, or should I actually have time to level up some outside of these by the end?

I don't know if this has already been discussed to death, so sorry if I'm beating a dead horse....

I was considering buying the Izanagi DLC because it's always been my favorite Persona. Just love the design and the overall feel to its skillset. But I also noticed that it comes in at level 20, which seems a touch low. I'm at level 32 right now so I can conceivably fuse up to that level already.

Not sure. You could try gathering a bunch of treasure demons, and strengthen Izanagi.

Ok since I want to talk about that game a bit here's some random thoughts. DON'T CLICK UNLESS YOU HAVE FINISHED THE GAME

- Akechi's death felt so dirty, more than a sad moment, it really capture the fact that Akechi was both a victim and a culprit that was beyond saving, seeing him becoming more and more angry and then realizing he was killed by basically himself gave me a mix of emotions I rarely feel, truly one of the most brillant cutscene of the game

- Shido on the contrary, despite a great boss fight, felt rushed, I didn't get the feel that I beat him fair and square. The calling card idea was genius, but it was completely forgotten because of the last arc.

- The idea of a god that intervernes once again to mess with everyone and everything is not my cup of tea, I love my Persona with realistic setting with some supernatural twists but not something that fucks up with everything

- However, the story it tells is really interesting, it's actually pretty spot on with how society actually is and makes you think, it's an good subject to say the least

- Even though I am sick of this god thing, the final boss with all this shonens shenaningans gave me goosebumbs, well played

- All the cutscenes after beating the final boss were so cool, the christmas date,
the valentine date and then the cheating date, all of my confidants who try to release Joker, "Morgana's death", everything was beautiful, to be honest, I shed a tear.
The sequence when you say goodbye to everyone one by one was the finishing touch,
I remember it was the case in Persona 3 or 4 (correct me if i am wrong) but it was so touching there, especially with the music

- "Oracle, give me an ad-mice"... "Oracle an ad-mice?" why so Yusuke is bae

On an another topic end august spoilers :

the cutscence with the 2 gays mans at the beach was just too much,
I am not usually upset by that kind of the thing since I'm not targeted directly but this left a bad taste in my mouth, especially after what P4 did, almost 10 years ago (ok it was not perfect and Yosuke is a bastard but still, that was 10 times less offensive than that).
Hope the writers were told that this joke was shit.

Weebos

Banned

I was considering buying the Izanagi DLC because it's always been my favorite Persona. Just love the design and the overall feel to its skillset. But I also noticed that it comes in at level 20, which seems a touch low. I'm at level 32 right now so I can conceivably fuse up to that level already.

They come at a range of levels and they're all pretty decent so far. Thanatos comes at 65 lol, so if you're looking to trivialize the combat that is an option.

I believe Izanagi learns Growth 3 (might be confusing it with Orpheus). Combine that with some skill cards and it should be decent with a big of leveling.

Opa-Pa

I bought Izanagi for the same reason while I was a similar level as you, and the good news is that Izanagi Picaro learns Growth 3 (and can be turned into its skill card), this skill makes it so he gets 100% of the exp after battles even if you don't use him, so with that plus a couple gallows sacrifices he'll catch up eventually. On top of that, regular Izanagi learns null physical and gives you its skill card as well.

DLC Personas come with great stat growth and skills so if you manage to get them to your level, they're worth it. Izanagi also has his own signature physical skill that's really good through the entire game.

Weebos

Banned
All of my stats (except for Guts) are maxed, and since I don't have anyone outside of Hifumi at night to rank up, I should be able to get Chihaya's Rank 7 ability next time I talk with her, and that'll help me with any further road bumps later on.

Will it be close, or should I actually have time to level up some outside of these by the end?

I think you should have some time to spare, depends on how many extra days each of these take, but assuming each one ranks up when you visit them then you should have more than enough time.

The main issue might be scheduling, I'm not sure what each character's schedule looks like, so you may end up wasting some of your days with nobody to hang out with.

I'd say 5-10 hours at least.

It's the best feeling you can get for beating the game ^^

I guess it's somewhere between 93,50 and 94,00 at the moment, it's possible it will drop back to 93 again, time will tell.
well the avaerage was 93.59 when it dropped to 93,

btw, breath of the wild average is 96.51 yet it never dropped to 96

Not sure. You could try gathering a bunch of treasure demons, and strengthen Izanagi.

They come at a range of levels and they're all pretty decent so far. Thanatos comes at 65 lol, so if you're looking to trivialize the combat that is an option.

I believe Izanagi learns Growth 3 (might be confusing it with Orpheus). Combine that with some skill cards and it should be decent with a big of leveling.

I bought Izanagi for the same reason while I was a similar level as you, and the good news is that Izanagi Picaro learns Growth 3 (and can be turned into its skill card), this skill makes it so he gets 100% of the exp after battles even if you don't use him, so with that plus a couple gallows sacrifices he'll catch up eventually. On top of that, regular Izanagi learns null physical and gives you its skill card as well.

DLC Personas come with great stat growth and skills so if you manage to get them to your level, they're worth it. Izanagi also has his own signature physical skill that's really good through the entire game.

Thank you all very much! I think I'll buy him then. I know it's not the best reason in terms of actual gameplay, but I always focus on Personas that have appealing design instead of focusing on function. Even if a Persona is godly, if they are ugly I toss them aside. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MTC100

Banned
- However, the story it tells is really interesting, it's actually pretty spot on with how society actually is and makes you think, it's an good subject to say the least

I guess there is no need to spoiler tag this sentence, so I won't. Yes Persona 5 at times almost felt like a simulation, the effect the Phantom Thieves had on society felt realistic most of the time and the way the bad guys
manipulated their publicity
also felt like it could happen in the real world too.

Moral of Story: Humans are sheeps, most of them at least.

the cutscence with the 2 gays mans at the beach was just too much,
I am not usually upset by that kind of the thing since I'm not targeted directly but this left a bad taste in my mouth, especially after what P4 did, almost 10 years ago (ok it was not perfect and Yosuke is a bastard but still, that was 10 times less offensive than that).
Hope the writers were told that this joke was shit.

I didn't really find any scene in P5 funny, most stuff that was meant to be funny felt forced, some things like with
Futaba or Yusuke
were genuinely funny though, because of their characters.

I never felt offended though, the only thing that really made me mad was Palace
number 7 and the locked doors and air vents...

MTC100

Banned
well the avaerage was 93.59 when it dropped to 93,

btw, breath of the wild average is 96.51 yet it never dropped to 96

How do you know? MC uses a weighted system(edge hit hard with it's 8 for example, i think that was around that time where it dropped below 94), unless they have a link where they show you the decimals it's only us guessing the real score.

Certain bosses in Mementos have a fairly high chance of landing confusion spells on them. They then have a chance to drop tons of cash on their next turn.

I won't say you lose days, those were days you were never going to get full control of anyways. If the game gave you full control of time like it does during palace phase you would wrap everything up so quickly that you wouldn't have anything left to do other than doing palaces for half of the game.

Out of palace phase you usually get one time slot per day on days you get control, and on other days it can skip days for story reasons. What it should have done is that for those days when it skips days for story reasons it should skip to them directly instead of letting you walk around in your room and not be able to do anything but save and sleep.
This. The fact that the game puts you in your room but doesn't let you do anything is so stupid.

Whogie

Palace 7 boss is wrecking me. I just can't keep up towards the end. Level 61.

Time to grind, I guess. I've been stocking up healing and SP items so I wouldn't have to use SP as much in the beginning.

How do you know? MC uses a weighted system(edge hit hard with it's 8 for example, i think that was around that time where it dropped below 94), unless they have a link where they show you the decimals it's only us guessing the real score.
i did the average for persona 5 and breath of the wild myself and also did final fantasy 9 ps1 too, and from what i gathered metacritic uses the average of all reviews as a basis since all 3 matched up close to the metacritic score, but not sure how they determine when to round up or round down

This. The fact that the game puts you in your room but doesn't let you do anything is so stupid.

Someone upthread (as well as the post you quoted) noted that the reason you're sent back to your room even if you can't do anything might be to allow you to save. Of course, there are probably better ways of handling that (a plain menu at the end of the day, or at least don't call it "Evening" but "Night" and have the MC already in bed?) but it makes sense as a justification.

Also, water your damned plant.

MattVT

When a friend wants to hang out, but the game tells you that your bond isn't ready to strengthen, is it saying that spending time with them is pointless at the moment and I should focus on something else? Or, do you have to spend time with them several times to trigger a moment when the bond will actually strengthen? Just want to make sure I'm using time wisely.

When a friend wants to hang out, but the game tells you that your bond isn't ready to strengthen, is it saying that spending time with them is pointless at the moment and I should focus on something else? Or, do you have to spend time with them several times to trigger a moment when the bond will actually strengthen? Just want to make sure I'm using time wisely.

It means that it won't rank up, but spending time with them will increase their points, and make them closer to (or ready to) rank up next time you hang out with them.

The latter.

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member

I can't say with 100% certainty, but you'd probably be cutting it a bit close. The issue is because they're all day time, you might not be able to get them all, depending on when they're all available to hang out.

Palace 7 boss is wrecking me. I just can't keep up towards the end. Level 61.

Time to grind, I guess. I've been stocking up healing and SP items so I wouldn't have to use SP as much in the beginning.

Which difficulty ? Slayed the boss on level 55 on normal and never felt in danger, but I had some dope Personas

I guess there is no need to spoiler tag this sentence, so I won't. Yes Persona 5 at times almost felt like a simulation, the effect the Phantom Thieves had on society felt realistic most of the time and the way the bad guys
manipulated their publicity
also felt like it could happen in the real world too.

Moral of Story: Humans are sheeps, most of them at least.

I didn't really find any scene in P5 funny, most stuff that was meant to be funny felt forced, some things like with
Futaba or Yusuke
were genuinely funny though, because of their characters.

I never felt offended though, the only thing that really made me mad was Palace
number 7 and the locked doors and air vents...

Not offended but I was like "come on, really ?". And yeah, most of the funny moments come from Yusuke and Futaba, but for me there was a lot of moment. Yusuke is really a great character, even when he is serious, maybe he was a little bit more absent towards the end but expect that, it's a 10/10

Setsu00

Ok since I want to talk about that game a bit here's some random thoughts. DON'T CLICK UNLESS YOU HAVE FINISHED THE GAME

- The idea of a god that intervernes once again to mess with everyone and everything is not my cup of tea, I love my Persona with realistic setting with some supernatural twists but not something that fucks up with everything

Isn't the entire point of the Holy Grail that it's not really a god, but what humanity (or at least the people of Tokyo) seemingly wants the world to be? Yaldabaoth and the Holy Grail felt like the Shadow of Tokyo to me.

I'd say you have about the average length of an average AAA-Single Player game left :)

It's the best feeling you can get for beating the game ^^

I guess it's somewhere between 93,50 and 94,00 at the moment, it's possible it will drop back to 93 again, time will tell.

I am ready to break my disc of the game drops to a 93.

Zarth

I really agree with these parts. To expand,
I appreciate the inclusion of these mechanics to mix up RPG dungeon crawling, but they largely amount to what you wrote here (a different way to run into the same encounters) and I found that unsatisfying. Don't get me wrong, Ambushing is a satisfying set of animations, but there's not enough of them to mix up hundreds of encounters and it ends up being the only cathartic option to approaching most enemies via stealth. The real portion of the stealth mechanics are actually found within the Ace Tools you can create at home. One of them actually gives you the ability to sneak past while invisible or send a group of enemies to sleep. But I wish the game did a better job of incorporating and incentivizing pure undetected stealth into the level design rather than it simply being relegated to optional items and some nice (Vents, Camera Disabling), but ultimately underutilized palette of required bulletpoints.

I've been wondering about why folks are complaining about the stealth. They don't really explain it but do people realize that "Hiding" gives you full 360 degree coverage? Stuff can walk right next to you and look right at you and it will ignore you. You can totally let guys just walk right past you.

Isn't the entire point of the Holy Grail that it's not really a god, but what humanity (or at least the people of Tokyo) seemingly wants the world to be? Yaldabaoth and the Holy Grail felt like the Shadow of Tokyo to me.

To be fair
the problem i have with that is the fact you are up against an
entity and not even an human you can hate, love, admire, etc. It's just the embodiment of what's wrong in this city and that's not like the kind of thing I like

Normal. Personas are 55-65ish.
That makes me hopeful, thanks. Googling recommended levels and strategies is difficult.

Sorry I was mistaken, I was also on level 61 haha

I can't say with 100% certainty, but you'd probably be cutting it a bit close. The issue is because they're all day time, you might not be able to get them all, depending on when they're all available to hang out.

This makes me a bit nervous, but I'll do what I can to prioritize the ones I care about more and minimize wasted time with Chihaya's rank 7 ability.

Hopefully with that it's just a matter of spending the time with them,i know that in Makoto and Takemi's cases there's definitely not going to be any wasted time.

... Outside of me deciding who I like more.

Jisgsaw

So, are all the mementos requests from Mishima pop-ups, must read messages, or could I have screwed myself out of a trophy by not reading one of his SMS?
Can't seem to start the Convenience Store request, I'm in Novemebr...

BrightLightLava

Unconfirmed Member
So, are all the mementos requests from Mishima pop-ups, must read messages, or could I have screwed myself out of a trophy by not reading one of his SMS?

It's for all of them. The same thing happened to me with one from May. Did you check old texts yet? How many times have you worked at the store.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Post Palace 6 / End Game dont fucking click if you havent gotten there.

Akechi better be a boss somewhere in this.

Gorillaz

Very curious to see the sales numbers for this one. Some of the OST tracks have hit 1 million views.

Really crazy to see this surge in popularity for this series.

It's been a slow uptick. It wasn't making waves like that at least online until Golden came out on vita and everyone said it was a must buy.

That's why I'm assuming Atlus will strike while the iron is hot and put out the spinouts quick and then 6 alot faster then the time gap between 4 and 5. If this shit sits for for a better part of a decade due to money, licensing or engine problems or whatever again then Atlus has some serious problems.

Zolo

I ran into this issue (though I had a save far enough back without too many issues in-between). You'd still get the text even if you hadn't worked there, so it's too late if you didn't reply to it back when it was still available.

Ultimadrago

I've been wondering about why folks are complaining about the stealth. They don't really explain it but do people realize that "Hiding" gives you full 360 degree coverage? Stuff can walk right next to you and look right at you and it will ignore you. You can totally let guys just walk right past you.

It's not really just that though. It being about one of the only mechanics that hides you away from enemies is what makes it come off half-baked. More options for avoiding detection, perhaps unique to most of the Palaces would have been more interesting. And an enemy walking right past me, inches away, in the hallway or past my tiny cover shoebox is not something I'd compliment the game on.

Top Bottom