• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

wighti

Amazing game. The only thing standing out to me at the moment are some of the animations. Did they really skimp out on animating things like people standing up from sitting? Usually when something like that happenes it cuts to black and returns with the person having stood up.

Just something that I've noticed in otherwise GOAT game ;)

Cess007

Finished the 3rd palace last night after playing for hours when I told myself I would only play a quick session lol

The boss was quite easy actually, I'd more troubles with the normal enemies in the final section!

PK Gaming

C9-cy-bVwAAV7Bv.jpg

nOoblet16

Imo i dont Think so, sure theres more real problems,

But persona 3 shows depression and suicide more graphically than 5, the story in general and atmosphere of persona 3 is more depressive
P3 is the emo kind of depressive. Depends on people if they find it depressive.

Young Magus

Dungeon Question: Timeframe Early-Mid November.

I got a good 16~14 days left to do Saes palace and now I gotta just send the calling card. Will the story move to where it was at the beginning of the game if I send the card or can I finish the Palace and have free time after I finish it (like how its been so far)

KorrZ

Considering dropping down to easy.... I'm in palace 3 but every time I get my MC randomly killed with a critical and lose progress I just quit playing.

Figure I would share this with you guys. Found it on Reddit:

Works like a charm. Doesn't work with iPhone (that's what you get for buying an iPhone 😂)

Can send link if anyone wants it. Extremely customizable, the default theme has a take your heart wallpaper.

Sciel

Dungeon Question: Timeframe Early-Mid November.

I got a good 16~14 days left to do Saes palace and now I gotta just send the calling card. Will the story move to where it was at the beginning of the game if I send the card or can I finish the Palace and have free time after I finish it (like how its been so far)
You can send it, the game will not fast forward due to...reasons.

Salaadin

Currently on 10/24 and wondering if I'm going to have the time to finish some Confidants. Can someone who finished the game chime in?

Makoto rank 5
Yusuke rank 3
Sojiro rank 7
Futaba rank 7
Takemi rank 7
Mishima rank 9

That's a lot to do yet. I was blocked due to social stats on Sojiro and Makoto but I'm good there now. I also need a day in Mementos to progress on Takemi and Futaba. Am I going to have time?

It feels like I'm stuck in story now with my only free time being at night

nOoblet16

Currently on 10/24 and wondering if I'm going to have the time to finish some Confidants. Can someone who finished the game chime in?

Makoto rank 5
Yusuke rank 3
Sojiro rank 7
Futaba rank 7
Takemi rank 7
Mishima rank 9

That's a lot to do yet. I was blocked due to social stats on Sojiro and Makoto but I'm good there now. I also need a day in Mementos to progress on Takemi and Futaba. Am I going to have time?

It feels like I'm stuck in story now with my only free time being at night
You have time but the issue is that the characters don't show up everyday. Considering that you might be cutting it real close.

nOoblet16

zelhawks37

Oh thsts just lame.

Final boss spoilers:

Got killed by Yaldabaoth's super charged attack due to it taking two turns and taking away the attack debuff on the boss along with the defense buff on my team. Would have been nice if Futaba hinted at it taking two turns instead of one. I was so close too...

Guess Who

Banned
Oh thsts just lame.

Final boss spoilers:

Got killed by Yaldabaoth's super charged attack due to it taking two turns and taking away the attack debuff on the boss along with the defense buff on my team. Would have been nice if Futaba hinted at it taking two turns instead of one. I was so close too...

For
boss charges in these games I always guard as soon as the charge stops until it finishes, because some charges in past games have also taken multiple turns and I never know until it happens.

AngryMoth

12/24:
Am I required to beat this palace in one day? Running low on SP and used all my recovery items in palace 7 thinking it was the last one...

Guess Who

Banned
12/24:
Am I required to beat this palace in one day? Running low on SP and used all my recovery items in palace 7 thinking it was the last one...

If you go back to the start (which you can warp to from a safe room) and speak to Caroline outside the Velvet Room, she'll refill your HP/SP.

kadotsu

Banned
Optional boss fight that everyone knows about:
Why is there so much animation in the twin fight. It's more than all of the bosses combined.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
NG+ question:
At what level will the Justine/Caroline fight be actually doable? I tried it on level 24, but I cant even get past the 6th round. Do I basically need to go through the whole game again to beat this?

Sciel

Spoiler tag please.

NG+ question:
At what level will the Justine/Caroline fight be actually doable? I tried it on level 24, but I cant even get past the 6th round. Do I basically need to go through the whole game again to beat this?
You need to be pretty high level/have well fused Persona's to beat them. So yup, probably only doable towards the end of the game.

DNAbro

"Playing on safety will give so much money that I can easily fuse everything I need to"

*burns through 2 million yen in a fusing session with still 25% left to go*

shit gets expensive.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Palace 2 and now (spoilers)
sending the calling card to fight Madarame's shadow.

Palace is easier than the previous one so far or maybe I'm getting better.

Finally beat the 2nd palace boss. Holy crap that was tough. Wasted a ton of items...

Oh shit.. advice before going in?

Niks

Palace 2 and now (spoilers)
sending the calling card to fight Madarame's shadow.

Palace is easier than the previous one so far or maybe I'm getting better.

Oh shit.. advice before going in?

Have revive items ready, and a dedicated healer.
Guy has no weaknesses
so you need to keep your health up and keep on shaving off damage little by little. Tricky boss..

Figure I would share this with you guys. Found it on Reddit:

Works like a charm. Doesn't work with iPhone (that's what you get for buying an iPhone 😂)

Can send link if anyone wants it. Extremely customizable, the default theme has a take your heart wallpaper.

nice, can i have a link? Is it simple to set up? (i barely use my smartphone, i never changed anything on it, just use it for call, message and whatsapp, yeah i'm an old guy when it comes to phones, haha)

Persona 5 drinking game

Take a drink every time a npc social link (general slink rank 10 spoilers)
figured out you're a member of the phantom thieves

Finish your drink if they have sex with you afterwards

My teenager just finished the game. He loved the game. Which persona game should he play next, 3 or 4?

Make sure he also checks out P3. It's still the best Persona game other than P2 which has the best story.

Definitely these two versions. I would say reverse the order though due to the character similarities in 4 and 5.

(and personally, Persona 3 is my favorite out of the two).

Imo i dont Think so, sure theres more real problems,

But persona 3 shows depression and suicide more graphically than 5, the story in general and atmosphere of persona 3 is more depressive

P3 definitely was more consistent with its overall dark tone. P5 kind of lost its edge at different points in the game.

Mitsuru definitely felt like much more of a leader than Makoto.

Top Bottom